Making the world a weirder place

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Re: Making the world a weirder place

Postby bbctol » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:10 am UTC

DaMullet wrote:At some unspecified point in my past, I inherited a green and green pinstripe suit, such that when I wear it, I resemble a watermelon.

You wear it with a red shirt with black buttons, I presume.

sand

Postby sand » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:01 am UTC

i was trying to think of something weird to write about, and then i looked up and saw a blue tongue lizard in my living room - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:East ... lizard.jpg

I wore a suit to school (year 12) for a couple of weeks before reverting to my usual shorts, t-shirt and trenchcoat with slippers or just bare-foot.

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:05 am UTC

I think there's a conspiracy going on here. There was a blue-tongued lizard in our front yard a couple of hours ago, and our next door neighbour has seen one recently as well.

Sign of the impending lizard invasion?

Verator

Postby Verator » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:09 am UTC

sand wrote:i was trying to think of something weird to write about, and then i looked up and saw a blue tongue lizard in my living room - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:East ... lizard.jpg

I wore a suit to school (year 12) for a couple of weeks before reverting to my usual shorts, t-shirt and trenchcoat with slippers or just bare-foot.

You have lizards randomly appear in your house!?!?!?! DO WANT!!!! :cry:
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Tisiphone

Postby Tisiphone » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:18 am UTC

I always put the toilet seat up after I use the facilities (I'm a girl), especially since I live in an all-girls dorm this really freaks the girls here out. They are convinced a guy might see them washing their hands or something (gasp!).
I'd love to have your cake and eat it too.

sand

Postby sand » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:21 am UTC

Hawknc wrote:I think there's a conspiracy going on here. There was a blue-tongued lizard in our front yard a couple of hours ago, and our next door neighbour has seen one recently as well.

Sign of the impending lizard invasion?

do raptors eat lesser lizards? If they do, it could be a sign that the raptor population is lower in Australia.

sand

Postby sand » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:45 am UTC

Verator wrote:You have lizards randomly appear in your house!?!?!?! DO WANT!!!! :cry:

Well if you leave the door open long enough something interesting will eventually arrive.

Habanero

Postby Habanero » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:02 am UTC

Hawknc wrote:Sign of the impending lizard invasion?
They may only be scouts for the Raptors. Keep a sharp eye out.
Why make things difficult when it is possible to make them cryptic and totally illogical with just a little bit more effort?

Puzzlemaker

Postby Puzzlemaker » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:50 pm UTC

I have walked up to random people, saying things like, "Greetings mortal, how are you on this fine day!?"
RezardVareth wrote:Bad argumentation can be painful to answer, but responding with empty logic just perpetuates the cycle.

TiberiusM

Postby TiberiusM » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:49 pm UTC

Tisiphone wrote:I always put the toilet seat up after I use the facilities (I'm a girl), especially since I live in an all-girls dorm this really freaks the girls here out. They are convinced a guy might see them washing their hands or something (gasp!).

The women in my dorm had a double standard for that sort of thing. They would use the mens room whenever the hell they pleased for whatever they needed to do (shower, stall, sink, mirror for makeup, whatever) no matter how many guys were in there in various states of undress, but the guys were never allowed to enter a ladies room without getting a dirty look or being told to leave.

DaMullet

Postby DaMullet » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:57 pm UTC

bbctol wrote:You wear it with a red shirt with black buttons, I presume.

But of course. However, that isn't the point. The point is, it wasn't purchased for me, or even found and given. It used to be my father's, and at some point long ago, it found itself in my closet.

Also, my "Y" key is acting strange... You never notice how often you type a letter until it stops working. (All "Y"s in this post were copied from a previous document with a Y in it)
Will wrote:Andrew Jackson was all kinds of badass.

SecondTalon wrote:Out in the wasteland
Driving cars of rusted steel
oh, look. Burma Shave.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:HACKS ARE STING OUR SYLLES AND SING THEM TO TERRISTS!

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:48 pm UTC

TiberiusM wrote:
Tisiphone wrote:I always put the toilet seat up after I use the facilities (I'm a girl), especially since I live in an all-girls dorm this really freaks the girls here out. They are convinced a guy might see them washing their hands or something (gasp!).

The women in my dorm had a double standard for that sort of thing. They would use the mens room whenever the hell they pleased for whatever they needed to do (shower, stall, sink, mirror for makeup, whatever) no matter how many guys were in there in various states of undress, but the guys were never allowed to enter a ladies room without getting a dirty look or being told to leave.

And the guys were complaining about this?

thisisdavid

Postby thisisdavid » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:38 am UTC

lecture hall musical:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3SwhzFsuvQc

library musical:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-mUyvaPtsJw

some extremely funny and weird stuff.
Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. That is to say, it can be done, but the frog tends to die in the process.
-E.B. White

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby b.i.o » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:49 pm UTC

DaMullet wrote:
bbctol wrote:You wear it with a red shirt with black buttons, I presume.

But of course. However, that isn't the point. The point is, it wasn't purchased for me, or even found and given. It used to be my father's, and at some point long ago, it found itself in my closet.

Also, my "Y" key is acting strange... You never notice how often you type a letter until it stops working. (All "Y"s in this post were copied from a previous document with a Y in it)

That reminds me, I had a friend who I met playing WoW (yes, yes, I know...) who had spilled beer on his keyboard and he had 5-6 letters that didn't work anymore (it was an old laptop KB, and he couldn't replace it). I usually ended up translating for him whenever he needed to talk to people who didn't know his keyboard was broken. [/offtopicness]

Benny the Bear

Postby Benny the Bear » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:14 am UTC

sand wrote:i was trying to think of something weird to write about, and then i looked up and saw a blue tongue lizard in my living room - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:East ... lizard.jpg

Oh my god, you just reminded me of a child hood memory. Lizard, in our computer room (room at home where all computers were stored), had to be chased out by my brother (9 at the time) and my dad, whom I thought were the invincible Batman and Robin at the time.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:21 am UTC

haven't done anything too awesome myself, but one of my favourites is the "brick of the year awards"... at UTS there are random bricks around the place engraved with brick of the year, runner up and nominees for certain years.

I also like the road sign of a kangaroo which was modified to look like it was skiing (really well done too). This was obviously near the skifields.

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:14 pm UTC

A good friend of mine changed the name of the highway through Hartford from "YANKEE EXPRESSWAY" to "WANKER EXPRESSWAY". Even better he managed to get his hands on some reflective vinyl of the same color as the sign, so until you got really close it looked like a normal highway sign.
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

Hoags

Postby Hoags » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:57 pm UTC

I'm not sure if this counts as making the world weirder, but there's this guy in my year who hates me. He hates me with the fire of a thousand suns, which I don't understand, as I see him maybe once every two weeks, and I've never actually talked to, or about him to anyone. So today, I sat down next to him. I didn't say anything, or make eye contact, I just sat there in silence with some food. I could feel the guy glaring at my neck (Maybe he's a vampire?) until he eventually got up and walked off.

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:29 pm UTC

And I just posted about my weirdest exploits in the "I'm so nerdy..." thread... Shame, this is such a better fit.

Spoiler:
In a state of sleep deprievation, my friends and I put Mario onto a window in residence with post-it notes... The window was 6 stories up, secluded, and overlooked the busiest part of campus we could manage. There was a set of stairs below it, I needed to sit on my (now) boyfriend's shoulders to put up a Goomba.

(Actually, my boyfriend is behind me spotting in this one... I was on his shoulder's later on.)

It stayed up for most of the summer because the Residence manager thought it was too cool to take down.

The next year, maybe two years later (I can't remember, University is already becoming a haze and I'm still here), pretty much the same friends and I decided to have a lightsaber battle in the front driveway. It was the raining middle of February, in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. We were in t-shirts.

I've also done numerous anime cosplays. This year, we managed to get a huge Zelda: OoT group together. I think I've already picture spammed enough for one post.
~Kat

mrorange
Something from Reservoir Dogs, perhaps?

Postby mrorange » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:09 pm UTC

ive deffinitly done the suit thing as i have far too much fancy clothes that i dont wear often enough. (i have four suits) because a) they look snappy b) people compliment you on them c) the people who dont compliment you give you wierd looks which i then collect and use to power my house d) my girlfriend likes them. as far as super weird things ive done, i cant really think of any that are particularly coordinated or thought out... i need to work on that.
Truth be told/If I can be so bold/Your sig did inspire/What here did transpire/So that you would me admire/cause me to aspire/to greater heights/of lyrical plights.
-ThorFluff
BomanTheBear wrote: but then i started playing rugby and breakdancing.

tiny

Postby tiny » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:49 pm UTC

Hm... I think we don't need anything to make the world any weirder. It's already a Monty Python sketch. A very long and frighteningly serious Monty Python sketch you can't escape from.
By acting less conformistically and more naturally you un-weird this world and society.

I do 4 things (that I know of) that give people weird moments:
1. Anyone seen 'The Wisdom of the Crocodiles'? Jude Law's character bangs his chest and breathes in painfully a couple of times. So, sometimes after a statement (be it mine or someone else's) I go: "Or to say it with Jude Law... *bangs chest* *breathes in painfully* *talks on/sits there as if nothing has happened*"
2. Sometimes when I'm in a car with someone and the radio's on and there's a song I don't like, I play all happy, turn the volume up and sing a totally different song (that's stolen from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, though).
3. I use foreigns words (and anachronistic expressions) a lot, even if it isn't necessary. Mostly Latinisms I derive from my English vocabulary.
4. I sometimes say 'Sie' (the formal version of 'you' in German) to people I should call 'Du' (informal version) and speak with pursed lips and a high pitched, affected voice. It's funny how some people just play along and some are utterly alienated.

EDIT: I have to add:
5. When I'm in a good mood I sing, sway, think out loud and lough when I think of something funny. I do it all only inside the house, though (exept the last thing; I can't help that). Got me weird looks; seems no one likes people who are openly happy.
6. I have unusual chains of association that tend to seem weird to other people and puzzle them.
"I write what I see, the endless procession to the guillotine." ~ de Sade

NinjaSimon

Postby NinjaSimon » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:10 pm UTC

Another one I forgot to mention was that I've started singing songs from the youth group I'm part of at school, a couple of people there are part of it aswell so I don't look entirely crazy. One example is the brown squirrel song, it goes (with actions) [really timid and soft] Brown Squirrel, Brown Squirrel, shake your bushy tail (hands out if front like a squirrel and bend knees slightly on "brown" and back up on "squirrel", then wiggle butt on "shake your bushy tail") X2 then, put a peanut in your hand (take left hand and put immaginary object into right hand) AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR NOSE!!! (whilst taking the hand with immaginary object in it and shoving the object up your nose). It's very funny, there's also the milk song, with udder action, down by the riverside, which has lama dancing and many, many more. Fun times.
You are reading my signature.

mrbaggins

Weirding people out

Postby mrbaggins » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:38 pm UTC

I have an er.... 'endearing' habit of telling stories when explaining something, or trying to talk to people... But that doesn't do what I mean justice... An example!

For instance, when my friend was feeling down, I asked her what was wrong (there were a few people, all friends, around as well, trying to cheer her up/find out what was wrong) and she wouldn't answer. So I said "Look, the last thing we want is for a poor little innocent Nancy to go into the kitchen, grab 2 forks and go on a rampage killing 37 people, whats the matter?"

It was about at that point that the conversation sort of stopped, and I was suddenly the center of attention.

I love doing this to people. I have this theory that when you add specificity to a story, it suddenly becomes more real, and people have to stop and think "Wait, was he serious?"

Anyone else do something similar?
Why is it that 4chan is either infinitely awesome, infinitely bad, or "lolwut", but never any intermediary level?

El Senor Fruit Swing

Re: Weirding people out

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:42 pm UTC

I'm not allowed to theorize at work anymore. Haha,, I say similar things.
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:48 pm UTC

I think this was one of those "had to be there" things.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

El Senor Fruit Swing

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:55 pm UTC

NO, it's one of those if you say those kinda things you understand :-p I understood Kudos to you my fork wielding friend!
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

Fossa

Re: How to make the weird a worlder place

Postby Fossa » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:12 pm UTC

This past summer some of the housing employees who'd been working parking did something... strange.

After their shift two of them stood on opposite sides of the main 2 lane road that cuts through the dorms. When a car would approach they would bend over and mime picking up a rope and stretching it across the road. They'd /really/ get into it, wrapping it around a sign post once it was taut, etc. They never looked directly at the cars, motioned at the cars, etc. Nearly every driver stopped for them. They held one driver there for 40 seconds.

I was in the dispatch office when a woman called to complain about "two young men stopping traffic with a magic rope". We took the call on speakerphone, the rest of us trying not to laugh as my boss tried to figure out what the hell she was talking about.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:22 pm UTC

*laughing so hard at people's stories, especially Fossa's*

Nowhere near as funny but it just kinda happened, zero planning: one night at uni two of my best friends and I took to the streets, one armed with a frying pan, I can't remember the other one's weapon of choice, and me with the microphone from friend 1's computer. We would stop on the street and interview people with it, randomly, and OBVIOUSLY not plugged into anything. And never attempting to explain the pan (or other thing). It was weird. We weren't even drunk (I think - it might have been coffee overload though). Then afterwards we found our way onto the roof of a huge building (parking area) and sweetalked the security guard into letting us stay. We pretend-skated for a while, then started serenading passers by underneath.

The streetkids were the only ones who cooperated with our "interview", and they thought it was pretty funny. This made me sad. Sad that the other people were so stiff but mostly sad that these great kids who indulged our bit of fun so readily had nothing.

edited to make more accurate as it's coming back to me
Last edited by Moo on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:22 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Number3Pencils
The Torment of Existence Weighed against the Horror of Nonbeing

Postby Number3Pencils » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:40 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Alpha1.1

Postby Alpha1.1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:45 pm UTC

Ah yes, a wee bit of abstract humour is always needed.

1. Yer phone rings, pick it up and ask for a 12'' pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni. Talk over them when tey try to interrupt with orders for other things. Then you ask how long it will be and when they answer, say "sorry! I must have the wrong number!'' and hang up. (Think I saw this in Calvin and Hobbes)

2. Oftentimes, when I am in a shop, I talk in a thick eastern european accent. Spend 5 minutes pretending to understand what the salesperson is saying and trying to explain badly in broken english what I want (eg. in coffee shop, "I can have? Euhh...Cow Water with sauce? No, sorry, sauce with cow water? No coffee. SAUCE..COW SAUCE.. No Coffee with coffee free?'') Finally, just as I am leaving or salesperson finally gives up, I thank them for their help in perfect english and walk out.

3. I never have the balls for this myself, but a good friend of mine started an anti-lemon campaign. Spraypainted eerywhere he went a big lemon with a cross through it with ''ban lemons!'' written above it. Anytime I went into a shop, he would shout at the top of his voice the evil ways of lemons, the lemon lobby in government bribing pro lemon laws into practice etc. And he shouted this LOUD. I miss those days.

4. when buying smokes, I ask for ''the finest, most fragrant, satisfying tobaccinated product, wrapped in thin, slow burning paper, with a convenient filtration device attached, foil packed for freshness. On the packaging which contains these delights of the respiratory system, I would prefer the lettering to read 'Marlboro Lights', If you would be so kind sir.''

5. My new found love of protracted forum baiting/flame baiting. Go on youtube, say something inflammatory in the comments, wait for people to reply, start an argument, then after 3 pages of argument, propose. The more serious you seem to be in the actual argument the better.

Length? Don't care, b3ta made me do it.
Forum Baiting, My New Sport

Number3Pencils

Postby Number3Pencils » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:01 pm UTC

Alpha1.1 wrote:1. Yer phone rings, pick it up and ask for a 12'' pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni. Talk over them when tey try to interrupt with orders for other things. Then you ask how long it will be and when they answer, say "sorry! I must have the wrong number!'' and hang up. (Think I saw this in Calvin and Hobbes)

*RIINGGG*
Calvin: Hello, this is Calvin speaking. I'd like a large anchovy pizza.
Caller: What?? I--???
Calvin: Oh, I'm sorry. You must have the wrong number. Goodbye.
I try to make everyone's day a little more surreal.

However, I personally prefer this one:
*RIIINGG*
Calvin: Hello?
Caller: Hello, is your mom or dad there?
Calvin: No.
Caller: Okay, could you take a message?
Calvin: Sure, just a second. [Inflates a balloon, takes out a pin.
Pops it.] AUGHH!! I'VE BEEN SHOT!!
I hate taking messages.
Spoiler:

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:37 pm UTC

He he he. Answering the phone of any unfortunate audience member silly enough to leave it on during the show was always my favourite part of doing imrov theatre. Fun times.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:55 pm UTC

You did improv theater? You must tell stories!

Also, that interview idea is so cool. As is the phone thing. I think I'll try it next time I answer my phone (but it needs to be the home phone since everyone knows I have caller ID on my mobile).
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

Number3Pencils

Postby Number3Pencils » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:13 pm UTC

I have a few fun ways to answer the phone. Regrettably, I haven't thought up any on my own; they're all culled from indeterminate sources.
    •[P.] County morgue; you stab 'em, we slab 'em.
    •Billy Bob's Road Kill Bar & Grill; you kill 'em, we grill 'em.
    •Hello, you've reached Baskin Robbins, home of 31 flavors. If you can name 31 flavors in 31 seconds, you will win 31 dollars. Start now.
There are probably others that I've forgotten. I need to come up with some of my own.
Spoiler:

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:57 pm UTC

My brother always amswers the phone with "Paco's Tacos, how may I help you?"
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Hurduser

Postby Hurduser » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:37 pm UTC

I answer the phone normally with 'mental hospital $City, whom can I admit?'. I also sometimes do my shopping completely in Esperanto.

Another thing I do (not really intentionally though) is whenever there is a socially accepted solution to do things and a more efficient one, I use the efficient one. Take clothes as an example: When I go to college, I wear brightly colored, reflective clothes (which make people think that I am in some kind of road-construction crew) while nearly everyone else dresses in dark colors during the winter. When someone asks, I explain that I do want to be seen when crossing roads. I also have really huge headphones for my tiny MP3-Player and use them because: 'That way I do not need to listen to idiots talking on cell phones when on the tram'.

EDIT: Maybe I should add that I use a really old laptop, which I operate under FreeDOS and Linux and when people see me using it, they are always confused. Especially when I give in to my addiction and play nethack in public.
Frag mal nach im IRC
'zum Kotzen' das heisst dort XP.
Win2k, nur so zum staunen,
hat mehr Bugs als nur zweitausend.

Brooks

Postby Brooks » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:23 pm UTC

Back when I was younger and behavior that is even mildly disrespectful to authority was much less likely to get one shot, tasered, or shipped to Gitmo, a friend and I had some projects intended to make the world weirder.

One of these involved our habit of driving his parent-provided station wagon around and stealing every orange construction cone we could find. Some days, we would have literally hundreds of the things in that car. But theft wasn't the ultimate goal (theft is not weird, after all).

The real fun came when we would use our cones to set up fake detours in the small town where we lived. We'd funnel all traffic down roads and make some very circuitous paths; to go just one block over, we might send you two miles out of your way (this was a fairly rural town with no sidewalks, no streetlights, and no grid layout). Or we'd make it impossible for a particular friend to get home; all approaches to his house led to detours back away from it.

Sometimes, if we were feeling particularly rambunctious, we'd create a loop, where once you entered you would be guided around a few streets and then spat back out going the other direction at the same place where you entered. And, for extra points, we would wait for a car to enter our loop and then close it off with more cones, trapping the hapless traveler in a section of road now cut off from the rest of the universe (we learned that, for most drivers, orange cones command the same respect that cement walls do). I still have injuries from laughing so hard (from a suitably hidden location, of course) as the same set of headlights looped around over and over with an increasing air of frustration.

It being a small town and we being occasional troublemakers, we did eventually get caught by the police, with many hundreds of cones in the car. But, as it was a more innocent time, we were not even arrested. We played dumb and claimed "All of these cones just appeared around my house, and we were bringing them down to the police station because they have all different construction companies' phone numbers on them so we thought something was up." They didn't believe us, of course, but they correctly assumed that that marked the end of the unauthorized detours that had been appearing all over town.

Kids, do not try this today. It is a different world.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:49 pm UTC

I wear only Hawaiian Shirts, Shorts and Sandals to class, regardless of the weather.
So far it's gotten me nothing but good things (I.E. Walking into a class five minutes on a day when there's snow on the ground. The Prof is notoriously hard on showing up late, when I walked in ho started to say 'And why are you late' got a good look at me and instead said 'and why are you l-dressed like that, good lord! just go sit down' and thus, a three page paper and much embarrassment was avoided)

Also, for no reason I can remember at all, whenever me and/or my friends are playing an online game with voice chat, we like to reply to questions and introductions with "huulllooo gypseh' in the creepiest voices we can come up with. The results are highly satisfying.

Hulllooo gypseh is also an acceptable phone greeting.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:53 pm UTC

Brooks wrote:A story of awesome

That's... wonderful.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

NightStar
"Hold very still, Mr President....."

Postby NightStar » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:12 pm UTC

I had a friend in HS who was a huge, muscular guy with a gravelly voice. He liked to answer his phone with "House of Booty, this is Cutie." That was really bizarre.
Hawknc wrote:Madness?
THIS IS COLLEGE!
*Kicks a beer keg over a balcony*

Return to “General”