High and low point of your day

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Re: High and low point of your day

Postby tin » Wed May 07, 2008 11:22 am UTC

High: Hearing my friend speaking to George Lamb on BBC 6 music radio, as today's show is dedicated to her. SHABBA!
Low: Being told off for basically not doing enough work. I'm doing interesting stuff, but I can't seem to get motivated. GAAAAFUCKETYFUCKFUCKKDFJSKFK.
i dare you to take me on...

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Wed May 07, 2008 11:40 am UTC

It appears that as you were describing your low point, you stubbed your toe. That'll teach you to walk around with no shoes in darkness and type at the same time.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Wed May 07, 2008 12:19 pm UTC

If walking around in the dark with no shoes on, typing at the same time is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Well, it was more of a frustrated burst at how much i'm fucking things up really.

micco

Postby micco » Wed May 07, 2008 1:20 pm UTC

Low: Waking up at 6, adn noticing somebody has plugged the toilet with shit. And the smell was horrible. Really, really, horrible.

High: Taking a cold shower after work. Refreshing.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Wed May 07, 2008 3:24 pm UTC

High: Going to the playground in the park with a bunch of people at lunchtime and screwing about with... some spinny thing. It wasn't a roundabout, it was like a ring with a thin frame underneath it set at an angle that span. Standing, sitting, spinning, falling off. It was all good.

Low: Oh god the HEAT! It's so hot.

vqcg

Postby vqcg » Wed May 07, 2008 4:43 pm UTC

low: three HelpDesk calls in quick succession, also, being on HelpDesk in general.
high: ice cream van! sneakily leaving HelpDesk unattended to eat an ice lolly outside with some of the developers & service desk guys :)
vqcg :: 19/female/bisexual/British

Tautology

Postby Tautology » Wed May 07, 2008 5:48 pm UTC

Low point: Spending the majority of the day curled up into a little ball of feminine pain while trying to solve differential equations in the library.

High point: Scaring male friends by shouting about ovaries.

Extra high point: I finally beat Through the Fire and Flames on Expert! Thank frig for that.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Wed May 07, 2008 6:11 pm UTC

High Point: Turning in my last Term Paper of the semester and realizing I'm done until next semester!

Low Point: Turning in my last term paper and realizing that if I there's anything wrong with it it's stuck that way.

Secondary High Point: Going back home to Austin for a few weeks before summer semester

Secondary Low Point: Realizing there isn't possibly enough time to clean up my apartment from the weeks of abuse it's been through for finals week before it's time to get on the plane

Tertiary High Point: Realizing since it can't be done, I don't have to care about it

Tertiary Low point: Realizing that my Mom will be coming up when I return for summer semester, and my apartment will look like New York when the Cloverfield Monster was done with it.

Quaternary High Point: Making that Cloverfield Reference

Quaternary Low point: Realizing how Accurate it is

Quinary High Point: Laughing at just about every webcomic today because I'm gidddy from being done with school

Quinary Low Point: Realizing that when I get home my allergies will likely quintuple as I am much more allergic to Austin than Dallas

Senary High Point: getting to use Quaternary, Quinary and Senary.

Senary Low point: none (yet)

Never have I had so many high's and lows in a single week, let alone a single post.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

PhantomReality

Postby PhantomReality » Wed May 07, 2008 6:41 pm UTC

Low point: This freaking global class. Terrible, just terrible. Presentations on Non-Government charity organizations...I just DON'T CARE. This chick presenting drives me insane too grah annnoying.

High point: Well shit I haven't had one yet but walking outside into 70* perfect weather was pretty damn nice...even if it was 1:00 PM by the time I walked outside.
DROP ACID NOT BOMBS.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Wed May 07, 2008 6:57 pm UTC

Low point: medicine designed for human consumption can actually give the same effect as swallowing a tiny hot coal, then dancing an upbeat Irish jig as it nestles in the tummy area, before having an invisible pair of hands slowly wring the entire stomach organ and surrounding tissue like a wet sponge.

High point: Being doubled over in pain allowed me to find an old Rubik's Cube under my desk.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Wed May 07, 2008 7:16 pm UTC

EdgarJPublius wrote:Quinary Quintessential High Point: Laughing at just about every webcomic today because I'm gidddy from being done with school

Quinary Quintessential Low Point: Realizing that when I get home my allergies will likely quintuple as I am much more allergic to Austin than Dallas

Fix'd [/obscure HHGttG reference]

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm UTC

Low: I was feeling down today, after a crappy day yesterday and some really stupid calls.
high: got a second interview lined up for a job I want, and I spend 25 minutes talking to one of the really awesome people who calls us at the hotline (it's great when you start to get to know people). Really brought my spirits up.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

LittleChrist

Postby LittleChrist » Thu May 08, 2008 2:58 am UTC

high: summer weather has come again!
low: finals week. -f#*k I never actually learned shit.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~ Theodor Seuss Geisel

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Thu May 08, 2008 6:00 am UTC

Senary Low for today (well, yesterday at this point, and really this displaces all other lows on the list): Finding out a friend of mine committed suicide. I expect the low for some other day in the future will be me actually believing it happened.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

ducknerd

Postby ducknerd » Thu May 08, 2008 6:08 am UTC

High: I never opened my locker once at school today. Spring is here.
Low: the AP Calc exam took FIVE HOURS, thanks to our proctor's compulsive need to say her sentences in pairs, with every other sentence being a synonym of its partner.
High: MrOrange's adorable little fluffy bunnies! I pretty much imploded from all the cute while playing with them. He is now quite rightly discouraging me from ever having children.
Low: A strange obsession with depressing subjects keeps arising...
17/Male/Hetero/Euromutt

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Thu May 08, 2008 11:25 am UTC

Low:Waking up and realising i have to get to work soon.
High: Turning my head to the left and realising I'm not alone in bed. <3
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Kixo
iBoy

Postby Kixo » Thu May 08, 2008 11:44 am UTC

High Point: Spending another day with my girlfriend <3

Low Point: Coming home and realising that she isn't a hands length away :(
<3 Jmrz

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Thu May 08, 2008 12:06 pm UTC

High Point: Most of my tutorial class hating me (and my group) for making our questions so much harder than everyone else.

Low Point: My tutor not making them actually solve them all...

Rodan
Any title.

Postby Rodan » Fri May 09, 2008 1:56 am UTC

High: watching The Prestige. It's an awesome movie.

Low: Sport-fight. Exactly the reason I hate sport.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 am UTC

High: Boyfriend. I have never, ever been happier in my entire life (so far!) than I was today. :D
Low: not applicable!
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Neris

Postby Neris » Fri May 09, 2008 2:59 am UTC

High: Cuddling with Monty, swedish pancakes for breakfast, watching five episodes of Dexter, eating awesome Filipino food for breakfast, hanging out by the pool with my sister and finally getting my contact lenses.

Low: Our a/c broke. Its hot as hell.
"My God, man! Do they want tea?"
"No, I think they're after something more than that, sir. I don't know what it is, but they've brought a flag."

ducknerd

Postby ducknerd » Fri May 09, 2008 3:27 am UTC

High: $11,000 scholarship for my hippie school!
Low: My friend looked like he was gonna die today. Hopefully he hasn't.
High: Philosophical insight!
Low: My grandmother also looked like she was gonna die today, and this time really.
High: School is almost over!
Low: It isn't yet, and I'm busier now than ever (which do I slack on tonight: history or composition?)

It's been a relatively active day.
17/Male/Hetero/Euromutt

Cooley

Postby Cooley » Fri May 09, 2008 4:35 am UTC

Low1: My girlfriend treated me like a five year old. She's always doing this... it bugs.
High1: I love the art project we're working on now.
Low2: Due to A.P. testing, we do almost nothing in class (except Art), which is wasting my time.
Low3: Driving sucks
High2: Hoping to make money from the ads on my blog...
Low4: It's a pipe dream, it'll never work.
Low5: Need thousands of monies for college...

Earl Grey

Postby Earl Grey » Fri May 09, 2008 7:06 am UTC

High: Ended up frittering away most of my day off playing EVE-Online, dropping two MS, and having a ton of fun with the guys.

Low: I got so distracted having fun today, I completely forgot to check these forums, and now that I have to sleep for work first thing in the morning, I can't fully read or respond to the awesome posts I browsed through when I just *had* to come check. Argh! Hopefully tomorrow night will remedy this.

Shiny, shiny people.
"You're human, which is sort of like an ape that builds airplanes and gets depressed over stupid shit."

~Tac-Tics

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Fri May 09, 2008 9:21 am UTC

High: This weekend. My best friend and her beau are visiting me, it will be hot so I can FINALLY wear me some pretty summer dresses, and we're having a BBQ. Oh yeah..and COCKTAILS. POSSIBLY WATERFIGHTS.
Low: I'm still in work.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Fri May 09, 2008 11:19 am UTC

high: not having to get up at 6, but being able to lie in till *gasp* 8.30. Hurrah!
Low: one of my best friends is moving 550 miles away to start a new job, he has just said goodbye :cry:

Neuman

Postby Neuman » Fri May 09, 2008 5:55 pm UTC

SPECIAL END OF TERM EDITION*

High: I managed to sell back almost half my books!
Low: I still have more than half my books.

*Yes, I feel caps lock was necessary.
Hello. I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is: No.

Cooley

Postby Cooley » Sat May 10, 2008 3:07 am UTC

High: Filed my FAFSA today! Only 2 months late, but still on time!
Low: Wasting my time at high school. The only reason to go really was to take a Physics quiz.
Even lower Low: Watched Meet the Parents in one of my classes, and it scared the shit out of me.

Ribbon

Postby Ribbon » Sat May 10, 2008 3:12 am UTC

Low: The AP US History exam with essay questions I had no background knowledge for.
High: The pizza provided afterwards and my 4 hour nap in the middle of the day.

Cooley

Postby Cooley » Sat May 10, 2008 3:15 am UTC

Ribbon wrote:Low: The AP US History exam with essay questions I had no background knowledge for.

How was that? I took it last year, and the question was about farmers. We never talked about those at all...

Is it legal for you to tell me the topics yet?

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Sat May 10, 2008 3:20 am UTC

High: Getting to have a really romantic dinner at a local restaurant where I can only describe the food as a religious experience - For FREE :D

Low: Having to haul loads and loads of cardboard and trash out of my store to the compactors because none of my employees ever take out the trash, and while lifting the lid on one of the dumpsters having my finger land in some kind of goopy "yuck" (only way I know how to describe it)

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sat May 10, 2008 3:22 am UTC

High: surviving until the weekend.

Low: realizing I'm not doing anything fun for the weekend.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Ribbon

Postby Ribbon » Sat May 10, 2008 3:24 am UTC

Cooley wrote:
Ribbon wrote:Low: The AP US History exam with essay questions I had no background knowledge for.

How was that? I took it last year, and the question was about farmers. We never talked about those at all...

No, it's not legal actually, but of course, no one really cares about that. The DBQ was on Vietnam, I knew enough information to write a good essay for that, oddly a teacher who had visited our class and given us a review session said he was almost sure that would be the topic, and the the other essays were on "new market" and "New South" of which I knew little about. But I can hope for a good score!

Socal Swimmer

Postby Socal Swimmer » Sat May 10, 2008 4:34 am UTC

Ribbon wrote:
Cooley wrote:

No, it's not legal actually, but of course, no one really cares about that. The DBQ was on Vietnam, I knew enough information to write a good essay for that, oddly a teacher who had visited our class and given us a review session said he was almost sure that would be the topic, and the the other essays were on "new market" and "New South" of which I knew little about. But I can hope for a good score!

Haha i knew absolutely nothing about Vietnam. I never read those chapters (or did those outlines, or payed attention in/went to class those days, or reviewed those sections in my review book). I owned the mutliple choice though! and my two FRQs (the same ones you did) were good.

hurray for score invalidation!

question 75:
What were the two biggest groups of immigrants between 1975 and 2000?

on second thought, I don't ever want to think about that damn test again.

EVER.

high: owning at League (city) championships for high school swim. I (we for relays) won all four of my (our) races, and I broke a league record, and my relay broke another league record.

not that any of you care.

low: AP test for United Stupid History.
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.

I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sun May 11, 2008 6:17 am UTC

AP US History... Sorry, guys, that sucks.

I took the class for Dual Enrollment credit so I didn't need to take the test. :P

High: dancing with a girl I secretly like.

Low: knowing that tomorrow I'll have to do my homework. Jebus!
多么现在棕色母牛?

ducknerd

Postby ducknerd » Mon May 12, 2008 1:11 am UTC

Heh, I rocked that DBQ. Two pages, single-spaced, in like 45 minutes, and ordinarily I'm terrible with timed essays. The other essays were bitches, though. Aaaaaaaand I know for a fact mrorange hasn't taken that exam yet, so he gets to cheat here! Yay score invalidation indeed.

High: Driving around. Also, last night a theater group I'm in did an awesome revue including a man dressing as a super-upper-class guy and developing what he called "bourgois rap", a mix of anti-gangster-rap and tap-dancing. Hilarity ensued.

Low: I have spent like 6 hours on these damned poems, and they're still lousy. Bah. Also, No Exit is a very depressing play.
17/Male/Hetero/Euromutt

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon May 12, 2008 1:23 am UTC

Lows: Work at 6, room-cleaning, final tomorrow.
Highs: Tips from work, my room looks great, and I studied for 15 minutes then had dinner with boy. 8)
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Cooley

Postby Cooley » Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am UTC

High: Dinner. Although I haven't had it yet, it smells delicious, and I can't wait! :D
Low: Getting stuck for 90 min at a Catholic mass. The last half-hour just felt so... protestant!

(jk, not anti protestant or anything. My religion should be obvious, but I was raised Catholic.)

stigmatizethis

Postby stigmatizethis » Mon May 12, 2008 2:12 am UTC

High - Going to mothers day brunch with my immediate family
Low - Continuing to live a very depressing life
GENERATION 1-i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Mon May 12, 2008 1:45 pm UTC

high: it's sunny, and we're having a barbecue at the beach tonight
low: I broke my toe this morning.

Return to “General”