High and low point of your day

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lulzfish

Re: High and low point of your day

Postby lulzfish » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:47 am UTC

High: Got an interesting assignment in one of my CS classes, so I'm starting the homework Monday night, right after it's assigned, instead of Monday morning, right before it's due.

Low: Still can't bring myself to give a shit about the loads of math homework due Wednesday morning. It will get done. I know Future Lulzfish can do it, because he believes in me who believes in him.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 pm UTC

High: Talking to $partner
Low: Crying about stupid stuff.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:42 pm UTC

High: Today, while running, the cross country coach's son decided to run with me to keep me company. He's three years old, and he managed to keep up with me for 3-4 laps. :P It was damn cute.

Low: I've barely been getting any sleep lately, and I'm so tired. :(
"My desire for knowledge is intermittent, but my desire to bathe my head in atmospheres unknown to my feet is perennial and constant."

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:20 am UTC

High: Screwed with a virtual machine of Arch LInux for like 4 hours, and even compiled my music player on it and tested it through VirtualBox's audio virtualizer. It didn't run very well, but now I'm psyched for installing Arch in a few weeks / over winter break / whenever. It looks REALLY cool.

Low: Probably could have finished my large amount of math homework in those 4 hours...

Daojia
Location: A vast, desolate and uninhabitable island north of Tasmania

Postby Daojia » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:39 am UTC

Jessica wrote:High: Talking to $partner
Low: Crying about stupid stuff.

Word for word, me too. Snap! I hope the ups are cancelling out the downs for you :)
Sapere aude.

rubber314chicken

Postby rubber314chicken » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:32 pm UTC

High: The world loves me (well, not all of it, but I at least felt like I had a social life today)

Low: My nose and throat freaking hurt.
Official Thread-Jacker

SecondTalon wrote:Semen! I said semen! tee hee!

rath358
The bone of my bone

Postby rath358 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:01 am UTC

high: made a chainmail bracelet during CA class.
low: getting yelled at for being a lazy ass on my robotics team (it sucked because I know it is true)
low: shittiness in general
low: tried to call a friend to talk about this, and ended up waking them up...

BigBoss

Postby BigBoss » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:19 am UTC

High: One of the girls I work with plugged their ipod into the radio, and set it to shuffle. A few songs later, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers started playing.

Low: Cut myself on mashed potatoes. That's right, mashed potatoes.
You don't give up hope just because something's hopeless. You cover up your ears, and talk really loud.

Tampons could be used to stop a nosebleed! - Tillian

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:48 am UTC

BigBoss wrote:Low: Cut myself on mashed potatoes. That's right, mashed potatoes.
Erm... how?
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

BigBoss

Postby BigBoss » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:50 am UTC

I was washing a pan, and ran one of my fingers across a dried bit.
You don't give up hope just because something's hopeless. You cover up your ears, and talk really loud.

Thrin

Postby Thrin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:18 pm UTC

High: Intelligent kitten making me feel like she knows exactely what im thinking and that I am but a small obsticle on her path to world domination, then falling asleep in my lap.

Low: Still have a cold and headache, so walking in the cld rain to lectures was less than fantastic

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:21 pm UTC

Low: Waiting...:(

High: Surprisingly, Chinese class. We just messed around the entire class, walking around with pomelo peelings on our heads, taking pictures and just.. having fun.
"My desire for knowledge is intermittent, but my desire to bathe my head in atmospheres unknown to my feet is perennial and constant."

GuitarFreak

Postby GuitarFreak » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:17 pm UTC

No high point yet...

Low: Getting my calc exam back that I though I did great in, only to find out I made 3 STUPID mistakes that cost me at least 30 points (like multiplying 1/(x+1) by 1/x and coming out with 1/(x^2+1) instead of 1/(x(x+1)) and doing partial fractions. that was a 10pt question), having two papers due that I couldn't write because I can't write for shit and it bugs the hell out of me. My semester is turning to total shit.

I suppose a high point would be at least I think I got all of the multiple choice questions on that exam right, but that's still only a C.
Cooler than a bose-einstein condensate
Bakemaster wrote:I went to high school with a girl whose middle name was Nguyen and whose last name was Huynh. It was a win-win situation.

Bartimaeus

Postby Bartimaeus » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:56 pm UTC

High: Today was better than normal socially, and I went over an incredibly awesome [chess game!](http://www.monroi.com/wdc/ss/ss.php?sho ... e_id=57236)

Low: Nothing, really :)

@GuitarFreak-If I mentally transfer some of the awesome of my day to you will it help at all?

Rowadanr
Location: Living in my solar dome on a platform in... somerset.

Postby Rowadanr » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:57 pm UTC

High point:
Almost literally in this case. Spent the morning more or less high on creative energy and caffeine as I almost forced concept sketches out into my Musings Book and feverishly researched the things i'd need for symbolism in the painting I'm planning. I've been quietly mulling some very basic and, retrospecively, quite dull ideas around in my head for a week now, and then as I was eating breakfast in the refectory, my airship of thought randomly drifted across "maybe I could represent the human form with hubble-style cosmi ima... *idea face* ooooooh... Paper. I need paper. Now."

Low Point:
Had to abandon said feverish research at 1:30 (by which point I'd scribbled bits and peices of renaissance sculpture from memory, jotted snatches of "Khubla Kahn" in the margin and downloaded a decent portion of the hubble gallery) to go to Ceramics, which is generally a great fun workshop but does tend to drag on rather a lot, especially if I'm not using the throwing wheels. I did narrowly evade barium poisoning, but not in an incredibly exiting way.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.
- John Cage

GuitarFreak

Postby GuitarFreak » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:54 pm UTC

Bartimaeus wrote:High: Today was better than normal socially, and I went over an incredibly awesome [chess game!](http://www.monroi.com/wdc/ss/ss.php?sho ... e_id=57236)

Low: Nothing, really :)

@GuitarFreak-If I mentally transfer some of the awesome of my day to you will it help at all?

Probably not, but it's worth a shot :D
Bakemaster wrote:I went to high school with a girl whose middle name was Nguyen and whose last name was Huynh. It was a win-win situation.

L33tsaber

Postby L33tsaber » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:57 am UTC

Low: Trying to ride my bicycle in 40-degrees-Fahrenheit weather, with lots of wind, and no gloves.

Also low: Nearly falling asleep in physics. Again.

High: Beef brisket sandwich and sweet-potato chips at Skeeter Barnes for dinner.

Very, very high: Kenny G concert at the event center. That was the most fun I've had in a while.

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:03 am UTC

I'm good friends with his son. We blow stuff up together sometimes :twisted:
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Wolf

Postby Wolf » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:51 am UTC

High: Helped friend who's been homeless for about a month moved into another friend's new condo. (Agreed to by both parties, of course). He has a roof over his head now yay!

Low: Leaving for the night and scraping the bumper of my car on the way out of the parking lot. Considering I got this car (a Honda Fit Sport, which has an underbody kit on it) just about a month ago and have been trying to be very careful with it, it's kind of upsetting.

Less of a low: The scrape is on the bottom of the bumper and very hard to see unless you actually bend down right next to the bumper and look for it/underneath it. Doesn't mean I'm not still upset about it, but at least that's nice.
There's a method to my madness. Somewhere. Don't worry, I'll find it!

I'm learning game design! Watch my progress here: http://www.humming-rain.com

My friend wrote:You played fast and loose with punctuation and suffered the consequences.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:57 pm UTC

High point: I am as much in love with her today as I was yesterday. I keep worrying my feelings will vanish the minute I stop paying attention to them. They haven't. Yaaaaay!

Low point: Feel kind of shitty and sick, even though the cold is supposedly gone, and I will probably end up relying on caffeine to keep up my willpower and energies. Fffff. Also, have no idea how to confess my feelings to aforementioned lady. Boo.

Bartimaeus

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:21 pm UTC

Low Point: Got kicked out of my pathetic history class for asking for my teacher to site her source, which she considers disrespectful. This has happened before, so I had a "talking to" from the head of my high school, then the headmaster.

High Point: Being comforted by one of my close friends afterward, then getting Radiohead two new songs.

rubber314chicken

Postby rubber314chicken » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:27 pm UTC

Low: Someone sat next to me in calc. Don't get me wrong, I love social interaction. I love talking to people, but NOT in my calculus class, which is my favorite class. DON'T mess with my calculus. ANY other class is fine. But really, I'm not concerned with the barnstormers meetings in like 3 weeks as much as I am the calculus test I have tomorrow. Especially since I haven't been in class much the past week on account of the fact I GOT PNEUMONIA FROM A FREAKING MARCHING BAND REHEARSAL IN A FREAKING MONSOON. AND THE FIRST DOCTOR I SAW WAS TOO MORONIC TO CHECK FOR ANYTHING, AND SAID IT WAS VIRAL AND EVERYONE HAD IT. Grrrr.... Good thing I'm better now.

High: She took the seat that's next to mine instead of taking my seat. Which I suppose is a good thing. And I wasn't sick today, first time in over a week!!!!!!
Official Thread-Jacker

GuitarFreak

Postby GuitarFreak » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:28 pm UTC

High: I saw a squirrel get blown out of a tree by the insane winds here. It was quite funny.

No low as of yet, been a good day so far :D

rubber314chicken

Postby rubber314chicken » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:31 pm UTC

GuitarFreak wrote:High: I saw a squirrel get blown out of a tree by the insane winds here. It was quite funny.

OH MAN. That would have been awesome to see. A+ day.
Official Thread-Jacker

CJTnoir

Postby CJTnoir » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:56 pm UTC

Low: Waking up this morning.
High: 97 on my programming exam.
Lower: OH GOD TWELVE HOUR DAY.
Higher (not there yet, but I will be): Going to sleep tonight.
...that's awkward.

mightymouse1584

Postby mightymouse1584 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:18 pm UTC

High: my honey and peanut butter sandwich today was especially delicious
Low: getting hit on my bike by a car (luckily neither of us were going too fast, but it still hurt)

L33tsaber

Postby L33tsaber » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:26 am UTC

High: Nap

Low: Being, for the first time in the history of ever, unable to figure out how to write part of the code in today's CSIS130 lab activity without the professor's assistance. (Turns out he wanted us to put an if-else inside another if-else inside a switch... which wasn't in our notes.)

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:27 am UTC

Low: didn't fall asleep until about 6, which led to me being late for math class, missing most of what may be for me one of the most important lectures in the entire course. And not having time to shave.

High: took a girl I met recently to lunch, had fun sharing music and videos (transferring between laptop, iPod and PSP).

Just plain bizarre: managed to lose a memory card inside her laptop. It has a slot which clearly shows the SD and MMC logos, but there doesn't actually seem to be anything there... just a hole... we tried to stick a card in and it just slipped right in. O.o Had to shake it and pry it out with toothpicks.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

L33tsaber

Postby L33tsaber » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:14 am UTC

Low: I had a massive headache all day. (Well, at least now I know what happens when I forget my coffee for a couple days...)
Also low: Tried on toe-socks. They're a mite uncomfortable. My roommate has declared that I must wear them all day tomorrow.

High: Beef stew and biscuits.
Also high: Listening to the second Protomen album while walking to my only class of the day. Everything is more epic when listening to The Protomen.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:48 pm UTC

Low: Being way too procrasinatory.
High: Not giving a rats arse about anything bad that happening or recently happened and just being happy.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Plasma Man
Location: Northampton, Northampton, Northampton middle England.

Postby Plasma Man » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:14 pm UTC

Low: My trousers decided to split at the crotch when I tried to put them on this morning.
High: But an old pair that are a size smaller now fit! So I'm wearing those.
Low: Getting shouted at by a consultant for pointing out that they hadn't filled out a scan request properly (and I mean nowhere near properly. You couldn't see properly without a telescope).
Probable high: I'm going to my first Magic draft game this evening. I'm looking forward to it.
Please note that despite the lovely avatar Sungura gave me, I am not a medical doctor.

Possibly my proudest moment on the fora.

Samsoneffect

Postby Samsoneffect » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:52 am UTC

High: Got to meet the grade 9 math class I'm going to be teaching for a month.

Low: Sick. And one of my dogs is also sick and having fecal explosions.
Most people would post something witty, humourous, or perhaps offensive in their signature. Unfortunately, you won't find anything like this here.

Troy Martin

Postby Troy Martin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:21 am UTC

High: It's Friday evening and I have a three-day long weekend!
Low: My OS' FPU and SSE code keeps asploding into the vibrant colours of a general protection fault exception.
Howdy.

L33tsaber

Postby L33tsaber » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:54 am UTC

Low: The usual mind-numbing, soul-crushing boredom.

High: Dollhouse

Also high: Ordered a new tablet to replace my old Graphire2.

Also low: Said tablet won't arrive 'til the end of the month.

BigBoss

Postby BigBoss » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:02 am UTC

High: Managed to hold myself together during the funeral.

Low: It'll be a long time before I see my relatives again.

GuitarFreak

Postby GuitarFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:36 am UTC

Low: I just washed my phone...

High: I'm not at school this weekend thankfully, and I was going to be getting a new phone soon anyway.

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 am UTC

High: Got the Orange Box, played Half Life 2 until I got ripped to tiny bits by a strangely unfair pack of fast zombies in Ravenholm.

Low: Couldn't go to a movie with my friend. See "I shouldn't have to say this" thread.

rubber314chicken

Postby rubber314chicken » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:52 am UTC

High: Band show was really awesome. Percussion was awesome. Our timing on playing cadences was awesome.

Low: The bus ride freaking sucked. Partly because the seating arrangement sucked a lot (think this) and partly because I pulled a muscle in my neck and it hurts to turn it to the right now. Also because it consisted of me watching traffic, telling a freshman to stop talking to our friend who was with his girlfriend (which was getting really awkward and he was totally creeping on them and staring and stuff), and talking with the girl from this post:

Spoiler:
rubber314chicken wrote:Low: Someone sat next to me in calc. Don't get me wrong, I love social interaction. I love talking to people, but NOT in my calculus class, which is my favorite class. DON'T mess with my calculus. ANY other class is fine. But really, I'm not concerned with the barnstormers meetings in like 3 weeks as much as I am the calculus test I have tomorrow. Especially since I haven't been in class much the past week on account of the fact I GOT PNEUMONIA FROM A FREAKING MARCHING BAND REHEARSAL IN A FREAKING MONSOON. AND THE FIRST DOCTOR I SAW WAS TOO MORONIC TO CHECK FOR ANYTHING, AND SAID IT WAS VIRAL AND EVERYONE HAD IT. Grrrr.... Good thing I'm better now.

High: She took the seat that's next to mine instead of taking my seat. Which I suppose is a good thing. And I wasn't sick today, first time in over a week!!!!!!
Official Thread-Jacker

L33tsaber

Postby L33tsaber » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:47 am UTC

High: Cleaned my half of the room.

Low: Realized my "half" of the room is actually more like a quarter.

Also low: My coffee today smelled like a dry-erase marker.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:54 am UTC

Yesterday, high: The day before, I asked her if she'd like to watch a movie with me. It was a DVD I had at home so I'd have to bring it the next day and play it on a laptop. She agreed.
We had a bit of trouble finding a place to sit (one place had no free outlet, the next one didn't work), and finally settled for the cafeteria. But it's so noisy in there, hard to enjoy a movie. So she had the crazy idea of checking if a certain classroom just happened to be empty and unlocked... and it was. :D The room was almost perfect, too: it had a TV and DVD player in the front, and skylight in the back (so it was dark enough to see the screen well, but not dark enough to be "dark", and no glare), and was completely quiet and private. Only thing it lacked was a couch. :P

Low: A few hours later the school had a Thanksgiving pot luck where we and some of her friends ate together. They all seemed far too impressed by this creepy guy because of all the great things he claimed he had/could do. He was clearly lying about many of them (couldn't do any of the things he was asked to demonstrate, and no fucking way he has 3 cars), but still ended up giving them all a ride home. I couldn't even do anything about that because I don't have a car myself.
So not only do I get to be annoyed at this jerk threatening to come between us, but the look in his eye (not to mention the places it kept ending up) and the way he kept making shit up made it clear to me he's a pervert, so I get to be concerned for the lot of them as well. Fun.

Today, high: I reorganized the room. It looks awesome.

Low: I wanted to watch a DVD while my computer spent all day restoring backups to a reinstalled OS, and the only DVD player available was an Xbox. I can't find the damn controller anywhere so was unable to start the movie.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Return to “General”