Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

eternal luna

Re: Confessions Thread - Large Hadron Confider

Postby eternal luna » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:43 am UTC

Confession: I don't think I'm as far out of depression as I thought myself to be.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

HarleyQuinn

Postby HarleyQuinn » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:16 am UTC

This thread makes me feel like less of a misfit because I can honestly spew all of my thoughts without worrying about being judged, hurting anyone, or having any confessions used against me.
Its a load off my mind as well as a way of going around my trust issues and probably minor paranoia (which is still not heath, but "keeping things in gives you cancer" [; )
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

PhantomReality

Postby PhantomReality » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:25 am UTC

That was awesome to hear Harley. Sometimes I think the XKCD fora are a shining light in the darkness of the internet. The antithesis to 4chan if you will.

And gelsamel I wasn't trying to belittle or trivialize your existence, perhaps my sentiment wasn't very well thought out. I just meant that if you've never felt overwhelmed by life, a little scared by your own existence, and wanted a way out, then there's just a lot going on that you don't know about. Something makes me highly doubt you've never felt any of things.
DROP ACID NOT BOMBS.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:40 am UTC

PhantomReality wrote:I just meant that if you've never felt overwhelmed by life, a little scared by your own existence, and wanted a way out, then there's just a lot going on that you don't know about. Something makes me highly doubt you've never felt any of things.

I've never felt any of those things, but I don't think I'm missing out on much. After all they're just feelings, you can't get any knowledge from those.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:43 am UTC

I am cautiously optimistic about the future. I really want to meet more people, and today I met some awesome people my age at a show that go to my school. I really want to make more girl friends, though. Of course, I wouldn't mind having a girlfriend either. However, I know now probably isn't the right time for me. I have been getting melancholic and frustrated recently due to, well, several reasons, but I think things will get better.

Yesterday, I started to feel really misanthropic, detached, frustrated, and depressed. Usually, these moods last for quite a while when they come. This time, it passed fairly quickly.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:54 am UTC

Confession: I've never had a GF or sex, or driven a car or had a job and I don't care, I'm not sure if that is a problem or not (but I don't seem to care if it is or isn't haha). Chalk it up to an acute case of apathy, imho.

Confession: I've made a similar confession before at some time, maybe not in this thread though - I can't remember.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:12 pm UTC

Confession: I just got nostalgic, almost to the point of tears, for playing Ratchet and Clank as a twelve year old.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Two9A

Postby Two9A » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:02 pm UTC

Oh lord, don't do that; you'll set me off about Mario 64. My very first website was an SM64 walkthrough, WITH PICTURES.

Confession: I don't know where it is any more :?
The Unofficial "Making xkcd Slightly Worse" Archive [Incomplete]: xkcdsw.com
Articles that fall out of my head about once a month: imrannazar.com

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:06 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:Confession: I've never had a GF or sex, or driven a car or had a job and I don't care, I'm not sure if that is a problem or not (but I don't seem to care if it is or isn't haha). Chalk it up to an acute case of apathy, imho.

I haven't mounted a single Rara Avis yet, either.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

anamnesies

Postby anamnesies » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:37 pm UTC

Confession: had no idea what /b/ was, until I looked upon it yesterday. ARGH ZE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING!

kriel

Postby kriel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:45 pm UTC

anamnesies wrote:ARGH ZE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING!
and yet, you're already speaking like a true /b/tard. </kidding>

edit for a fess: I just sent an email to all my teachers telling them why I haven't been in class the last two weeks. (Depression.) Later today, I'm talking to my boss and hopefully getting some advice.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:34 pm UTC

Two9A wrote:Oh lord, don't do that; you'll set me off about Mario 64. My very first website was an SM64 walkthrough, WITH PICTURES.
Incidentally, a friend of mine and I began talking about Star Fox 64 yesterday. Both of us could still remember all the stages of the Lylat system perfectly.
多么现在棕色母牛?

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:14 pm UTC

Confession: I thought saying "Haha, that would be like CtrlA, delete, CtrlS, AltfF4!" was terribly funny. Nobody seemed tot get what I was talking about.
Ptolom wrote:penis

sje46

Postby sje46 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:48 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:Confession: I've never had a GF or sex, or driven a car or had a job and I don't care, I'm not sure if that is a problem or not (but I don't seem to care if it is or isn't haha). Chalk it up to an acute case of apathy, imho.

Confession: I've made a similar confession before at some time, maybe not in this thread though - I can't remember.

Me too, for everything except the job.

Dang, I want a girlfriend so bad. Mr. Wizard, can you give me some courage? And not a F%#ing medal again. That does nothing, stupid.

Two9A wrote:Oh lord, don't do that; you'll set me off about Mario 64. My very first website was an SM64 walkthrough, WITH PICTURES.

Haha. Last year I played supermario on my roommate's N64. I started from the beginning and got all 120 stars, and saw Yoshi!
It was a huge deal for me. We had 119 stars fro the longest time when we were kids, and it was just plain impossible to get 100 coins on Tick Tock Clock.

Is the website existent? I may have visited it. Link please?
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

crickets

Postby crickets » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:17 pm UTC

my presence just keeps wrecking everything, but i can't leave.

How am i supposed to reconcile this in my brain? Really? Cause the massive bouts of twitching and hyperventilating aren't exactly helpful.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:19 pm UTC

crickets wrote:my presence just keeps wrecking everything, but i can't leave.

How am i supposed to reconcile this in my brain? Really? Cause the massive bouts of twitching and hyperventilating aren't exactly helpful.
*hug*
I wish I could make you feel more awesome. Because you are awesome.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:22 pm UTC

Sean, my dear, there's a reason why the Wizard doesn't give them anything: he doesn't *need* to. That would defeat the whole idea of our lovely adventurers finding their own strength.

Confession: When I was in fourth grade, I had a teacher who had served in Vietnam. He decided that one afternoon, we could write down any questions we had about Vietnam and his experience and he would answer them in front of the class. He made a homework assignment out of coming up with the questions. I was stumped (I didn't know enough about Vietnam to know what kind of questions to ask) but finally wrote down "How does killing people solve the world's problems?"

When he read it, he was utterly delighted with my question and gave me like half the candy in his candy drawer (where he kept those bite-size chocolate bars for when we asked exceptionally good questions or gave exceptionally good answers.) He spent a long time discussing this, and I do remember his answer but won't recount it now, except to say that I'm still not sure whether I buy it. He was so delighted with the question that two months later when we had the parent-teacher-child conference (he liked to involve the kid) he remembered to mention it to my parents and gave me more candy and more of his highest praise then, too.

But I'd gotten the question from a Calvin and Hobbes strip.

I'm sorry, Mr P! It wasn't really mine! You were a good teacher.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:27 pm UTC

Maybe he was just a Calvin and Hobbes fan?
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:50 pm UTC

You forget Calvin was in 'Nam, man. You wouldn't know 'cause you weren't there.

You weren't there.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:54 pm UTC

My dad just stopped by my mom's house today and gave me and my brother the complete (digital) collections of Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, and X-Men.
Confession: I have no clue how to read comic books. Am I supposed to read them all by the date they came out, or do I read the standard comics and then all the annuals?
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:17 am UTC

I am posting this from inside a movie theater. I really should be at home writing a lab report. Bad kells, bad.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:56 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote:My dad just stopped by my mom's house today and gave me and my brother the complete (digital) collections of Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, and X-Men.
Confession: I have no clue how to read comic books. Am I supposed to read them all by the date they came out, or do I read the standard comics and then all the annuals?

Read them order via issue number. Anything like annuals you can skip for the most part, but I'd read them in the same year (That is, read the '77 Annual after reading all the 1977 comics) Often the comic will say "Story continues in Spiderman Annual Blahblahblah! or whatever.

As far as reading the three of them goes, you can do this a number of ways - you can read all the Spiderman ones in order, then X-Men ones, then Fantastic Four. Or you could read all of April 1981's comics, then all May 1981's comics. Either way will work. Of those three titles, Spiderman and Fantastic Four have the most bleed-over, what with both of them being New York-based superheroics. X-Men won't have as much back-and-forth, but there might be some.

Generally speaking, the Fantastic Four comic will say something in there like "Why is Spiderman wearing a paperbag on his head? Check Spiderman issue 75, kids!" or whatever.

Or you can read them in the order of sweetest cover art.

Hope that helps.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:00 am UTC

I'm back from an evening of having dinner with a big group of friends, watching the new Underworld movie, then playing Katamari/Singstar at a friend's house, and it was all good fun. So why am I in a lousy mood?

I'm always in a bad mood for a reason, it's just sometimes very hard for me to see that reason, so that's what I'm trying to do now. It's weird that I don't know why, though: it feels like I'm trying to figure out why a friend is in a bad mood or something, like I'm detached from this somehow.

Well, hopefully Ender Wiggin will cheer me up before I head off to bed. Time to once again remember that the enemy's gate is down. *reads*

sje46

Postby sje46 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:51 am UTC

I'm not a religious person, but if you are a religious person, please pray for out friend root/fail. He's not hurt or anything, but he's going to attempt something, and I do hope he succeeds. I want him to be happy.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.

Socal Swimmer

Postby Socal Swimmer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:06 am UTC

i almost beat a level on call of duty 4 and i died, and now my hands are shaking.

also, out of 8 classes ive had this week, ive missed 4 and been late to the other 4. not so good i guess.
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.

I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

d33p
Happy Fun Ball

Postby d33p » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:12 am UTC

Rippy wrote:Well, hopefully Ender Wiggin will cheer me up before I head off to bed. Time to once again remember that the enemy's gate is down. *reads*

While I've never heard of Ender cheering anybody up, I totally get this. I just re-read it two days ago, and realised how much I'd missed it.

Confession: I agree with Ender's philosophy of making sure someone can't fight back ever again.
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:14 am UTC

Socal Swimmer wrote:i almost beat a level on call of duty 4 and i died, and now my hands are shaking.
"Mile High Club" on Veteran?
多么现在棕色母牛?

dA ShAzAm

Postby dA ShAzAm » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:15 am UTC

I'm afraid 4chan is actually the beginning of societies fall. And there's nothing we can do to stop it.
~Solomon Hercules Atlas Zeus Achilles Mercury~
"When he types the name of the ancient wizard, he is magically transformed from a man into an idea--societies most doughty design!"

sje46

Postby sje46 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:30 am UTC

dA ShAzAm wrote:I'm afraid 4chan is actually the beginning of societies fall. And there's nothing we can do to stop it.

Bah. No way. You know, I don't even think 4chan is mainstream yet. Mainstream on the internet, but not in life.

It's stupid, it's offensive, yes. But it has no capacity for change. It won't corrupt people who weren't going to corrupt themselves anyway. A few pictures of Goatse and Loli, isn't going to tear down society. Anonymous can't even decide on any reall causes besides Scientology to fight. Such a disorganized force won't be able to do a thing to society as a whole.

Confession: I really am an idiot in how I view myself. I can make friends if I try. Why is it so much harder to make friends in real life than online? I just made an awesome friend from an IRC channel, and it was so easy.

Is it just that everyone on the Internet is so easy to get along with, and everyone in this university is too concerned about getting drunk or whatever than talk about serious things with me? Or is it that I don't try at all?

The latter, probably.

I need some more of this motivation. Alas, it is 3:30 AM and I can't do anything about it. All I can do is wake up tomorrow in my usual depressive state. At least I won't have any classes.

The Skoot

Postby The Skoot » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:25 am UTC

Confession: I've spent the past two weeks lurking here trying to pick up the courage to start posting again, and just failing utterly. It's so annoying that I've spent ages trying to find a fora that I might want to post in on a regular basis, and when I do I can't bear the thought of inflicting myself upon all these smart, witty, awesome people. I don't even know why I'm bothering to post this, since nobody here likely cares. I guess I just need some kind of outlet right now, and since I can't bear the thought of bugging my friends or family with any of this I guess I'll just annoy some strangers on the internet with it instead.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:56 am UTC

A colleague at work has become increasingly hostile toward me.
Confession: Though its bad and he is severely pissing me off and the manager has seen it (its impossible for him not to as it was directly referenced in front of him whilst he was listening), I'm also kind of glad; I've always had a so called 'arch-nemesis' in each place where I exist. At least now I know who it is.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Two9A

Postby Two9A » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:24 pm UTC

sje46 wrote:

Haha. Last year I played supermario on my roommate's N64. I started from the beginning and got all 120 stars, and saw Yoshi!
It was a huge deal for me. We had 119 stars fro the longest time when we were kids, and it was just plain impossible to get 100 coins on Tick Tock Clock.

Is the website existent? I may have visited it. Link please?

That's just it, I don't have a copy of the original any more, and I can't remember where it was exactly. Somewhere on Geocities/SiliconValley, is as specific as I can go. Incongrously, I still have the Ultra64 screenshots up to Course 9 (the one with Bowser's sub, I forget the name); you can have those if you like :mrgreen:

I do remember that 100 coins on Course 15 was a pain in the butt; there were only 105 or so in the course, if I recall.
The Unofficial "Making xkcd Slightly Worse" Archive [Incomplete]: xkcdsw.com
Articles that fall out of my head about once a month: imrannazar.com

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:27 pm UTC

Other than mario kart, I have never owned or played a mario game for more than five minutes, if at all.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

anamnesies

Postby anamnesies » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:56 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:Other than mario kart, I have never owned or played a mario game for more than five minutes, if at all.

Blasphemy!

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:04 pm UTC

anamnesies wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:Other than mario kart, I have never owned or played a mario game for more than five minutes, if at all.
Blasphemy!
Or he just has a really short attention span.

Or he is really good at the games.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Pez Dispens3r
is not a stick figure.

Postby Pez Dispens3r » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:41 pm UTC

Confession: When I was twelve, I had a crush on this girl. Which is fine, except it's the one crush that plagues me to this day. I can see my ex-girlfriends, and I'm cool as a cucumber. I can bump into the girl I had a crush on when I was 8-- and I did some stupid shit trying to impress her back then-- and can carry a conversation like 'no big deal, i knew you back in the day.' There can be a girl from uni or work that I'm really interested in, but as soon as I realise it's not gonna work out, I can make her disappear from my thoughts in a snap. 'Oops, didn't work out, oh well.' What I'm saying is I don't normally get hung up on girls, or what 'could have been.'

But this one girl... she comes into my work every-so-often, and I loose my shit. I blabber on about god-knows-what until the woman has walked away, and I find the adrenaline's pulsing in my system and it takes a sec before I realise what the hell even happened. I don't even like the girl that much anymore (when I told her I was going to America she asked me if I was going to Disneyland, and I just stared at her like she was a retard), it just seems like residual feelings from long ago that just won't die, because they're beyond rationality.

She's a teacher, and I'm studying to be a teacher, and I hope to god we're never placed in the same school, because I wouldn't function. -Actually, this probably isn't true. I think I just need to spend some time with her so I can internalise the fact that she is a person, and not some perfect creature I once idolised. Even so, this is a problem in my mentalty that I would like to think I'm beyond, but that I'm apparently not. *le sigh*.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I feel like you're probably an ocelot, and I feel like I want to eat you. Feeling is fun!
this isn't my cow

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:02 pm UTC

The Skoot wrote:Confession: I've spent the past two weeks lurking here trying to pick up the courage to start posting again, and just failing utterly. It's so annoying that I've spent ages trying to find a fora that I might want to post in on a regular basis, and when I do I can't bear the thought of inflicting myself upon all these smart, witty, awesome people. I don't even know why I'm bothering to post this, since nobody here likely cares. I guess I just need some kind of outlet right now, and since I can't bear the thought of bugging my friends or family with any of this I guess I'll just annoy some strangers on the internet with it instead.

You can use punctuation and grammar, and say things nicely.

You can't possibly bug us.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:11 pm UTC

Fess: I've totally pissed today away. Ah, well, it's only work :P
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

nodes

Postby nodes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:15 pm UTC

The Skoot wrote:Confession: I've spent the past two weeks lurking here trying to pick up the courage to start posting again, and just failing utterly. It's so annoying that I've spent ages trying to find a fora that I might want to post in on a regular basis, and when I do I can't bear the thought of inflicting myself upon all these smart, witty, awesome people. I don't even know why I'm bothering to post this, since nobody here likely cares. I guess I just need some kind of outlet right now, and since I can't bear the thought of bugging my friends or family with any of this I guess I'll just annoy some strangers on the internet with it instead.

Keep posting! I saw some quote somewhere that made a lot of sense to me. I can't remember it verbatim but it was somewhere along the lines of "it's not your job to decide if what you contribute has merit, it's just your job to contribute." As I'm typing this, horribly ignorant Youtube comments I've seen are popping into my head, so I'm qualifying my position on this statement: I don't think it's saying contribute BLINDLY without thinking about what you are saying, but each person has a unique view on the world and should be shared in an eloquent, well-thought out way, without worrying how other people will take it.

Confession: In the back of my brain I am really, really terrified that fundamentalist Christians are actually right about everything and that there is a hell and I will be tortured there for eternity, even though I try to be a logically and morally good person. I'm afraid that I am automatically screwed in the afterlife because I don't know what I believe in. Which is very strange because neither I, nor my family, are very religious.

Hyphe

Postby Hyphe » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:30 pm UTC

The Skoot wrote:and when I do I can't bear the thought of inflicting myself upon all these smart, witty, awesome people.

Confession: despite posting on the XKCD fora, I am neither smart, witty, or awesome. Feel free to 'inflict' yourself on me! :P

Ok, that wasn't a real one. My real confession is that I asked one of my friends to stop telling me I was beautiful back when I had a boyfriend, and now I'm single I want him to say it again. But I can't think of any way to tell him he can say it without seeming like an attention-seeking camwhore. :(

Return to “General”