Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Aleril
Le Rail

Re: Confessional Bed - Not just for pillow talk!

Postby Aleril » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:41 am UTC

Confession: I have a TON of 360 games I still have left to play, and I just want to ignore the world and play them all in one sitting.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:08 am UTC

Fess: I'm proud of myself for reading a whole children's book. Sob.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:34 pm UTC

*sobs quietly*
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:36 am UTC

Re: Daily Mail

John Littlejohn. Whatabastard.

Did you hear about the polls? On the day of their "Wheelie bin revolution" For fucks sake get a life they put a poll up- "Should wheelie bins be scrapped?" 55% said no. A few days later, they asked "Should Gypsies be given priority in the NHS?" Most idiotic, loaded question ever, and a load of local DJs and liberal internet types rounded people up, myself included, and got it to 96% yes. It felt awesome.

For further reading of Daily Mail Exasperating Types, see [url]ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com[/url]. The commentate is pretty sweary, and obviously it's shooting dead fish in a barrel, but it can be a little amusing.

Nemphael

Postby Nemphael » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:40 pm UTC

Meh, I've gone all week hoping that tick wasn't carrying Lyme disease (Or some other fatal stuff). If it was, there should be a red ring of doom soon. So, meh.

Oh, and also: we don't even know each other and the first thing in a long time you want me to do is to sign up for games like IMVU so you'll get points. I mean, what the hell? Manipulation and persistence and "I'll bug you till you do it" doesn't really help, you know... I'd tell you how I don't like those kinds of games and how I don't like giving my personal details everywhere like that. But, hey, I won't. Still, going on like that for an hour...? Then start with yet another game? Heh, /really/, now? Take a hint!
Last edited by Nemphael on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:41 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Raeluna

Postby Raeluna » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:41 pm UTC

Fess: I have a ranking system on my cellphone. Everyone has the same normal ringing sound. But 2 best friends, parents, and SO get their own special ring that I let them pick out. Just so I can know immediately if they're calling me so I won't ignore the phone.
Because...a lot of the time I don't feel like talking to anyone with a plain ring. I'm such a cellphone elitist. :oops:
thicknavyrain wrote:Marry me. Now.

"So, why are you a fruit bat?"
"I dunno, healthier I guess."
"Well yeah, but 'I vant to suck your melons' just doesn't have the same ring to it."

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:08 am UTC

Everyone on my phone gets "Never Gonna Give You Up." I made the ringtone myself.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:15 am UTC

Raeluna wrote:Because...a lot of the time I don't feel like talking to anyone with a plain ring.
My solution so far has been to just not own a cell phone.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:49 am UTC

I can't figure out how to put rings on my cell phone, it's too fucking locked-down.

Luckily, my brother was kind enough to leave "Feuer Frei" on it.
That's my ringtone for everyone.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:57 am UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:
Raeluna wrote:Because...a lot of the time I don't feel like talking to anyone with a plain ring.

It works so fantastically!
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

Raeluna

Postby Raeluna » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:47 pm UTC

doogly wrote:
Alpha Omicron wrote:

My family has no landline phone so we don't have much choice in the matter. O.o We (my mom, stepdad, and me) have a cell phone so people can...yanno...contact us.
thicknavyrain wrote:Marry me. Now.

"So, why are you a fruit bat?"
"I dunno, healthier I guess."
"Well yeah, but 'I vant to suck your melons' just doesn't have the same ring to it."

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:23 am UTC

Raeluna wrote:My family has no landline phone so we don't have much choice in the matter. O.o We (my mom, stepdad, and me) have a cell phone so people can...yanno...contact us.
I use email and MSN for that. As of two months from now or so, I will once again be completely unreachable by phone. And you know what? It fucking rocks. I challenge you to make a list of all the calls (and text messages maybe) you get for a month, and see how many you would have preferred to have gotten by email, by MSN, or not at all.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Ati
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's dry, and slightly radioactive.

Postby Ati » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:38 am UTC

I've taken the first step towards that by eliminating voice mail. If you voicemail me, it gets logged by the machine, and then wallows in voicemail hell until either the heat death of the universe, or Verizon goes bankrupt, whichever comes first. On the other hand, I check my email with disturbing frequency.
I can kill you with my brain.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:29 am UTC

I communicate mostly through texting, although all my friends are slowly forgetting how to use email, replacing it with goddamn Facebook :@

Chai Kovsky wrote:Thatguy, you are my Big Damn Hero!
Thank you! You win the day!

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:16 am UTC

I really feel a need to talk to someone. Just talk about things that I'm thinking about. I don't feel like I can talk to anyone about me and what I want and like and am thinking about. I keep holding my thoughts in and I feel like I'm gonna explode mentally. I don't know, I just want to talk about me, it's eating me up.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." Hunter S. Thompson

"Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all." Neutral Milk Hotel

Snowflake

Postby Snowflake » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:58 am UTC

doogly wrote:
Alpha Omicron wrote:

I just put it on silent ring tone and check the missed calls.

I don't know... when you're talking to people and they suddenly whip out their phone for a non-emergency call, a completely unnecessary interruption... not sure how to put this but, something about it seems really fucking obnoxious.

Or people are just weird. :P
Death is permission to open freely as love.

unknown604

Postby unknown604 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:06 am UTC

Lithium33 wrote:I really feel a need to talk to someone. Just talk about things that I'm thinking about. I don't feel like I can talk to anyone about me and what I want and like and am thinking about. I keep holding my thoughts in and I feel like I'm gonna explode mentally. I don't know, I just want to talk about me, it's eating me up.

We all do, at least I do; that's why I'm here anyways. I let loose here because this is the only place where I can get away with it; without the needy, judgmental (but still, my best-est) friends that look to me for strength during a crisis.

I've just been informed that one of my closest childhood friends has committed suicide, which means that in just over a week's time, I'll be going to the third funeral and most likely writing the third eulogy in as many months. Surprisingly, I'm totally unfazed and I don't like this. I want to feel something; sad, angry, even happy would be better than this nothingness. I only find myself staring at a picture of him, asking myself why the hell he would do it.

I think that I'm turning into a Vulcan; I feel as if my decisions and life are totally devoid of emotion and that logic and rational thought are the only factors that I consider when I do things. I'm losing that defiant, impulsive edge that has so well defined who I am for the last decade. I'm turning into one of those guys that just goes with the flow and that's not me.

In short, I don't know how to feel, how to act, who I am or what to do, if anything.
If I get you angry, know that:
I have a talent at saying stupid things, either that or I'm drunk; and,
Normally I'd be ranting to my friends, but since they're gone, I have only the internet; and,
If I do this, call me out on it. Just don't call me crazy.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:15 am UTC

unknown604 wrote:
Lithium33 wrote:I really feel a need to talk to someone. Just talk about things that I'm thinking about. I don't feel like I can talk to anyone about me and what I want and like and am thinking about. I keep holding my thoughts in and I feel like I'm gonna explode mentally. I don't know, I just want to talk about me, it's eating me up.

We all do, at least I do; that's why I'm here anyways. I let loose here because this is the only place where I can get away with it; without the needy, judgmental (but still, my best-est) friends that look to me for strength during a crisis.

I've just been informed that one of my closest childhood friends has committed suicide, which means that in just over a week's time, I'll be going to the third funeral and most likely writing the third eulogy in as many months. Surprisingly, I'm totally unfazed and I don't like this. I want to feel something; sad, angry, even happy would be better than this nothingness. I only find myself staring at a picture of him, asking myself why the hell he would do it.

I think that I'm turning into a Vulcan; I feel as if my decisions and life are totally devoid of emotion and that logic and rational thought are the only factors that I consider when I do things. I'm losing that defiant, impulsive edge that has so well defined who I am for the last decade. I'm turning into one of those guys that just goes with the flow and that's not me.

In short, I don't know how to feel, how to act, who I am or what to do, if anything.

Yeah, I get that. I just have so many thoughts in my head, and I just want someone who will listen without judging me and such. It's hard to think and not be able to share it, because everyone else either doesn't care or or cares far too much. I just want to go one on one with someone, that always makes me feel better.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." Hunter S. Thompson

unknown604

Postby unknown604 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:31 am UTC

Lithium33 wrote:I just want to go one on one with someone, that always makes me feel better.

I know what you mean. The guy that used to fill that role for me killed himself in May. I've been trying to substitute him with various things/people, but nothing's really stuck. I've managed to keep myself going by throwing myself back into sports, however, I'm not quite sure how long it'll last.
Normally I'd be ranting to my friends, but since they're gone, I have only the internet; and,

HarleyQuinn

Postby HarleyQuinn » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:25 pm UTC

In the past two pages it seemed we came to the topic of secretkeepers to some extent. Or whatever.
It sucks being that friend. More than once its brought me to serious depression. Its not even keeping secrets, for me its more of a 'let's feel better by dumping the load of our shoulder's to Harley's." Which is fine every now and then, but not if everyone jumps you at the same time and you can't transfer any loads back. The weight adds up and you wind up collapsing.
And a good majority of friends are more than happy to help, even if they themselves are dieing on the inside. The past thought may or may not actually apply to people, but it applies to me 100%, and I feel better not directing it at myself.

Also, I'm sure he'll ask me. And because I've been reassured I'm not shallow or concieted, I'll say no. Though a relationship would have been nice...
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:29 pm UTC

The problem I have with being secret keeper for people is that I feel unable to do the same in return. How could I? How could I be so selfish to assume they had time for my problems, which would seem paltry in compariso(even if they weren't), as well as delaing with their own? I know most of my friends would be terribly hurt and upset by this, but that is just how I feel.

Edited for clarity, even if it is a bit clunkier now.
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

unknown604

Postby unknown604 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:53 pm UTC

HarleyQuinn wrote:In the past two pages it seemed we came to the topic of secretkeepers to some extent. Or whatever.
It sucks being that friend. More than once its brought me to serious depression. Its not even keeping secrets, for me its more of a 'let's feel better by dumping the load of our shoulder's to Harley's." Which is fine every now and then, but not if everyone jumps you at the same time and you can't transfer any loads back. The weight adds up and you wind up collapsing.

Holy crap. That sounds exactly like me, except that I've never really hit the collapse part; what does it feel like? If it's anything like I imagine it to be, (like a restructuring of GM only on an incredibly deep personal and emotional level) then I don't know how I'd feel about declaring total emotional bankruptcy.

HarleyQuinn wrote:And a good majority of friends are more than happy to help, even if they themselves are dieing on the inside. The past thought may or may not actually apply to people, but it applies to me 100%, and I feel better not directing it at myself.

Applies to me as well. Too bad that I almost never take them up on it because I'm just too damn proud.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:56 pm UTC

I like it when people tell me things about them that are private. It makes me feel like I matter to someone. I don't have that many of those people, so I guess that's why I have never felt emotionally shut down.

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:00 pm UTC

blue_eyedspacemonkey wrote:The problem I have with being secret keeper for people is that I feel unable to do the same in return. How could I? How could I be so selfish to assume they had time for my problems, which would seem paltry in comparison(even if they weren't), as well as dealing with their own? I know most of my friends would be terribly hurt and upset by this, but that is just how I feel.

I get what you mean. It's fairly tough for me to open up to most who has gone and unloaded to me. It seems to me, though, that every good relationship should have a back and forth way of secret-keeping. I've pored some of my deepest secrets to the three people that I feel that I'm closest to and they've done it back to me. It's not just getting them to feel better, it's also learning a bit more about them. It's like Lithium said, it's a sign of confidence and trust to me.

I honestly love my position as secret-keeper, for some reason. It makes me feel closer to my friends and I honestly can't stand by and rest easily while they're hurt. As opposed to being burdened when I have too many problems, I'm in a panic when I feel that I'm not helping enough.

Maybe I'm a weird kind of outlier?

[ Also, *hugs* all around! It feels as if they're needed. ]
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

crickets

Postby crickets » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:09 pm UTC

Fess: my job fluctuates between awesome an extremely frustrating far, far too frequently. Like today, when i'm exhausted and have no idea what time i finish work, and one of my bosses spent all day putting down my ideas. Yay.

Fess2: I can't 'fess any of the stuff that really bothers me, because the person causing most of the sad/angry/hurt feelings stalks me on here, and will yell at my lady about how awful i am if i try and say anything. Frustrating. Sometimes i wish she'd just be mad at /me/, instead of taking it out on someone i love. I know she hates me...
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:16 pm UTC

Fess: From looking at the big ol' folder of textures i've thieved from the interwebs, for art purposes, it seems i'm worryingly in love with rust and general metal dilapidation.

Mmm...tetanus rust.
i dare you to take me on...

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:15 pm UTC

crickets wrote:Fess: my job fluctuates between awesome an extremely frustrating far, far too frequently. Like today, when i'm exhausted and have no idea what time i finish work, and one of my bosses spent all day putting down my ideas. Yay.

Fess2: I can't 'fess any of the stuff that really bothers me, because the person causing most of the sad/angry/hurt feelings stalks me on here, and will yell at my lady about how awful i am if i try and say anything. Frustrating. Sometimes i wish she'd just be mad at /me/, instead of taking it out on someone i love. I know she hates me...

That sucks. Back when I was having huge problems with my now-boyfriend, I'd vent on here...until I found out he was reading everything I wrote. I stopped, but he'd taken away one of my support systems, and that was frustrating and caused a lot of resentment.

Maybe you could start an anonymous account for venting? Quite a few people do that over in LSR.

Also: Hey, whoever is stalking Crickets - stop it. It's not nice. You're not a bigger person for doing it, and it's petty.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

arcane

Postby arcane » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:58 am UTC

I really don't have anyone to talk to, well I never really had anyone to talk to. Always felt like I have been forced to keep it all locked in my head or talk to myself see what responses I get back, which strangely is rather good advice(getting out of the house, trying to make a friend) but I don't have the energy or motivation to follow though with such things. And keeping it all in my head well I know that isn't healthy, but it is under lock and key with said padlock being titanium. And my trust/anxiety issues don't help a bit. If I tell them what I think what chance is it that they will use that information against me,it has happened more then once. That and I can't just talk to random people. I have no clue as to what their reaction is going to be, what is going though their mind, what they will think of me.
And I feel lonely as fel right now. I just wonder when the scale will tip and having some sort of social contact will weigh over my fear of anxiety/ awkwardness. And that is an obtuse weight to get over.

I know these things yet I can't act, I'm not use to acting.
I do not think outside or inside it the box, there was no box to begin with.

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:09 am UTC

NecklaceOfShadow wrote:I get what you mean. It's fairly tough for me to open up to most who has gone and unloaded to me. It seems to me, though, that every good relationship should have a back and forth way of secret-keeping. I've pored some of my deepest secrets to the three people that I feel that I'm closest to and they've done it back to me. It's not just getting them to feel better, it's also learning a bit more about them. It's like Lithium said, it's a sign of confidence and trust to me.

I honestly love my position as secret-keeper, for some reason. It makes me feel closer to my friends and I honestly can't stand by and rest easily while they're hurt. As opposed to being burdened when I have too many problems, I'm in a panic when I feel that I'm not helping enough.

Maybe I'm a weird kind of outlier?

[ Also, *hugs* all around! It feels as if they're needed. ]

Everything Necklace said *points at sig*
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:44 am UTC

I can't believe how desperate I feel to talk to someone. There are so many people I know and yet I feel alone. It makes me feel emo and bad. I just want to be able to talk to someone honestly, so bad. Can someone please talk with me?

Subtly_in_your_Mind

Postby Subtly_in_your_Mind » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:11 am UTC

Add me to the "no one I can talk to anything deeply about" list. I do have one friend whom I can share just about anything with, but I haven't managed to get in contact with her for almost a month. Add the fact that I've lost two friends over this past summer and a nervous breakdown two days ago, I'm feeling really worn out.

Guess that's why everyone says we have therapists. There really are only a handful of people that like to reveal their innermost secrets in the world.

FES: I would rather marry a robot woman then try a real one if given the choice.

P.S. If anyone out there is bored, you're welcome to give me a ring sometime. God this world sucks sometimes.

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:38 pm UTC

...I am pretty booked out at the moment, but my PM box is always free if anyone wants to talk...

PS: I have started making rings. What's your ringsize? *half-joking*
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:15 pm UTC

I am completely worthless I've wasted a whole day and I can't think of anything to do. I am a loser, and have no life. I'm gonna drive around in my car, at least I'll be doing something. I hate myself.

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:18 pm UTC

Nemphael wrote:Meh, I've gone all week hoping that tick wasn't carrying Lyme disease (Or some other fatal stuff). If it was, there should be a red ring of doom soon. So, meh.

Lyme disease doesn't always get you a ring. I (probably) had it a bit back, so I did some poking around on the Tubes for symptoms and whatnot, and only about half or so of cases produce rings? Eye Eye Arr Cee.

On the other hand, if you catch it early and nuke it with antibiotics it almost always goes away. It might be worth seeing a doctor about that, just in case; proper symptoms won't show up for a while, and at that point it'll be more difficult to treat.
Have you given up?

sje46

Postby sje46 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:00 am UTC

So I google image searched "ingrown hair" with safesearch off. I got a little upset (well, not that upset) that I saw a picture of a vulva (what with teh fact I potentially could have family behind me).
I completely failed to notice the exposed brain pictures in the top row.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:31 am UTC

Confession: I logged on for the initial purpose of replying to the long-dead Chat Monster thread, and forgot about it until now because I had to figure out my password since I haven't logged on in over a year.

Edit: I lied. It's only been 10 months.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:40 am UTC

Fess: even when I ate meat, I always preferred vegetarian bacon to the real thing.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Ati
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's dry, and slightly radioactive.

Postby Ati » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:45 am UTC

eternal luna wrote:Fess: even when I ate meat, I always preferred vegetarian bacon to the real thing.

...I'm pretty sure we have to kill you for that.
I can kill you with my brain.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:01 am UTC

I feel pretty ok right now. And that is a major improvement. Although it is fairly tenuous. I am dismayed at how much of my self-worth comes from my friends. :|

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:20 am UTC

Akira wrote:Edit: I lied. It's only been 10 months.
I totally remember you. Insig Dei was gone, then back for a couple of posts, and apparently back to being gone again.

Return to “General”