Actual Drnukenness!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Xavier
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:21 pm UTC

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Xavier » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:15 am UTC

An energy drink with alcohol in it? Isn't alcohol a depressant - so therefore mixing it with stimulants would just dull their effects? (That's probably wrong - if so, I blame the wine - well, that, and not listening properly in biology classes. :P)

User avatar
Military
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:30 am UTC

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Military » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:28 am UTC

When I drink alone its a $15 magnum of Cabernet sauvignon, This is fine I sit in a chair and chain smoke while drinking the entire bottle, The only problem comes from your roommate coming in when your on your last glass and saying he needs a pong partner at the neighbors, which I had yet to meet. long story short we lost bad to his ex's new bf and I made a complete fool of myself.

I would say my favorite drinking story is when my buddies and I were throwing a kegger, not at my house, and I became so drunk that for some reason about 6 lacrosse players wanted to kick my ass, as far as I know I hadn't had any contact with them at all, so one of my buddies takes me to another party a good friend of mine was throwing, when we got there ~9blocks they had 2 beers left in the keg and most of the people were leaving my friend wanted to watch "the greatest movie in the world" and no one would watch it with him, so i get the last to beers one for my buddy and one for me and I say well watch it. I was a 4 hour documentary on birds, almost no narration. my buddy promptly falls asleep and tells me to wake when I ready, he was supposed to stay with his gf that night and the two nights before but both previous nights he had passed out where he was and needless to say he had promised to be there this night. I stay awake for probable 5 mins longer then him then passout myself. I get shaken awake at 9am, he was pissed his gf had just called and she was pissed and I just laughed caused I don't know what he expected.

earlier that year some girl had gotten really drunk in my room and thrown up everywhere, including my roommates bed so my buddy and I had spent 3 hours cleaning her and the room up and then we went to the laundry room to wash all the sheets . we had about an hour until the washer was done and we went the study room across the hall to watch their tv while we waited. He stretched out and fell asleep. I waited 5 min and did the same and I woke up to him pissed cause 3hours had passed and I hadn't waken up.

Dark Ragnarok
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 9:12 pm UTC

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:36 pm UTC

Xavier wrote:An energy drink with alcohol in it? Isn't alcohol a depressant - so therefore mixing it with stimulants would just dull their effects? (That's probably wrong - if so, I blame the wine - well, that, and not listening properly in biology classes. :P)


No I both had a little extra energy and started getting drunk. Its the effect of being a bit more awake but also in more of a drunken state. It's a slow way to get drunk but I actually enjoyed it a lot.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Jessica » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:41 pm UTC

To my knowledge alcohol and stimulants work on different parts of the brain, thus, you can be depressed and stimulated at the same time. It's not like a single light switch, it's like thousands and thousands of little toggles.

Like the short at the start of... uh... i think it was rattatouile.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby xndrew » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:04 pm UTC

Sparks is good, I was a fan of Monster 21 before they had to take it away. Getting sued because the cans looked too similar.

The energy drunk is a good time though, I often feel completely aware but incapable of many movements.

User avatar
MotorToad
Really Repeatedly Redundantly Redundant
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:09 pm UTC
Location: Saint Joseph, CA
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby MotorToad » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:24 am UTC

Dollar beer night at McGuire's, bitches! The next thing you see from me is going to be either drunkt or hung over. :)
What did you bring the book I didn't want read out of up for?
"MAN YOUR WAY TO ANAL!" (An actual quote from another forum. Only four small errors from making sense.)

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby xndrew » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:09 am UTC

MotorToad wrote:Dollar beer night at McGuire's, bitches! The next thing you see from me is going to be either drunkt or hung over. :)

Four in, let's go go go.

User avatar
micco
Posts: 750
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:16 pm UTC
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby micco » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:37 am UTC

Meand my friends just finished our degree work this evening,so ofcourse we had toselebrate it a bit. So I`m a bit drunk at the moment (I got out of the bar maybe half a 20 minutes ago). Drink list: Shot of whiskey, a jekkubattery (jägermeister mixed with energydrink),a long drink and something my friend bought me,I think it contained whiskey, lemon juice and tonic water. it`s 2.32 now and my bus to home leaves at 11.00,so Ishould propably go to sleep now.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

xabram
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:53 am UTC

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby xabram » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:30 am UTC

Damn, I wish i had found this thread last night. I had so many insights that are now lost in the long and winding corridors of sobriety.

User avatar
Brooks
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:16 am UTC
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Brooks » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:27 pm UTC

Alcohol and stimulants work great together. Hence the ever popular rum & coke. The caffeine keeps you functional enough to do crazy/stupid things when you are so drunk that you would usually have the good sense to pass out.

User avatar
Aperfectring
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:47 am UTC
Location: Oregon (happily)

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Aperfectring » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:51 am UTC

King wrote:I actually had a friend get so drunk that she was having trouble lying down. she kept somehow sliding up to and off the head of the flat mattress we were lying on and hitting her head on the floor.

I have this problem too. I tend to roll out of bed when really drunk. That was especially bad for me when I was in college, because for a majority of the time, I had a loft bed, and rolling out of one of those tends to cause a bit more than a hangover in the morning.

Jagerbombs were very popular when I went to college. Put half a can of Red Bull in a plastic cup. Drop a shot of Jagermeister into the cup still in the shot glass, hence the plastic cup for the Red Bull). As soon as you hear the shot glass hit the bottom, chug the whole thing.

I love Jagermeister, but I can never buy myself any unless I am at a bar. The main reason for this is because whenever I do, I tend to do a magic trick where I turn the bottle Jagermeister into a hangover.

For the drinks at home, I generally go with beer or whiskey.
Odds are I did well on my probability exam.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:13 am UTC

Aperfectring wrote:I love Jagermeister, but I can never buy myself any unless I am at a bar. The main reason for this is because whenever I do, I tend to do a magic trick where I turn the bottle Jagermeister into a hangover.


That's better than the magic trick I perform with Jagermeister. It's called "What did ST have for dinner? Look and see!" and.. no, it doesn't get you teh ladiez.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby xndrew » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:16 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Aperfectring wrote:I love Jagermeister, but I can never buy myself any unless I am at a bar. The main reason for this is because whenever I do, I tend to do a magic trick where I turn the bottle Jagermeister into a hangover.


That's better than the magic trick I perform with Jagermeister. It's called "What did ST have for dinner? Look and see!" and.. no, it doesn't get you teh ladiez.

That's still better than what happens to me. I turn the bottle into awkward sexual advances and unwanted stripping at parties. Actually, I take that back, it's awesome.

User avatar
Amarantha
Posts: 1638
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Amarantha » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:48 am UTC

*bes drnuk at work*
mmm, two belgian beers with lunch
my excuse is that it's my birthday
(i hope it wears off before my first ever master-of-finance class this evening)
luckily this isn't one of those places where you can get fired for the occasional after-lunch drnukness
not that anyone would notice anyway; both my bosses and half my colleagues are away
nad i'm mostly working on projects with a lot of waiting time
see here
*watches student email system transferring data*
*listens to podcast of radio interview with fergus henderson*

@trophy
Posts: 1684
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:32 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby @trophy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:17 am UTC

Brooks wrote:Alcohol and stimulants work great together. Hence the ever popular rum & coke. The caffeine keeps you functional enough to do crazy/stupid things when you are so drunk that you would usually have the good sense to pass out.



Alcohol + stimulants = REALLY REALLY bad for you, btw. It fucks with your cardiovascular system in ways you probably don't want to have happen.
Insignificant Deification wrote:Because, sometimes, you've gotta have a taste of vulva

User avatar
ParanoydAndroid
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:56 am UTC
Location: Pearl City, HI
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby ParanoydAndroid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:39 am UTC

@trophy wrote:Alcohol + stimulants = REALLY REALLY bad for you, btw. It fucks with your cardiovascular system in ways you probably don't want to have happen.


My freshman year of college I worked overnights so I could go to school in the morning, I would therefore get back to the dorms at roughly 3am, where naturally everyone would still be partying. It became habit that when my coworker/dorm mate and I walked in they'd hand me a shot of tequila, 2 aspirin, and 2 no-doz. It may do horrible things to one's body, but damn it feels good.

-B
I may be an idiot sir, but one thing I am not, sir, is an idiot.

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby xndrew » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:52 am UTC

Hey, so it's a saturday night and I'm still coherent. This is weird. I can tell you that the red squiggle under saturday is only there because it isn't capitalized, but why should I? It's just a day, and I'm just drunk, and I wish there was more to life, but we're alive, and if that's not enough nothing ever will be. I think I love a girl, but that's stupid, it just gets you hurt.

I'm sorry, good night.

User avatar
aleflamedyud
wants your cookies
Posts: 3307
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 pm UTC
Location: The Central Bureaucracy

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby aleflamedyud » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:56 am UTC

BBBRrraaauiiiinnnnssss!

Actually, I'm dead sober because I was gonna wake up early this morning, but I'm up too late and my left knee is bothering me. Fuck it.

Kol bseder.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

User avatar
segmentation fault
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:10 pm UTC
Location: Nu Jersey
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby segmentation fault » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:47 pm UTC

car bombs!

happy early st paddys day. the parade in my city was today so i feel festive. and irish.
people are like LDL cholesterol for the internet

User avatar
Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:51 am UTC
Location: Bergen, Norway
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Berengal » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:06 am UTC

I put weird eastern european spirits in my soda, and it tastes weird now. I haven't been drunk in so long I've sort of forgotten how it is.

I'll probably just fall asleep though...
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

User avatar
Blubb3r3ng3l
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:41 am UTC

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Blubb3r3ng3l » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:52 am UTC

I try not to be on the internet unless I am drunk, or drinking.

Today is no exception. It 'whets my [fingers'] whistle'.

And your mom is hot.

If they're dead, no worries, necrophilia is something I've always wanted to try.
Let us a little permit Nature to take her own way; she understands Her own affairs better than we ~ Montaigne
embarrass the hell out of me
The only emotion ducks can feel is hate. -__Kit

User avatar
Chrismclegless
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Sigma 957
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Chrismclegless » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:13 am UTC

Its amazing the things being drnuk makes you do - I'm here eating a shitty burger and enjoying it.

P.S. Being drnuk also made me type this with just one hand, because I've got the burger in the other one.
Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

slaxor
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:39 pm UTC

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby slaxor » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:10 pm UTC

3 pages? And this is from last year? Y'all need to drink more.

User avatar
joff
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:28 pm UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby joff » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:05 pm UTC

It's 5am and I wish I had a burger. It's far too late now, even though there are open burger places just downstairs from my apartment. The female DJ at the goth/metal club I frequent is really nice and friendly. Yaay. And has a boyfriend. Boo.

On second thoughts I might get dressed again and get that burger. Heat and drunkenness be damned.
mostly_true_comics wrote:...we're forgetting about the geopolitical ramifications of such an incursion. If you think the Morloks, Molemen, and Lord Kinbote are going to sit still while you tunnel through their territory, think again.

28/♂/hetero/NZ

olivery2k
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:49 pm UTC

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby olivery2k » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:06 pm UTC

slaxor wrote:3 pages? And this is from last year? Y'all need to drink more.


Or less, assuming the reason for the low number of posts is that people are so drunk that they can't find this thread anymore

User avatar
Solt
Posts: 1912
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:08 am UTC
Location: California

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Solt » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:05 pm UTC

God, hangovers feel like shit. If I ever try to drink again, someone slap me upside the head.

Also, carbombs are yummy but tend to be closely correlated with throwing up.
"Welding was faster, cheaper and, in theory,
produced a more reliable product. But sailors do
not float on theory, and the welded tankers had a
most annoying habit of splitting in two."
-J.W. Morris

User avatar
segmentation fault
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:10 pm UTC
Location: Nu Jersey
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby segmentation fault » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:19 pm UTC

ive had horrible hangovers before. for 8 hours, i knew how a recovering heroin addict feels.
people are like LDL cholesterol for the internet

User avatar
Solt
Posts: 1912
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:08 am UTC
Location: California

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Solt » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:18 am UTC

8 hours? It's been 14 waking hours, 20 if you count the fact that I had restless sleep.

The first time I got drunk, on a friday night, I was still queasy sunday morning.
"Welding was faster, cheaper and, in theory,

produced a more reliable product. But sailors do

not float on theory, and the welded tankers had a

most annoying habit of splitting in two."

-J.W. Morris

The Ethos
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:50 am UTC
Location: Private Hell
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby The Ethos » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:15 am UTC

Redacted due to sobriety.
Last edited by The Ethos on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:18 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, and have a Scientastic day! - Dr. Venture

User avatar
segmentation fault
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:10 pm UTC
Location: Nu Jersey
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby segmentation fault » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:25 pm UTC

Solt wrote:8 hours? It's been 14 waking hours, 20 if you count the fact that I had restless sleep.


oh the hangover lasted well into the next day. just for 8 hours did i feel like a recovering heroin addict. i still felt nauseous afterwards, but at least i wasnt puking and unable to sleep due to cold sweats.

just having thoughts was painful.
people are like LDL cholesterol for the internet

User avatar
Amarantha
Posts: 1638
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Amarantha » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:44 pm UTC

ok hav'net been this drnuk inna while
shared a botle of wine
which is a lot
and sheol din't like it much
so i made hima white wine cocktail which was ok
and a similar one for me but with gin stead of cranberry
and the next one (rum) he wosn't fond of so i had it and just gave him some rum by itself
apparently i'm better at maths drunk than sober
at least i think i am
a time serios process where the depondent variable changes by a constant percentage amount each period is an exporential funciotn, ya?
also, i need the bdsm thread *looks*
and i gotta bit sick, which means i probably shouldnet hrink cocktails after sharing a botle of wine
now i have to do my on-call checks and go to bed
*cheks servers*

User avatar
joff
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:28 pm UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby joff » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:31 pm UTC

Night out with friends from back home. Nice to see familiar faces in my adopted, but still alien, city. It was fantastic, I wish they could stay :(

Why am I online?
mostly_true_comics wrote:...we're forgetting about the geopolitical ramifications of such an incursion. If you think the Morloks, Molemen, and Lord Kinbote are going to sit still while you tunnel through their territory, think again.

28/♂/hetero/NZ

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby xndrew » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:41 am UTC

I might be a little bit drunk, but not too much. I did just drive home, I can't be that bad.

User avatar
Steve
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:39 am UTC
Location: University of Virginia
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Steve » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:40 am UTC

So after >12 drinks on the night, I managed to not only turn down sleeping with a girl that was all over me, but also walked back over 2 miles home, talking with a police officer for a substantial portion of it. I also used the delete key a LOT in writing this.
John Hancock

|Erasmus|
Branson
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby |Erasmus| » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:25 pm UTC

the most I've had to drink for a while tonight... i think it was 8. Im kinda struggling to type this properly.

Still, tonights thingy raised > $20,000 for cancer, so I'm glad I went, and contributed.

User avatar
Aperfectring
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:47 am UTC
Location: Oregon (happily)

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Aperfectring » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:01 am UTC

Damn, I wish I had more beer. I ran out after four, and the only option left is to start drinking hard liquor, which is a bad idea after a few beers. *sigh*
Odds are I did well on my probability exam.

User avatar
Quadropus
Posts: 572
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:30 pm UTC

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Quadropus » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:29 am UTC

Image
na na na na na na na na spider man! spider man!

etc....

I am bored..... bored I am.
Friends all went out to clubs and I am not 18... boooo

though it has given me time to practice touch typing whlst drunk... w00t :|


(took me several atempts to write this))


edit: fucking win! 117th post in this thread....
Halo fans will understand.
Image

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

|Erasmus|
Branson
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby |Erasmus| » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:18 am UTC

Aperfectring wrote:Damn, I wish I had more beer. I ran out after four, and the only option left is to start drinking hard liquor, which is a bad idea after a few beers. *sigh*


sounds suspiciously like what I did last night...

User avatar
Quadropus
Posts: 572
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:30 pm UTC

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby Quadropus » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:59 pm UTC

Evening chaps.
I think this is the write place to post. I do feel rather upper class I must say, as I am sitting here drinking a Martini and listening to Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture.
I love it when iTunes gives me decent shuffles...

Any suggestions of what to do with the evening? (Even though it is already 0047)
Image

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

User avatar
uildaan
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:52 am UTC

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby uildaan » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:10 pm UTC

Quadropus wrote:Evening chaps.
I think this is the write place to post. I do feel rather upper class I must say, as I am sitting here drinking a Martini and listening to Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture.
I love it when iTunes gives me decent shuffles...

Any suggestions of what to do with the evening? (Even though it is already 0047)


Blow up the old bailey?


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests