Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Shro
science genius girl

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Shro » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:16 am UTC

Playing GH drunk makes me happy. I think I'm better whilst imbibing, because I get into that unfocused eyes concentrating on the whole screen zone. Also, I thought co-op would be lame because the bass parts are always pretty lame, but then I realized I could just play it on hard on expert. Good deal.
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:23 am UTC

Kineticka wrote:
Shadow Tyrant wrote:re: "Through the Fire and the Flames" on medium: I can get 75% on expert, pro face-off mode. I can't make it through the intro normally, though.

The thought of it on Expert causes me physical pain. Well done to you!

I Youtube'd the music video for it. Watching it played on actual guitars is just amazing.

It's not their fastest song.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:26 am UTC

Cai wrote:
KicktheCAN wrote:Confession: I frequent the xkcd forums.

If there weren't you wouldn't hang around here so much.

Thanks, self-fix'd.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Shadow Tyrant

Postby Shadow Tyrant » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:27 am UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
Kineticka wrote:
Shadow Tyrant wrote:re: "Through the Fire and the Flames" on medium: I can get 75% on expert, pro face-off mode. I can't make it through the intro normally, though.

I Youtube'd the music video for it. Watching it played on actual guitars is just amazing.

Yeah, but all their other songs [Save "Cry for Eternity"] sound exactly the same, so who cares?
Trade your old video games for new ones with Goozex!

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:32 am UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
Kineticka wrote:

Which one is, in your opinion? They're all about the same speed to me. But I would've preferred Fury of the Storm or Revolution Deathsquad in GH3.
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

latch.r.ite
how do you like THESE apples?

Postby latch.r.ite » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:34 am UTC

Confession: I wanted to swerve into oncoming traffic today. It was... weird.
"He who has a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'."
- Nietzsche

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:39 am UTC

jmrz wrote:Confession: I suck at GH3. It makes me sad.

I'm teh suck at GH as well. I've mangled my way through career on easy for both GHII and GHIII over the weekend, but it wasn't pretty.

/angell
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:53 am UTC

latch.r.ite wrote:Confession: I wanted to swerve into oncoming traffic today. It was... weird.

That made me think of this one.

sethicus
Winner

Postby sethicus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:30 am UTC

confession: i posted my crazy thumb in post your face for you curios freaks, so stop with the pm's
Compromise: Lowering my standards so you can meet them.

Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind

Postby Will » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:57 am UTC

Confession: I am supremely happy to finally have my laptop working again. You guys have no idea.
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers

Postby Angelene » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:18 am UTC

Phi wrote:I'm not ok.

Everything will be OK.
Everything will be OK Perfect.
Everything will be OK Perfect.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

libellule

Postby libellule » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:24 am UTC

@Cara & D33p: congratulations! Your newborn is just gorgeous. Many more!

@orgy-goers: Methinks there would be no sex there, you'd all be too busy arguing about the hawtness or ickiness of beardedness.

confession: I haven't checked in on xkcd for a while and was inordinately pleased to see SecondTalon's old avatar back in motion.

thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess

Postby thefiddler » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:28 am UTC

libellule wrote:@orgy-goers: Methinks there would be no sex there, you'd all be too busy arguing about the hawtness or ickiness of beardedness.

We can look past beards for an orgy. Mhm.

Confession: I don't know what is wrong with me, tonight. I am not tired, but I am crazy. I can't focus and nothing makes sense. I feel removed from life. :(

libellule

Postby libellule » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:41 am UTC

thefiddler wrote:
libellule wrote:@orgy-goers: Methinks there would be no sex there, you'd all be too busy arguing about the hawtness or ickiness of beardedness.

Sneaky! You were planning to render gmalivuk prostrate with submissiveness and then wield your strop and single edge blade to turn his hirsute and manly visage into a baby's bottom.

thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess

Postby thefiddler » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:42 am UTC

libellule wrote:
thefiddler wrote:

Sneaky! You were planning to render gmalivuk prostrate with submissiveness and then wield your strop and single edge blade to turn his hirsute and manly visage into a baby's bottom.

Are you calling me Delilah? :O

*cries*

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:44 am UTC

Confession: It didn't take me more than a moment to understand that refrence, but not because I read my bible like a good little Christian. No, it was the Pinky and the Brain episode where Brain tries to fine the source of Sampson's strength.. Then the lock of hair falls on his head and he gets all strong...
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess

Postby thefiddler » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:46 am UTC

Akira wrote:Confession: It didn't take me more than a moment to understand that refrence, but not because I read my bible like a good little Christian. No, it was the Pinky and the Brain episode where Brain tries to fine the source of Sampson's strength.. Then the lock of hair falls on his head and he gets all strong...

Hmm. Oh well.

Is it weird that I am an atheist who goes to Church pretty much every Sunday... to hear the sermons? I find them interesting and like to learn about the theology. Also, it is a lot of bullshit. But interesting bullshit, which makes it OK.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:47 am UTC

libellule wrote:
thefiddler wrote:

That would not be necessary. I've already stated that I will change my facial hair status in return for kisses. I think an orgy goes above and beyond that, so if there was a consensus among the other participants, I would yield to their preferences.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess

Postby thefiddler » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:48 am UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
libellule wrote:
thefiddler wrote:

That would not be necessary. I've already stated that I will change my facial hair status in return for kisses. I think an orgy goes above and beyond that, so if there was a consensus among the other participants, I would yield to their preferences.

Truth.

You will shave, eventually. :)

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:49 am UTC

I haven't been to church (except on holidays when I can deal with it for the sake of family togetherness) since the old pastor retired. He had wonderful sermons, filled with life and meaning in the present day. The new one sucks mightily.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

libellule

Postby libellule » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:51 am UTC

gmalivuk wrote:That would not be necessary. I've already stated that I will change my facial hair status in return for kisses. I think an orgy goes above and beyond that, so if there was a consensus among the other participants, I would yield to their preferences.

What else would you change with the promise of nooky?

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:53 am UTC

Confession: My boss tried to schedule me for a shift I'm not available to work. I was going to go yell at him, when the supervisor (also the girl I love) promised me she'd get things sorted out. She did, and today my boss bitched at her because I wouldn't work the shift. This makes me so angry, but I know anything I do will just make him harp on her even more. I feel like shit thinking that I caused that, but I can't just bend over and take his crap next time he tries to do something bone-headed. And she claims it doesn't bother her, that he can yell all he wants but it will never phase her. There's nothing I can do about this situation but wait for her to leave (end of the school year)
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).

sethicus
Winner

Postby sethicus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:56 am UTC

Vandole wrote:There's nothing I can do about this situation except make sweet sweet love to her for being all sorts of win.

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:57 am UTC

sethicus wrote:
Vandole wrote:There's nothing I can do about this situation except make sweet sweet love to her for being all sorts of win.
(fix)
I wish. It's unrequited.

sethicus
Winner

Postby sethicus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:59 am UTC

Vandole wrote:
sethicus wrote:
(fix)
I wish. It's unrequited.

then requite it...if that's a word.

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:04 am UTC

If only it were that simple.

Confession: I'm beginning to worry about this little... crush... <_< Usually I'd have seen sense by now, I believe.

Still waiting and watching. Still unwilling to possibly ruin the best friendship I have. Still want nothing more than to snuggle with her on a couch somewhere.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

sethicus
Winner

Postby sethicus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:11 am UTC

Akira wrote:If only it were that simple.

Confession: I'm beginning to worry about this little... crush... <_< Usually I'd have seen sense by now, I believe.

Still waiting and watching. Still unwilling to possibly ruin the best friendship I have. Still want nothing more than to snuggle with her on a couch somewhere.

Confession: I just had a brief relationship with a girl I really liked and thought would go a long way. That was last week. Today, I got another girl's number just because I decided to talk to her. It's only going to be unrequited until you choose to make it not so. And coming from a very person with a very cynical stance on "Love," give it a shot. At worst, you down for a bit, but then someone else catches your eye.

Verator

Postby Verator » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:12 am UTC

sethicus wrote:
Akira wrote:If only it were that simple.

Confession: I just had a brief relationship with a girl I really liked and thought would go a long way. That was last week. Today, I got another girl's number just because I decided to talk to her. It's only going to be unrequited until you choose to make it not so. And coming from a very person with a very cynical stance on "Love," give it a shot. At worst, you down for a bit, but then someone else catches your eye.

Or in my case you go asexual and have absolutely no hope left whatsoever.
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Kawa

Postby Kawa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:21 am UTC

Should be asleep. Probably won't sleep well. Want to hear his voice. So codependent. So incoherent. Need it to be 9 hours from now, so I'm on campus again. Maybe he'll come to my section of class instead of the 2 PM? That would make me happy.
Kawa likes these things:
Spanish Ninja Bodyguard
math, anime, more!
Origami, Florida
New York, and xkcd.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:23 am UTC

Verator wrote:Or in my case you go asexual and have absolutely no hope left whatsoever.
This too will pass. I've been there.

sethicus
Winner

Postby sethicus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:30 am UTC

Confession: I'm somewhat miffed that someone took blatant sarcasm for sincerity in the general thread. This is NOT srs bidness!

thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess

Postby thefiddler » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:38 am UTC

sethicus wrote:Confession: I'm somewhat miffed that someone took blatant sarcasm for sincerity in the general thread. This is NOT srs bidness!

If you are speaking of what I posted in the lock'd thread, then no, I did not mistake it for sincerity. I just figured I'd let you know that Randy had already handled everything.

Also, the INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

sethicus
Winner

Postby sethicus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:58 am UTC

thefiddler wrote:
sethicus wrote:Confession: I'm somewhat miffed that someone took blatant sarcasm for sincerity in the general thread. This is NOT srs bidness!

If you are speaking of what I posted in the lock'd thread, then no, I did not mistake it for sincerity. I just figured I'd let you know that Randy had already handled everything.

Also, the INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

LIES! teh intertubes is not SRS BIDNESS!

and yes, i realize that as an icon he probably receives love notes and women's panties in the mail all the time.

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:50 pm UTC

Yea, this isn't a confession, but since I've been ranting about calling my dad in here for like a week, it seemed the appropriate place for an update.

Called today during my free (costing me 20p a minute on my mobile! I was not impressed, it's 1p a minute from the home phone :P), and my dad was actually home. However, when the evil stepmother answered, she informed me that my uncle had a "really bad" seizure last week, and was still in the hospital. After talking to my dad about it, managed to determine that this was a lie, it wasn't that bad of a seizure, just the effect of his medications becoming ineffective (he was hit by a car when he was 13, is on medications to prevent seizures, but they eventually stop working), and the neurologist said there was really nothing to worry about (after doing every brain scan possible). He'll be going into a nursing home for a few days, because he's not quite up to going home yet, but he's only slightly confused at the moment, and can hold a coherent conversation. (After one of his really bad seizures, his memory is quite gone for a while and he can't function at all -- has to go into a rehabiliation centre to learn to walk, and it takes a while just to remember who people are.)

Of course, I then felt a bit guilty responding to that news with, "So, Dad, will you sign a letter so I can get British citizenship, please?", but he was actually completely fine about it. I'm emailing him the letter, he'll print it out and sign it and have it in the mail for me by the end of the week. Assuming the evil stepmother doesn't interfere.

It rather seems to me that they should've called to tell me about Uncle Brad, though, rather than wait for me to call and then spring it on me as soon as they answer the phone...

Confession: I really didn't mean to do quite so long a post that isn't even a confession. :P
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

TiberiusM

Postby TiberiusM » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:09 pm UTC

My parents don't tell me much about family happenings either (it was close to 2 months after their engagement when they deemed to tell me my sister was getting married).

Sorry to hear about your uncle though, always sucks to hear family members are in the hospital.

Congrats on your soon to be citizenship though!

edit:
Oh, uh, Confession: I can't think of an avatar/sig to use in these forums.

Tisiphone

Postby Tisiphone » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:21 pm UTC

I don't remember Saturday night. Black tequila is the devil. The tasty, tasty devil.
I'd love to have your cake and eat it too.

Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind

Postby Will » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:47 pm UTC

Confession: I had to stop reading the bacon/ayb conversation in the man thread to stop myself from busting out lauging in the middle of lecture.
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:13 pm UTC

I wish the IT guy and/or my bosses who are trying to get at my computer while I'm gone on my lunch breaks would realize I'm smarter than them when it comes to covering up my tracks on my computer. ...Wait, no I don't.

Still, does no one value quality of ninja-like skills anymore? Or are they actually smart, and are secretly letting me know they KNOW I know they were on my computer while I was gone, trying to view my web history and whatnots. They didn't even try to make it look like no one was here! The screen saver was off, and my full screen remote server window was completely closed, and it should have just been timed out but still full screen.

My guess is no, based on observational evidence. They may have more qualified networking skills and whatever it takes to keep massive servers running and printers working, but I grew up with computers so I have the kind of l337 internet skills they just don't understand... or do they? Here's hoping they aren't reading this, and if they are, kudos. I'm impressed. /crossing fingers
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

NightStar
"Hold very still, Mr President....."

Postby NightStar » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:18 pm UTC

Vandole wrote:...but it will never phase her.

Confession: I don't consider myself a grammar/spelling nazi, but when people use the word "phase" when they mean "faze", it causes me physical discomfort. Yes, it looks misspelled; no, it's actually not. Don't worry, Vandole, it seems like 98% of the population does this...but one of these days, I swear I'm going to have a brain aneurysm and keel over.

Confession: That may have been a rant masquerading as a confession.
Hawknc wrote:Madness?
THIS IS COLLEGE!
*Kicks a beer keg over a balcony*

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:20 pm UTC

I think unfortunately this is one misspelling that will become part of the language for good.

(my confession was a rant, too, it's ok)
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

Return to “General”