Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

zug

Re: Confessional Bed - Not just for pillow talk!

Postby zug » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:27 am UTC

There is no perfect family, just like there's no perfect person. I thought mine was perfect when I was a kid. That was before I lost my naivete and found out about the random sexual abuse enacted by creepy uncles, the drugs done behind garage doors, and many more fun skeletons besides!

WASPy families always seem so perfectly ordinary until you dig really deeply, I've found.

hell of a page topper O_O
Velifer wrote:Go to the top of a tower, drop a heavy weight and a photon, observe when they hit the ground.

smw543

Postby smw543 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:28 am UTC

krynd wrote:...The idea that human sexuality should be repressed is an idea out of the Dark Ages...
FUN FACT!: The Dark Ages were actually pretty relaxed regarding sexuality. Modern prudishness originated in Victorian England (19th century).

Fess: I don't have a fess. :o
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Snowflake

Postby Snowflake » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:45 am UTC

zug wrote:There is no perfect family, just like there's no perfect person. I thought mine was perfect when I was a kid. That was before I lost my naivete and found out about the random sexual abuse enacted by creepy uncles, the drugs done behind garage doors, and many more fun skeletons besides!

WASPy families always seem so perfectly ordinary until you dig really deeply, I've found.

hell of a page topper O_O

Lucky you feel good about your immediate family. I'd imagine that most families nowadays do more harm than good. Damn society.

smw543 wrote:
krynd wrote:...The idea that human sexuality should be repressed is an idea out of the Dark Ages...
FUN FACT!: The Dark Ages were actually pretty relaxed regarding sexuality. Modern prudishness originated in Victorian England (19th century).
I remember in Rome gay sex was indistinguishable from straight sex.
Death is permission to open freely as love.

zug

Postby zug » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:48 am UTC

Snowflake wrote:Lucky you feel good about your immediate family. I'd imagine that most families nowadays do more harm than good. Damn society.

I don't. That was just when I was too young to doubt their infallibility,
Spoiler:
and before my father molested me. heh
Velifer wrote:Go to the top of a tower, drop a heavy weight and a photon, observe when they hit the ground.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:07 am UTC

Snowflake wrote: I remember in Rome gay sex was indistinguishable from straight sex.

You remember Rome?
Also, I have no idea what you could be talking about.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

Snowflake

Postby Snowflake » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:57 am UTC

zug wrote:I don't. That was just when I was too young to doubt their infallibility,
Spoiler:
and before my father molested me. heh

God damn, fucking lowlives...

doogly wrote:
Snowflake wrote: I remember in Rome gay sex was indistinguishable from straight sex.

You remember Rome?
Also, I have no idea what you could be talking about.
As I expected, somebody quickly pointing out the use of remember. :P
But yes, Fun Fact: in certain parts of ancient Rome, no distinction was made between straight sex and gay sex.

Guilty Pleasure Fess: Trapping people into pointing out the obvious. For them, it's an ego's quick response to create a false sense of superiority. And in my case, the ego derives pleasure and a false sense of superiority from leading people into such a trap. I hate doing things like this. It's like preying on easy targets - egotistical entertainment. Fuck, I've got to let go of my ego. It's not good for anyone. Humility's the one thing I have a hard time developing. :(

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:13 am UTC

That is neither fun nor a fact. You don't read a lot of Latin, do you? Go check out De Rerum Natura book 4, that's got some nice explicit straight sex in it. And perhaps you are familiar with the Lex Scantinia passed during the Republic?
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

SummerGlauFan

Postby SummerGlauFan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:21 am UTC

Actually, if I remember correctly, homosexual intercourse had almost zero romantic properties in Rome, and was regarded as little more than a fun little thing to do.

Meh, I was only half paying attention to that history channel show anyway, so I might be wrong.
glasnt wrote:"As she raised her rifle against the creature, her hair fluttered beneath the red florescent lighting of the locked down building.

I knew from that moment that she was something special"

Outbreak, a tale of love and zombies.

In stores now.

krynd

Postby krynd » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:41 am UTC

smw543 wrote:

Fess: I don't have a fess. :o

Fun Fact: I was using "an idea out of the Dark Ages" as a cliché, not an actual statement of fact.

Confession: When I was younger, I thought Victorian England was an awesome place. Then I grew up and realized what stuck-up pricks they were about everything.

Confession2: While I seem to have mellowed out ever since I cut out hardcore death metal from my in-car CD collection (I'd listen to it on the way to work), I'm still a complete asshat at times to people at work. Guess I really do hate being there, and hope the damn economy would recover to the point where even another fast food job becomes available.

Yep, times are so tough in my area, there's significant competition for burger-flippin' jobs, and for the past few months or so, no one has even bothered posting a "we're hiring" sign: word-of-mouth spreads that fast amongst the unemployed, apparently. Either that, or they're complete jackasses who don't want honest people to have a chance at even meager employment.
Dangermouse wrote:I hope this doesn't mirror too much of what you've read--and btw, you should read less and do more. No one takes good pictures or runs a marathon sitting on their couch surfing the internet.

WCG xkcd team

SPsnow02

Postby SPsnow02 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:00 am UTC

Fess: I find it kinda ironically funny that a few weeks ago I had trouble thinking of difficult situations I have had to deal with for college essays, and just in time to write them I find out my dad has cancer. Fuck cancer.
Rawr!

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:46 am UTC

SPsnow02 wrote:Fess: I find it kinda ironically funny that a few weeks ago I had trouble thinking of difficult situations I have had to deal with for college essays, and just in time to write them I find out my dad has cancer. Fuck cancer.

That's awful. Really sorry to hear that. *hugs*

apoklips

Postby apoklips » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:02 am UTC

When I get lonely, I come here and read all the posts, even though I seldom participate in any discussions. Something about it just makes me feel better.
"Wow, sarcasm! That's original..." - Dr. Horrible

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:32 pm UTC

SPsnow02 wrote:Fuck cancer.

I'll drink to that.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

GoodRudeFun

Postby GoodRudeFun » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:32 pm UTC

Armadillo Al wrote:

I'll drink to that.
As will I. My best friend went through cancer and is still recovering from chemo. I hated hearing about what it did to him, and felt so bad because he was so far away and there was nothing i could do. But he made it, so I'm thankful for that. And these days cancer isn't the death sentance it used to be, so there is hope for your dad.

My sister might have cancer now too. She's lagging behind on getting the bloodwork done to find out... she shouldn't (have cancer) though. There has to be some universal law where only so many people that are close to you can get cancer. There needs to be some kind of limit.

Fuck cancer indeed.
Oh. Well that's alright then.

Snowflake

Postby Snowflake » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:46 pm UTC

^ There's a book called "Anticancer" (All of us have cancer cells in our bodies, but not all of us will develop cancer) by Dr. David Servan-Schreiber, M.D., Ph.D.

He was diagnosed with brain cancer a while back, and since he's a doctor he had direct access to the latest medical research and equipment, not to mention connections. Long story short, the book's the result of his research and the long journey he went through, both his own cancer life and those of other cancer patients.
His cancer went away once, came back, and went away again. He lives a completely cancer-free life now. Alongside the stories, he shows us the details of his research and how we can prevent and fight cancer just by changing our lifestyles and the food we eat. It's one hell of a book. :)

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:51 pm UTC

Fess: despite the amount of respect I lost for my mother as a child every time she demonstrated her entrenched racism, parts of it seem to have sunk into me. :| It took me ten years to realise that "narrow eyes" in Russian was not actually the word for "Chinese".
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

smw543

Postby smw543 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:20 pm UTC

krynd wrote:
smw543 wrote:
Fun Fact: I was using "an idea out of the Dark Ages" as a cliché, not an actual statement of fact.
I know. I think you have misinterpreted the concept of the "Fun Fact."

Fess: I'm clearly incapable of taking care of myself; I'm down to 130 lbs. "One meal a day isn't enough? Since when?!"
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:50 am UTC

GoodRudeFun wrote:
Armadillo Al wrote:

I'll drink to that.
As will I. My best friend went through cancer and is still recovering from chemo. I hated hearing about what it did to him, and felt so bad because he was so far away and there was nothing i could do. But he made it, so I'm thankful for that. And these days cancer isn't the death sentance it used to be, so there is hope for your dad.

My sister might have cancer now too. She's lagging behind on getting the bloodwork done to find out... she shouldn't (have cancer) though. There has to be some universal law where only so many people that are close to you can get cancer. There needs to be some kind of limit.

Fuck cancer indeed.

This.
My grandmother died of varied cancers (that started out as colon cancer) in a palliative care centre the day after my year 12 exams finished. I got to spend her last days in her care room, frantically studying because she wanted me to do well and not waste the year, instead of spending time with her.

Fuck cancer with a large, sharp stick. SPsnow and GoddRudeFun, *hugs* if you'll have them.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

It Should Be Real
Ninja Sauce Container

Postby It Should Be Real » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:11 am UTC

+1 for the cancerfucking spree.
My Aunt dying from cancer was the reason that my mother and I moved to York when I was 3 or 4, to look after her two children. And since then I've learned about all of the horrible, horrible diseases that run in my family. On both sides.
Which leads us to..
'fess: I refuse to get tested for any of these horrible hereditary diseases... because then if I have them I'll have to .. y'know.. deal with them. :/ I for one prefer blissful ignorance.

GoodRudeFun

Postby GoodRudeFun » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:19 am UTC

Confession: i feel stupid for complaining about cancer because no one I know died from it. I don't think I could handle it if my friend had died of cancer. I don't know if I could handle it if my sister even has it....

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:43 am UTC

I just went over into Dear SB, because... well, not quite sure why. Maybe just because I like to be helpful if ever I can (*points at sig*), and people are interesting and their lives are interesting, and their perspective on their lives is sometimes extraordinary to read.
And now I feel like a psychological voyeur, but it's not like that. More like being reminded that the inside of everyone else's mind is just as odd and Escherish and complex as your own, and there are things going on in there that would never occur to you.
Anyway, I went in, and read, and read more, and ...
I feel absurdly lucky. And more than a little tempted to actually undertake some sort of psychological training.

Edit: Also makes me want to stick a copy of this all around my house, and stop thinking I'm going to be useful.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:47 pm UTC

Fuck salt!
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

Tautology

Postby Tautology » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:28 pm UTC

A confession! This always happens to me. And not even in a satisfactory way! I am in a long-term relationship with the perfect guy. He's funny, good-looking, intelligent, and I can talk to him about anything.

Despite this, for some reason I've decided to become intensely attracted to a loud, smarmy, attention-seeking, compulsively lying twat. He would be wrong for me in every way. We got trashed two nights ago and drunkenly kissed. Being a moral person, I told my understandably upset boyfriend and we are getting over this terrible mistake I made. Yet in a horrible way, it was completely amazing and I can't stop thinking about it.

My brain sucks.

CVSoul

Postby CVSoul » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:02 pm UTC

smw543 wrote:Fess: I'm clearly incapable of taking care of myself; I'm down to 130 lbs. "One meal a day isn't enough? Since when?!"

This. Only I'm only down to 145.
Fesswise, I don't know whether I really waaaaaaaaant to be healthy. It may or may not be worth it.
kellsbells wrote:My other car is a plain, unmarked white van.

GoodRudeFun

Postby GoodRudeFun » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:26 pm UTC

CVSoul wrote:
smw543 wrote:Fess: I'm clearly incapable of taking care of myself; I'm down to 130 lbs. "One meal a day isn't enough? Since when?!"

This. Only I'm only down to 145.
Fesswise, I don't know whether I really waaaaaaaaant to be healthy. It may or may not be worth it.

I completely fail at taking care of myself as well, but it ends up going in the other direction. I actually kinda wish it was the other way around.

Stupid food, stop tasting so good. And exercise, work with food to figure out why its so much better than you. Maybe you two can strike some sort of an equilibrium.

zipper-chan

Postby zipper-chan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:07 pm UTC

I don't honestly think I will be around for much longer.

Dargon Cophe

Postby Dargon Cophe » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:54 pm UTC

I don't understand what you mean; like, death? Or leaving the fora? Both will make me very sad.
Magnanimous wrote:
Dargon Cophe wrote:I am sick and tired of these motherfucking aliens on this motherfucking plain!
I love you.

zipper-chan

Postby zipper-chan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:41 am UTC

I mean, death. Living is exhausting.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:24 am UTC

That's why we have sleep. You get to be dead to the world for a few hours. Plus, you hallucinate.

Chai Kovsky wrote:Thatguy, you are my Big Damn Hero!
Thank you! You win the day!

crickets

Postby crickets » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:20 am UTC

Fess: I can't stand that people hate me. Especially when it's only once i actually /tried/ to get something i want. Really want. Really, really really. It eats at me, but i can't make it go away without hurting me and the people i love most.

*sigh*

All the bitterness and rage and hurt directed towards me kind of makes me nauseated. And i need a nap.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:56 pm UTC

crickets wrote:Fess: I can't stand that people hate me. Especially when it's only once i actually /tried/ to get something i want. Really want. Really, really really. It eats at me, but i can't make it go away without hurting me and the people i love most.

I don't hate you, if that helps any. *hugs*

And go get a nap. Those never hurt anyone.

GoodRudeFun wrote:Confession: i feel stupid for complaining about cancer because no one I know died from it. I don't think I could handle it if my friend had died of cancer. I don't know if I could handle it if my sister even has it....

Fess: I feel kind of awkward about it too. Not because no one I know has died from it (my grandfather did, probably close to 15 years ago at this point), but because I don't have much personal experience with the devastation it causes. I stand behind my statement though, because I don't need first-hand experience to know how much it can really, really screw with the lives of so many people.

thatguy wrote:That's why we have sleep. You get to be dead to the world for a few hours. Plus, you hallucinate.

Fess: This is now stuck in my head.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

Mr. N

Postby Mr. N » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:10 pm UTC

Armadillo Al wrote:And go get a nap. Those never hurt anyone.

Tell that to my Uncle Ted who, while resting on a park bench in Central Park during the summer of 1982, was mauled by a group of nut-munching chipmunks.
Your momma eats Pop Tarts!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:10 pm UTC

eternal luna wrote:Fess: despite the amount of respect I lost for my mother as a child every time she demonstrated her entrenched racism, parts of it seem to have sunk into me. :| It took me ten years to realise that "narrow eyes" in Russian was not actually the word for "Chinese".
Better late than never, at least.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

0xDEADBEEF

Postby 0xDEADBEEF » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:19 pm UTC

Mr. N wrote:
Armadillo Al wrote:And go get a nap. Those never hurt anyone.

Tell that to my Uncle Ted who, while resting on a park bench in Central Park during the summer of 1982, was mauled by a group of nut-munching chipmunks.

"ALVIN!!!!!"

UnderRock

Postby UnderRock » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:32 pm UTC

'Fess: I was in a terrible mood, but tea and cookies will be nommed shortly
Related 'fess: while making tea I had the strongest urge to light the napkin I was drying my hands with on fire (using the stove). ...The complete lack of drive to do anything during the summer combined with there being very little to do in the first place has always been good at driving me nuts.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:19 am UTC

Fess: I hate my fucking hormones. Making me all depressed and shit. Fuck you.

Fess: I hate it when there is other people in the same room as me when I am on the computer. I can't WAIT to get my laptop.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." Hunter S. Thompson

"Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all." Neutral Milk Hotel

Ati
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's dry, and slightly radioactive.

Postby Ati » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:29 am UTC

Fess: reading the last transmission of the Mars Phoenix lander is making me tear up a little.
I can kill you with my brain.

zipper-chan

Postby zipper-chan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:34 am UTC

I am down to my second last tea-bag which I am using up right now. I am pretty sure I will go crazy in the time between tea-bags. Lets all hope its a short duration of time.

SummerGlauFan

Postby SummerGlauFan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:30 am UTC

Fess: I should be asleep for my interview tomorrow, but I cannot go to sleep. I am instead on the Internet, waiting for a friend to get on, and bored out of my mind.

Seriously, nothing is holding my interest right now.
glasnt wrote:"As she raised her rifle against the creature, her hair fluttered beneath the red florescent lighting of the locked down building.

I knew from that moment that she was something special"

Outbreak, a tale of love and zombies.

In stores now.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:39 am UTC

The usual suspects, SummerGlauFan: Gunnerkrigg Court and Not Always Right.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

Return to “General”