Actual Drnukenness!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

FearoftheDomo-Kun

Re: The drnuk thread

Postby FearoftheDomo-Kun » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:59 am UTC

IO think i'm kind a rdrujnk atm, not too badot thuogh. my poor spelling mis mostly due to typing on a laptop inbgesd bed BED snap
this reminds me
i dreamt of joan jett the other night, it was awesoooooome:D shei ntedrodcuded me to a rhreadheaded girl at my scholkl nnnn mmmmmmsleepuytime
So glad to meet you, Angeles

xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!

Postby xndrew » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:55 am UTC

These people like terrible music.
The beer is warm.
I wish I actually like them.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:01 am UTC

I'm very drunkn atm. I'm going to bed soom, beut appartenyly I alomost kkilled someone tofay when they stole my sombrero. Sorry about the typos, nbut I thoguht the point of the thread was not to edit them out. Typijng twhile drunb is fun! I think it helps that I'm leaning on my shelves, which are at head height right in fonrt of my desk. I'm sure everyone will be able to understand this post anyway, so it doesn't really matter. I'm rambling aren't I. Good night all. :)
Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

@trophy

Postby @trophy » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:12 am UTC

Slightly tipsy atm... which only contributes to the general loneliness I've been feeling lately. :(
Insignificant Deification wrote:Because, sometimes, you've gotta have a taste of vulva

libellule

Postby libellule » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:30 am UTC

Your avatar looks really well drawn after a few glasses of wine.

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:12 am UTC

After a night out I'm back home and kind of drunk...

Kind of...

I have to wake up in the morning and run in a race, but if I have a hangover I won't go. It's not like I raised them any money anyway, I just signed up to kick myself in the ass and make myself get physically fit. Mission accomplished.

Also, I fucking hate Apple computers if they don't fix their goddamn fragile-ass screen without charging me $1200 fucking dollars. Every frecking third-party vendor sells the screens for $400-ish, where does $800 of labor come from you snobby fucks!? I can get a perfectly good, more durable machine and stick Hardy Heron on it!
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Calibwam

Postby Calibwam » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:10 pm UTC

wel
l, maybe not drunk, byt i've at lest had enough to drink. only white wine tonight though. i'm kind'a tired, bit i don't want to slip.. i thionk i will watch donnie darko before im turning in- i'we seen it befor so i dont have to think that much :P
If you die in Canada, you die in real life..!

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:59 am UTC

How can i possibly be drnuk. i've had a negroni and a beer and some dal makhani Oh me yarm how good is beer and chilli in combination. there goes tonights study and i've got exams on tuesday and wednesday. then wedding dress hopping on friday gods help me. I hope I have more firefly dreams that was coll. :P
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

MotorToad
Really Repeatedly Redundantly Redundant

Postby MotorToad » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:06 am UTC

I'm stone-cold sober at my dad's house. SOMEONE HELP! :D

I think I might have to go get some beers...
What did you bring the book I didn't want read out of up for?
"MAN YOUR WAY TO ANAL!" (An actual quote from another forum. Only four small errors from making sense.)

joff

Postby joff » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:06 am UTC

Amarantha wrote:How can i possibly be drnuk. i've had a negroni and a beer and some dal makhani Oh me yarm how good is beer and chilli in combination. there goes tonights study and i've got exams on tuesday and wednesday. then wedding dress hopping on friday gods help me. I hope I have more firefly dreams that was coll. :P

Maybe Chilli beer is a Melbourne thing? My crazy PhD-doing workmate rants on and on about it all the time.....
mostly_true_comics wrote:...we're forgetting about the geopolitical ramifications of such an incursion. If you think the Morloks, Molemen, and Lord Kinbote are going to sit still while you tunnel through their territory, think again.

28/♂/hetero/NZ

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:11 am UTC

Driking alone really isn't all it's cracked up to be. THough my apartment is a bit cleaner than it was when I started, which was the plan all along.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:55 am UTC

joff wrote:
Amarantha wrote:i've had a negroni and a beer and some dal makhani Oh me yarm how good is beer and chilli in combination.

Maybe Chilli beer is a Melbourne thing? My crazy PhD-doing workmate rants on and on about it all the time.....

It wasn't chilli beer I was drinking last night; I was just enjoying the combination of food-with-chilli-in (dal makhani) and beer. But I have had various chilli beers and they really are lovely :) I also make my own (Alberto's Locoto) chilli vodka for Bloody Marys :P
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

joff

Postby joff » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:43 am UTC

Amarantha wrote:I also make my own (Alberto's Locoto) chilli vodka for Bloody Marys :P

Oooo now that's an idea I can get behind..... wanna make me one?
mostly_true_comics wrote:...we're forgetting about the geopolitical ramifications of such an incursion. If you think the Morloks, Molemen, and Lord Kinbote are going to sit still while you tunnel through their territory, think again.

28/♂/hetero/NZ

snafubar

Postby snafubar » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:17 am UTC

Posting with a lot of typos does not necessarily imply being drunk, nor does being drunk necessarily imply a lot of typos. Being drunk may require a little more use of the backspace key than normal but it's no real excuse for typing badly. Typing a forum post with a ton of typos to me implies that you're trying to make it seem like you're drunk (whether you are or not) by not even trying to type well. Unless you're so drunk you're on the verge of puking or passing out, I typed a few interesting things in IRC once in that state. I am intoxicated while typing this, it's fair game to the thread. I had some vodka tonic and then appletini, and now some vodka with grapefruit juice (but over a period of time so I admit I'm not incredibly drunk). Yes they sound like chick drinks, I am a chick, but I mix fairly strongly.

But seriously, even if I was blacked out drunk off my ass, seeing posts rife with unnecessary typos is not that entertaining (not to mention this forum has built in spell check so all you have to do to fix them is right click on the red underlined things...)
We are god's unwanted children, so be it!

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:21 pm UTC

The underlines are from firefox, not from the forum.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

ishikiri

Postby ishikiri » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:31 pm UTC

snafubar wrote:Posting with a lot of typos does not necessarily imply being drunk, nor does being drunk necessarily imply a lot of typos. Being drunk may require a little more use of the backspace key than normal but it's no real excuse for typing badly. Typing a forum post with a ton of typos to me implies that you're trying to make it seem like you're drunk (whether you are or not) by not even trying to type well. Unless you're so drunk you're on the verge of puking or passing out, I typed a few interesting things in IRC once in that state. I am intoxicated while typing this, it's fair game to the thread. I had some vodka tonic and then appletini, and now some vodka with grapefruit juice (but over a period of time so I admit I'm not incredibly drunk). Yes they sound like chick drinks, I am a chick, but I mix fairly strongly.

But seriously, even if I was blacked out drunk off my ass, seeing posts rife with unnecessary typos is not that entertaining (not to mention this forum has built in spell check so all you have to do to fix them is right click on the red underlined things...)

Just get trollied and start posting. Most of the really bad posts will probably be the best of about 10 goes, then fixed up a little bit, then given up on with the phrase "aaahhh thas'll do" while they try and keep their head up.
clintonius wrote:The "thwak thwak thwak" in this movie makes me think they cranked up a powerpoint slideshow of angry pictures set to the soundtrack of a furious masturbator.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:18 am UTC

So, I drank a bit tonight. And I'm quite happy. Holy fuck am I happy. I couldn't stop smiling at the bar, and then I laughed, and couldn't stop laughing at these two guys who tired to hit on me.

Luckily my more attractive friend tried to help by grinding against me, which only made them try and hit on her instead. Still couldn't stop laughing.

Much fun was had.

I should crash soon.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:01 pm UTC

I wouldn't say I'm drnuk exactly, but a goblet of Chimay red deserves a mention for sheer awesomeness :mrgreen:

Now I'm going to make a dirty martini (thanks to the cocktails thread), but I won't be psoting once I've finished it.
*relaxes for rest of evening*

3fj

Postby 3fj » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:52 pm UTC

segmentation fault wrote:jager is really disgusting...

Erm... arn't most spirits when you drink them straight?

Isn't that the point
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

Thirsting

Postby Thirsting » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:26 pm UTC

I was trying to find this thread while very drunk yesterday, but couldn't despite considerable efforts. I'd be little bit (much less) drunk again tonight, but have to go in a minute to take money from other drunkards.. uh, working.

And Jägermeister straight and cold is The Drink.

I'd also like to recommend some coffee liquour + hot hot chocolate + mint chocolate ice cream -mix. Yum.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:48 pm UTC

3fj wrote:
segmentation fault wrote:jager is really disgusting...

Erm... arn't most spirits when you drink them straight?

Isn't that the point

Oh, it's sad that you think that! No, most spirits should be completely delicious when straight -- THAT is the point! Jaegar is an abomination of humanity. Talisker, on the other hand, is a bloody miracle.

Off to finish the last couple inches of a jug of rum. This much drink in a regular bottle would have a minimal effect on me, so I'm excited to see what the double-wide does :) perhaps I'll post when I find out
kira wrote:*piles up some limbs and blood and a couple hearts for good measure*
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.
*...pokes at it with a stick*

Quadropus

Postby Quadropus » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:44 pm UTC

clintonius wrote:a jug of rum. This much drink in a regular bottle would have a minimal effect on me, so I'm excited to see what the double-wide does :) perhaps I'll post when I find out

Must've been good judging from the lack of another post...

I will probably post later when I am drunk (on a Monday night... Yay school :|); be warned Internet, I have no mercy.

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:47 pm UTC

No good drunk stories involving myself. Never been drunk -- not for lack of trying, it just turns out I have a ridiculous tolerance for alcohol considering I almost never consume any.

Anyhow, this story is from a guy I used to work with, and it's one of my favorites. He started the story talking about a girl he had a huge crush on and how they hung out alot, but that he was never brave enough to do anything about it. Anyhow, I guess one night he was at a party with some friends (she wasn't there) and he got good and drunk. The next day he found out, much to his dismay, that he'd called her at some point that evening. And, apparently, during the conversation he said, "sometimes I think about you when I masturbate."
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 pm UTC

Well my typing still appears accurate but my mind is wandering, damn you time limit on wine/vinegar.
Tomorrow i'm gonna be worse for wear and no-one in my house is going to know why.
I may play rockband online drunk, as alcohol can only improve my timing.

Frello

Postby Frello » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:13 pm UTC

"Oh, why can't I never browse the xkcd forum when I'm drunkish" - Oh, I just did!

Anyway, I guess the right way to do this thread woulbd be to not delete anything, you have written - be it typos, faulty grammar or bad translations. KJust like the Vikings did it...except it co, wrong, they could "erase&replace!" stuff with their hammer-thing. In Denmark, we call it a "mejsel". Wow, I'm lol'ling at this. Anyway, this way you would captuer more of the stupifiyngly stupid/fascinatingly fascist thoughts that wouldn't, under normal circumstances, make it all the way from the person-oin-questions bainr. I know everyone make these fayults normmally, too. But when you're drunk, they become more frequent + who would post any of this gibberish when sober? i know I wouldn't.

Anyway, I'm happy. With thae magic tof time, this will all be turned into a loving memory in the morningl.
I wonder gow many typos people make with a normal keyboard compared to that white/grey Mac keyboard that I am writing on right now. Anyway, I like it. Gosh, som many anyways...

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:26 am UTC

Quadropus wrote:
clintonius wrote:a jug of rum. This much drink in a regular bottle would have a minimal effect on me, so I'm excited to see what the double-wide does :) perhaps I'll post when I find out

Must've been good judging from the lack of another post...

Oh, you have no idea!

I'm on roughly my 5th gin of the night (plus three beers), so hooray for Tuesdays!
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.

cwoodin

Postby cwoodin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:51 am UTC

Berengal wrote:
Savoy_Truffle wrote:I have a friend who can knit while drunk. I admire her immensely.

She should recieve a nobel prize. Especially if she knits at bars and the like while drunk.

Jäger is tasty straight, in my opinion. I'm a sucker for spirits though, even bare vodka (though admittedly that IS better mixed).

Oh god, in my opinion bare vodka isn't even in the same league of grossness as straight Jäger. I drank with some germans once who assumed my friend and I didn't know what vodka was when we drank it straight (they had crappy mixing ingredients)
He said he never tells a lie!
He was lying about that.

Shakes

Postby Shakes » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:42 pm UTC

Though not currently drunk, here are some previous after-morning thoughts that have led me to believe that I was quite inebriated the night before ('cause sometimes, let's face it, you really do forget):

-"who are all you people" along with, "where am I?" are fairly standard thoughts
-"Why am I sleeping on my face?"
-"Why are my underpants inside-out"
-"Hmm, I certainly don't remember leaving my dinner in the bathroom sink..."
-"Either I went out reeeeeallly late last night, or I have learned to drink in my sleep... Either way, it's 9am, time for work, and I'm drunk. crap."

Also, finding out later that day that you barged into your room mate's room and passed out in his closet is usually a pretty good sign that you were well on your way the night before...

dracharys

Postby dracharys » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:49 pm UTC

Anyone else get paranoid about organ thieves when out drinking?
When you see the robot, drink!

Shakes

Postby Shakes » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:57 pm UTC

dracharys wrote:Anyone else get paranoid about organ thieves when out drinking?

Wait... Like the instrument, or your kidneys?

either way, yes to both.

dracharys

Postby dracharys » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:02 am UTC

Shakes wrote:
dracharys wrote:Anyone else get paranoid about organ thieves when out drinking?

Wait... Like the instrument, or your kidneys?

either way, yes to both.

If I ever had the instrument they made off with it years ago so it's going to have to be my kidneys.
When you see the robot, drink!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:05 am UTC

No. Because I'm not naive enough to believe every idiotic urban legend I hear.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Shakes

Postby Shakes » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:19 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:No. Because I'm not naive enough to believe every idiotic urban legend I hear.

Ahh, those were the good old days... Many a good foot pedal was stolen, always a key here and there, and occasionally a nice pipe. You can't get away with such hooliganism nowadays, no way. And so, it has become a thing of legends, some might say urban legends...
...but I still look over my shoulder every time I happen back to my old haunts. Still worried that the old calliope on the back of my trailer just might go missing as soon as I turn my back...

maybe I'm just crazy,
but most likely I'm just having a bit of fun :wink:

MotorToad
Really Repeatedly Redundantly Redundant

Postby MotorToad » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:49 am UTC

If I had a nickel for every time my piano was stolen in a bar... Never an organ, though. The pipes make them all but unportable.
What did you bring the book I didn't want read out of up for?
"MAN YOUR WAY TO ANAL!" (An actual quote from another forum. Only four small errors from making sense.)

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:58 am UTC

Shakes wrote:Though not currently drunk, here are some previous after-morning thoughts that have led me to believe that I was quite inebriated the night before ('cause sometimes, let's face it, you really do forget):

-"who are all you people" along with, "where am I?" are fairly standard thoughts
-"Why am I sleeping on my face?"
-"Why are my underpants inside-out"
-"Hmm, I certainly don't remember leaving my dinner in the bathroom sink..."
-"Either I went out reeeeeallly late last night, or I have learned to drink in my sleep... Either way, it's 9am, time for work, and I'm drunk. crap."

Also, finding out later that day that you barged into your room mate's room and passed out in his closet is usually a pretty good sign that you were well on your way the night before...

"So. . . can I come by later to pick up my underwear?"
and
"Do you happen to know why I woke up at 9am on New Year's Day ON THE SUBWAY, 140 BLOCKS FROM WHERE WE STARTED THE NIGHT" were some of my better ones, along with "Wow. I wish I wouldn't have been punched by that cop. The black eye is going to be hard to explain during my first day as a teacher."
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.

Easton

Postby Easton » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:46 am UTC

Thoroughly buzzed now, debating via text messages with a friend of alternative persuasion whether or not to go hit a bar of similar nonlinear angles.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:54 am UTC

I am quite drunk right now.
my fingers barely listen to my commands.

sleep time approaches

Mat

Postby Mat » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:10 am UTC

hmm i think i belong in this thread for a while.

yes sleep is also good though

zzz

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:35 am UTC

I was bored. We have lots of Carlsberg downstairs... why not?

I am comfortably sloshed. :D
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Account20151023

Postby Account20151023 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:47 am UTC

SHITCHEAH!

I was worried there'd be no place for me. I can do minimal damage here.

Return to “General”