Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:34 am UTC

KicktheCAN wrote:
wing wrote:
KicktheCAN wrote:What kind of worries me is that it is very reminiscent of my deepest most embarrassing secret.
Wrong hole?

Childhood secret you very very disturbed man.

Is that a yes on wrong hole?
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:44 am UTC

Just to chime in, BDSM is about, you know, lightyears away from corporal mortification (which Silas performs). I mean, BDSM != whips and chains, though heavier BDSM certainly can. It's about blurring pleasure/pain, consent/force lines within predefined, honored parameters. Self-harm and corporal mortification are, you know, about guilt, self-loathing, repentance, and shame and have no ceiling and spirals out of control oten. BDSM is playing with people's comfort levels while totally respecting someone's right to stop the proceedings at any time. In fact, the submissive is usually the one really in charge--the dominant is putting on a show.
Last edited by Khonsu on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:51 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:50 am UTC

Edit: Khonsu changed the post, my post now looks foolish.

Anyway, Khonsu speaks the truth. And indeed, the cliched but still true point that the submissives have the power.

Confession: I used to believe I could fix my stammer, but then I found out that in addition to some basic flaws in the structure of my vocal chords, I have spasmodic dysphonia, both of these are on top of a considerable mental difficulty with forming speech.

Why is that a confession? Because it's something I never told anyone, anyone that cared just assumed I was on the road to speaking normally some day.
Last edited by Insignificant Deifaction on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:57 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:54 am UTC

Confession: I would make the worst dominant ever, because all my partners, ever, have been able to at least pick me up and toss me and that's not terrible incentive to feel protected/coddled/intimidated.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:58 am UTC

@Khonsu: That has nothing to do with it, even if you're half the weight of the other person, you can still physically control them, and mental control has nothing to do with physical capability.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:05 am UTC

I know, but it's all about attitude, and I was raised to have a fearful attitude towards...well...everything because 'women are delicate and such and should be cared for and blah blah you're tiny, be wary blah blah.'

I needs me some Aikido so I can stop being a ninny.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:14 am UTC

Combat skills definitely improve confidence, even if it's not discipline.

Fencing really helped my self-esteem, of course, I was still rock bottom, and there was that one time...

Enough about that.

Anywho, you can do it Khonsu, you'll probably have to try a few times, but it's doable. Although, I was certainly raised with a similar attitude about what I should fear, only it was more along the lines of "women are inferior".

The most important thing you can have is confidence, I find, if you're confident in what you're doing, you can lead to the ends of the earth and back.

And, quick tip for combat, without necessary skills, the points to aim for are neck, groin, feet, and, if you're fairly strong, try for a frontal heimlich maneuver, or hit that little xyphoid bit.

semicolon

Postby semicolon » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:30 am UTC

My self-defense technique is known as Try-to-be-likeable-enough-or-at-least-pathetic-enough-that-nobody-would-want-to-hit-you-fu

It's worked so far!

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:59 am UTC

semicolon wrote:My self-defense technique is known as Try-to-be-likeable-enough-or-at-least-pathetic-enough-that-nobody-would-want-to-hit-you-fu

It's worked so far!

Yeah, sounds pretty close to mine, T'ai-always-smile-at-people-but-run-really-fast-if-they-try-to-hit-you-ch'i.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Mouffles

Postby Mouffles » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:38 am UTC

Confession: I can no longer see the floor of my bedroom. Except underneath my chair, but that doesn't count.
In the spirit of taking things too far - the 5x5x5x5x5 Rubik's Cube.

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:27 am UTC

Confession: I still haven't unpacked, and I've been home for a month.

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:23 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Combat skills definitely improve confidence, even if it's not discipline.

Yeah, I have this urge to learn some kind of combat skill. Even if I knew there was no possibility of me ever using it. I would just feel so badass.

Maybe that's why I want to practise with my throwing sling so much, just so I could have the comforting thought of knowing I could kill a man at 20 metres with a rock, a piece of leather and string.

It must be some kind of primal urge in everyone (or in men at the very least), a desire to have killing force with some kind of rudimentary weapon.

Or maybe it's just me. But man, I so wish I was good with a throwing spear or something (see badass factor)

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:03 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Combat skills definitely improve confidence, even if it's not discipline.

Fencing really helped my self-esteem

Yeah, I hear that. The few months I was able to take Muay Thai in my life were really happy months. I'm bigger on the peace and relaxation and alertness factors of a martial art rather than "I can kick people's asses," but the added bonus of self-defense is great.

My girlfriend does fencing. She loves it. It's really a fascinating sport. I don't know if I'll start it up with her, but I imagine I'd have to weight train first, because even foils feel heavy and awkward to me since I'm rather short.

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:12 pm UTC

pollywog wrote:
semicolon wrote:My self-defense technique is known as Try-to-be-likeable-enough-or-at-least-pathetic-enough-that-nobody-would-want-to-hit-you-fu

It's worked so far!

Yeah, sounds pretty close to mine, T'ai-always-smile-at-people-but-run-really-fast-if-they-try-to-hit-you-ch'i.

I do not get into a lot of fights but the last one I was in I used the T'ai-grasp-desperately-at-your-opponent's-shirt-because-he-just-kwan-knocked-you-nearly-unconscious-with-a-blow-from-behind-do technique.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:16 pm UTC

Then yes, strength training may help you, though I think we're about the same size and I've worked myself up to using sabres. And, I do fence with Her, most days. (Though, I don't recall winning any such match.)

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:22 pm UTC

KicktheCAN wrote:
pollywog wrote:

It's worked so far!

I do not get into a lot of fights but the last one I was in I used the T'ai-grasp-desperately-at-your-opponent's-shirt-because-he-just-kwan-knocked-you-nearly-unconscious-with-a-blow-from-behind-do technique.

Mine's Aiki-go-for-ju-the-throat-jutsu. It's worked decently for me, but it's pretty hard to use in a real fight. Sneaking up and putting them into a rear naked choke works pretty well too, but only if you have the element of surprise.
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:43 am UTC

Vandole wrote:Mine's Aiki-go-for-ju-the-throat-jutsu. It's worked decently for me, but it's pretty hard to use in a real fight. Sneaking up and putting them into a rear naked choke works pretty well too, but only if you have the element of surprise.

Last time I surprised your mum with a rear naked choke, I ended up flat on my back on the ground. THAT didn't end well.

Wait, yes it did.
i'm fucking magic

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:45 am UTC

...Ick.

Anywho, confession time: I kind of like the attention I receive whilst convalescent.

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:15 am UTC

*Dictionaries* (hey, I have an excuse, I'm an engineer)

Well, who doesn't like that sort of attention?

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:23 am UTC

I otherwise avoid drawing attention to myself as much as possible, and prefer to do things myself.

And, now I have an SO, there's different attention there, and that's what I really like.

vrek
pigasm!

Postby vrek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:02 am UTC

Confession: MY therapist is going to hate me. I decided that since all we basically do is small talk I would let him slightly into my inner mind and decided to do it in a letter I'll give him at my next appointment. I have the introduction and the first of five sections and have three completely full pages at size 11 Times New Roman. Atleast he can never say I didn't give him any information about whats going on in my head.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 am UTC

Confession: I'm TOTALLY FUCKING PSYCHED that I got this clone Cisco VPN client to play nice with the VPN servers at work.

This is after I had essentially written off EVER connecting any of my devices to those networks, because the fucking Cisco VPN client only comes in a working Win32 flavor that doesn't work well on Vista. It also "officially" has full 64bit/32bit Linux support, but it doesn't fucking work. All my hardware is either 64bit Windows, 64bit Linux, or 32bit Vista - meaning that the official VPN client just doesn't work.

But in the space of about 20 minutes, I installed a compiled a Linux commandline VPN client (that happens to be WAY less invasive than the real VPN client - no kernel modules, init scripts, etc. This is all just userland executable shit.), wrote some config files, wrote some shell scripts to point the client at those files at the click of a mouse, and HUZZAH, 64bit Ubuntu now has a working Cisco VPN client.

Now I just need to show my boss' boss' boss, because he swore it couldn't be done. And my boss' boss would probably like to know. My boss, on the other hand, is a fucking incompetent who's never even used the VPN.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

Phi
Has Proportional Boobs (As rumor has it)

Postby Phi » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:20 am UTC

Confession: I'm pretty sure that I'm about to go ballistic at the school administration.

1) They put six other people and me in a class that didn't exist. One of the kids even put it on his schedule a week before school. But the class didn't exist. Oh, and they didn't tell us until the second day of school when we were confused as to what we'd do for the year.

2) I got transferred to a different class that same period, but am I able to add another class right now even though it really wasn't affected by this (but it would make your job a whole lot easier)? The answer is no.

3) We are unable to change our schedules in any way the first half of the first week of school. [Rephrase: The forms aren't handed out. Actual changes aren't until the second/third week, when actual information has already been given out]

4) I want to add AP Statistics, but wait! That's hard to do because it's my second math class! Instead of looking at that specific class's student/teacher ratio (complaint #5), let's look at the number of students in the entire math department. Which I am already in, thanks. I also care more than 98% of those students about math and its applications.

5) The student/teacher ratio might go wacky! Somebody might want to transfer to that period! Somebody might want to change from incredibly difficult Math Analysis to even more difficult Statistics. Never mind this kid who wants to finish the last course at this high school because it looks interesting. Oh, and never mind the fact that I've been sitting in on the class the whole week and doing the work for it, the fact that one more student is added to the class (31:1?! OH DEAR LORD(S) NO!) is enough to not put him into this class.

Thank you, xkcd, for listening to my rant in disguise.

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:04 pm UTC

Confession: I like some Blink 182 songs. All The Small Things FTW. And What's My Age Again. Made of win for ever and ever.

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:52 pm UTC

Someone linked me to What's My Age Again recently. I just turned 23. Needless to say, it wasn't an uplifting song.

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:24 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:I kind of like the attention I receive whilst convalescent.

Hawknc wrote:Well, who doesn't like that sort of attention?

Me. When I don't feel good I really just want to be left alone. Of course, this is in stong conflict with the instinctive desire of every female in my life, who insist on offering me lists of things.

Can I get you a water? No. Can I get you some Advil? No. Can I get you a wet washcloth? No, please just leave me alone in a dark room.

sethicus
Winner

Postby sethicus » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:56 pm UTC

Confession: As I sit at work doing my job, as well as my manager's job, I realize that I will never get the promotion they keep blabbing to me about, and that when I am finished with my next degree, I am getting the fuck out of here. I am the only person in the department, apart from my manager, and his boss' boss, that has been here more than a year. Since March, we have lost 6 people. 5 resigned, and 1 was fired. The one that was fired sat at his desk and cried all day long, so it's no real loss. Oh, and I hate my job(s).

Edit:
Confession: As I, and two co-workers were retiring old POS terminals, we came across $72 trapped between the bottom of the drawer and the casing. I love it when it splits evenly.
Compromise: Lowering my standards so you can meet them.

Shizo

Postby Shizo » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:39 pm UTC

Confession: I was one of like five people who said yes when asked, "If school wasn't enforced, would you still go?" The results didn't surprise me. Yet another reason I don't have friends at school.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:11 pm UTC

Err, the sort of attention I receive as a convalescent is not "how can I help you get better" but more "I'm here, and I'll ease your suffering"

It's very nice.

Akula

Postby Akula » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:15 am UTC

Confession: I actually like Nickelback.
"I never let my schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain

Ketzerei

Postby Ketzerei » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:20 am UTC

I have exactly one Nickelback song on my computer, thanks to an anime music video. I remember having to fight through a feeling of being disgusted with myself when I went to download it. I haven't deliberately listened to any of their other music yet, for fear that I might like it.
とても嬉しかったよ
君が笑い掛けてた
全てを溶かす微笑みで

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:27 am UTC

Ketzerei wrote:I have all of Nickelback's songs on my computer, thanks to an anime music video.

Fix'd for might as well be.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Phi

Postby Phi » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:44 am UTC

Akula wrote:Confession: I actually like Nickelback.

Me too :)
Ketzerei: What is wrong with having a certain musical preference? Is there something wrong with actually liking a band, even if it is "internet"ly taboo?

Confession: All I did today in terms of homework was tabulate 244 data points for a physics lab. I have not taken notes (due thurs) on 2 chapters, nor have I done any other homework (due tomorrow).

Confession: I don't believe "senioritis" is a valid reason for the apathy I feel towards a couple of my classes.

niko7865

Postby niko7865 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:56 am UTC

The girl I'm sleeping with just got back together with her boyfriend.
21/m/athletic/white&nerdy/washington/straight/???

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:01 am UTC

Pseudo-Fake Confession: I wish I was sleeping with mine when that happened to me... *grumbles*

Real Confession: The "Let's ruin music with knowledge" thread is ruining my ability to listen to music.

Phi

Postby Phi » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:57 am UTC

Confession: I'm happy right now!

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:14 am UTC

Confession: My boyfriend just told me he didn't love me.

...I have nothing else to say.

Adam: "This could be trouble."
Riley: "We'd better make a fort."
Adam: "I'll get some pillows."

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:21 am UTC

schumi_girl wrote:Confession: My boyfriend just told me he didn't love me.

...I have nothing else to say.

Are you sure he meant it like you think he did? Or is it how I think he meant it?
i'm fucking magic

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:22 am UTC

The boyfriend: "I like you. Not love."

Adam: "This could be trouble."
Riley: "We'd better make a fort."
Adam: "I'll get some pillows."

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:26 am UTC

Well you are a teenager. I think he's being more open than most would be. For a lot of people, love is a really strong word. "I care for you" is still sweet, but not quite the same as "I love you." I think he meant it that way. Like "you're someone I think is awesome and I'm attracted to but we're young and won't be togther forever unless we beat major odds," not "I don't give a shit about you."

Return to “General”