Randall Munroe Facts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Cheese » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:39 pm UTC

Randall has counted to zero. From both positive AND negative infinity.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
d33p
Happy Fun Ball
Posts: 1714
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:06 am UTC
Location: La Maison de la Liberté

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby d33p » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:42 pm UTC

Randall's power is over NINE THOUSAAAAAND!
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

Robin S
Posts: 3579
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:02 pm UTC
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Robin S » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:31 pm UTC

Aleril wrote:Instead of becoming stupid and incomprehensible when getting near a kitten, Randall just stays the same,
To be more accurate: Randall obeys that law just like everyone else (after all, he in his wisdom taught us of that law in the first place) but because his rest intelligence is infinite, it makes no difference.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

User avatar
Geekthras
3) What if it's delicious?
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:23 am UTC
Location: Around Boston, MA

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Geekthras » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:55 pm UTC

Randall Munroe solves problems in O(0) time.
Wait. With a SPOON?!

User avatar
bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢
Posts: 3137
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:27 pm UTC
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby bbctol » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:06 pm UTC

Randall Munroe bleeds grape juice.

User avatar
Geekthras
3) What if it's delicious?
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:23 am UTC
Location: Around Boston, MA

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Geekthras » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:16 pm UTC

bbctol wrote:Randall Munroe bleeds grape juice.

If you are being random, then meh.
If you are referencing the letter I saw, then win.
Wait. With a SPOON?!

User avatar
bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢
Posts: 3137
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:27 pm UTC
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby bbctol » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:26 pm UTC

Geekthras wrote:
bbctol wrote:Randall Munroe bleeds grape juice.

If you are being random, then meh.
If you are referencing the letter I saw, then win.

I'm not being random, so I can only assume I'm winning.

User avatar
KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:11 pm UTC
Location: Hangin' with Sir Dickwad at the Bubble Palace.
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby KicktheCAN » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:52 pm UTC

Randall does not lose twenty dollars and my self respect.

Randall knows whether Schrodinger's cat is dead or alive.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

User avatar
davef
NomNomNommin' the Rockenclature!
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: The Ice Pit!
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby davef » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:02 am UTC

Randall knows whether or not a plane on a treadmill will take off. But he's not telling.
Ciúnas, bóthar, cailín, bainne.

User avatar
Ren
Rockin' Robin
Posts: 2933
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:06 pm UTC
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Ren » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:21 am UTC

Randall Munroe stole the bukkit.

Randall Munroe baked the cake and left the truth out.

Snopes once tried to investigate the legitimacy of Randall Munroe, but he blinded them with SCIENCE.

RTFM originally stood for Randall The Fucking Munroe.
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

User avatar
taptap
I laughed so hard i fell out of my concubine
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:46 am UTC
Location: Hidin' from the Brain Fuckler
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby taptap » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:42 am UTC

Randall Munroe, in 1979, was hired in as a supervisor during Cave Johnson's A&R plan, seeing to it that in 1981 the Heimlech Counter-Maneuver and the Take-a-Wish foundation were put into effect. Also, he was one of the fundamental scientists that built the portal device, and detered it from being used secretly as an application to help with shower curtains.

Davean wrote:Only the bots can see the entire forum the mods have dedicated to bashing taptap for asking questions with obvious answers. It should look good when his next interviewer Googles him before the interview.

User avatar
Stief
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:43 am UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Stief » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:54 am UTC

Randall Munroe saw the dream girl at the meet, as he can see beyond this mortal plane and into a realm of pure romance,
sarcasm, math, and language ...

Randall Munroe knows who actually stole the cookies from the cookie jar...

If you say his name, Randall Munroe will get you halfway through a sen-
bbctol wrote:There is a term for what you have created. I believe it is "Dude- that shit is EPIC."

Teknobo wrote:Seriously, try flying down the street in Need for Speed while listening to the bicycle theme from Pokémon. It's beyond fantastic.

User avatar
taptap
I laughed so hard i fell out of my concubine
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:46 am UTC
Location: Hidin' from the Brain Fuckler
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby taptap » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:01 am UTC

ah, very good point. Randall Munroe revived the cartoon "Freakazoid" for one episode, and it depicts him obliterating and slaying, in stinko-man 20x6 style, candlejack to his death, thereby transferring all powers of candlejack to randall.

therefore, you now cannot say randall munroe's name without your post ending in you getting kidna---
Last edited by taptap on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:40 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Davean wrote:Only the bots can see the entire forum the mods have dedicated to bashing taptap for asking questions with obvious answers. It should look good when his next interviewer Googles him before the interview.

User avatar
Aluminus
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:51 pm UTC
Location: View From Space

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Aluminus » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:10 am UTC

Randall Munroe, is an effective Frost Inhibitor
Also, arguably alive.

taptap knows where I'm going with this.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

photosinensis
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:17 am UTC

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby photosinensis » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:33 am UTC

Randall can use a GOTO without producing badly structured code.

Randall knows the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything. He's just looking for a good time to tell us all.
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
And my heart was filled with mournng, mourning for my dear amour.
"'Tis not possible!" I uttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!"
Quoth the server: 404.

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:45 am UTC

Randall Munroe does not exist. He is an avatar for us all.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Minchandre
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:36 am UTC

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Minchandre » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:07 am UTC

Randall Munroe knows precisely the position and momentum of any particle.
Randall Munroe can solve three-body problems analytically.

User avatar
Iluvatar
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:19 pm UTC

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Iluvatar » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:20 am UTC

RTFM originally stood for Randall The Fucking Munroe.
This consists of equal parts win, pwn, and leet.

Some artists draw their comic with ink pens, others with pencil, and others with paints. Randall Munroe writes his with a magnetic needle straight onto his hard drive platter.

Randall Munroe is only a nickname. His birthname is actually the salted hash of that.

Randall Munroe has the MD5 Rainbow Tables memorized for up to 18 unicode characters.

Randall Munroe doesn’t need a compiler; he can tell you the output of any program with any input after a quick glance at the source code.

Randall Munroe can accurately define web 2.0
"Don't you see?!"

"Get out of my bed, Randall, I'm trying to sleep!"

Your results may vary.

User avatar
Geekthras
3) What if it's delicious?
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:23 am UTC
Location: Around Boston, MA

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Geekthras » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:26 am UTC

Geekthras wrote:Randall Munroe solves problems in O(0) time.

Actually screw that, he solves the traveling salesman problem in O(1/(n!)) time.
Wait. With a SPOON?!

User avatar
Kaelri
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:42 pm UTC
Location: York, New
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Kaelri » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:29 am UTC

Randall Munroe knows your position and momentum. Right now.

Edit: Sorry, Minchandre, you deserve the credit for that one. :)
Last edited by Kaelri on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:06 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Toeofdoom » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:38 am UTC

photosinensis wrote:Randall can use a GOTO without producing badly structured code...

AND without summoning a raptor.

He can also play through the fire and the flames on guitar hero 3 on expert 100%, and did so first try.
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

User avatar
Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!
Posts: 6986
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:14 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Hawknc » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:39 am UTC

Little known fact: Randall actually convinced Dragonforce to write that song, purely to be an asshole to everyone playing Guitar Hero.
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks
Posts: 8314
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:17 pm UTC
Location: I FUCKING MOVED TO THE WOODS

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:26 pm UTC

Randall Munroe can play the entirety of Freebird on any instrument, ever. Including the didgeridoo.

When Randall Munroe says Candlejack's name, nothing hap
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Ended
Posts: 1459
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:27 pm UTC
Location: The Tower of Flints. (Also known as: England.)

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Ended » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:20 pm UTC

There is no xkcd forum server. There is just Randall with a pen, some blue and silver paper, and a scanner.
Generally I try to make myself do things I instinctively avoid, in case they are awesome.
-dubsola

User avatar
Hench
Porn, hence, Man
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:16 pm UTC
Location: Right between my eyes
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Hench » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:55 pm UTC

Aluminus wrote:Randall Munroe, is an effective Frost Inhibitor
Also, arguably alive.

taptap knows where I'm going with this.

Is he also a disk operating system?
Spoiler:
Your perceptions will not change reality, but simply color it.

User avatar
Aluminus
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:51 pm UTC
Location: View From Space

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Aluminus » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:11 pm UTC

Randall needs no disks. He is made of Flash memory.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

User avatar
d33p
Happy Fun Ball
Posts: 1714
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:06 am UTC
Location: La Maison de la Liberté

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby d33p » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:14 pm UTC

All of the top 100 Bash quotes have been correctly attributed to Randall Munroe. Except the gay ones.
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

User avatar
Kjartan
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 3:16 pm UTC
Location: Iceland
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Kjartan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:14 pm UTC

Randall Munroe worked as a contractor for NASA before and after graduation.
My old signature was old, so here is my new one. It is new.

User avatar
LDJosh
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:07 pm UTC
Location: South Central, PA
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby LDJosh » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:40 pm UTC

There is no spoon. Only Randall Munroe.

I baked you a cookie, but Randall Munroe eated it.
--------
~Lameduck Josh
ninjajosh.com

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6412
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Moo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:41 pm UTC

Randall does not create comics. He just thinks about the comic strip and stick figures spontaneously arrange themselves in ammusing ways.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8260
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Zohar » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:54 pm UTC

Ren wrote:RTFM originally stood for Randall The Fucking Munroe.


So much win, in fact, that it shall be sig'd.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
Posts: 4220
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby no-genius » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:25 pm UTC

davef wrote:Randall knows whether or not a plane on a treadmill will take off. But he's not telling.

:P

Randall Monroe is both true and false, in all systems of logic (even the crazy ones).

Randall Monroe has a refractive index of infinity.
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

User avatar
Sprocket
Seymour
Posts: 5949
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm UTC
Location: impaled on Beck's boney hips.
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Sprocket » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:36 pm UTC

If Randall Munroe was Jesus, Christmas would be Pi day.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff
Posts: 2903
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 10:10 pm UTC

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby ZeroSum » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:48 pm UTC

Randall Munroe can see into the future. That's why he allows us to live.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby b.i.o » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:16 pm UTC

CatProximity wrote:
Matthias wrote:When the Grim Reaper's computer freezes up, he gets a Blue Screen of Randall Munroe.
Frankly, I think this one wins.


As do I.

That is awesome.

User avatar
taptap
I laughed so hard i fell out of my concubine
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:46 am UTC
Location: Hidin' from the Brain Fuckler
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby taptap » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:40 pm UTC

Hench wrote:Is he also a disk operating system?


Possibly. With randall all things are possible. It was his Idea to launch "bring your daughter to work day".

Also, He also was the reason Mr. Johnson was inflicted with mercury poisoning. He cracked the pipet before giving it to Cave.

okay self, enough with the frickin' portal jokes already!

Davean wrote:Only the bots can see the entire forum the mods have dedicated to bashing taptap for asking questions with obvious answers. It should look good when his next interviewer Googles him before the interview.

++$_
Mo' Money
Posts: 2370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:06 am UTC

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby ++$_ » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:30 am UTC

CatProximity wrote:If Randall Munroe was Jesus, Christmas would be Pi day.
This is true of 4/1461 of people.


If Randall Munroe was Jesus, we wouldn't need to have Good Friday.

Randall Munroe's zeppelin flies faster than a military jet, AND uses less fuel.

One time, a Pascal compiler told Randall Munroe that he made a syntax error in a program. We all know what happened to Pascal after that.

User avatar
J Spade
Luppoewagan
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:56 pm UTC
Location: Up a creek without a paddle
Contact:

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby J Spade » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:54 am UTC

We did not invent Randall Munroe. Randall Munroe consistently finds Jesus. Randall Munroe killed Jeeves.
Randall Munroe is banned in China. Randall Munroe is from Jersey. Randall Munroe constantly finds Jesus.
This is not Randall Munroe. This is close.

User avatar
Geekthras
3) What if it's delicious?
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:23 am UTC
Location: Around Boston, MA

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Geekthras » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:58 am UTC

J Spade wrote:We did not invent Randall Munroe. Randall Munroe consistently finds Waldo. Randall Munroe killed Jesus.
Randall Munroe is banned in China. Randall Munroe is from Massachusetts. Randall Munroe constantly finds Waldo.
This is not Randall Munroe. This isn't even close.

fix'd
Wait. With a SPOON?!

User avatar
Peripatetic
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:47 am UTC

Re: Randall Munroe Facts

Postby Peripatetic » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:59 am UTC

Randall Munroe is not the answer. Randall Munroe is the question. The answer is "Yo momma."


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests