Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

niko7865

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby niko7865 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:23 pm UTC

I'm addicted to pirating. I recently gained access to some ftp servers and have downloaded 18GBs worth of movies in the past two days.
21/m/athletic/white&nerdy/washington/straight/???

sethicus
Winner

Postby sethicus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:40 pm UTC

niko7865 wrote:I'm addicted to pirating. I recently gained access to some ftp servers and have downloaded 18GBs worth of movies in the past two days.

what servers?
Compromise: Lowering my standards so you can meet them.

haz3s

Postby haz3s » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Confession: I get a kick out of faking various accents in retail establishments. I cannot help if they keep fawning over me and rewarding with freebies.

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:03 pm UTC

Confession: I secretly loathe Belial for partially restoring my faith in humanity.

(Sometimes you wonder if there's anyone else at all who sees at least 'certain' things similarly to yourself, and through what little you can glimpse of someone's personality and philosophy through an online forum, you're dismayed to find it is more likely than you presumed it to be.) Not sure if that's good or bad. Maybe I need to adjust my philosophies a bit more, not that they won't change anyway.

This is meant as a backhanded compliment to any other snarky nihilistically/raptor-inclined nerds I have met, and have yet to meet.
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:06 pm UTC

Clerria wrote:Confession: I secretly loathe Belial for partially restoring my faith in humanity.

Wait, I did what?

Clearly I am doing this wrong....
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:09 pm UTC

Yeah, seriously dude, you're way too nice and benevolent for a vicious Hell-ruling lizard king. You gotta work on that.

BUT I STILL WUVS OOOOO!
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:14 pm UTC

Yeah, it's kinda like, you resist coming across as a dense moron more often than not, and that makes me mad. Stop teasing.
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:51 pm UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:Yeah, seriously dude, you're way too nice and benevolent for a vicious Hell-ruling lizard king. You gotta work on that.

Right right. I'll get to work on that immediately.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:25 pm UTC

Confession: I'm embarassed by getting good grades. I'm crashing Biology class this year, and have had better scores in every test than the rest of the class (who've done two years already). I'm reluctant to tell people my results, as they'll have lower scores...
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Verator

Postby Verator » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:26 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:Confession: I'm embarassed by getting good grades. I'm crashing Biology class this year, and have had better scores in every test than the rest of the class (who've done two years already). I'm reluctant to tell people my results, as they'll have lower scores...

There's this thing called gloating. Do it.
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:34 pm UTC

This 'gloating' of which you speak is dead useful. It gives a temporary self-esteem boost, but permanent -50 social skills and various other undesirable effects.

I tend to just give people help if they want it, or go 'meh' and shrug. I'm not very good at modesty.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Thunderbird4!
It's ketchup, I swear!

Postby Thunderbird4! » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:35 pm UTC

Confession: I'm about to make a comparison that my fellow man will more likely than not find fallacious.

The emotional pain I feel right now from doing what I know is right hurts more than the physical pain I feel from being kicked in the testicles (no connection between the two incidents though).
d33p wrote:xkcd: We keep people from jumping off of shit

mudge wrote:Taking cat-proximity laws out of lolcats is like taking friction out of sex.

mrorange
Something from Reservoir Dogs, perhaps?

Postby mrorange » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:19 am UTC

confession: it was like three pages ago (this thread moves too fast) but i am probably far more proud of myself than i should be for sparking conversation (read:more than three posts) but it was way gone before i could talk... oh well. i still had an impact, on other people! i controlled your minds for the brief moment it took you to type your replies. BWAAHAHAHAHAH mine is an evil laugh.
Truth be told/If I can be so bold/Your sig did inspire/What here did transpire/So that you would me admire/cause me to aspire/to greater heights/of lyrical plights.
-ThorFluff
BomanTheBear wrote: but then i started playing rugby and breakdancing.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:27 am UTC

I personally think emotional pain can be quite a bit more... painful than physical pain.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:41 am UTC

i lost someone i loved 11 years ago today. we only knew each other a short while, but we connected from the first time our eyes met. some things about him are still so vivid in my memory, but almost everything else has faded.

confession: i'm not sure what makes me sadder, the fact that he's gone, or that i can hardly remember some parts of him.
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:32 am UTC

Confession: I'm not sure whether I want him to or not. And don't ask "to what?", because I can't quite word it right.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:36 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:I personally think emotional pain can be quite a bit more... painful than physical pain.

The physical pain usually goes away from time to time.

Ketzerei

Postby Ketzerei » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:52 am UTC

TigerX wrote:
Insignificant Deification wrote:I personally think emotional pain can be quite a bit more... painful than physical pain.

The physical pain usually goes away from time to time.

As someone who's always been pretty tolerant of physical pain, I think that's it. Things that hurt physically - scrapes, bruises, dentists, whatever - tend to be things of obviously temporary duration. You can tell yourself "just suck it up and it'll be over soon." You can tell yourself to suck up emotional pain, too, but you have no idea when (or if) it'll end, and that makes it a lot harder to bear - for me, at least.
とても嬉しかったよ
君が笑い掛けてた
全てを溶かす微笑みで

mrorange

Postby mrorange » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:16 am UTC

Confession: i can never tell when im being emotional and its okay, cause hey, shit happens, or im just being a whiny teenager... and it really bothers me...
Truth be told/If I can be so bold/Your sig did inspire/What here did transpire/So that you would me admire/cause me to aspire/to greater heights/of lyrical plights.
-ThorFluff

xooll

Postby xooll » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:21 am UTC

mrorange wrote:Confession: i can never tell when im being emotional and its okay, cause hey, shit happens, or im just being a whiny teenager... and it really bothers me...

The trick is to get older. Then there's only the risk of being a whiny adult.
So, I got tired of the fact that the appearance of my band name in my signature made my posts on this forum the dominant result when googling for my music. Anyway, if you think I might happen to be a good musician, you can test this theory here.

Verator

Postby Verator » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:35 am UTC

Or, ororor, just be more mature than your age. Some complaining is fine too. Having normal human emotions is nice, I miss that...

Also, on pain: Physical pain isn't bad, and is in some cases enjoyable (excluding things such as stomach cramps, or in my case that one time my intestines were being liquefied from the inside by McDonald's Chicken Nuggets food poisoning.). However, emotional pain tends to stick around for a damn long time and flare up at the slightest reminder. It's like a food allergy, and that product is everywhere. Except it isn't a deadly allergy. Sometimes. Also, emotional pain isn't ever enjoyable, and if it is, well, shit son, you need some therapy or something.
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

NightStar
"Hold very still, Mr President....."

Postby NightStar » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:28 am UTC

Confession: Comic #110 makes me laugh every single time I read it. It's the alt-text that gets me.
Hawknc wrote:Madness?
THIS IS COLLEGE!
*Kicks a beer keg over a balcony*

persephonester

Postby persephonester » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:40 am UTC

Confession: I slept with the manager at work over the summer. I have to go back there to work next week, except I have a boyfriend now, so I'm going to have the manager fired because it's more convenient for me.

Confession pt II: I started plotting how to get him fired as soon as he kissed me.

Seven
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One

Postby Seven » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:43 am UTC

Confession: I'm an incurable word-smith. I sometimes go back and edit a post just to change one word.
Last edited by Seven on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:44 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mrorange

Postby mrorange » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:44 am UTC

xooll wrote:
mrorange wrote:Confession: i can never tell when im being emotional and its okay, cause hey, shit happens, or im just being a whiny teenager... and it really bothers me...

arent those just worse though? cause they should KNOW better by now!
-ThorFluff

Seven
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One

Postby Seven » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:46 am UTC

mrorange wrote:
xooll wrote:
arent those just worse though? cause they should KNOW better by now!

I used to feel that way about PMS, until I realized I was taking things TOO lightly the rest of the month.

elminster

Postby elminster » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:50 am UTC

They did find out that parts of emotional pain are dealt in the brain by the same area as physical pain.

Confession (Sort of): My friend, that I mentioned a few times recently, told me today that he got dumped (She was awesome) cause she had issues with him smoking weed and I swear I could have just punched him in the face right there.
Some thoughts on it:
Spoiler:
Out of all the people I know, he should be one of the stronger ones and be able to deal with any addictions. Sure, he has an addictive and lives life on the edge, but he doesn't seem to realise what he's lost because of his addictions. He's one of the few friends I would seriously tell him things, but I don't think I can get across how pissed off I am at his lack of willpower. I thought he was better than that. He's willing to put up fists at a moments notice and die for his country, but can't deal with something he has to actively seek. *sigh* I have a bad opinion of most people who can't, but him, who I prized for enlightening me about philosphy, should be above all this.

I'm almost never jealous of people, but in the short time I spent with his GF a couple of weeks back, I realised how well we clicked.
We both like same music, festivals, clothing style; She found me hilarious and loved how I thought about certian things; IMO best looking GF out of anyone I know; One of the more intellegent and knows quiet a bit more than the average about similar things I know; Certianly a very good judge of character. After all of it, I just thought "Well, good for him. He's obviously very lucky to have her". (Note: I know I'm not entirely right for someone like that and I know, specifically, what personality traits I need to improve on to be like that, but changing your personality isn't as easy as I'd like).
Anyway, because of this, I feel more of a sense of duty to stop him smoking than anything in a long time. I told him alot of what I think (Including that I would hit him pretty hard if he doesn't sort it out), but probability of it working out well isn't too good.

Funnily enough, I can attribute most of his smoking to 1 person, who he hates and likes at the same time (He's said on a number of occasions that he may completely stop being friends with him). Personally I don't particularly like this person. He likes me, but thats only because I'm generally apathetic to what he thinks, so I save my arguments for logical ones than subjective (i.e. I kind of cater to his emotions). I can't stop my friend liking him without looking like the one inciting hate. Tipping the scales slightly may have a pretty bad backlash in a worst case scenario though.

He'll probably come round mine tommorow and although I really despize of manipulating people (Especially to someone of his mental calibre. He's not immune though), when it's well considered and purely beneficial in intent, it maybe the right thing to do. Then again, I have a feeling it may need less than I'm thinking, due to his personality; Maybe showing clear directions will be enough.

I don't think he will ever realise how much less I will think of him if he doesn't at least try hard to resolve it.
Confession: I always feel that people think I'm trying to be a showoff if I show people what I done quite well, despite it almost never being the intent. Unless I've done something extremely exceptional, so that even some of the worst subjective opinions will still be "good", I still get that feeling.
I'm not 100% sure which thoughts it stems from though.

@persephonester: "Ouch"...

Verator

Postby Verator » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:56 am UTC

Confession: because of a messed up link in the girl thread, I found an anime I actually like. Fuck.

(For reference, it was Death note.)

persephonester

Postby persephonester » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:01 am UTC

elminster wrote:

I was 19. He was 32, and married. He obviously was not after my personality.

And ouch right back at you. I dumped one of my boyfriends because of his drug habits, and it's just so pathetic that he cared more about a temporary state of mind than being with me.

sethicus
Winner

Postby sethicus » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:09 am UTC

persephonester wrote:
elminster wrote:

And ouch right back at you. I dumped one of my boyfriends because of his drug habits, and it's just so pathetic that he cared more about a temporary state of mind than being with me.

please keep us updated on the status of his employment. this i want to hear.
Compromise: Lowering my standards so you can meet them.

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:12 am UTC

I guess I have a load to say about the last 5 pages of thread, but I guess there is a bit of a three stooges effect going on in my head.

Confession: I was pretty pissed last night after receiving top of my class and then finding out they had added a new award, which was higher that I didn't receive, this isn't what I was angry about, the fact that I had to sit in a hot stuffy church for 4 hours to wait for award, and upon congratulating the guy who bested me and didn't deserve it he was being an ass about it, it was The General Excellence, that little bastard doesn't play any sport, and I'm like THE sportsman. Big MEH. Also I thought of my new signature whilst sitting in church. I am a lot less pissed then this post suggests. And used it to point out my new title.
Had exams today, did pretty well.
Confession: I thought about introducing this guy to the fora, reminds me loads of some of you here, but decided not to, this is my little special place.
=]

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers

Postby Angelene » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:20 am UTC

Awh Kit, for what it's worth I think you're generally excellent.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:29 am UTC

We don't need additional French paedophiles.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Phi
Has Proportional Boobs (As rumor has it)

Postby Phi » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:31 am UTC

Confession: I got so bored in Literature today that I starting to try to see if I could draw with my left hand (which I never use to write/draw).

It didn't work, so I ended up drawing comics instead. Small comics. If I had a scanner I'd waste your screen-space with a link to said comics, but oh well. Such is life.

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:40 am UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:Awh Kit, for what it's worth I think you're generally excellent.

Yeah, I just don't kiss enough ass for teachers to realize. Nah everything is sweet over here.
=]

elminster

Postby elminster » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:47 am UTC

persephonester wrote:
elminster wrote:@persephonester: "Ouch"...

Well... it's quite hard to assume that age gap and him being married from your post. It sounded too malicious as well as being a confession, which made it seem like a personal vendetta without enough reasoning.
But yeah, age gap, married and using his position... he does deserve it.

Btw, theres only so much I can do for my friend; At the end of the day, it is his loss. Just unfortunate that me and her seemed to "click" so well (i.e. Seemed like a ideal match) and I know what I'd do in that situation, which makes me feel worse when seeing my friend throw it away. Heh, I'd hardly call myself the one with the answers to a relationship though, merely alot of logically driven determination if needed (Given enough reason, I can make life changes desicions at a click of a finger).

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:48 am UTC

Congratulations Kit, good effort. Sucks that some wanker got the better prize, but it doesn't mean that much, if you know that you're better than him.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:49 am UTC

NightStar wrote:
Vandole wrote:...but it will never phase her.
Confession: I don't consider myself a grammar/spelling nazi, but when people use the word "phase" when they mean "faze", it causes me physical discomfort.
Ah, but how do you know I didn't mean she claimed it wouldn't adjust her into a synchronized condition? Well okay that'd be because it makes no sense. I blame Star Trek, by the way.
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:53 am UTC

Polly that means a lot coming from a high level wizard, thanks.
Uhm yeah well I really am proud of him he's an alright kid I guess, works harder than most wankers, gets bullied quite a bit, weird little guy, and I got the same prize last year. One teacher pretty much hinted at the fact it was because I am absent about once a week every week.
Oohp and dad just came into the room with pizza.

Confession: I really wish I was more help to others.
=]

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:02 am UTC

I was absent about once a week when I was at school, but that was because I was legitimately sick. Or so depressed I made myself sick. That's a confession.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Return to “General”