Making the world a weirder place

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

kinigget

Re: Making the world a weirder place

Postby kinigget » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:42 pm UTC

all I can think of is some sort of warning message to the world, I leave the specifics to you. (read: I can't come up with anything so I'm being lazy)
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:17 pm UTC

Just a simple "Help"
Ⓞⓞ◯

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:34 pm UTC

Just make a faceprint.

EDIT: Yes, with your actual face.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:37 am UTC

Mercat wrote:There's cement drying outside my engineering building. What should I write in it?
Engineering building at uni? How about various engineering formulae, with mistakes in.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:39 am UTC

My favourite phrase to write in places like that is "<made-up name> was NOT here". But in cement you may not have much room or time to write without being noticed, so I might just go for "PIE!" or similar.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Mercat

Postby Mercat » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:25 am UTC

Well I think my opportunity has run out for this particular piece of cement, but I think they will be laying some more soon, and hopefully by then I will have come up with an appropriate phrase.

Good ideas though, I like them... :D
HEEEEAAAAATHUUUUUUUS

If you need to get a hold of me I'd recomment just PMing me, as I come and go in phases, it seems.

semper ubi sub ubi

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:31 am UTC

"Runner Up - Concrete Slab of the Year, <Insert Year>"

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:27 am UTC

Whatever that symbol in your avatar would be good.

DrProfessorPhD

Postby DrProfessorPhD » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:54 am UTC

Warn about zombies, of course.
I am probably a swordfighting octopus. In case you can't tell.

Mercat

Postby Mercat » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:05 am UTC

|Erasmus| wrote:"Runner Up - Concrete Slab of the Year, <Insert Year>"

Ooh, I like that one.
HEEEEAAAAATHUUUUUUUS

If you need to get a hold of me I'd recomment just PMing me, as I come and go in phases, it seems.

semper ubi sub ubi

4=5

Postby 4=5 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:20 am UTC

pi=3

0.9999_ =1

a plane on a treadmill of matching speed. can it take off?

olivery2k

Postby olivery2k » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:58 am UTC

4=5 wrote:a plane on a treadmill of matching speed. can it take off?

Yes!

Mercat wrote:There's cement drying outside my engineering building. What should I write in it?

"The cake is a lie!" .... but that might have gotten old by now.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:04 am UTC

Random832 wrote:
benjhuey wrote:
Spoiler:
wst wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:
Mother Superior wrote:
existential_elevator wrote:
Mother Superior wrote:
...are you implying EE and I had sex?
I think he's suggesting we're related.
Does the one exclude the other?
I am from Kentucky....So no. No it does not.
The banjo dude was inbred anyway, kinda proves it by example.
If there's going to be such a fuss over that analogy, then may I ask who was Master Chief and who was Arbiter?
...are you implying the Master Chief and the Arbiter had sex?

I didn't want to*, but that seems to be where it landed.

* I was, in fact, trying to get away from the notion with a different analogy of Mother Superior's "Dual Mode" with existential_elevator. I see now how well that turned out.
多么现在棕色母牛?

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:11 pm UTC

olivery2k wrote:
4=5 wrote:a plane on a treadmill of matching speed. can it take off?

Yes!

For certain values of plane and treadmill only
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

ashadocat

Postby ashadocat » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:35 pm UTC

well, this happened to my father not me but... got a long distance call from someone he didn't know, looked up the phone number, found the person who owns the number, messaged them on facebook asking if they called.
???
profit
I'm only doing this for my post count.

RedWolf

Postby RedWolf » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:38 am UTC

My grandma carried on a conversation for over an hour with someone who actually called the wrong number once.

JimmyB

Postby JimmyB » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:40 pm UTC

Number3Pencils wrote:I refer to cell phones as cellulars. And I occasionally use phrases that aren't quite normal, but are fairly close - most of which I took from Homestar Runner and his buddies, who are the absolute masters at coining phrases that sound like they're in current use, but are actually something inexplicable. "Swedish deals!".

This reminds me of the way my Dad always used to come out with these great mixed metaphors, which made no sense at all. Like "Never cross your bridges before they're hatched."
Spoiler:
Ha! Gotcha! Now click my links!

http://destinydecieved.wordpress.com - A fantasy/humour/parody serial type thing by the best writer I have ever been.

http://www.moose42.co.uk - Roaming mooses, and a photoblog.

singlefin

Postby singlefin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:00 pm UTC

JimmyB wrote:This reminds me of the way my Dad always used to come out with these great mixed metaphors, which made no sense at all. Like "Never cross your bridges before they're hatched."

My personal favourite is "I'll burn that bridge when I get to it."

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:05 pm UTC

benjhuey wrote:* I was, in fact, trying to get away from the notion with a different analogy of Mother Superior's "Dual Mode" with existential_elevator. I see now how well that turned out.
Look, sooner or later you're going to have to realise that you cannot mention us both in the same context without implying some sex may have happened. We all have to live with that.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:26 pm UTC

yesterday was interesting. At one point I ended up getting a Manicure and Pedicure while wearing torn pants, my fedora, and a beatles shirt. Much later I ended up in a safeway at midnight in the same clothes only wet. It's a long story and I'm still not sure which thread to post it in.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:34 pm UTC

kinigget wrote:yesterday was interesting. At one point I ended up getting a Manicure and Pedicure while wearing torn pants, my fedora, and a beatles shirt. Much later I ended up in a safeway at midnight in the same clothes only wet. It's a long story and I'm still not sure which thread to post it in.

All of them!
Ⓞⓞ◯

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

singlefin wrote:
JimmyB wrote:This reminds me of the way my Dad always used to come out with these great mixed metaphors, which made no sense at all. Like "Never cross your bridges before they're hatched."

My personal favourite is "I'll burn that bridge when I get to it."
i always say "i'll jump off that bridge when i get to it". one every ten or so times i say it, someone nods sagely and then does a double take, hitting me with a "wait, what??" never fails to make me giggle... i'm also a fan of "where there's a will, there's a beneficiary" but i don't get to use it as often...
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

RedWolf

Postby RedWolf » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:23 pm UTC

I like the phrase "Well I'm gonna make like a banana and leaf" :D

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:20 am UTC

One that I got from a school drama night production was "Let's make like a tree and blow this popsicle stand!"
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Mercat

Postby Mercat » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:50 am UTC

Not a mixed-metaphor, but unusual enough I laughed every time my friend used it: Let's make like a baby and head out.
HEEEEAAAAATHUUUUUUUS

semper ubi sub ubi

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:51 am UTC

Or, "don't look at me in that tone of voice!"
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Sasha

Postby Sasha » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:54 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:Not my doing, but
Spoiler:
was an interesting moment walking back from the store.

Holy crap. A fellow Arizonian, even one that is near enough to me to get the Daily Sun. What city do you live in, just wondering?
Flagstaff here.
Marbas wrote:I'll usually jump from one strange thought to the next, such gems as: "I wonder if bears get depressed", "I think the sun is unnecessarily smug" and so on.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:06 am UTC

kinigget wrote:yesterday was interesting. At one point I ended up getting a Manicure and Pedicure while wearing torn pants, my fedora, and a beatles shirt. Much later I ended up in a safeway at midnight in the same clothes only wet. It's a long story and I'm still not sure which thread to post it in.

I have decided to finish my story here. After all I started it here.

Now I am helping my family move into a new apartment, this apartment currently is flea infested, and so, consequently are our cat and dog. Exposition over, now we begin.

Yesterday morning we all woke up at about 7:00 a.m. and had breakfast and such at the apartment. We then left, taking all the animals with us and putting everything edible away because the exterminator was supposed to come and flea-bomb our apartment. So we get to the old house and incarcerate the animals in bathrooms so as not to infest that house with fleas as well. We do some packing. We leave to go get lunch, nails done, and me a haircut. I have already mentioned what I was wearing so this is not necessary to repeat. I slowly became aware that my mom had decided that I needed a manicure and pedicure. So me, my sister, and my mom all end up getting pedicures and I end up getting a manicure. An interesting experience that I'm still not sure what I think of. Anyway, we end up staying at the nail place for about an hour and a half longer than we intended. Then I go next door and get a haircut, well, more like a "cut the bangs off and get the hair out of the ears". The whole deal has taken so long that we end up having to take my sister to choir practice immediately. This is a choir I was in until I got too old, and there are still some people in it who remember me. I meet an old friend there who invites me to practice with the group I used to be in. Naturally I accept. I happily discovered that the group is practicing two songs that I have done before and one song that is quite simply brilliant. I also discover that absolutely nothing has changed about the group since I left, and this is a good thing. We head home from practice, we get to the apartment and discover that the exterminator has not come and our apartment has not been flea-bombed. We go back to the old house to pick up the animals. My sister gets really unhappy about how badly the cat is infested with fleas, so we give both animals flea-baths. Only, the flea shampoo we used has to be left in for five minutes, and our dog is a big dog. I end up having to rinse off both animals, getting my pants and parts of my shirt soaked because I did this by giving them showers while in the shower myself, in my clothes (what? I didn't feel like getting undressed!). We realize that we haven't had dinner, and by this time it's after midnight, and go, still wet, to safeway. where I pick up some corned beef hash. When we get back to the apartment, we discover that not only do we not have a can opener, we have nothing that can be feasibly used as a can opener. I end up stealing some of my mom's chicken. We finish eating, and go to bed. It is 2:00 a.m.

That was my day. And now it is 2:00 a.m. again and time for me to go to bed.

fr4ncium

Postby fr4ncium » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:59 am UTC

Not exactly "weirder," but one of my college friends pretends to run into a staircase pillar and falls over in the basement level of the engineering building whenever he's there in the evening and there are lots of study groups. Then he gets up, acting very dazed, and stumbles up the staircase.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:28 pm UTC

Wombat wrote:
cephalopod9 wrote:Not my doing, but
Spoiler:
was an interesting moment walking back from the store.

Holy crap. A fellow Arizonian, even one that is near enough to me to get the Daily Sun. What city do you live in, just wondering?
Flagstaff here.

Heh, I'm going to NAU. That was in the Safeway (Bed, Bath and Beyond, Petco etc.) shopping center by campus.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:58 am UTC

ConMan wrote:One that I got from a school drama night production was "Let's make like a tree and blow this popsicle stand!"
I enjoy "make like a tree and go away" myself. It's not supposed to make sense, but I guess you could say it has to do with global warming or something.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Mercat

Postby Mercat » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:25 am UTC

Today I caught myself saying "that's a whole other bag of kittens" (instead of "a whole other situation") and "not for an age and a half and fifty years" (I normally say "not for an age and a half"). I dunno, I thought they were fun and they surprised even me coming out of my own mouth. So unexpected phrases, truthfully.
HEEEEAAAAATHUUUUUUUS

semper ubi sub ubi

Actaeus

Postby Actaeus » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:00 pm UTC

kinigget wrote:I have decided to finish my story here. After all I started it here.

Now I am helping my family move into a new apartment, this apartment currently is flea infested, and so, consequently are our cat and dog. Exposition over, now we begin.

Yesterday morning we all woke up at about 7:00 a.m. and had breakfast and such at the apartment. We then left, taking all the animals with us and putting everything edible away because the exterminator was supposed to come and flea-bomb our apartment. So we get to the old house and incarcerate the animals in bathrooms so as not to infest that house with fleas as well. We do some packing. We leave to go get lunch, nails done, and me a haircut. I have already mentioned what I was wearing so this is not necessary to repeat. I slowly became aware that my mom had decided that I needed a manicure and pedicure. So me, my sister, and my mom all end up getting pedicures and I end up getting a manicure. An interesting experience that I'm still not sure what I think of. Anyway, we end up staying at the nail place for about an hour and a half longer than we intended. Then I go next door and get a haircut, well, more like a "cut the bangs off and get the hair out of the ears". The whole deal has taken so long that we end up having to take my sister to choir practice immediately, and my mom got scared and said you're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said "Fresh", and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought man forget it yo homes to Bel-Air. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie 'yo homes smell ya later' Looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air

Fix'd.

Marbas

Postby Marbas » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:41 pm UTC

Fix'd.

That joke is more outdated than a chamber pot.
Jahoclave wrote:Do you have any idea how much more fun the holocaust is with "Git er Done" as the catch phrase?

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:17 pm UTC

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - 1996

Chamberpots - 19th Century

I hereby call bullshit.

Carnildo

Postby Carnildo » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

Chamberpots are still useful.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:28 am UTC

They make great hats for people who don't know what they are. :D

Eruantale

Postby Eruantale » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:16 am UTC

I have a cloak for a winter coat, wore a plaid hat to a formal Christmas party and try to communicate in semaphore signaling. It fails. I know people who are much better at being weird (e.g. the guys in my philosophy class who made pancakes, eggs and bacon during the lecture).
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

http://www.yessy.com/ladycarmen

Mercat

Postby Mercat » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:03 am UTC

Haha, how did they pull that off in lecture?
HEEEEAAAAATHUUUUUUUS

semper ubi sub ubi

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:05 am UTC

Hotplate?

Return to “General”