Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Cytoplasm

Re: Confessional Bed - Not just for pillow talk!

Postby Cytoplasm » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:49 pm UTC

Fess: Wow, I expected Felstaff to be this wise guy and possibly older for some reason avatar. He is handsome.
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:21 pm UTC

I would say "in before Felstaff makes brilliant comment" but...crap.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

UnderRock

Postby UnderRock » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:35 am UTC

'Fess: ...I want to confess something, but I don't know what. I feel ... empty. One month into the summer, I'm neck-deep in the same monotony I've had of every summer since Sophmore year of high school--nothing has changed. I have no job to occupy me with this summer, and no classes anymore. Yet even if I did, I'd still have the same feeling. I feel like these summers just don't make me feel any more relaxed or refreshed--it's more like putting things on pause, only jump back in and resume right where I left off, feeling exactly the same, as if nothing had ever happened. Perhaps this is because nothing did happen! The vast majority of my summers are spent killing time in front of the computer!

Even worse, the thought of doing anything that would make my summer fufilling makes me feel uneasy--I'm so damn lazy that I can't get myself to do anything aside from sit here in front of the computer all day until summer is over. Every once in a while I can get myself to be productive, but not for long. But even just sitting here, doing nothing, gives me that same uneasy feeling. Erg. And I feel like there's so much more to confess, still. Like how I never get out of the house, how I'm lonely, how I hate that I take so much for granted when, relative to the rest of humanity, I'm pretty damn privileged, yet still hate where I am, all the while knowing that things could be infinitely worse, and are for many people. Uhg.

Edit: More rambling:
I sometimes wonder if I have depression, yet that just leads me to thinking about how, even if I did have it, I'm still better off than the people who have it more severely. If this is depression, it couldn't be that bad considering that I can function day-to-day (which I think, by definition, means that it isn't a mental illness).

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:03 am UTC

You. Out of my head. Now.

:?
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:34 am UTC

UnderRock wrote:'Fess: ...I want to confess something, but I don't know what. I feel ... empty. One month into the summer, I'm neck-deep in the same monotony I've had of every summer since Sophmore year of high school--nothing has changed. I have no job to occupy me with this summer, and no classes anymore. Yet even if I did, I'd still have the same feeling. I feel like these summers just don't make me feel any more relaxed or refreshed--it's more like putting things on pause, only jump back in and resume right where I left off, feeling exactly the same, as if nothing had ever happened. Perhaps this is because nothing did happen! The vast majority of my summers are spent killing time in front of the computer!

Even worse, the thought of doing anything that would make my summer fufilling makes me feel uneasy--I'm so damn lazy that I can't get myself to do anything aside from sit here in front of the computer all day until summer is over. Every once in a while I can get myself to be productive, but not for long. But even just sitting here, doing nothing, gives me that same uneasy feeling. Erg. And I feel like there's so much more to confess, still. Like how I never get out of the house, how I'm lonely, how I hate that I take so much for granted when, relative to the rest of humanity, I'm pretty damn privileged, yet still hate where I am, all the while knowing that things could be infinitely worse, and are for many people. Uhg.

Edit: More rambling:
I sometimes wonder if I have depression, yet that just leads me to thinking about how, even if I did have it, I'm still better off than the people who have it more severely. If this is depression, it couldn't be that bad considering that I can function day-to-day (which I think, by definition, means that it isn't a mental illness).

This. a lot.

First time I've had a few days completely off in about two years, and I am immediately slipping back into this kind of feeling...

Ati
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's dry, and slightly radioactive.

Postby Ati » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:12 pm UTC

I've got a bit of the same thing. It's to do with me taking the path of least resistance through life, and doing what is easy, as opposed to what I know will make me happier in the long run. So far, my best solution is to find or create events every day or two to look forward to (something as small as buying a new book, checking out a new TV show, or driving out to a lake and swimming for a couple of hours). I've also been working on a lot of projects with visible, mounting evidence (working on the novel, co-building a game with a friend); that seems to help assuage the idea that I'm getting nothing accomplished.

Unrelated fess:

I think my brain stem is trying to kill me (or at least being extremely incompetent). About once a day, my lungs will stop breathing, of their own accord, and I won't notice until I start to pass out, and have to sit bolt upright gasping. Doesn't seem life threatening, but it is worrisome.
I can kill you with my brain.

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:22 pm UTC

I would check it out with a doctor..it could end up life threatening.. :? :(

Spoiler:
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:

<3

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:29 pm UTC

Yeah...I'm no expert on this sort of thing, but 'not breathing' is pretty high up there on the list of 'things that could cause you to die'.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

charliepanayi

Postby charliepanayi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:03 pm UTC

I've realised that when it comes to personal matters in my life, there really is no-one I can talk around here (where I am I mean, not the forum). My parents and siblings are nice people but I could never talk to them about certain issues. My boss at work has no sympathy whatsoever for anything like that. Even my best friend just unintentionally winds up patronising me when I try to talk about my personal life. I wish my therapy had run for longer than just 12 sessions.
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Lycur

Postby Lycur » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:09 am UTC

Ati wrote:I think my brain stem is trying to kill me (or at least being extremely incompetent). About once a day, my lungs will stop breathing, of their own accord, and I won't notice until I start to pass out, and have to sit bolt upright gasping. Doesn't seem life threatening, but it is worrisome.

The same thing happens to me (at lower frequency). Let me know if you do decide to get it checked out, I've been curious about it for a long time.

Ati
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's dry, and slightly radioactive.

Postby Ati » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:05 pm UTC

Cytoplasm wrote:I would check it out with a doctor..it could end up life threatening.. :? :(

I actually am between GPs at the moment, but I'll bring it up when I find a new one. It happened a few years ago for a month or so, then kind of went away, and now it's back. Worrying, but not pressingly so.
I can kill you with my brain.

It Should Be Real
Ninja Sauce Container

Postby It Should Be Real » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:18 pm UTC

Fess: I miss Sarah. :(

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:05 am UTC

Confession: I started writing that story again. Yes, that one.

The one that made you all happy and bubbly and giddy with aroused happiness.

It's not as if I like it, but it doesn't seem as if I'll have anything to give you for your birthday but a few shonen-ai/shoujo-ai stories.

Man, I must have fallen for you hard to even consider doing this again because I know I'm not doing it for my sake... //_x
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

unknown604

Postby unknown604 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:35 pm UTC

I found my SNES whilst I was cleaning up last week, so I decided to plug it in and give it a few plays before putting it back.
I never put it back and I haven't touched my PS3 since.

How I just wish that I could roll back the clock about 10 years; I wish that I could just be a child again.
If I get you angry, know that:
I have a talent at saying stupid things, either that or I'm drunk; and,
Normally I'd be ranting to my friends, but since they're gone, I have only the internet; and,
If I do this, call me out on it. Just don't call me crazy.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:38 pm UTC

I know what you are talking about unknown. I used to play my n64 more than my wii...
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:07 pm UTC

USB SNES controller + SNES emulator + laptop + ROM files for every SNES game released in English = reliving my childhood like crazy
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:08 pm UTC

Wait, you have a usb SNES controller? Where the hell did you get one of those?

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:19 pm UTC

Gojoe wrote:Wait, you have a usb SNES controller? Where the hell did you get one of those?
Here. I also had one with a serial connector that I wired up myself, but the days of serial ports seem to be over.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:27 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:ROM files for every SNES game released in English

And ones that weren't! FFV FTW.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:20 pm UTC

Cytoplasm wrote:Fess:
Speaking of "...a line of cocaine too", I have once tried to snort glitter (red large pieces of glitter) in a line on a desk in the middle of Creative Writing Class with a sub., do a line of chocolate shavings (they were too big, it didn't work), and eventually a piece of a smarties. The smartie was the weirdest feeling.

My friend did this with a bottle cap of lucozade once. He's mental.

Fess: I'm worried about how quickly I seem to be fine after the death of my dog. But I'm not even sure if I am fine. Argg. Life was so nearly perfect...

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:50 pm UTC

What's 'lucozade'?

Many people think I'm mental/on drugz. I just can't control my wacky urges well.

Fess. with that: I tried very hard when I was younger (fourth/third/some grade school grade) to control how obnoxious I was. I was just super hyper and talkative. I've been talkative since day...7 or so. I tried so hard that others would like me, but it never worked.

Spoiler:

Felstaff wrote:

<3

Iori_Yagami

Postby Iori_Yagami » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:13 pm UTC

What I feel after discovering mods messing with my writings AGAIN: HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE !
:x
They cannot defend themselves; they cannot run away. INSANITY is their only way of escape.

Gentlelady

Postby Gentlelady » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:21 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:USB SNES controller + SNES emulator + laptop + ROM files for every SNES game released in English = reliving my childhood like crazy

I've been doing this for the last few months. I love it. I never could get past the chainsaw guys on the fourth level of Zombies Ate my Neighbors, so I make my friends do it.
d33p wrote:And Karma rode upon a pale horse, and GentleLady followed behind.
sleepygamer wrote:Once you go sleepy you never go backy.

UnderRock

Postby UnderRock » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:48 am UTC

Uhg, why is everyone in my family so irrational. *drained*

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:58 am UTC

Confession: The only people I am comfortable with are those who feel they are inferior to me. And I wonder why I have more crazies worshipping me than is normal. :|
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:45 am UTC

eternal luna wrote:Confession: The only people I am comfortable with are those who feel they are inferior to me. And I wonder why I have more crazies worshipping me than is normal. :|
We are all inferior to you luna.

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:02 pm UTC

EDIT: How the hell did that get here?
Last edited by Chfan on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:07 pm UTC

Fess: My mind appears to be collapsing inward on itself. I'm sure it'll sort itself out eventually, but it's kind of annoying while it's going on.

smw543

Postby smw543 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:36 pm UTC

Chfan wrote:Penis cowboy? My dreams have come true!
Wrong thread? (I assume you meant to reply to this post.)
Spoiler:
Draw!
(Oops, he doesn't have any arms!)
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:06 am UTC

eternal luna wrote:Confession: The only people I am comfortable with are those who feel they are inferior to me. And I wonder why I have more crazies worshipping me than is normal. :|

Well, it's kind of hard to talk to those who feel superior to you.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." Hunter S. Thompson

"Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all." Neutral Milk Hotel

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:55 am UTC

Not really; all it requires is you feel inferior to the person feeling superior to them.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 pm UTC

smw543 wrote:
Chfan wrote:Penis cowboy? My dreams have come true!
Wrong thread? (I assume you meant to reply to this post.)
Spoiler:
Draw!
(Oops, he doesn't have any arms!)

I seriously think somebody has been moving my posts around. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Raeluna

Postby Raeluna » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:56 pm UTC

fess: I caught the (normal) flu during the swine flu epidemic. I enjoyed freaking people out very, very much. Especially the super-cleanly types.

I'm terrible.
thicknavyrain wrote:Marry me. Now.

"So, why are you a fruit bat?"
"I dunno, healthier I guess."
"Well yeah, but 'I vant to suck your melons' just doesn't have the same ring to it."

Okita
Staying Alive

Postby Okita » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:54 pm UTC

Confession:
As a habit and if it's available, I'll use hand sanitizer prior to eating lunch.

However, what people don't know is that while I'm rubbing my hands with the hand sanitizer, I'm muttering things to myself like "Prep for surgery!"

And then when I eat in my head I go "I'm starting the procedure!"

Too much Trauma Center?
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:36 pm UTC

Depends... do you cut your sandwiches in half first with some sort of pseudo-scalpel?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:50 pm UTC

Don't forget the antibiotic gel. Took me half the game to figure out why I couldn't get a good score on that first incision. Oops.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

HarleyQuinn

Postby HarleyQuinn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:45 pm UTC

Fess: I feel very shallow because while I'm mentally attracted to this guy, I'm still on the fence of persuing a relationship with him because I'm not physically attracted to him. Ugh. Stupid, shallow bitch.
Also, I really must stop reading postsecret, because now I'm dying trying to remember what his handwriting looks like.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SkbyvkEoBBI/AAAAAAAAJNI/uDV9ZMwIiJ0/s1600-h/wisc.jpg
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:48 pm UTC

HarleyQuinn wrote:Fess: I feel very shallow because while I'm mentally attracted to this guy, I'm still on the fence of persuing a relationship with him because I'm not physically attracted to him. Ugh. Stupid, shallow bitch.

That's not stupid or shallow. That's....totally reasonable.

Attraction is a part of a romantic relationship. It is a pretty important part. Don't play it down. And don't beat yourself up just because it matters to you.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 pm UTC

^what that guy said. No shame in letting your physical desires be a part of your decision-making process in terms of relationships. I mean, I certainly don't begrudge the girls who broke up with me because I was simply too hot to handle. It happens.
kira wrote:*piles up some limbs and blood and a couple hearts for good measure*
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.
*...pokes at it with a stick*

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:55 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:Don't forget the antibiotic gel. Took me half the game to figure out why I couldn't get a good score on that first incision. Oops.

I, uh, once failed because I put the bandage on wrong.

For some reason, getting the bandage right on first try was beyond me for the longest time.

Return to “General”