Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Okita
Staying Alive

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Okita » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:55 am UTC

Confession: Sometimes I like eating cheese with crackers. Whenever I do (like tonight) I always go "Cheese Gromit! We'll go someplace where there'se CHEESE!". I do it with the Wallace arm hand motion too.
Last edited by Okita on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:16 am UTC

thefiddler wrote:And this year was the first time I've ever had people remember my birthday -- and it was all people from the fora. :(

Move to Boston soon. Then it'll be all people from...where you live. =P
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
"I am just about to be brilliant!"
General_Norris, on feminism, wrote:If you lose your six Pokémon, you lost.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:47 am UTC

Confession re: Purity tests.

I use them as checklists.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:48 am UTC

Confession: If I do have an 18th birthday party, it'll be at least largely because it'll be the only time I can get a lot of other people to buy my drinks.
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

Verator

Postby Verator » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:49 am UTC

Nougatrocity wrote:
thefiddler wrote:And this year was the first time I've ever had people remember my birthday -- and it was all people from the fora. :(

Move to Boston soon. Then it'll be all people from...where you live. =P

Good colleges in the area I could go to in 2 years or so?
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:15 am UTC

Confession: My mom and dad has never forgotten my or any of my brothers birthdays and always seen more reason to celibrate it then i have. I think it's because they're celibrating the anniversary of they having a child more then me looking for an excuse to party. Everyone on these forums are mentally or otherwise fucked up, including yours truley... But am i really the only one with a relativly happy family? :P
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Gem

Postby Gem » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:46 am UTC

Birthday-wise I have a happy family, but in other areas, not so happy. But I still love them :D

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:32 am UTC

My birthdays are always celebrated and I never really have a big party. I may go out to dinner or have friends over to just hang out, but never a big party. Even my 18th was really civilised, I had a BBQ breakfast with my friends and we just ate and talked for a couple of hours, that was nice.
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:51 am UTC

The only birthday I celebrated in several years was this most recent one in August. I had a rocking party, which I can't remember any of, so it must have been good. And my parents wanted to take me to a steakhouse for dinner, because they forgot that I was a vegetarian.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:50 pm UTC

Verator wrote:Good colleges in the area I could go to in 2 years or so?

MIT, Harvard, BU, BC, Berklee, Northeastern.

xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!

Postby xndrew » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:27 pm UTC

Confession: My parents forget my birthday, but it doesn't bother me.

As for the tangential birthday party discussion, last year I didn't have a party by any normal definition. My friends bought me a jug of Carlos Rossi and we went to my friends private beach, drank wine, made a fire, smoked cigars, and went swimming. I much prefer this to some kind of big party.

Verator

Postby Verator » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:41 pm UTC

ZeroSum wrote:
Verator wrote:Good colleges in the area I could go to in 2 years or so?

MIT, Harvard, BU, BC, Berklee, Northeastern.

Colleges I can actually get into and afford?
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:54 pm UTC

Well, you can definitely get into BU, BC and Northeastern without terrible trouble. And though expensive, there are plenty of resources to help you pay for college.

sethicus
Winner

Postby sethicus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:04 pm UTC

jmrz wrote:My birthdays are always celebrated and I never really have a big party. I may go out to dinner or have friends over to just hang out, but never a big party. Even my 18th was really civilised, I had a BBQ breakfast with my friends and we just ate and talked for a couple of hours, that was nice.

bbq breakfast???
Compromise: Lowering my standards so you can meet them.

Verator

Postby Verator » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:05 pm UTC

sethicus wrote:
jmrz wrote:My birthdays are always celebrated and I never really have a big party. I may go out to dinner or have friends over to just hang out, but never a big party. Even my 18th was really civilised, I had a BBQ breakfast with my friends and we just ate and talked for a couple of hours, that was nice.

bbq breakfast???

Woah,I didn't catch that, i thought it said dinner. That sounds epic.

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:19 pm UTC

Confession: Today is one of those days... I tried rationalizing staying home from work 8 different ways but it just wasn't panning out.

Reasons I can't not go to work today:

1. I don't have the paid time off, and would have to borrow against, which I've already done too much and they are mean about it --- and I've been here for a solid 3 weeks in a row! Can't break the pattern!
2. I have to ask off a little early already, to go to my other job this afternoon. Leave it to me to run into a coworker in public after calling in sick. (This has happened.)
3. I had to send a fax this morning, and don't have a machine at home.

This all has led me to where I am now, at my desk, in a lot of misery. I'm usually not like this... I think I'm depressed a bit.
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

elminster

Postby elminster » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:23 pm UTC

I celebrated birthdays when I was younger, then I thought about a lot of things and realised the meaninglessness of it. I haven't celebrated on in like 7 or 8 years.
If I wanted to go out and have a good time, what's to stop me going out at any other time. Birthday is just a motivation to do something and I don't need a particular event to motivate me to do something enjoyable.

One birthday I was in a pretty annoyed mood already for some reason and my sister, a family friend and such, tried to force me into celebrating my birthday. Seriously, you don't know how much it pisses me off when people can't understand when you want to be left alone.

Is it really that hard to not go out of your way to do something that they told you explicitly annoys them. What part of "Leave me alone" don't some people get?! Especially when they say "Oh, but I'm doing it for you" or "Come on, it's fun", etc. First off, if some thing's "For me", then I have the brain to be able to work out if it is or not, as well as the final choice being mine anyway. Assuming that I can't make that decision is offensive in the sense that they imply I can't think for yourself. Secondly, "Fun" is subjective and no matter how happy someone else's feel about something, it doesn't change my opinion of the matter.

Another example is those lessons at school where they sit around and do things like cut out paper stuff or pointless representations of things. Their not helpful; In my opinion their not that fun; and if I choose to not do it, I shouldn't be punished. It's like "You have to enjoy this activity or we will knowingly make you annoyed, then punish you for not conforming"
I think this is a product of all the things I've known I wouldn't enjoy and being forced to do them, purely because it's a group decision that I have no say in the matter.

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:47 pm UTC

Confession: I don't want to go home for Thanksgiving. I would rather stay at school.

I'm not much for birthday parties. July 19th is "just another day." It's in the summer time, so I never had a party with anyone but my parents until my 21st. And that party was a surprise planned by my friends at school.

TiberiusM

Postby TiberiusM » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:51 pm UTC

Confession: I forgot about my birthday last year. I didn't realize I'd missed it until a friend called me up the day after and apologized for forgetting until that morning.

I don't like to celebrate my birthday, and I don't know why. I've never had a party, I really don't like people knowing about it either. I just can't get fussed over the whole thing. However I do enjoy celebrating other peoples birthdays. Is this strange?

xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!

Postby xndrew » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:07 pm UTC

TiberiusM wrote:Confession: I forgot about my birthday last year. I didn't realize I'd missed it until a friend called me up the day after and apologized for forgetting until that morning.

I don't like to celebrate my birthday, and I don't know why. I've never had a party, I really don't like people knowing about it either. I just can't get fussed over the whole thing. However I do enjoy celebrating other peoples birthdays. Is this strange?

Nope, I find that celebrating the birth of someone else to be a lot more fun in fact.

Confession: I find myself not doing homework that I could easily do, and I don't know why.

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:17 pm UTC

xndrew wrote:Confession: I find myself not doing homework that I could easily do, and I don't know why.

I'm suffering from the same problem. Heck, I'm not suffering a bit! :-P

I have a 7-page Urban Studies paper due in 24 hours, and I'm not even sure what the paper is supposed to be about.

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:31 pm UTC

Confession: I'm not in the least ashamed of teasing horny teenagers in online chatrooms last night. Nor am I ashamed of having implied roleplaying cutting off the one guy's balls. Nor of telling the one guy that i have blue and green nipples (I think he actually thought i was serious O_o;; ).

I am, however, ashamed that I stayed up until 3AM doing it when I had a quiz in the morning.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:39 pm UTC

This one is a bit personal for me but screw it, I'm in a good mood so why not post it.

Confession: I discovered masterbation with a pillow.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:54 pm UTC

Vanguard wrote:This one is a bit personal for me but screw it, I'm in a good mood so why not post it.

Isnt that just pillow fucking instead of masterbation?

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:08 pm UTC

It only counts as sex if it is with another organism,alive is optional. In this case, it is masturbation using a pillow as an aid.

[/minutia]
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

loratwopointone

Postby loratwopointone » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:12 pm UTC

Vanguard wrote:This one is a bit personal for me but screw it, I'm in a good mood so why not post it.

Confession: I am now tempted to try that.
Goth Juice - The most powerful hairspray known to man. Made from the tears of Robert Smith.

Shabooty

Postby Shabooty » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:33 pm UTC

Confession: I found I a sticky note with a URL to one those nasty internet pictures on my mousepad this morning. I'm thinking one of my dad's stupid friends/coworkers told him it was a funny site.

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:38 am UTC

Verator wrote:Confession 2: I don't feel all that bad for teasing Schumi about being a rich kid.

Confession: I think I've made people think that I'm a rich kid :( I'm not, honest!

Adam: "This could be trouble."
Riley: "We'd better make a fort."
Adam: "I'll get some pillows."

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:44 am UTC

schumi_girl wrote:
Verator wrote:Confession 2: I don't feel all that bad for teasing Schumi about being a rich kid.

Confession: I think I've made people think that I'm a rich kid :( I'm not, honest!

Well, you do live in a cloud-castle.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:48 am UTC

I'm lost, how did this happen?
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:51 am UTC

The AIM chat, mainly. You need to talk to Verator for the details, but the main idea was that I was a spoilt rich kid :(

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:59 am UTC

I went there today. It wasn't that great, but then it was mostly composed of Phenriz complaining about font and then discussion of videogames after an intermediary interval.

So perhaps I need to visit when something more interesting comes up.

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:12 am UTC

You went there?

Aw, I missed you! :)

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:20 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:I went there today. It wasn't that great, but then it was mostly composed of Phenriz complaining about font and then discussion of videogames after an intermediary interval.

So perhaps I need to visit when something more interesting comes up.

I will make sure to let you know when things heat up. Awesomeness levels have been low since we are still recovering from server issues.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:22 am UTC

If you're there now, Schumi, I may be persuaded to rejoin. Or Kick will tell me when the awesome returns. Whichever comes first.

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:30 am UTC

Vanguard wrote:Confession: I discovered masterbation with a pillow.

yeah, ditto.

Completely related: http://www.darwinawards.com/stupid/stupid1998-10.html
Confession: that was not me.

loratwopointone

Postby loratwopointone » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:35 am UTC

Confession: The last two boys I've gone out with I've met through myspace. (Met up IRL before going out like, but even so...)

joeframbach: That story is horrible! O_o
Goth Juice - The most powerful hairspray known to man. Made from the tears of Robert Smith.

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:38 am UTC

joeframbach wrote:
Vanguard wrote:Confession: I discovered masterbation with a pillow.

yeah, ditto.

Completely related: http://www.darwinawards.com/stupid/stupid1998-10.html
Confession: that was not me.

the link...
oh dear!! :shock:
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:39 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:If you're there now, Schumi, I may be persuaded to rejoin. Or Kick will tell me when the awesome returns. Whichever comes first.

Right now we are just talking about depressing comics
Last edited by KicktheCAN on Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:41 am UTC

Yes, indeed we are. I just finished crying about it.

I'm still online, I_D.

Although Sailor Moon is paused, so very temptingly, on the TV behind me..

Return to “General”