Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Grincement
Should have Boobs (In theory)
Posts: 1483
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:23 pm UTC

Postby Grincement » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:40 pm UTC

I'm overly suspicious of single magpies and so have to counteract the bad luck of seeing one by bowing, wishing it a good morning/afternoon/evening/night and then spitting....sad fact is at the moment, they haven't started nesting so there are LOTS of single magpies around :(
Last edited by Grincement on Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:40 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes - Douglas Adams

Fluff
See You Next Tuesday
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:27 am UTC
Location: The Departure Lounge

Postby Fluff » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:40 pm UTC

warriorness wrote:epic battle.


When you are home alone, and there is a spider, it's the law of the jungle. You must engage in epic battle. Kill or be killed. Or eaten. Or... crawled on. :shock: :x

User avatar
thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 am UTC
Location: The-middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere

Postby thefiddler » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:42 pm UTC

Fluff wrote:
warriorness wrote:epic battle.

When you are home alone, and there is a spider, it's the law of the jungle. You must engage in epic battle. Kill or be killed. Or eaten. Or... crawled on. :shock: :x

I engage in epic battles with spiders quite often. Usually, it involves a lot of screaming, attempting to hit spider from long distances (usually with flying objects), and mass hysteria.

OK... I lied about the screaming and mass hysteria, but I do throw things at them because I don't like to be close to them. :oops:

User avatar
Judas Maccabeus
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:35 am UTC
Location: Verona, Kentucky

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:46 pm UTC

warriorness wrote:I once heard a bug banging against the ceiling light in my room late at night, and engaged it in epic battle. After killing it once (it seemed to come back to life or something) I realized it was a ladybug. Shall I post the whole story?


Every ladybug deal with is a victory for humanity. I hate having to deal with those things twice a year...

Fluff
See You Next Tuesday
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:27 am UTC
Location: The Departure Lounge

Postby Fluff » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:48 pm UTC

thefiddler wrote:I engage in epic battles with spiders quite often. Usually, it involves a lot of screaming, attempting to hit spider from long distances (usually with flying objects), and mass hysteria.

OK... I lied about the screaming and mass hysteria, but I do throw things at them because I don't like to be close to them. :oops:


Toilet roll attached to end of broom handle.

OR

Immobilisation by Aqua Net death spray, followed by toilet roll attached to end of broom handle.


All concluding in a massive grimace and final tremble of fear, as the dead spider is flushed down the bog, just to be safe. :x

User avatar
fjafjan
THE fjafjan
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:22 pm UTC
Location: Down south up north in the west of eastern west.
Contact:

Postby fjafjan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:51 pm UTC

thefiddler wrote:
Fluff wrote:
warriorness wrote:epic battle.

When you are home alone, and there is a spider, it's the law of the jungle. You must engage in epic battle. Kill or be killed. Or eaten. Or... crawled on. :shock: :x

I engage in epic battles with spiders quite often. Usually, it involves a lot of screaming, attempting to hit spider from long distances (usually with flying objects), and mass hysteria.

OK... I lied about the screaming and mass hysteria, but I do throw things at them because I don't like to be close to them. :oops:


I usually do attack and withdraw style attacks on bugs that have any capacity of "striking back", and more crazy attacks on bugs like spiders.
Living in a house that crawled with them for a year (seriously, a spider in the bathroom was standard) removed this fear from irrational to a bit sissy like.

8. I write anonymous poetry and leave it in library books


You are awesome :)
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

User avatar
thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 am UTC
Location: The-middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere

Postby thefiddler » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:53 pm UTC

fjafjan wrote:You are awesome :)

We must agree to disagree.

User avatar
LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!
Posts: 5972
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:10 pm UTC
Location: :uoıʇɐɔol

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:57 pm UTC

Kinda weak but: I have a load more comics drawn that I'm not uploading because I like them too much.
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin
Contact:

Postby Lani » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:01 pm UTC

:( That makes me sad that so many people hate bugs and spiders and the like. Spiders are good because they eat bad bugs, and bugs are good because most of them are just cool. They're not trying to annoy you, just live their lives, just like us...I always just catch them and put them outside.

Even with bark scorpions, of which I'm terrified - catch 'em and put 'em outside.
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."

User avatar
thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 am UTC
Location: The-middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere

Postby thefiddler » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:03 pm UTC

Yeah... but...
Well, I don't have any rationale as for why I dislike spiders, but I do. They're the only animal-esque thing I don't like, though! That must count for something, right?

User avatar
Aoeniac
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:55 am UTC
Location: RIGHT HERE IN THIS VERY SPOT→•

Postby Aoeniac » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:32 pm UTC

hermaj wrote:My three new piercings (as in the ones I got last year, not the ones from when I was 10) are Morris, Spike and Nelson. My phone is Harriet; as discussed in another part of the forum, my iPod is Bernard. And I have trouble throwing things out because I feel sorry for them.

Winston, Warren, Wendell, Wesker, Vancel, Vice, Vic, George (long story), Varrel, Vasken, Viso, Vorg, Vaell, and Sir Waddlesworth. In that order from my previous post.
Good to know it doesn't make you crazy to do this kind of stuff. I also feel sorry for things when they get thrown out.

Twasbrillig wrote:I love booobieeesss!!!

That's not much of a confession these days. But how about NOT liking boobies? They really get in the way and sometimes look really wierd. Flat chested is a real turn on for me, but it might just be because it makes them look more manly. That's just one of the quirks of being bi I guess.



fjafjan wrote:What about Stephen Colbert? The guy is not only charming and funny, he is good looking
Also Jon Stewart, but to a lesser extent.
both are 40+...

Not my type.

Fluff wrote:I love Duran Duran.

NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO ADMIT THEY LIKE DURAN DURAN AS A CONFESSIONAL! THAT IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD KNOW!

warriorness wrote:I have an irrational fear of insects and spiders. I know it's irrational and that most bugs will never hurt me, but whenever I see one - especially one of the flying variety - I stay as far away from it as I can.

I would say I am afraid of bugs, but I'm not afraid to mash them with my hand. Feel them writhe and squirm in their final moments, then twich and spasm as I smear their lifeless husks onto a tissue and go wash my hands. SATISFYING.
Class: 12th level Epiphenomenalist Alignment: Rational

Air Gear
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:36 pm UTC

Postby Air Gear » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:35 pm UTC

Ok, a decent set is coming...

1) I see no problem with the concept of Soylent Green.

2) For some reason, I find the shounen-ai anime couples generally much cuter than the straight ones. (Magical Girl has NOTHING on this.)

3) Unlike aldimond, I've done a really good job at divorcing myself from a sense of duty to almost everything that I "should" have a "sense of duty" to.

4) I can't remotely tolerate people's standards of "sane" and "insane"; the guy who's on the street corner ranting about the aliens trying to steal his brainwaves and a lot of the "mainstream" conspiracy theorists out there are the same damn thing.

5) It's really hard to force myself to touch my books without having washed hands beforehand. Near-mint forever.

User avatar
Aoeniac
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:55 am UTC
Location: RIGHT HERE IN THIS VERY SPOT→•

Postby Aoeniac » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:56 pm UTC

Air Gear wrote:2) For some reason, I find the shounen-ai anime couples generally much cuter than the straight ones. (Magical Girl has NOTHING on this.)



Sukisyo!
Class: 12th level Epiphenomenalist Alignment: Rational

Fluff
See You Next Tuesday
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:27 am UTC
Location: The Departure Lounge

Postby Fluff » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:41 pm UTC

Aoeniac wrote:
Fluff wrote:I love Duran Duran.

NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO ADMIT THEY LIKE DURAN DURAN AS A CONFESSIONAL! THAT IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD KNOW!
.



I've got a poster of Simon Le Bon on my office wall at work.

User avatar
thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 am UTC
Location: The-middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere

Postby thefiddler » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:45 pm UTC

I sing in the car, loudly and obnoxiously. :D

I hate hearing the word "bastard," because it reminds me of my heritage. :oops:

User avatar
hermaj
Posts: 6139
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:37 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Postby hermaj » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:10 pm UTC

FUTURE CONFESSION: I slapped someone across the mouth for saying one time too many that my parents had a shotgun wedding.

Myparentsdidnothaveashotgunweddingthankyouverymuch.


@thefiddler: I dance in the car. Poorly.

User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
Posts: 4221
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby no-genius » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:12 pm UTC

I hate the words 'retard' and 'spaz/spastic'*. I was going to the campus shop once last year, and someone called me a spaz. I called him a fucker, but I just wish I'd said 'I think you'll find they're called Scope now'. argghhh. WTF? do they think i'm too 'retarded' to hear them?

Also I'm sure a little kid called me a spaz when I was on my way to an exam. I wasn't going to say anything, cos there's not really any way I could win that argument and look good. But it pissed me off quite a bit... Think I did ok in the exam though.

*I have asperger's syndrome. It pisses me off when people think I won't mind or care when they do stuff like that.
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

User avatar
thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 am UTC
Location: The-middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere

Postby thefiddler » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:21 pm UTC

no-genius wrote:I hate the words 'retard' and 'spaz/spastic'*. I was going to the campus shop once last year, and someone called me a spaz. I called him a fucker, but I just wish I'd said 'I think you'll find they're called Scope now'. argghhh. WTF? do they think i'm too 'retarded' to hear them?

Also I'm sure a little kid called me a spaz when I was on my way to an exam. I wasn't going to say anything, cos there's not really any way I could win that argument and look good. But it pissed me off quite a bit... Think I did ok in the exam though.

*I have asperger's syndrome. It pisses me off when people think I won't mind or care when they do stuff like that.

That's horrible. :(
People, myself included, are horribly insensitive to those around them. :(

I feel bad, now.

User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
Posts: 4221
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby no-genius » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:22 pm UTC

i'm insensitive too! i just don't like it when other people do it :P
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

User avatar
thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 am UTC
Location: The-middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere

Postby thefiddler » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:24 pm UTC

Well, of course.

Like when people point out that I'm short (I'm 5'1"). Well, gee really? I hadn't noticed. :x
Or when they say that I'm Asian, as though it were a bad thing.
And then there is the whole "bastard" thing, again.

Perhaps I'm just too acutely aware of my insecurities. :(

User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
Posts: 4221
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby no-genius » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:40 am UTC

aw, i'm sorry that people are such dicks to you.

Tbo, I tend to blank black people and asians, but then I do this to most people. Also I have trouble recognising people - any people. I used to walk out of shops with the wrong people cos I thought they were my parents. It just makes it harder when I have to not look like I'm a cross-burning racist. (which I hope I'm not)

from Curb (when Larry's talking to a mixed-race woman in a shop):
woman: "If we all keep fucking each other, we'll end up the same colour anyway"
Larry: "What a beautiful thought"
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

User avatar
Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:06 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby Toeofdoom » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:08 am UTC

Hmmm... i think i'm slightly desensetized in comparison. "ooh look a spider... /continue with whatever i was doing while making sure it cant actually crawl onto me. Or possibly drop it out the window using a sheet of paper and a cup.

and like, ignore people who decide to be idiots.
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

User avatar
Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!
Posts: 6986
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:14 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby Hawknc » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:39 am UTC

I FUCKING HATE spiders, but I can't bear to kill them. I just make sure I always have a glass and a piece of paper handy so I can extradite their arses.

User avatar
thomasjmaccoll
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:27 pm UTC
Location: cupar, fife, scotland
Contact:

Postby thomasjmaccoll » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:17 am UTC

lani wrote::( That makes me sad that so many people hate bugs and spiders and the like. Spiders are good because they eat bad bugs, and bugs are good because most of them are just cool. They're not trying to annoy you, just live their lives, just like us...I always just catch them and put them outside.

Even with bark scorpions, of which I'm terrified - catch 'em and put 'em outside.


i agree with you on this and postsecret, which i missed tea for reading once a year or so ago and have never found again until now! thankyou :)

also that movie in your sig looks really cool, i tried to put a name on the map for uk ages ago but haven't checked since...

also i guess neither of those are confessions, i'm just a little tipsy. and that's not a confession either...
slow down, you move too fast

User avatar
RealGrouchy
Nobody Misses Me As Much As Meaux.
Posts: 6704
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 7:17 am UTC
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Postby RealGrouchy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:34 am UTC

CONFESSION: I use gender-neutral terms to keep people from figuring out my sexual orientation--unless, of course, they ask me (for sex, that is). I believe I've done the same on these forums with regard to my sex/gender as well, though I'm not entirely sure.

- RG>

(Also, I sometimes use my mod powers to edit your posts).
Jack Saladin wrote:etc., lock'd
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:At least he has the decency to REMOVE THE GAP BETWEEN HIS QUOTES....
Sungura wrote:I don't really miss him. At all. He was pretty grouchy.

User avatar
hyperion
"I'll show ye...."
Posts: 1569
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:16 pm UTC
Location: Perth

Postby hyperion » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:42 am UTC

my darkeest secrets aren't appropriate, so...

i enjoy the pokemon gameboy games, but not the cartoon or anything else related to pokemon

i find the vast majority of porn disgusting. the porn with fake everything. i honestly don't see why people find jenna jameson so amazing, unless they're amazed at how diseased she must be

i don't really care if i see a spider or something, unless it actually stops me from doing something
Peshmerga wrote:A blow job would probably get you a LOT of cheeseburgers.
But I digress.

User avatar
aldimond
Otter-duck
Posts: 2665
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:52 am UTC
Location: Uptown, Chicago
Contact:

Postby aldimond » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:51 am UTC

RealGrouchy wrote:CONFESSION: I use gender-neutral terms to keep people from figuring out my sexual orientation--unless, of course, they ask me (for sex, that is). I believe I've done the same on these forums with regard to my sex/gender as well, though I'm not entirely sure.


My boss does that.
One of these days my desk is going to collapse in the middle and all its weight will come down on my knee and tear my new fake ACL. It could be tomorrow. This is my concern.

User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin
Contact:

Postby Lani » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:25 am UTC

thomasjmaccoll wrote:i agree with you on this and postsecret, which i missed tea for reading once a year or so ago and have never found again until now! thankyou :)

also that movie in your sig looks really cool, i tried to put a name on the map for uk ages ago but haven't checked since...

also i guess neither of those are confessions, i'm just a little tipsy. and that's not a confession either...


He just came to Austin a week or two ago, but I had already made plans that night - I was busy convincing a friend to move to Austin. I was pretty sad to miss it, though. I've been wanting to send one in, but I can't think of any good secrets...

And, you should check back on Four Eyed Monsters. They just announced that they are doing multiple free viewings in Second Life, and have finally released the DVD for sale. If my boyfriend actually gets his copy in time, I think we may show that for our Anti-Valentine's Day party instead of Don Hertzfeldt.
- Lani



"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."

Air Gear
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:36 pm UTC

Postby Air Gear » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:28 am UTC

Aoeniac wrote:
Air Gear wrote:2) For some reason, I find the shounen-ai anime couples generally much cuter than the straight ones. (Magical Girl has NOTHING on this.)



Sukisyo!


*fires up Azureus*

User avatar
thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 am UTC
Location: The-middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere

Postby thefiddler » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:45 am UTC

Confession: I don't want to have kids (because I'm afraid I would be an awful mother, neglect them, etc.)
Confession: The Grateful Dead is one of my favourite bands ever.
Confession: I sometimes spell "favourite" and "colour" the way the English do, as opposed to the Americanized versions ("favorite" and "color"), because the "u" makes them look more distinguished.
Confession: I think I was born a few decades late for the things I love.

User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
Posts: 4221
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby no-genius » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:07 am UTC

thefiddler wrote:Confession: I sometimes spell "favourite" and "colour" the way the English do, as opposed to the Americanized versions ("favorite" and "color"), because the "u" makes them look more distinguished.

I think I love you :P

thefiddler wrote:Confession: I think I was born a few decades late for the things I love.


Yeah, I feel like that sometimes. Although its more like I wish I knew about the stuff I like now earlier. But hey, go outside and climb a tree! You never know what you'll find (though it is usually just squirrels)
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

User avatar
thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 am UTC
Location: The-middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere

Postby thefiddler » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:27 am UTC

no-genius wrote:I think I love you :P

Well, yay. Love. Reciprocated? :)

no-genius wrote:Yeah, I feel like that sometimes. Although its more like I wish I knew about the stuff I like now earlier. But hey, go outside and climb a tree! You never know what you'll find (though it is usually just squirrels)

It's too late (early?) to go outside and climb a tree. Plus, it's snowing. (Yay, snow!)
Anyways, yeah. I mean, like how The Grateful Dead is my favourite band and there are several other things.

Modern society is just too... too. I don't know. :(

User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
Posts: 4221
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby no-genius » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:33 am UTC

thefiddler wrote:
no-genius wrote:Yeah, I feel like that sometimes. Although its more like I wish I knew about the stuff I like now earlier. But hey, go outside and climb a tree! You never know what you'll find (though it is usually just squirrels)

It's too late (early?) to go outside and climb a tree. Plus, it's snowing. (Yay, snow!)
Anyways, yeah. I mean, like how The Grateful Dead is my favourite band and there are several other things.

Modern society is just too... too. I don't know. :(


I meant 'climb a tree' as in just do something new?
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

User avatar
thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 am UTC
Location: The-middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere

Postby thefiddler » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:35 am UTC

no-genius wrote:I meant 'climb a tree' as in just do something new?

What... what if I lack the motivation to do something new? :(

User avatar
Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:50 am UTC

Postby Twasbrillig » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:36 am UTC

I have to confess that I cringe every time I pass your avatar, thefiddler.

Don't take this the wrong way at all, I'm not implying anything, its just the facial expression scares me... it's like one of those weird sculptures that seems to follow you wherever you turn. The eyes! Dear god the eyes!

LOOKING INTO MY VERY SOUL.

*cough*
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

User avatar
thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 am UTC
Location: The-middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere

Postby thefiddler » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:37 am UTC

I'm magical, duh.

Oh fine, fine.
:(

User avatar
Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:50 am UTC

Postby Twasbrillig » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:39 am UTC

Heyheyhey! I didn't say remove it. But it does scare me.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

User avatar
thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 am UTC
Location: The-middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere

Postby thefiddler » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:42 am UTC

Being scared is bad. :(
So I took it off.

I'll look for something else, later, when I'm not feeling a bit sleep deprived. :)

User avatar
dragonfrog
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:43 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Postby dragonfrog » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:33 am UTC

Squeak wrote:I'm overly suspicious of single magpies and so have to counteract the bad luck of seeing one by bowing, wishing it a good morning/afternoon/evening/night and then spitting....sad fact is at the moment, they haven't started nesting so there are LOTS of single magpies around :(


That is an absolutely wonderful superstition. I might just have to adopt it.

If I have to inconvenience a spider, e.g. moving a plant on which it has built a web, I am very solicitous, and always address it as "father".

User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
Posts: 4221
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby no-genius » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:07 am UTC

dragonfrog wrote:
Squeak wrote:I'm overly suspicious of single magpies and so have to counteract the bad luck of seeing one by bowing, wishing it a good morning/afternoon/evening/night and then spitting....sad fact is at the moment, they haven't started nesting so there are LOTS of single magpies around :(


That is an absolutely wonderful superstition. I might just have to adopt it.


Haha, it gets a bit inconvenient up north :D

spoiler wrote:'The Magpies' is a nickname for Newcastle United. Newcastle is in northern England (but not Scotland), hence 'up north'. That last bit was a joke. Laugh!
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 28 guests