Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

I Am Raven

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby I Am Raven » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:14 pm UTC

Confession: I am totally obsessed with Girl, though I have not even seen her. Ever. Not even on photo's. I don't know what's going on.
Ptolom wrote:penis

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:24 pm UTC

Confession: Oh me yarm Oh me yarm Oh me yarm I have boobs!
Confession2: I also have a teeth induced migraine...
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:26 pm UTC

DJorgensen wrote:Confession: Oh me yarm Oh me yarm Oh me yarm I have boobs!

*glomp*yay!
*does the boob dance with DJ, though hers are probably already larger than mine... even though i've been on hormones for a year...*
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

sje46

Postby sje46 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

Confession:
I thought DJ was a dude.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:54 pm UTC

He She was :shock:

edit - isn't this, like, at least the second time I've enlightened someone about DJ's gender? Man, am I the only motherfucker that pays attention around here? :?
The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

sje46

Postby sje46 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:57 pm UTC

I don't lurk enough. So is DJ a transexual? Did this just happen?
Is this what is going on?
I guess I have to say congratulations, DJ. I wish I had boobs too. Not on my body though.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:59 pm UTC

sje46 wrote:I don't lurk enough. So is DJ a transexual? Did this just happen?

No, I think he offended a gypsy woman who placed a curse on him and now every full moon he sprouts breasts 0_o

I guess I have to say congratulations, DJ. I wish I had boobs too. Not on my body though.

Isn't this what every man wants?
The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:13 pm UTC

Ugh, guys, you're being a bit insensitive. Transpeople fight hard to be addressed by the correct pronouns and it makes me wince to see cispeople neglect that.

Congrats D! Boobs are some of the funnest things there are, and are very useful when you wish to snuggle with others.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:20 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:

*glomp*yay!
*does the boob dance with DJ, though hers are probably already larger than mine... even though i've been on hormones for a year...*

I've got one big one. Well... prolly like AA. The other is just too busy being jealous to react....
That bigger one was the bigger one before though - not sure why (probably due to attention). I just started hormones :3

sje46 wrote:I don't lurk enough. So is DJ a transexual? Did this just happen?

Thanks~
Yus I am trans, haven't really hid the fact here though... you must not have gotten the memo.
I'll make sure you get that memo to include the new cover letter on your TPS reports for next time.

Quixotess wrote:Ugh, guys, you're being a bit insensitive. Transpeople fight hard to be addressed by the correct pronouns and it makes me wince to see cispeople neglect that.

Congrats D! Boobs are some of the funnest things there are, and are very useful when you wish to snuggle with others.

Awwe thanks,
I often just ignore the pronouns things... partly because I don't care (since I understand the difficulty people have switching).
I realized last night that sleeping with boobs is so weird. Stupid gravity....
But snuggles are always appreciated~

EDIT: Fixxed ze doulbe poste
Last edited by DJorgensen on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:24 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

sje46

Postby sje46 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:24 pm UTC

Quixotess wrote:Ugh, guys, you're being a bit insensitive. Transpeople fight hard to be addressed by the correct pronouns and it makes me wince to see cispeople neglect that.

Wait? Was I insensitive? I wasn't trying to be. I think it's cool that DJ was brave enough to do that. And I didn't use any pronouns at all.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:25 pm UTC

DJorgensen wrote:I've got one big one. Well... prolly like AA. The other is just too busy being jealous to react....
That bigger one was the bigger one before though - not sure why (probably due to attention). I just started hormones :3

Eh. They're like feet. It'd be pretty unusual if they were the same size. I like my big soft left one with its bigger bluer areola, but I also try to be nice to the perkier pinker smaller one on the right.

DJorgensen wrote:I realized last night that sleeping with boobs is so weird. Stupid gravity....

HA! It's totally true! I always used to try to push them together while I was sleeping on my back...finally just learned to embrace the spread.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:40 pm UTC

sje46 wrote:
Wait? Was I insensitive? I wasn't trying to be. I think it's cool that DJ was brave enough to do that. And I didn't use any pronouns at all.
Some have no problems with being called She and occasionally Becky because that's what they were introduced to person X as even though they've finished transitioning to Male complete with reassignment surgery and have changed their name to Robert.

Some want everyone to immediately only address them as He and use their new chosen name of Carl even though they've only started the transition process and at this point have essentially just gotten a haircut and are in preliminary interviews to get on hormonal treatment. (I admit, my knowledge of the process is hazy at best, but I believe, in this country at least, that to get the hormonal treatments prescribed you have to have a couple of sessions with psychiatrist/psychologists (I can't remember which one) and have them deem you as psychologically fit for the gender reassignment process)

Most I'd say fall somewhere in between those two extremes. And there's no universal rule you can really use other than using pronouns of the gender being transitioned in to is preferred over pronouns of the gender being switched from - meaning that when in doubt, DJ is She.

That said, if you're essentially shoved in a room where everyone inside already kinda knows everyone else, you start to get to know other people and out of nowhere you see someone refer to an individual with what you believe to be an improper pronoun, odd questions arise.

Because this is a forum, however, you do have a tool that allows you to research what a person has previously said, even things that were said long before you showed up - being the Search User's Posts tool.

Now, whether or not that particular statement was offensive is a question that can only be answered by DJorgensen as it was a statement about DJorgensen. I forget how many trans individuals we have here on the forums, but I know there's a handful of them. Because I know that, I know they are, for the most part, open about the fact that they were born with one gender and are in the process of correcting that mistake or have already corrected it. So.. I guess what I'm saying is - due to that openness, if you believe someone is a transsexual, it's probably a good idea to search their posts for "trans" or "transsexual"
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

sje46

Postby sje46 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:50 pm UTC

@secondtalon:
You just told me a bunch of information that is unnecessary. I don't know why you typed half that stuff, because I was planning on calling DJ she, and only call her she. I never called her "he". I am asking where I said something offensive and you really didn't answer my question. You are telling me all this stuff about pronouns that I already know. DJ identifies as a she, therefore she is a she. I do not see where I called her a he.

My question was where was I offensive. I still do not see it. I said I thought DJ was a dude, because this is a confession thread, and that is a confession.

Sorry for not searching for "trans". I did not think it would actually be a big deal but the mods at these fora are especially moddy. I have to keep this in mind.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:56 pm UTC

the mods are only moddy when they're talking like this.

Any other time they're just a person because we like using this forum too and don't think it should be restricted from us because we happen to have a name of a different color.

I also type to the universal You 90% of the time. I usually use the person's name when I'm directing something at them. Because, you know, people who wander in later might find it useful.

Mostly I'm just happy that people are paying attention to me.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:57 pm UTC

This happens alot.

Rule of thumb: Whenever you read ST's posts that immediately follow yours, try to remind yourself that ST is often trying to address a crowd of readers, and you happen to be in the general vicinity. Even if some of it looks like he's addressing you directly. In other words, don't take it TOO personally.

Edit: aaaand ninjad

sje46

Postby sje46 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:02 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:the mods are only moddy when they're talking like this.

Any other time they're just a person because we like using this forum too and don't think it should be restricted from us because we happen to have a name of a different color.

I also type to the universal You 90% of the time. I usually use the person's name when I'm directing something at them. Because, you know, people who wander in later might find it useful.

Mostly I'm just happy that people are paying attention to me.

I mean you quoted my post, so I figured it was directed towards me. And you said all this stuff. I basically figured that you confused me with cyberia who used "he" to refer to DJ. I was just pointing that out because I don't like to get mistaken for other people.
It is cool that you are a mod. What I meant about the mods being moddy was that mods tend to be really concerned about people searching for posts and stuff. It makes me afraid to make posts sometimes because I think I'm going to get chastised.

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:13 pm UTC

Well live and learn, and then you get Luvs.

Ell

Postby Ell » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:43 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Mostly I'm just happy that people are paying attention to me.

So that's why you use that avatar...
<luke> you're too rational for a girl anyway

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:47 pm UTC

DJorgensen wrote:Yus I am trans, haven't really hid the fact here though... you must not have gotten the memo.

Huh, I didn't know you were trans. I just kinda assumed you were going for the androgyny thing. Learn something new almost every day.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:49 pm UTC

It's awesome seeing people learning things you thought were common knowledge.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:51 pm UTC

Confession: I fucking love ending my day at work in tears. Its every girl's dream. Whoohooo! I am so glad it finally came true.

Fuck you.
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:58 pm UTC

... Going back to the teddy bears, goddamnit, I love build-a-bear so much! I keep wandering in there and looking around, while the little kids back away from me and go silent.

Confession: I love that there is this circle around me which is impenetrable to small children.
Confession: I really, really want a build-a-bear, but I would feel bad and lonely about buying one for myself.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Affableprechaun

Postby Affableprechaun » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:00 pm UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:Confession: I fucking love ending my day at work in tears. Its every girl's dream. Whoohooo! I am so glad it finally came true.

Fuck you.

*Sigh.
I hate the time you are going through. You are ridiculously awesome, and deserve much better than the hurt you are getting.

I <3 you.
Last edited by Affableprechaun on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:00 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:00 pm UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:Confession: I fucking love ending my day at work in tears. Its every girl's dream. Whoohooo! I am so glad it finally came true.

Fuck you.

*hug*

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:06 pm UTC

*blush*
apparently I started something!
Female pronouns are indeed the most appropriate, but I never actually used male ones here...
I am somewhat surprised that there are those that didn't know - but I don't let my gender issues run my life. I am more than just a gender.

Quixotess wrote:
DJorgensen wrote:I've got one big one. Well... prolly like AA. The other is just too busy being jealous to react....

Eh. They're like feet. It'd be pretty unusual if they were the same size. I like my big soft left one with its bigger bluer areola, but I also try to be nice to the perkier pinker smaller one on the right.

DJorgensen wrote:I realized last night that sleeping with boobs is so weird. Stupid gravity....

HA! It's totally true! I always used to try to push them together while I was sleeping on my back...finally just learned to embrace the spread.

I always thought my feet were the same size... But I've seen enough nekkid girls to know that boobs are rarely even. ^^;
I don't think that my nipples/areola have changed much. Its mostly the budding/aching in the breast telling me that they are there ^^;;;; (yay)

As for sleeping, I always sleep on my side - though I may be changing it up to figure out how to make them less in the way!

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:09 pm UTC

Fuck you.
Eep, I didn't mean to miss that- *hugs*
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:22 pm UTC

Affableprechaun wrote:

Fuck you.

*Sigh.
I hate the time you are going through. You are ridiculously awesome, and deserve much better than the hurt you are getting.

I <3 you.

What he said, because there's no way I could put it any better myself.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:37 pm UTC

eternal luna wrote:... Going back to the teddy bears, goddamnit, I love build-a-bear so much! I keep wandering in there and looking around, while the little kids back away from me and go silent.

Confession: I love that there is this circle around me which is impenetrable to small children.
Confession: I really, really want a build-a-bear, but I would feel bad and lonely about buying one for myself.

My boyfriend hates build-a-bear. He thinks it is creepy and horrible. That makes me sad, because I would like to go in and make a bear. :(
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:56 pm UTC

DJorgensen wrote:*blush*
apparently I started something!
Female pronouns are indeed the most appropriate, but I never actually used male ones here...
I am somewhat surprised that there are those that didn't know - but I don't let my gender issues run my life. I am more than just a gender.

Quixotess wrote:

I always thought my feet were the same size... But I've seen enough nekkid girls to know that boobs are rarely even. ^^;
I don't think that my nipples/areola have changed much. Its mostly the budding/aching in the breast telling me that they are there ^^;;;; (yay)

As for sleeping, I always sleep on my side - though I may be changing it up to figure out how to make them less in the way!

I used to (and still do end up) sleeping on my stomach. This made the aching breasts a real pain (ha ha...).

My nipples I think have changed size. and man are they more tender now. Sooo much more tender. Just brushing them against things, and I'm VERY aware of them. I think my natural breasts have made it up to a solid A cup by now. So I'm happy.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:58 pm UTC

Cassi wrote:
eternal luna wrote:... Going back to the teddy bears, goddamnit, I love build-a-bear so much! I keep wandering in there and looking around, while the little kids back away from me and go silent.

My boyfriend hates build-a-bear. He thinks it is creepy and horrible. That makes me sad, because I would like to go in and make a bear. :(

Damn this nonsense, we should all go to Build a Bear some day. That sounds like a fine premise for a meet.

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:07 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:
Cassi wrote:

Damn this nonsense, we should all go to Build a Bear some day. That sounds like a fine premise for a meet.

I want a meet at build a bear... I wonder if there are enough interested parties in scotland to make it worthwhile :P
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

Raiku

Postby Raiku » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:08 pm UTC

Teapot wrote:
Cassi wrote:

I want a meet at build a bear... I wonder if there are enough interested parties in scotland to make it worthwhile :P

As strange as it may come across, I love that place!
I've never actually built a bear, but it's just such an awesome shop!
I want one with a raincoat...
And I'm one for a meet there-that'd be amazing!
And we'd probably keep them in buisness :P

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:10 pm UTC

Teapot wrote:
Cassi wrote:

Where's build a bear?

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:13 pm UTC

The Spherical Cow wrote:
Teapot wrote:
Cassi wrote:

Where's build a bear?

There are at least 2 in Edinburgh and there's one in Aberdeen. They used to be called the Bear Factory over here.
Moo wrote:

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:14 pm UTC

I see. I can't say I've ever heard of it. I'd be up for a Scotland meet-up again. Hopefully one I could attend, this time.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:17 pm UTC

14-Year-Old Shot And Killed
That was one of my girlfriend's friends.
Confession: I feel incredibly guilty for not being depressed about this, even though I had never heard of the kid before he died. I have no idea how to console her. At first it didn't seem like it was affecting her much, but later that night she called me, said, "I love you," and that was the extent of our conversation.
Confession: I'm a dick.
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:21 pm UTC

Fat Tony wrote:14-Year-Old Shot And Killed
That was one of my girlfriend's friends.
Confession: I feel incredibly guilty for not being depressed about this, even though I had never heard of the kid before he died. I have no idea how to console her. At first it didn't seem like it was affecting her much, but later that night she called me, said, "I love you," and that was the extent of our conversation.
Confession: I'm a dick.
You shouldn't feel like you should have to be depressed about the death of someone you have never met or heard of - I'd be surprised if you were. And just because you made a mistake about the extent your girlfriend was upset doesn't make you a dick - it just means you misjudged. You still have time to be there for her, if she needs you.

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:22 pm UTC

Teapot wrote:
Cassi wrote:

Well, I'm in Durham...I could get up to Scotland if there was the promise of a bear. :P
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:29 pm UTC

The Spherical Cow wrote:I see. I can't say I've ever heard of it. I'd be up for a Scotland meet-up again. Hopefully one I could attend, this time.

Definitely :)

*hugs for Fat Tony and his girlfriend*

Confession: I didn't tell my mum how badly I think I did in my music analysis exam because her text said "Do you think you have done enough to pass." and it makes me feel bad about not doing as much as I could have. I know if I tell her that she'll be disappointed, and that's worse than when she's angry or upset.

EDIT: *hugs for felltir*

Confession 2: I wish I could offer more than hugs for people, but I'm not feeling great about myself, so trying to help other people seems like it probably wouldn't work.

EDIT 2: Also I wish people would stop with the ninjas!
Moo wrote:

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:31 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:I used to (and still do end up) sleeping on my stomach. This made the aching breasts a real pain (ha ha...).

My nipples I think have changed size. and man are they more tender now. Sooo much more tender. Just brushing them against things, and I'm VERY aware of them. I think my natural breasts have made it up to a solid A cup by now. So I'm happy.

I think that I was sleeping on top of a pillow on my stomach last night. I have lots of pillows and really really like pillows ^^;
My nipples are certainly more sensitive... more than when they were pierced a few years ago (of which I retired them back in 2007 in my hopes of getting on hormones back then)

Return to “General”