Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind

Postby Will » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:01 pm UTC

TigerX wrote:Yeah, I can tell that you enjoy being there about as much as I do.

Signed, Your student

Bah, I let them use the time to work on the class assignment. Insofar as I'm not answering their questions, I'm just running down the clock.

(This post should have been in the past tense, as the lab session is now over)

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:59 pm UTC

bookishbunny wrote:[...] I had a few Clemson students in the last play I did.
I know of (have met once or twice) a good bit of the PA majors here at Clemson. I'm friends with two or three of them. :-)

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:22 pm UTC

ZeroSum wrote:Buy it at or through the local adult shop instead?

This could be a bad idea because the "novelty toys" sold in most dude-oriented sex shops (like Priscilla's n' shit) are usually P.O.S. products that can actually be very harmful. http://www.tinynibbles.com/unsafe.html

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:29 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Okay, since you put it that way, allow me to put this in the broadest terms possible:

Just because someone has done something does not mean they are affiliated with a certain group.

A gay rights activist need not be gay.

A girl with a 'tramp-stamp' need not be a slut.

A guy with his ears pierced need not be...effeminate?

The point being, that people do things because they can, or they think it's right, or they think it's pretty, or interesting, very often there is no affiliating/aligning/things beind said about their character going on except that being forced on them.

Tada!

HALLELUJAH!

But the principle still looks like a gay ex-sailor.

Shadow Tyrant

Postby Shadow Tyrant » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:00 pm UTC

Confession: I feel so pressured by the school not to miss any days, I want to go today, even though I'm sick, so I don't have to go through the trouble.
Trade your old video games for new ones with Goozex!

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:05 pm UTC

Confession: I think about you every day, and I miss you, and it's not nice. I got your e-mail. (Due to crappy computer, cannot reply.) I'll probably call you at some point.

You're in [place], damn it! I can't reach you from here, and you're my friend and I miss talking to you and... and... it sucks.

And now I have to go to class. :( I can't wait for Courtney to get here. She alleviates the "I miss you!" ness.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:15 pm UTC

Confession: I just glanced at the 'users browsing this forum' list, as I always do, and got kinda sad when I read the username The Mighty Thesaurus because I even lisp it when I think it. :-(
I can't say Thesaurus. Or Muskrat. And there's another word I can't say but I never say it so I forgot what it was. I'm sure someone cruel has it written down somewhere.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:39 pm UTC

Khonsu wrote:
ZeroSum wrote:Buy it at or through the local adult shop instead?

This could be a bad idea because the "novelty toys" sold in most dude-oriented sex shops (like Priscilla's n' shit) are usually P.O.S. products that can actually be very harmful. http://www.tinynibbles.com/unsafe.html

There are also female-oriented shops. However, regardless of target population, most will not let minors in. Some of the upscale shops may not care, though. It would be worth a try.
~Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:07 pm UTC

Confession: I'm feeling disappointed and depressed because my special work event that was supposed to happen this afternoon got cancelled because of bad weather and has the effects of:

1. I no longer get off work at 1:00pm despite the fact that I wasn't necessarily going to go in the first place. But now I have to work the extra 4 hours.

2. They're catering lunch for us to make up for it, but this only results in me losing my hour break at lunch and having to stay here instead.

Sadface.

Alright, time to get over it.
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

Catch22

Postby Catch22 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:29 pm UTC

Confession: I didn't do any work at work yesterday. Things seem to be going equally as well today.

Also, I'd love a catered lunch right about now. It would save me from having to figure out what to eat.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:41 pm UTC

Confession: I say that my white skirt/blouse set is the only thing clean, but today I just wanted to dress up.

Why do we need a reason to look nice??? T_T
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Alcari

Postby Alcari » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:45 pm UTC

Confession: I cheated on my Accounting and Finance test. A lot.
I'm made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

free manga and anime music

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:53 pm UTC

A Friend's Confession:

One of my best friends in high school once sat right by the teacher's desk, and during a test attached a magnetic clipboard literally to the side of the teacher's metal desk with all his notes on it.

He also experimented with the long sleeved shirt and a tight strip of folded paper that you could pull in and out at will with tiny tiny writing. But the clipboard was his biggest success, because he could write as big as he wanted.

He was shameless.
eristic wrote:

'maybe'

Akira

Postby Akira » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:55 pm UTC

Confession: The first and last time I ever cheated on a test was in 3rd grade, on a multiplication quiz. I was caught, failed the test, and never cheated again.

...Never fully learned my times-tables, either.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

mosc
Doesn't care what you think.

Postby mosc » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:32 pm UTC

Confession: I'm 6'4" and love wearing my full length black trenchcoat in the city (even when it's somewhat hot) just because people get out of my way no matter what sidewalk I'm on.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

elminster

Postby elminster » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:39 pm UTC

Confession: I lack 95% of the empathy of the average person. I have big lack of remorse. I only really have superficial charisma about me, im usually having to conciously conform to it (not out of deceptivness, but its just not who i am and no one i know would be positive about the real me). Along with a number of other things, which i recently found out follows definition of psychopath (Well on wikipedia anyway) and it seems my childhood follows their list of precursors very well.
I was kinda surprised, as i always knew i didnt have average perception on things, i just didnt think it would be that close.
In short, if i were me with alot less mental self control (i believe i have a decent amount above average, not that i believe average is anywhere near ideal), id be pretty close to the exact definition.

Therapy is expensive for what its worth and i can deal with it abosolutely fine, more so than most i know. I just find it disconcerting, as well as annoying that you cant easily conciously change your mind into whats considered "Normal", even if its only to have empathy towards things.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:48 pm UTC

bookishbunny wrote:There are also female-oriented shops. However, regardless of target population, most will not let minors in. Some of the upscale shops may not care, though. It would be worth a try.
I know there are, but most of those woman-run, woman-operated shops (like Babeland and Good Vibrations) have online shopping. :3

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:50 pm UTC

Which is to be avoided if one is concerned the parental units will mess with the package.
~Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.

Alcari

Postby Alcari » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:09 pm UTC

which is why they have "discrete shipping" I asume?
Unles your parent open your mail, which just sucks.
I'm made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

free manga and anime music

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:16 pm UTC

Well, there are also some, like mine, who will simply ask you what it is and generally expect you to just open it downstairs...

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:16 pm UTC

Alcari wrote:which is why they have "discrete shipping" I asume?
Unles your parent open your mail, which just sucks.

That's what were talkin' about. Of course, my mother was overprotective and extremely controlling. If an unexpected package ever came to me in the mail, I'm sure it would have been fully inspected before I came home from school. As a result, I have learned to become a very sneaky individual (though I don't have much use for that, anymore).

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:53 pm UTC

Cassi wrote:Well, there are also some, like mine, who will simply ask you what it is and generally expect you to just open it downstairs...
If this had been me as a kid, I'd probably say "It's a vibrator. I'll be having more fun than you tonight, eh? EH?" and then run like hell and lock my door to avoid the thrown shoes if my parents didn't lollercopter (honestly, their behavior is hard to predict).

Of course, my parents made it a point when I was growing up that no one should go through each other's mail, room, or diaries and the like because it's not very nice. My mom's never even read my IM conversations. Of course, my dad DID try to catch me reading femmeslash that one time in 8th grade. I think that was more because it was 3AM and my light was still on...the night before final exams. >_>;

Akira

Postby Akira » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:27 pm UTC

Confession: I am the last person to seriously stereotype someone I don't know, but I am now about 97% sure he's gay, because I have never seen so many desirable qualities in a straight man.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:27 pm UTC

Yeah, most parents would check out a package that arrived.. maybe not open it, but check the return address and such. And ask questions..
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:29 pm UTC

Akira wrote:Confession: I am the last person to seriously stereotype someone I don't know, but I am now about 97% sure he's gay, because I have never seen so many desirable qualities in a straight man.

I suggest walking up and asking him if he likes women.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Ketzerei

Postby Ketzerei » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:31 pm UTC

Or, you know, just make friends with him, since it would eventually come up during the natural course of conversation.
とても嬉しかったよ
君が笑い掛けてた
全てを溶かす微笑みで

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:33 pm UTC

Oo! Walk up, drop your pants, turn around and bend over to present yourself.

Works for apes. We're apes. Ergo, it'd work for us.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:37 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Yeah, most parents would check out a package that arrived.. maybe not open it, but check the return address and such. And ask questions..
Usually the return address is something like "Electrum Entertainment" -- just say it's [obscure movie] that you could only find on this small internet site. Or do the redirect like I suggested.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:37 pm UTC

Or do all three. Walk up, ask him, drop your pants, and then ask if he wants to hang out and play video games sometime.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Akira

Postby Akira » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:45 pm UTC

Belial wrote:Or do all three. Walk up, ask him, drop your pants, and then ask if he wants to hang out and play video games sometime.

Yeah. I like this plan. Sike.

<_< I'll just keep slowly working on a friendship, it'll come up eventually. Either I'll say something stupid, or he'll say something, or someone else will say something... I dunno. I'll find out eventually, it's just that until I know for sure yes or no or both or neither or whatever, I will be on pins and needles wondering if its okay to like him.

EDIT: Of course, it's perfectly alright to like anyone you want, but the fact of the matter is that it's no fun if you know for sure it's less likely than the moon being made of cheese.
Last edited by Akira on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:46 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:45 pm UTC

Akira wrote:Confession: I am the last person to seriously stereotype someone I don't know, but I am now about 97% sure he's gay, because I have never seen so many desirable qualities in a straight man.

Oh, come on! Lots of straight men like buttsex and cooking.

(said to be funny, but it's still true)

Akira

Postby Akira » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:48 pm UTC

bookishbunny wrote:

Oh, come on! Lots of straight men like buttsex and cooking.

(said to be funny, but it's still true)

Oh, I know. ...not that I've discussed buttsex with any of my male friends, but several of them are rather accomplished cooks, with one even attending a culinary institute right now.

Second edit to a post of mine in 5 minutes: I forgot to mention that I find it highly amusing that most professional chefs are male, but women are the ones expected to cook at home.
Last edited by Akira on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:48 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:48 pm UTC

elminster wrote:Confession: I lack 95% of the empathy of the average person. I have big lack of remorse. I only really have superficial charisma about me, im usually having to conciously conform to it (not out of deceptivness, but its just not who i am and no one i know would be positive about the real me).

Confession: I think I have your missing 95%. I get emotional over things not even remotely related to me. If there is a disaster or a lot of people murdered one day then I am incredibly depressed but if a war ends or such I am as happy as if I was participating in the war. I love helping people out with their problems and my mood generally depends on how my friends are feeling.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Pseudomammal
Honored just to be nominated

Postby Pseudomammal » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:00 pm UTC

ZeroSum wrote:Might want to have a friend buy it for you and ship it to you with a decoy object in the box.

Confession: I've done this. A friend trapped with nice but inquisitive parents and no non-creepy local stores asked for some help, so I took their shopping list to my friendly neighborhood toy store, and sent them a package with a nerdy t-shirt, some sci-fi books everyone should read, and a false bottom concealing the goods.

Everyone should get to mail a box with a false bottom at least once in their lives.
Stop him! He's supposed to die!

@trophy

Postby @trophy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:04 pm UTC

Pseudomammal wrote:Everyone should get to mail a box with a false bottom at least once in their lives.

LOL could we make this into a forum game? We'd start a thread for it, PM each other our addresses, and send each other boxes with false bottoms filled with really weird objects? It'd be like secret santa, but a little bit creepier!

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:48 pm UTC

@trophy wrote:
Pseudomammal wrote:Everyone should get to mail a box with a false bottom at least once in their lives.

LOL could we make this into a forum game? We'd start a thread for it, PM each other our addresses, and send each other boxes with false bottoms filled with really weird objects? It'd be like secret santa, but a little bit creepier!

We did it before, but with chocolate (And Kendal mint cake).

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:14 pm UTC

Confession:
I was supposed to look for work today, but just couldn't get the fuck out of bed. Didn't do anything untill my friend called and i slouched over to him instead. And now i feel bad about not having looked for a job hard enough.
Another Confession:
There is the girl, who's just 17 (I'm 21 btw) we've know each other since ... well i remember her being freaking born, friend of the family and all. I didn't know she and her sister were in fact NOT related to me untill i was 12 :P. I got dumped as of late and we've been seeing each other more often then before, and she's such a little bundle of joy! She's really beautiful and elegant and smart and witty and positive and and and .. i'm running out of adjectives! I fear however that she sees me as a big brother and i'm scared to DEATH to betray that trust. I just wan't to be around her she sooths me somehow.
Even though she's really hot Sex has Nothing to do with it.
Trust me, i've been doing a South American girl for 5 years, in an extremly passionate and horribly destructive relationship.
I feel rejuvinated around her, yet horribly old by comparsion. It's not that she hasn't been through hard times and thusly feel "untouched". No she's seen and felt her (more then) fair share. But she shrugs the hits of like nothing, hits back and gets on with it, unwaveringly optimistical.
I'm falling in love with her, I'm affraid.
Am i afraid of rejection? Of course!
Is that the main issue? Not really...
I don't want to bring the weight of all my troubles down on her, i don't want to destroy her. I'm afraid i will.
I'm fucking scared shitless infact...

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:16 pm UTC

My friend, you know what is really unattractive? Worrying about 'bringing all your troubles down' on someone; here is a good idea, let her decide whether or not it is worth bearing those troubles, rather than you using it as an excuse to not gather up your courage and just give it a go.

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:16 pm UTC

That was a great confession
eristic wrote:

'maybe'

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:24 pm UTC

Jesster wrote:My friend, you know what is really unattractive? Worrying about 'bringing all your troubles down' on someone; here is a good idea, let her decide whether or not it is worth bearing those troubles, rather than you using it as an excuse to not gather up your courage and just give it a go.

Had this been a few years ago I'd say "Yeah you're right I'll just go for it, yay!"
Today? I'm ManoDepressive and i REALLY don't want to ruin a perfect platonic relationship, which is REALLY good for me with a misplaced or unwanted romantic advance.
Maybe you're right, maybe i'm underestimating her judgement, maybe i'm just feeling old and worthless like usual, maybe i'm not taking her for the very mature person she is. Maybe i'm really letting both myself and foremost her down by not doing anything.
As i said, im scared. Not scared to talk to her, or hug her, or even kiss her in the brotherly way i have, i mean damn, i even tucked her in a few weeks ago.
My confession is really: I'm scared.

Thanks Clerria btw ;)

Return to “General”