Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SDIX
is afraid of bananas

Re: Confessional Bed - Not just for pillow talk!

Postby SDIX » Wed May 20, 2009 12:50 am UTC

I hate life right now...

just thought everyone should know :D

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Wed May 20, 2009 1:34 am UTC

join the club...

*hands SDIX a membership card*

SDIX
is afraid of bananas

Postby SDIX » Wed May 20, 2009 1:37 am UTC

I love you, thank you for avvepting me into your club... you are too kind

sje46

Postby sje46 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:48 am UTC

SDIX wrote:Right... so why haven't you moved down here yet??

Wow, I totally failed in comprehending your post. . .*tired*
Well, where do you live? Also, will you bake me cookies on a regular basis? In return I'll compliment your shoes.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Wed May 20, 2009 4:02 am UTC

Confession: As much as I'd like an income again, I really don't want to start working again.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Ati
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's dry, and slightly radioactive.

Postby Ati » Wed May 20, 2009 4:22 am UTC

Fess: instead of applying for jobs, I spent nine hours today re-creating the entire cast of Firefly in the Sims 3.

Fess: I am oddly proud of this, despite the fact that River set the kitchen on fire, and Jayne pissed off everyone in the building.

Fessic: if they don't quit bitching and start getting to work on time, I'm going to drop a colony of Reavers next door.
I can kill you with my brain.

SDIX
is afraid of bananas

Postby SDIX » Wed May 20, 2009 9:58 am UTC

sje46 wrote:
SDIX wrote:Right... so why haven't you moved down here yet??

Wow, I totally failed in comprehending your post. . .*tired*
Well, where do you live? Also, will you bake me cookies on a regular basis? In return I'll compliment your shoes.

you had a hard time with my post? lol!

I live in alabama and I love to cook... except when I fuck it up... then I hate cooking. But on average, I am a really great cook. Maybe 1 out of 10 times I fail... probably less...

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Wed May 20, 2009 11:02 am UTC

Fess: I'm supposed to be doing a literature review. Instead I'm on here and waiting for my boss to disappear for the afternoon so I can go online and do even less work. Ah, well.
Fess 2: I realy wish I hadn't agreed to go home this weekend
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

smw543

Postby smw543 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:03 pm UTC

SDIX wrote:I hate life right now...
You are aware you have a bunny, right? Whenever I'm at home and need cheering up, I go to my main squeeze: Teddy, my Maltese puppy. (Actually, he's about 3 years old, but he's only ~10lbs.)
Fess: While I'm away at school, I think about Teddy about once a week. The only time I think about my sister (who also lives back home) is when she calls me...
Ati wrote:Fess: instead of applying for jobs, I spent nine hours today re-creating the entire cast of Firefly in the Sims 3.

Fess: I am oddly proud of this, despite the fact that River set the kitchen on fire, and Jayne pissed off everyone in the building.

Fessic: if they don't quit bitching and start getting to work on time, I'm going to drop a colony of Reavers next door.
Fess: I'm absolutely exhausted from fucking all the ponies in this post.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Wed May 20, 2009 12:25 pm UTC

Confession: I am thinking about quiting my job because it is a lot of stress right now and I feel like I should be able to concentrate on university and having some kind of social life that involves people outside of my family. But my mum is convinced that I will not be able to afford fourth year at uni if I don't start saving now, so I know that if I leave now I'd be letting her down, and also be going back to depending on her financially during the holidays when my student loan isn't coming through.
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Wed May 20, 2009 1:01 pm UTC

Teapot wrote:Confession: I am thinking about quiting my job because it is a lot of stress right now and I feel like I should be able to concentrate on university and having some kind of social life that involves people outside of my family. But my mum is convinced that I will not be able to afford fourth year at uni if I don't start saving now, so I know that if I leave now I'd be letting her down, and also be going back to depending on her financially during the holidays when my student loan isn't coming through.

I am in exactly the same position, but I am in fourth year now. I have just been really stressed out trying to do 5 subjects at uni and work 2-3 days a week (I did the same thing last year as well, but the subjects were not as stressful). I know my solution is to finish my degree part-time and keep working 2-3 days a week (it helps a lot there that I am working in the field I am studying in). You may not get your student loan or anything if you do that, though, but it is my solution to that problem.

mrbaggins

Postby mrbaggins » Wed May 20, 2009 1:02 pm UTC

Ati wrote:Fess: I am oddly proud of this, despite the fact that River set the kitchen on fire, and Jayne pissed off everyone in the building.

Why the 'despite', sounds like you nailed it.
Why is it that 4chan is either infinitely awesome, infinitely bad, or "lolwut", but never any intermediary level?

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Wed May 20, 2009 1:25 pm UTC

Ati wrote:Fess: I am oddly proud of this, despiteprecisely because of the fact that River set the kitchen on fire, and Jayne pissed off everyone in the building.

Fixed that for ya.

Fess: I wish I could join the 'I Hate Life' club, but I'm actually doing a pretty darn good job of not hating it right now, for once.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

grapefruit1

Postby grapefruit1 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:01 pm UTC

Ati wrote:Fess: instead of applying for jobs, I spent nine hours today re-creating the entire cast of Firefly in the Sims 3.

How the hell did you get your hands on the Sims 3?!

Fess: There is no one in the world I am more jealous of than Ati right now.
"If someone asks you, 'Are you ticklish?', it doesn't matter whether you answer yes or no. They're going to touch you."
- Demetri Martin

SDIX
is afraid of bananas

Postby SDIX » Wed May 20, 2009 2:49 pm UTC

smw543 wrote:
SDIX wrote:I hate life right now...
You are aware you have a bunny, right? Whenever I'm at home and need cheering up, I go to my main squeeze: Teddy, my Maltese puppy. (Actually, he's about 3 years old, but he's only ~10lbs.)

I do... I also have a cat and 3 birds and a special someone I can love on... all they all are giving me hell right now. Not just one of them... all of them... sigh

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed May 20, 2009 2:54 pm UTC

I just took a shower at work. It was awesome.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

mobikwa

Postby mobikwa » Wed May 20, 2009 6:18 pm UTC

I just ate about 1.5 days worth of calories in one meal, and on a day I'm not going to work out.

I am still incredibly attracted to the girl who broke my heart.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Wed May 20, 2009 6:26 pm UTC

I get far to mad at people on the internet than I really should.

Also, Foe is a nice feature.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Wed May 20, 2009 7:30 pm UTC

This is an awesome way to get my first post here going.

God I have a lot to confess =D

I still dream about the girl I fell in love with in the beginning of this school year.
    I am secretly in love with my best friend whom I've had for over 6 years.
    I write craploads of stuff that could go on my blog but I'm to lazy to type it all out.
    I should start writing the stuff in English, but I fear that the meanings of those thoughts will get lost.
    etc etc etc xD

charliepanayi

Postby charliepanayi » Wed May 20, 2009 9:59 pm UTC

I look back at everything and I feel like I've wasted my life
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

steewi

Postby steewi » Thu May 21, 2009 1:03 am UTC

Fess: I skipped breakfast so I could catch the bus which might have a cute guy I've been ogling.

He wasn't on it. I'm a sad individual sometimes.

Wolf

Postby Wolf » Thu May 21, 2009 1:49 am UTC

steewi wrote:Fess: I skipped breakfast so I could catch the bus which might have a cute guy I've been ogling.

He wasn't on it. I'm a sad individual sometimes.

Related Fess: I sometimes don't call people to go get lunch in hopes that I'll run into my friend at the cafeteria and we can chat about D&D and gaming and such. Sadly, he hasn't been there any of the times I've gone alone. (Note: My friends aren't really into D&D or gaming, and he's quite a bit older than us, which could make it awkward. Hence, I go alone.)
There's a method to my madness. Somewhere. Don't worry, I'll find it!

I'm learning game design! Watch my progress here: http://www.humming-rain.com

My friend wrote:You played fast and loose with punctuation and suffered the consequences.

muteKi
Angry is too weak a term. Try "Fluffy".

Postby muteKi » Thu May 21, 2009 3:52 am UTC

I...think I'm beginning to develop a crush with a girl online, but I'm not sure if she thinks I'm joking or not, and I feel a little weird telling her about this. Oddly enough she herself had a very similar experience quite recently, where she was unsure of telling a person she was interested in about her feelings, and I don't recall it turning out too well. As a result I'm more than a bit hesitant to actually go out and confess as such to her, especially since she might not take it too seriously.
Then again I'm unsure about how serious I am to begin with. Is it just crazy hormones?

These ever-expanding forums make me feel suffocated and alone. I mean, I remember from before they turned into SomethingAwful for smart people, and there were a few handfuls of active members. (Shit, I've not been here in about 2 years!) I mean, it's nice that there's always stuff to talk about, but I don't feel as though I can really connect with anyone here any more. (I am a bit lonely ATM, first time in really ever, actually.)

Emmz

Postby Emmz » Thu May 21, 2009 4:25 am UTC

A couple people I knew years ago and a dear friend of mine have all been getting married and/or having babies in the past few months. I'm 19. (And so are most of these friends.) Truthfully, I never really know if I should congratulate them or not because there is some part of me that looks at their situation and wonders how successful they're really going to be, and whether or not this is the right decision for them. Secretly, I want to scream at them for possibly fucking up their lives, and then my conscience reminds me that there's a chance that they're really not, and hey who am I to think about what's success and what's not....

Fess 2: I don't really know if I'm smart enough, driven enough, or likeable enough for my chosen (vague) career path. I'm surrounded by people who get showered with accolades because they're truly amazing, beautiful, incredible people, and I'm sorta left going, "Zuh?" even though I want to do the same things and accomplish similar goals in the world. I fear that my lack of consistent cheerfulness/sweetness will drive me to downfall and I'll end up being some bitter old hag.
"Everything's more fun with a can of whipped cream!"

Wolf

Postby Wolf » Thu May 21, 2009 4:38 am UTC

Emmz wrote:Fess 2: I don't really know if I'm smart enough, driven enough, or likeable enough for my chosen (vague) career path. I'm surrounded by people who get showered with accolades because they're truly amazing, beautiful, incredible people, and I'm sorta left going, "Zuh?" even though I want to do the same things and accomplish similar goals in the world. I fear that my lack of consistent cheerfulness/sweetness will drive me to downfall and I'll end up being some bitter old hag.

If this is how it works, I'm betting we'll go down in flames together. At least that's something. :)

Fess: There's a lot of times I feel like I do a lot more work for the same (or worse) results as those around me. But I grew up with a lot of people who understood/learned things/did well on tests pretty effortlessly, so that's probably part of it. It still bugs me, though.
There's a method to my madness. Somewhere. Don't worry, I'll find it!

I'm learning game design! Watch my progress here: http://www.humming-rain.com

My friend wrote:You played fast and loose with punctuation and suffered the consequences.

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Thu May 21, 2009 4:39 am UTC

sophyturtle wrote:I get far to mad at people on the internet than I really should.

Also, Foe is a nice feature.

Fess: I should be foeing more people. :/

I've also really not been sure where I am for the past couple days. This is all very confusing. Everything hurts, and nothing feels right. I really don't know what to say or how to put it...
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

crickets

Postby crickets » Thu May 21, 2009 4:47 am UTC

Sometimes i see things or read things on here that convince me i'm totally not safe to post here. I've got an overwhelming fear of being ridiculed, or told i'm wrong...

Then again, i play dumb most of my day to day life to avoid being wrong or bad or getting in trouble.

This might be because i had a small crazy-break earlier with the hallucinating and the spinning and the bad...

My face hurts.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

d33p
Happy Fun Ball

Postby d33p » Thu May 21, 2009 4:50 am UTC

crickets wrote:Sometimes i see things or read things on here that convince me i'm totally not safe to post here. I've got an overwhelming fear of being ridiculed, or told i'm wrong....
Fess: I often post here just to be told I'm wrong. Because if they make a good point, I should reconsider. If they make a bad point, I get an ego boost. So really, it's win/win.
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

muteKi
Angry is too weak a term. Try "Fluffy".

Postby muteKi » Thu May 21, 2009 5:09 am UTC

My brain no longer works as well as it used to. Though I once was a child prodigy, I have slipped into deep immaturity and laziness, and no longer am able to delve deeply into more difficult math problems the way I once used to.

crickets

Postby crickets » Thu May 21, 2009 6:22 am UTC

Why am i so passive?

Seriously.
I find its easier to just /not fight about things/, even when i really should. Little things too...

I'm just so scared of pissing people off...
and it's lame, i know.

*hide*
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Tillan

Postby Tillan » Thu May 21, 2009 8:37 am UTC

Fess: i am cold, i am wet, i am tierd and i want to go home - Im not having a good day, and its only 9.30
Now work damnit! No, dont carry on posting here, you're a very busy person. work work work!!

Gentlelady

Postby Gentlelady » Thu May 21, 2009 8:41 am UTC

I am so sorry.
d33p wrote:And Karma rode upon a pale horse, and GentleLady followed behind.
sleepygamer wrote:Once you go sleepy you never go backy.

Hyphe

Postby Hyphe » Thu May 21, 2009 11:28 am UTC

Too much misery going on here. Extra-big hugs for everyone. I'm reading this thread 'cause you're all awesome, so nyahhhhh~ :P

Tillan

Postby Tillan » Thu May 21, 2009 12:08 pm UTC

Hyphe wrote:Too much misery going on here. Extra-big hugs for everyone. I'm reading this thread 'cause you're all awesome, so nyahhhhh~ :P
I like you ^__^ - Have an internet! Or a cookie. Eithers good.
Now work damnit! No, dont carry on posting here, you're a very busy person. work work work!!

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Thu May 21, 2009 1:26 pm UTC

Confession: I have my second disciplinary at work (2 in about a month... that's great) in about half an hour and I have no clue what I'm going to say other than "Yeah, I missed a lot of time. Could I maybe work less hours?" and I can't really see that going down well...
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Thu May 21, 2009 2:10 pm UTC

crickets wrote:Why am i so passive?

Seriously.
I find its easier to just /not fight about things/, even when i really should. Little things too...

I'm just so scared of pissing people off...
and it's lame, i know.

*hide*

You can hide with me; I so know how you feel. Heck, half the time I'm so scared of even bothering other people that I just do nothing. Obviously, the effect this has on my social life is not very good. For example, I didn't do anything on my birthday two weeks ago because I didn't want to bother any friends to call and ask where everyone was hanging out (and they were already hanging out, since another friend in this group has the same birthday...and this was a Friday night).
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

Chai Kovsky

Postby Chai Kovsky » Thu May 21, 2009 5:38 pm UTC

Fess: I just turned in a paper last night that was due in February.
Fess 2: I am ridiculously glad to be back, you guys.
Spoiler:
kellsbells wrote:¡This Chai is burning me!
Chai Kovsky wrote:I can kill you with my brain.

That is all.
superglucose wrote:In other words: LISTEN TO CHAI.
Delayra wrote:Yet another brilliant idea from Chai!

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Thu May 21, 2009 5:44 pm UTC

Chai! You're back! Let me be the first to say: Huzzzah!

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Thu May 21, 2009 6:06 pm UTC

Fess: I cancelled my appointment mental health clinic / suicide counselors because I really cannot leave the house. Then they proceeded to ask me if I was ok and how I felt. :/
I really really didn't want to talk to them today so I lied and said all was good. This sucks. I'm still shaking and still feeling really fucked up and unwell and confused about -everything-
*cry*

Fess2: Yay Chai! <3
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Thu May 21, 2009 6:09 pm UTC

Confession: I'm hungry and tired and my head's full of crazy. Not my normal crazy, either. -Crazy- crazy. Flesh from the bones eyes from the sockets type crazy. Flensed and wounded to go out and bring fire to the world. Like there's never to be a world for me, so I must tear down worlds until I find it.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Return to “General”