why nerdy girls sucks (and not in the good way)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
ruderalis
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:24 pm UTC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

why nerdy girls sucks (and not in the good way)

Postby ruderalis » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am UTC

On a recommendation from a friend I went to an Improv Club meetup at my local uni. "These girls are nerdy and into anime," he said. I thought that would be right up my alley, seeing as how I spend all my free time alone on the computer. Anyway, I found myself surrounded by a bunch of Jeneane Garafalo look-a-likes wearing plaid and thick-rimmed glasses, talking about how awesome Will Farrel is, and how rap music should be relegated to lesser species. As high as I was I could find no comfort among these people. There was one quiet girl with moderately good fashion sense who seemed interesting, at least until she opened her mouth. I used to think social maladjustment was cute and somewhat attractive, but after this experience I've come to view a nerd/nerd relationship as incestuous and just plain wrong. Have you ever seen the guy who writes Megatokyo and his wife interact? It's horrible. They're stupid and they deserve each other.

So to all you guys who are lonely and want someone to share your pain, look elsewhere. Nerdy girls will leave you bleeding and alone, reeling from their vapidity.
Last edited by ruderalis on Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:35 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Misty morning, clouds in the sky. Without warning, a wizard walks by.

tylerwylie
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:23 am UTC
Location: Champaign, IL
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby tylerwylie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:10 am UTC

Nice title 8)
The reason I don't go for nerdy girls is the last thing I want to talk about in a relationship is what I have to do at work. When I'm hanging out with members of the opposite sex I'd much rather be talking about anything else than computers or nerdy stuff in general.

Girls that know next to nothing about computers equal hot.
Who are you and who am I
To say we know the reason why?
Some are born; some men die
Beneath one infinite sky.
There'll be war, there'll be peace.
But everything one day will cease.
All the iron turned to rust;
All the proud men turned to dust.

User avatar
ruderalis
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:24 pm UTC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby ruderalis » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:11 am UTC

tylerwylie wrote:Nice title 8)
The reason I don't go for nerdy girls is the last thing I want to talk about in a relationship is what I have to do at work. When I'm hanging out with members of the opposite sex I'd much rather be talking about anything else than computers or nerdy stuff in general.

Girls that know next to nothing about computers equal hot.

Indeed, well said. And nice avatar.
Misty morning, clouds in the sky. Without warning, a wizard walks by.

User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
Posts: 30450
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby Belial » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:29 am UTC

Congratulations. You went out and met some people you didn't like. You're telling us this why?
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.


They/them

User avatar
ruderalis
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:24 pm UTC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby ruderalis » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:30 am UTC

Belial wrote:Congratulations. You went out and met some people you didn't like. You're telling us this why?

As a warning to others. You're welcome.
Misty morning, clouds in the sky. Without warning, a wizard walks by.

User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
Posts: 30450
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby Belial » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:31 am UTC

I'll take it under advisement not to go to the improv club at your local uni.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.


They/them

User avatar
fragsta
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:17 am UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby fragsta » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:40 am UTC

Belial wrote:I'll take it under advisement not to go to the improv club at your local uni.


Ditto. My girlfriend is pretty nerdy at times. She's not unusual by normal person standards, but she has some quite nerdish tendencies. Astrophysics student, likes computer games, quite handy with a PC, over-analyses situations that other people would see as quite mundane, and I like her for these things and more. And personality-wise, she's not boring, or stereotypical, which seems to be how you describe these girls. They don't sound too nerdy. They sound like extreme indiekids.

User avatar
ruderalis
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:24 pm UTC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby ruderalis » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:49 am UTC

fragsta wrote:
Belial wrote:I'll take it under advisement not to go to the improv club at your local uni.


Ditto. My girlfriend is pretty nerdy at times. She's not unusual by normal person standards, but she has some quite nerdish tendencies. Astrophysics student, likes computer games, quite handy with a PC, over-analyses situations that other people would see as quite mundane, and I like her for these things and more. And personality-wise, she's not boring, or stereotypical, which seems to be how you describe these girls. They don't sound too nerdy. They sound like extreme indiekids.

I see you're an expert on nerds, and proud of it. I used to have this problem too, and would exclude others from my from my precious cabal. Now that I'm a little older I see people as they are, and when they fit a stereotype and flaunt that fact, it just annoys me.
Misty morning, clouds in the sky. Without warning, a wizard walks by.

@trophy
Posts: 1684
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:32 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby @trophy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:19 am UTC

ruderalis wrote:Anyway, I found myself surrounded by a bunch of Jeneane Garafalo look-a-likes wearing plaid and thick-rimmed glasses, talking about how awesome Will Farrel is, and how rap music should be relegated to lesser species.


Just for the record, Janeane Garofalo is hot. And you forgot to talk to these girls about... oh, I don't know... IMPROV! Which is definitely in the running for "The most fun you can have with your clothes on."

You fail.
Insignificant Deification wrote:Because, sometimes, you've gotta have a taste of vulva

User avatar
ruderalis
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:24 pm UTC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby ruderalis » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:22 am UTC

@trophy wrote:
ruderalis wrote:Anyway, I found myself surrounded by a bunch of Jeneane Garafalo look-a-likes wearing plaid and thick-rimmed glasses, talking about how awesome Will Farrel is, and how rap music should be relegated to lesser species.


Just for the record, Janeane Garofalo is hot. And you forgot to talk to these girls about... oh, I don't know... IMPROV! Which is definitely in the running for "The most fun you can have with your clothes on."

You fail.

Oh, you.
Misty morning, clouds in the sky. Without warning, a wizard walks by.

User avatar
Heather
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:28 pm UTC
Location: Bahhhhhhstin
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby Heather » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:34 am UTC

tylerwylie wrote:Girls that know next to nothing about computers equal hot.


So, being a sysadmin, I must be the ugliest thing on the planet! :P

@trophy
Posts: 1684
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:32 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby @trophy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:40 am UTC

rtrgrrl wrote:
tylerwylie wrote:Girls that know next to nothing about computers equal hot.


So, being a sysadmin, I must be the ugliest thing on the planet! :P


Your avatar begs to differ. :wink:
Insignificant Deification wrote:Because, sometimes, you've gotta have a taste of vulva

User avatar
jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:30 am UTC

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby jmrz » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:28 pm UTC

ruderalis wrote: "These girls are nerdy and into anime," he said. I thought that would be right up my alley, seeing as how I spend all my free time alone on the computer. Anyway, I found myself surrounded by a bunch of Jeneane Garafalo look-a-likes wearing plaid and thick-rimmed glasses, talking about how awesome Will Farrel is, and how rap music should be relegated to lesser species.


As a start, good on you for getting out of the house and off your backside and trying something new. Now, more importantly, your first mention of the girls you met is about their appearance. Who honestly cares? So what if they have thick-rimmed glasses, perhaps they like how they look? Perhaps these glasses suit them really well and many other people have complimented them on them? They are glasses, they assist these most likely lovely ladies, to see the world like everyone else. Just because they are thick-rimmed glasses does not instantly mean that the woman wearing them is a nerd. Further to that, who cares what they are wearing? I mean, you attended an improv club, not a black-tie dinner.

My next point. Whether or not these particular ladies in question were described as "nerdy" or not, they are allowed to discuss any matter of conversation that pleases them. Whether that be the awesomeness of Will Farrel, how they may or may not like rap music, or how the weather is making their skin react horribly, it doesn't matter. If these women are nerds, so be it. Nerds are people too. People are allowed to have conversations of any manner they wish. If they were making offensive (in terms of discrimination) comments towards you, then I may understand why you are complaining.

ruderalis wrote:As high as I was I could find no comfort among these people. There was one quiet girl with moderately good fashion sense who seemed interesting, at least until she opened her mouth. I used to think social maladjustment was cute and somewhat attractive, but after this experience I've come to view a nerd/nerd relationship as incestuous and just plain wrong. Have you ever seen the guy who writes Megatokyo and his wife interact? It's horrible. They're stupid and they deserve each other.


As Belial said, so you've found a group of people you didn't enjoy spending time with. That does not mean that everyone else with similar interests is going to be the same. Also, fashion sense is a completely ridiculous and judgmental way of looking at someone. As I said earlier, it was an improv group. Obviously these girls were not out and about looking for people to compliment them on an amazing outfit. They were out looking to relax, have fun and enjoy the company of other people who share their interests. I'd also like you to define "social maladjustment" because it seems as if you are implying that these ladies were some kind of alien species who had no right to socialise with you. I mean, seriously, can you get any more pretentious?

So what, you met a whole bunch of people you didn't get along with the first time you came into contact with them. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE. This also does not give you any right to criticise others for their choice of how they outwardly express and define themselves. So what if a girl is a nerd? I'm a nerd. I am damn proud of it and I am sure the women you met were too. I am also pretty damn sure that if they read your post they would be as offended as I am. There is nothing wrong with two "nerds" having a relationship, nor is it incestuous in anyway unless they are already family in some way and nor is it wrong.

ruderalis wrote:So to all you guys who are lonely and want someone to share your pain, look elsewhere. Nerdy girls will leave you bleeding and alone, reeling from their vapidity.


You have no right to say anything along these lines. For one, you have just passed a blanket judgement on a group of people who may or may not define themselves that way. Secondly, you have just offended one nerd girl (i.e. me) who if something like this had been said to her in person, would have promptly kicked your ass then and there. Not all women are nerds. Not all nerds are women. Nerds are people. Women are people. Deal with the fact that in life, there may be people you don't like. And some of them may or may not be vapid, but please, enough with the sweeping generalisations or one day, someone will leave you bleeding and alone and they will be the ones reeling from your vapidity, not theirs.
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby podbaydoor » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:57 pm UTC

Count me in the offended camp. Chances are these girls thought you were a pretentious asshole.

Also, social maladjustment != vapid. I have no idea where you're getting that correlation.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
hyperion
"I'll show ye...."
Posts: 1569
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:16 pm UTC
Location: Perth

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby hyperion » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:00 pm UTC

ruderalis wrote:<rant>

What's a dickhead like you doing in a classy joint like this?

I'm obligated to give an actual argument, but I think jmrz said it best.
Peshmerga wrote:A blow job would probably get you a LOT of cheeseburgers.
But I digress.

User avatar
fragsta
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:17 am UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby fragsta » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:05 pm UTC

ruderalis wrote:
fragsta wrote:
Belial wrote:I'll take it under advisement not to go to the improv club at your local uni.


Ditto. My girlfriend is pretty nerdy at times. She's not unusual by normal person standards, but she has some quite nerdish tendencies. Astrophysics student, likes computer games, quite handy with a PC, over-analyses situations that other people would see as quite mundane, and I like her for these things and more. And personality-wise, she's not boring, or stereotypical, which seems to be how you describe these girls. They don't sound too nerdy. They sound like extreme indiekids.

I see you're an expert on nerds, and proud of it. I used to have this problem too, and would exclude others from my from my precious cabal. Now that I'm a little older I see people as they are, and when they fit a stereotype and flaunt that fact, it just annoys me.


I don't claim to be an expert on nerds. But the girls you described don't sound like nerd to me, that's all. And don't start judging me based on one thing I said. I'm not the type to shun people because they don't match my personality to a certain degree.

At the end of the day, we can both agree that these girls probably didn't sound too cool. Don't look for nerdy girls - just look for girls who might have nerdish tendencies if that's what you're into. Girls who like anime may be a good place to start but this time you just didn't hit gold. It doesn't mean all "nerdy" girls are closed-minded bitches who flaunt a stereotype.

EDIT: Err, yeah. jmrz said it best ¬_¬

tylerwylie
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:23 am UTC
Location: Champaign, IL
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby tylerwylie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:20 pm UTC

rtrgrrl wrote:
tylerwylie wrote:Girls that know next to nothing about computers equal hot.


So, being a sysadmin, I must be the ugliest thing on the planet! :P

Possibly if we can carry on a conversation about sysadmin duties.
Who are you and who am I
To say we know the reason why?
Some are born; some men die
Beneath one infinite sky.
There'll be war, there'll be peace.
But everything one day will cease.
All the iron turned to rust;
All the proud men turned to dust.

darwinwins
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:56 am UTC
Location: the bible belt (of death)
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby darwinwins » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:42 pm UTC

my suggestion to the world would be to avoid nerdy girls and art geeks. shoot for the stars -- go science or go bust.
"if you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. that's the world of hicks and slobs. " - haruki murakami

User avatar
Fossa
Posts: 1080
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:04 am UTC
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby Fossa » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:04 pm UTC

Belial said it in a nice way. Jmrz said it in a precise way. I'm going to put it in terms you can most likely understand:

You are an idiot.

You are pretentious, judgemental, and a complete and utter fool to write off a group of girls for the reasons you gave. *You* are applying a broad based stereotype to them, they are not "toting one". You took one look at most of them and heard a snippet or two of conversation from some of them, and based on that lumped them into a category you found objectionable. And you're apparently proud of yourself for doing so. /golfclap

Furthermore, the "Now that I'm older" line, how old are you, exactly? If you're still in uni you're younger than quite a few people here including most of the ones who are tearing your posts apart. This is especially true since your post includes the phrase "As high as I was" and even more likely since you seem to be attempting to defend rap music.

You're giving us a warning against nerdy girls? On the contrary, I think you're simply proving and are declaring to the world that you are undeserving of an intelligent SO.

P.S.

I happen to think thick rimmed glasses are unbelievably attractive.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students
Posts: 4399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am UTC
Location: The Daily Bugle

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:16 pm UTC

And now I'm going to say it while referencing obscure avant garde bands from the seventies, because jmrz was too scared.

You are like a modern day Chêne Noir, overly pretentious and liked by few. Becoming more like Bise de Buse would be a major improvement, but pretty much anything without actors being fucktards would be an improvement.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

User avatar
litework
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:29 am UTC

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby litework » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:04 pm UTC

Fossa wrote: Belial said it in a nice way. Jmrz said it in a precise way. I'm going to put it in terms you can most likely understand:

You are an idiot.


Yeah, well, it's all been said, so I have no more to add except for one minor detail: THIS is the LAST place any person with a miligram of sense would post why nerdy girls suck. Oh, I just have to say I particularly enjoyed this phrase, fossa:

Fossa wrote:I think you're simply proving and are declaring to the world that you are undeserving of an intelligent SO.
:D

Yay for people who look beyond "first impressions" and stereotypical descriptions to take the time to get to know what people are really about.
Question Without Fear

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6432
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby Moo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:15 pm UTC

why a few people I met sucked (and then I lumped almost half the people in this subculture into one box regardless of their personalities and interests)
fixed.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
wing
the /b/slayer
Posts: 1876
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:56 am UTC

Re: why ruderalis sucks (and not in the good way)

Postby wing » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:18 pm UTC

Hey, guys. I know this is going to come as a shock to some of you, but limiting the field artificially ("Nerdy girls = bad thing" or "Nerdy girls = the only thing") based on a couple of experiences is going to severely harm the probabilities of your ever finding a fulfilling relationship.

Also, why is it the guys that set out LOOKING for love and romance that always end up with the sad-sack stories resulting in stupid conclusions like this one? Actually, now that I think about it, my esteemed friend Nathan made an observation about this yesterday. Let me see if I can dig up the exact quote...

(06:33:32 PM) Nathan: Thats how it works though. The d00ds who put the most effort into some retarded goal of "MUST GET LAID ASAP" always end up with the most failtacular way of getting there
(06:33:56 PM) Nathan: Whereas everyone else who just stumbles into it doesnt understand what all the effort is about


And there you have it. Also note that the use of the word "d00ds" was derogatory.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby Cheese » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:22 pm UTC

tylerwylie wrote:Girls that know next to nothing about computers equal hot.
This doesn't mean that girls that do know things about computers aren't hot. And I much prefer to be around people who have some idea what I'm talking about when I explain things than to have to oversimplify everything to the point of being patronising (or at least to the point at which I feel like I'm being patronising).
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:51 am UTC
Location: Bergen, Norway
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby Berengal » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:30 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:
tylerwylie wrote:Girls that know next to nothing about computers equal hot.
This doesn't mean that girls that do know things about computers aren't hot. And I much prefer to be around people who have some idea what I'm talking about when I explain things than to have to oversimplify everything to the point of being patronising (or at least to the point at which I feel like I'm being patronising).
((and even then they don't get it)).

Seriously, this is a much worse turnoff than any amount of knowledge about anything could ever be.
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

User avatar
Azrael
CATS. CATS ARE NICE.
Posts: 6491
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:16 am UTC
Location: Boston

Re: why nerdy girls suck (and not in the good way)

Postby Azrael » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:34 pm UTC

litework wrote:THIS is the LAST place any person with a milligram of sense would post why nerdy girls suck.
I find that it's typically because they're aroused, or have been asked politely.

User avatar
The Spherical Cow
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:10 pm UTC
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: why ruderalis sucks (and not in the good way)

Postby The Spherical Cow » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:35 pm UTC

ruderalis wrote:On a recommendation from a friend I went to an Improv Club meetup at my local uni. "These girls are nerdy and into anime," he said. I thought that would be right up my alley, seeing as how I spend all my free time alone on the computer.

I think this explains a lot.

Also, I approve of the thread name change.

User avatar
wing
the /b/slayer
Posts: 1876
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:56 am UTC

Re: why ruderalis sucks (and not in the good way)

Postby wing » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:44 pm UTC

The Spherical Cow wrote:Also, I approve of the thread name change.

LOL, I didn't even notice. I had to check the subject header on the early replies to spot it.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

User avatar
null
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:14 pm UTC

Re: why ruderalis sucks (and not in the good way)

Postby null » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:18 pm UTC

On the topic of nerd relationships...I think dating nerds is hard work. I would much rather date people because we get on well and i enjoy going out with them, and i generally find these people are not particularly nerdy....as all my nerdy friends stay in and dont socialise enough/much/at all.

I think people need to be careful with the words nerd and geek. To me they imply a lack of social skills, which, obviously makes dating and meeting people pretty difficult! I think for those of us that enjoy studying and have a background interest in physics, chemisty, maths, programming etc etc there is no excuse to say that dating non-nerds is difficult or impossible.

With a bit of self-disciplin, you can train yourself to not discuss DDR3, the Carnot cycle and Graham's number with your friends. I am a great proponent of hiding my geeky-ness, unless other people want to discuss a geeky topic. As a result i find it much easier to socialise with many people who frown upon geeks. Sure these people may be shallow and wrong, but i can forgive and look past their predjudices. I have met plenty of very clever people who frown upon geeks, but actually do have a slightly geeky side to them. I find nothing more rewarding than discovering the intellectual in people who normally discuss Hollyoaks and fashion.

I guess its just a case of meeting the right people. In reply to the OP, it doesnt really sound like you got to know any of these girls. Maybe there was more to them than you initially assumed?

User avatar
ruderalis
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:24 pm UTC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls sucks (and not in the good way)

Postby ruderalis » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:38 pm UTC

I'd like to respond to all of you, but suffice it to say that I see my commentary was spot on and some of you little bitches got sand in your vaginas... which nerdy girls really need to shave more often.
Misty morning, clouds in the sky. Without warning, a wizard walks by.

User avatar
Celestial
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:07 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: why nerdy girls sucks (and not in the good way)

Postby Celestial » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:48 pm UTC

I believe that nerdy girls are not ugly they are beautiful because they dont follow the superficiality of other girls. Also nerdy girls have intelligence and are purely awesome and for you to say something like that is quite stupid and of course people will attack you... you might as well invest in some nice kittens and meet your doom of being alone .. if you see women in this light.. :)

and I congrat jmrz on what she said and belial.

User avatar
Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess
Posts: 3729
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:14 am UTC
Location: Through the mother@#$%ing looking glass.

Re: why nerdy girls sucks (and not in the good way)

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:51 pm UTC

There's really not much to say for this. Every segment of stupidity has been analyzed and discarded. So, I'm too late. Except to say: These people* are awesome, and I am proud to be part of their social club.

*People being loosely defined to any sentient posting creature on the xkcd fora, as not all of them are necessarily people. Some of the robots don't wear hats!
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

User avatar
biolution
Ken
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:05 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls sucks (and not in the good way)

Postby biolution » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:58 pm UTC

ruderalis wrote:On a recommendation from a friend I went to an Improv Club meetup at my local uni....bla bla bla...


These aren't nerdy girls...these are actors. Actors are a Bad Idea. Just trust me on that one.

That being said, well, the rest of the thread ripping into you is right.

User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
Posts: 30450
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls sucks (and not in the good way)

Postby Belial » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:15 pm UTC

ruderalis wrote:I'd like to respond to all of you, but suffice it to say that I see my commentary was spot on and some of you little bitches got sand in your vaginas... which nerdy girls really need to shave more often.


Oh, hey, look, a troll.

Banned. Locked. Etcetera.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.


They/them

User avatar
TheTankengine
Our Fora-father
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, KY
Contact:

Re: why nerdy girls sucks (and not in the good way)

Postby TheTankengine » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:24 pm UTC

I feel that I should note (out of pure ego and for bragging rights, mind you) that my nerdy girl is quite strikingly beautiful, rather witty and extremely intelligent as well as talented. She is also not above gettind down and dirty.

So, basically, nerdy girls ROCK!
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shro and 19 guests