Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Re: Confessional Bed - Not just for pillow talk!

Postby Jessica » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:20 am UTC

I can't see my best friend anymore. She's not conducive to a healthy life. Our relationship is far too toxic for both of our good. I miss her. I love her, and miss her, and I think she really hates me, even if she might still love me, and miss me.

I hate losing friends, especially for "the good". Screw healthy, just give her back.

Today has been one of the worst days in recent memories. But, I'm doing better now... sort of. I think I actually am getting better... in a chemicals need to be constantly inputted for reasonable function to occur from now until I die way. I still don't feel like I'm worth anything.

I miss my best friend.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:31 am UTC

mrbaggins wrote:
GraphiteGirl wrote:
mrbaggins wrote:What month do you dislike most?

*glare*

You know why I am glaring, hobbit, you know why.

I didn't do it! I swears!

Please accept humble apologies and copious cookies. Also, they come with a set of free steak knives!

Plus, it was a good question...

Hah, it's ok, I pinched your sandwich question.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:18 am UTC

Fess: I am apathetic about everything except my relationship. I don't care about my co-op job, my schoolwork, the future, my family or even my health. All that seems to matter to me is having fun by shirking responsibility, and her. Except I don't think I love her. I still think of my best friend romantically more than I do her.
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:27 am UTC

Jessica wrote:I can't see my best friend anymore. She's not conducive to a healthy life. Our relationship is far too toxic for both of our good. I miss her. I love her, and miss her, and I think she really hates me, even if she might still love me, and miss me.

I hate losing friends, especially for "the good". Screw healthy, just give her back.

Today has been one of the worst days in recent memories. But, I'm doing better now... sort of. I think I actually am getting better... in a chemicals need to be constantly inputted for reasonable function to occur from now until I die way. I still don't feel like I'm worth anything.

I miss my best friend.

This reminded me of something I'd forgotten :(

I went to hug my best friend good-bye, only to have her leave. Twice in the same night.

I really think she's starving our friendship for "the good," as she's recently deemed some topics of conversation off-limits.

Vandole wrote:I still think of my best friend romantically more than I do [my girlfriend].

This, too.

Chai Kovsky wrote:Thatguy, you are my Big Damn Hero!
Thank you! You win the day!

unknown604

Postby unknown604 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:48 am UTC

I'm writing the eulogy for one of my closest friends and it seems as if all that I can write is angry and insulting to his memory. I wish that I hadn't read his suicide note, if I hadn't I would have been done a long time ago.

On a related note, I'm looking at pictures of my friends and can't help but think about how disappointed I am in some of them. Then I look at myself and think the same of myself. I'm getting down on myself far too often for my liking.
If I get you angry, know that:
I have a talent at saying stupid things, either that or I'm drunk; and,
Normally I'd be ranting to my friends, but since they're gone, I have only the internet; and,
If I do this, call me out on it. Just don't call me crazy.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:21 am UTC

Unknown, as someone who has been in your shoes, it's pretty normal. To be honest, I don't think it's a bad thing if you include some of your anger. A eulogy doesn't have to hold someone on a pedestal. It's all about getting that emotion out, and working through it. Remembering the good and the bad.

edit:
Jessica wrote:I miss my best friend.

This. Very much this.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:28 am UTC

Confession. I'm perfectly happy. Because of that i have not visited these boards in a long long time. Also, I am indeed so happy that my girlfriend seems to think that I have no ambitions in life.
She is of course wrong. I have just Achieved them all and I'm trying to think of new ones.

EDIT confession:
I read Unknowns post. Now I feel rather smug saying what I did.
Unknown. Include that anger and dissapointment. It's going to be read at a funeral. Noone is expecting it to be all that cheerful, especially considering the circumstance.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 pm UTC

I always feel like my best friend is avoiding me, even when he just is doing other things. This odd paranoia fills me. I really wish I could just get over it.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." Hunter S. Thompson

"Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all." Neutral Milk Hotel

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:17 pm UTC

Lithium33 wrote:I always feel like my best friend is avoiding me, even when he just is doing other things. This odd paranoia fills me. I really wish I could just get over it.
I know exactly what you mean sir.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 pm UTC

Confession: A good friend of mine considers me to be one of her best friends. She feels very emotionally close to me and basically wants me to feel like I can confide in her. (Before I say anything else, allow me to make a disclaimer. She is absolutely in love with someone else and I have no feelings for her or attraction towards her whatsoever. It's completely platonic. I know this is probably unnecessary, but I've had too many people assume that she likes me or I like her.) To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of starting to resent her because of her eagerness to be close to me. I feel like an awful friend. Here are the reasons that I feel like I can't talk to her about many things:

1. I am a private person by nature. I'm quite social, but I almost always keep anything that's troubling me to myself. It's not anyone's business but my own.
2. Quite honestly, I have trouble trusting people.
3. It seems like she thinks that because she tells me very personal things, she deserves to know about all of my personal issues. She was once upset at me for failing to mention something in my personal life that happened before I knew her.
4. I know she talks to her "best friends" about other people's personal problems. Not like gossiping, though. More like, "I'm worried about so-and-so, because she told me that she's feeling X about Y. What do you think I should tell her? Don't tell anyone I mentioned it, though." I only tell really personal things to people that I'm confident won't share it with anybody for any reason.
5. She has a very limited capacity for understanding things from other points of view. She can't emotionally distance herself from an issue. She's one of those people who feels attacked when someone challenges her argument in a debate if it's something she really cares about.
6. She has said, "No, I am not open minded," as if it were something to be proud of. Seriously, that is an exact quote. She is absolutely convinced of her rightness in politics, religion, etc.
7. She's homophobic. She wouldn't admit it, but she is. She's made very homophobic remarks on several occasions. In one case, such a remark was enough to make one of my friends stand up and snarl "Get the FUCK out of my room." She was furious at him for days because, "He can't talk to me like that!"

She's a friend. She's said before that she feels like I'm her brother. I just feel like I can't open up to her, and I kind of resent her attempts to try to get me to open up.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:59 am UTC

Gojoe wrote:
Lithium33 wrote:I always feel like my best friend is avoiding me, even when he just is doing other things. This odd paranoia fills me. I really wish I could just get over it.
I know exactly what you mean sir.

Yes, this is compounded by the fact I have no other friends, and he does, so there is even more of an issue with me there.

Fess: I am on here rather than playing Xbox with said friend and other "friends" (I use the term loosely). I don't really appreciate being insulted by the other "friends", even if it is in supposed jest. I like you people better.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." Hunter S. Thompson

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:17 am UTC

@ParanoidAndroid: Yeah, I know how you feel.

>_> Although in my case it wasn't a "She's homophobic and bigoted but she's still my friend, right?" thing so much as it was a "He's a closeted Nazi sympathizer who oozes dogmatic hatred of 'Lesser Beings' in practically all media, but, he's still my friend, right?" thing. To be honest, she sounds more like a "friendly acquaintance" to you than a "friend". Since I'm kind of a jerk, I'd probably tell her that I didn't consider her a close friend straight up, but whatever's your style, bro.

I am also a very private person, IRL, except when seriously cranked up on sugar, caffeine, and sleep deprivation. Then I'm talkative. Too talkative. I may even speak to strangers in a variety of purportedly amusing, likely disturbing ways, because my control over my external monologue vanishes like the morning dew in Arizona in August.

Like now, for example. Heh.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:30 am UTC

I have just started to feel bad for not playing Xbox with friends tonight.

Oh, and this forum has become my emotional worddump. Just to let you all know.

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:52 am UTC

Confession: Whenever I've just woken up I feel really active and like I should be doing things. Yesterday it was making breakfast in bed for Lolsaur and myself and today it's been cleaning (which I can't finish until Lolsaur's up because most of the mess is in my room). I know that all it means is that by lunch time I am going to be knackered, but I can't help it. I have all this energy and I need to be doing something before I lose it.
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:23 am UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:I am also a very private person, IRL, except when seriously cranked up on sugar, caffeine, and sleep deprivation. Then I'm talkative. Too talkative. I may even speak to strangers in a variety of purportedly amusing, likely disturbing ways, because my control over my external monologue vanishes like the morning dew in Arizona in August.

Heehee. Get me into anything that looks like it could lead to an altered state of mind (sleep deprivation, beer) so my consciousness can pretend it is no longer fully functional, and I drop all barriers.
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:35 am UTC

I've got basically no barriers any time, and my balance isn't the best. And my speech doesn't get any worse by alcohol. This is a problem... Noone noticed i'm drunk untill i suddenly excuse my self and go somewhere out of sight to pass out.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:52 am UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:@ParanoidAndroid: Yeah, I know how you feel.

>_> Although in my case it wasn't a "She's homophobic and bigoted but she's still my friend, right?" thing so much as it was a "He's a closeted Nazi sympathizer who oozes dogmatic hatred of 'Lesser Beings' in practically all media, but, he's still my friend, right?" thing. To be honest, she sounds more like a "friendly acquaintance" to you than a "friend". Since I'm kind of a jerk, I'd probably tell her that I didn't consider her a close friend straight up, but whatever's your style, bro.

That's the strange thing. She's definitely more than a "friendly acquaintance". She really is a good friend. I'm only really freely "emotionally open" to a select few people, and these people and I are very like-minded. I know that if I ask them to keep something quiet, they will. She wants me to be honest and emotionally open with her, but there are plenty of things that I either won't talk to her about, either because I feel that they aren't her business, she'd take it very poorly, or she'd talk to someone else about it.
I am also a very private person, IRL, except when seriously cranked up on sugar, caffeine, and sleep deprivation. Then I'm talkative. Too talkative. I may even speak to strangers in a variety of purportedly amusing, likely disturbing ways, because my control over my external monologue vanishes like the morning dew in Arizona in August.

Like now, for example. Heh.

Haha, yeah, I'm pretty consistently private. There are really only two or three people that I feel like I can talk to about anything. I suppose the fact that they all remind me of myself in a lot of ways probably says something about my trust issues. :?

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:02 am UTC

I am going to be so sleep deprived. This is going to be a fun day to try and stay awake. :D

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:22 am UTC

I'm feeling pretty stupid (for reasons unrelated to my above posts). Variations on a theme, I suppose.

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:35 am UTC

oops wrong topic

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:40 am UTC

luketheduke wrote:Heehee. Get me into anything that looks like it could lead to an altered state of mind (sleep deprivation, beer) so my consciousness can pretend it is no longer fully functional, and I drop all barriers.
Gods, I am exactly the same- I shouldn't be allowed contact with people in these states, but I'm more likely to seek it out then and either reveal things of a sensitive nature or just make a complete ass out of myself. More often the latter.

Fess: Looking through patterns for baby hats and booties seems to be stirring something within me. What the hell, self? I hate small children.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:32 am UTC

Par*click*
Damn me and my tab-completion disorder

ParanoidAndroid!
To be honest your friend there does not sound much like a friend. If you can't trust her not to talk about your personal stuff to others and you can't trust her to respect your opinions though they may vary from her own... That really doesn't sound like a friend at all! Those are the two most important things about friends! To quote a cliché... "That's what friends are for".

Furthermore a friend should be able to respect that you have trust issues and not be upset (thusly dissaproving of you and making you feel worse about it). A friend respects and accepts your flaws and cherishes your perks.

To give any actual advice I'd say: Give her one chance. Tell her that you have trust issues and that you want her to respect that. If she can't then you can't be her friend. Because you really can't or won't be able to in the long run.

tl;dr
Being a magnificently pleasant person does not make you a good friend.

(Example, my best friend Jerker (yes i know stupid in translation, though sorta fitting) is a complete bastard. He can be an utter swine at times, but I'd trust him with my life)

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Fess: I'm asking my friend if he wants to hang out, but I really don't have a need to hang out with him. I hung out with him yesterday for a bit, and now I really don't feel a need. I'm just going through the motions of asking. I really am not a sociable person.

smw543

Postby smw543 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:31 am UTC

I'm watching Batman Returns. I'm a bad person and I should feel bad. :oops:

EDIT: "Eat floor!" *slam*
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:21 am UTC

Lithium33 wrote:Fess: I'm asking my friend if he wants to hang out, but I really don't have a need to hang out with him. I hung out with him yesterday for a bit, and now I really don't feel a need. I'm just going through the motions of asking. I really am not a sociable person.

I just had a friendship reaffirming night with said friend. We had a Deep Talk for roughly 3 hours, preceded by me getting naturally high off driving between 80-110 MPH on a highway with him in the passenger seat while listening to Black Holes and Revolutions on full volume. I love driving really fast, it is a ridiculous rush.

I do not know where I would be without him. My friend is the best person in my life. I feel like I would be completely lost without him. He considers me one of only two people he considers best friends.

Tonight was one of the best nights I have had in a very long time.

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:56 am UTC

Lithium33 wrote:
Lithium33 wrote:Fess: I'm asking my friend if he wants to hang out, but I really don't have a need to hang out with him. I hung out with him yesterday for a bit, and now I really don't feel a need. I'm just going through the motions of asking. I really am not a sociable person.

I just had a friendship reaffirming night with said friend. We had a Deep Talk for roughly 3 hours, preceded by me getting naturally high off driving between 80-110 MPH on a highway with him in the passenger seat while listening to Black Holes and Revolutions on full volume. I love driving really fast, it is a ridiculous rush.

I do not know where I would be without him. My friend is the best person in my life. I feel like I would be completely lost without him. He considers me one of only two people he considers best friends.

Tonight was one of the best nights I have had in a very long time.

This is awesome. Many a good thing happens when Muse is playing loudly in a moving vehicle.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

unknown604

Postby unknown604 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:25 am UTC

I very rarely come here whilst sober or otherwise thinking clearly.
This is not one of those times.

Lithium33 wrote:I love driving really fast, it is a ridiculous rush.

This just reminded me of how shitty my life has gotten in the last few months.
Up until recently, driving was my passion, my tried and true stress reliever, but now I just get depressed at the thought.
It doesn't help that if I did want to go driving, I'd have to drive out of the city to find a highway to do so, and even then, I'd still need to find fix that stupid transmission first.

Not to mention that I'm in the process of getting totally wasted, alone.

Lithium33 wrote:I do not know where I would be without her. My friend is the best person in my life. I feel like I would be completely lost without her. She considers me one of only two people she considers best friends.

Fixed for how I still feel about my now ex-Best Friend even though she cheated on me and then yelled at me because of it.

I just finished writing and editing the third eulogy in as many months. I'm considering ripping it up and just saying whatever comes to me when I get up there. I'm heavily considering just reading out his suicide note and then ranting about it. I'll probably just make up my mind when I wake up later on today.

I somehow feel as if I've failed or am failing in my duties as a friend. I don't really know why.

Oh well. Sleepy time!
Normally I'd be ranting to my friends, but since they're gone, I have only the internet; and,

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:34 pm UTC

I'm disturbed by how easy I found it to spend over six hours in the same position, fiddling with my Rubik's cube and thinking awful things. I've either misplaced or run out of my anti-psychotics, and I'm not sure which is the reasonable voice anymore. Some self-enforced isolation is in order; I don't want to spray any more of my toxic stink all over such lovely people. And I guess I sort of feel I need a record of this somewhere? I don't know. Eh, the person who needs to know where I go can find such things.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:05 am UTC

BAH! No isolation ever did anyone troubled any good. Humans are pack animals. While you might not want to depend or bother your friends, it isn't wrong to ask them for help.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:20 am UTC

I am still riding high after yesterday's happiness. I don't feel alone and that is better than anything else.

I really like not being bleh.

I
eternal luna wrote:I'm disturbed by how easy I found it to spend over six hours in the same position, fiddling with my Rubik's cube and thinking awful things. I've either misplaced or run out of my anti-psychotics, and I'm not sure which is the reasonable voice anymore. Some self-enforced isolation is in order; I don't want to spray any more of my toxic stink all over such lovely people. And I guess I sort of feel I need a record of this somewhere? I don't know. Eh, the person who needs to know where I go can find such things.

Hey, I'm here if you need to talk or stuff. Still stands to see how much I can help, but I offer my support.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:22 am UTC

I remain in emotional homeostasis thusly:

10 Avoid other people until self-loathing threshold reached
20 Be social until arrogance threshold reached
30 GOTO 10
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

rath358
The bone of my bone

Postby rath358 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:45 am UTC

fess: I am addited to runescape and the fora

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:49 am UTC

I may be addicted to one of those two.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:04 am UTC

I'm not addicted.

*refresh*
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:05 am UTC

I think it would be interesting to see home many times a day I view the active topics page... It is easily in the triple digits.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:30 am UTC

I am addicted to this place when I am happy, and past addicted when I am not.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:38 am UTC

I could quit any time I wanted to.

I just don't want to quit.

Seriously.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:04 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:I could quit any time I wanted to.

I just don't want to quit.

Seriously.

Hey, out of all the things to be addicted to, this is very low on the badness. I am okay with saying I'm psychologically addicted to this place.

unknown604

Postby unknown604 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:27 am UTC

Lithium33 wrote:I am addicted to this place when I am happy, and past addicted when I am not.

Me too. That's what happens when you replace the people you'd be talking to IRL with the internet.

Speaking of which:

T'was a good day today yesterday. Great even. Got to give two very emotional FUCK YOU's without actually saying it.

Laid a friend to rest and said my piece. It felt like a huge load was lifted off my shoulders. His parents and school chums are pissed at me, oh well, to hell with them, we were his real friends and he willed everything to us.

After the funeral, our old racing mentors physically dragged me and the rest of us to the old kart track for some "therapy". It actually worked, though it took 30 minutes of flying hot laps and for them to tell me that I just set the overall track record, which ex-Best Friend held for 6 years. Even better was that she was racing right beside me, and the only thing she could do was watch as I passed her. She winced each and every time; I just felt better and better.

I shouldn't feel happy right now, but I do. I feel like such a shitty person, but I shouldn't, or should I? I don't think that watching someone you love(d?) self-destruct in front of you should be this enjoyable, if so at all, especially since I'm self-destructing a bit too.

Oh well, I haven't had a swig of alcohol in nearly 23 hours and that's all that matters to me for now.

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:55 am UTC

I have to stop over thinking my life.

Return to “General”