Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a newt idol!

Postby TigerX » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:Confession: I hate him for being so damned understanding. I hate him for loving me that much. Dammit.

I suppose I've always found this outburst curious. Another friend of mine dumped his SO along similar grounds. He basically said that his SO was trying so hard to make the relationship work that it didn't seem fair to the SO to try to keep things together.

My question is thus: Why would you dump someone who tries to make the relationship work (especially if you really do love them)?

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:31 pm UTC

I don't do drugs because of:

A: It's Illegal, No I'm not saying it's "wrong" I'm saying it gets you fucking arrested. I need to save my 2 remaining strikes for when I lose my temper.

B: It's expensive, There are other stuff I'd rather pour my money into, such as travel, food Alcohol (note for Hypocrisy), my hobbies, my computer, well lets just say that drugs end up very far down on the list.

C: I might now of the risks and the perhaps non-existant long term effects having studied Bio-chemistry at the university of stockholm and all. However, my boss probably doesn't and I'd like to keep my job, sweden is small, word travels fast.

And THIS is because Berengal Ninjad me :D :) :o :shock: :lol: :twisted:
Last edited by ThorFluff on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:35 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:32 pm UTC

TigerX wrote:My question is thus: Why would you dump someone who tries to make the relationship work (especially if you really do love them)?

Because some people have this mistaken idea that real love is easy.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:34 pm UTC

Nice summary, SecondTalon.

@angry confessions: Where, exactly, did 'I wonder why I don't see many angry confessions' become mistranslated into 'I want to see more angry confessions'?

The thing is, anger intrigues me, and so I study it quite a bit.

@ThorFluff: 'Hypocrisy', not Hypocratsi

@TigerX: The only thing I see as a tie or reason in these situations is guilt on the underachieving partner's side. And what cypher space said.

Here's to being ninja'd three times.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:37 pm UTC

If anger and rage intrigues you you might find me more interesting then I seem.
Also, thanks for the pointer, Fixed.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:02 pm UTC

...Confession: I want to rant about organised religion yet again, even though my coherence steadily drops as I say more and more about it. But it's completely screwing up my life right now - without it, I'd be really happy with my life at this moment.

And I've taken so long to write this, that I've been ninja'd seven times. That's quite annoying, too.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:11 pm UTC

Nebulae wrote:ST: Yeah, I know exactly what you're getting at, and I don't doubt that it's possible to try things safely and responsibly. Salvia seems like it would be really cool to try (and legal and safe? too!), but then again you hear about bad trips where people get stuck as a piece of furniture for 20 years (in dream/trip time.) Wouldn't that be weird, living out an entire lifetime inside a dream state.

I've tried tracking down the stories of "Dude did too much acid and now thinks he's an orange!". I've tried and tried and tried.

This is as close as I've come to finding a true case of any of the acid myths. ONE case of a dumbass staring at the sun.

ONE. (And for what it's worth, Snopes either didn't catch that one, or has resources beyond mine to discount it)

And I've yet to find anything concrete on someone thinking they're an inanimate object. Something like that would be in medical journals. There'd be papertrails. Rather than an anonymous "Some college kids", they'd say "And there's John Brown, now 46 who's still locked up in Indiana's Westgate Mental Asylum, screaming anytime anyone comes near him, afraid of being peeled" or whatever.

There are none. So, in short.. doesn't happen.

Of course, don't get me wrong.. drug use isn't something to be done lightly. Hence.. research research research before you decide to take anything.
Last edited by SecondTalon on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:17 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:14 pm UTC

The Hypocratsi are the underground doctors.
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:29 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
VTHodge wrote:We used to be friends. Those were good times. But they are in the past now.

Now there is only vengeance and death.

And cookies.

GUYS
I THINK I CAN SAVE YOUR FRIENDSHIP.

HODGE- GIVE BELIAL ALL YOUR RAISIN'D COOKIES.
It's a million to one shot but it just might work.

also-
confession:
Delalyra wrote:Okay, fora-crush on SecondTalon for making drug usersMeaux (under the right circumstances) look responsible.

Fix'd.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

NMcCoy

Postby NMcCoy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 pm UTC

Confession: I'm posting this in the middle of a class right now and nearly exclaimed out loud in surprise at the sight of Meaux's hat.

I have no idea why I found it so startling, though.

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:10 pm UTC

Heey, the hat's back!

Confession: I missed Meaux's (should there be an S there at the end?) hat when it wasn't there...
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:13 pm UTC

ST: Bad trips are definitely not a myth though.

Also, fora are actually a pretty good resource for this kind of stuff, interestingly enough. Here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... +divinorum

I frequent GAF, so I would trust some of these people as much as you would trust the people here.
Last edited by Nebulae on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:20 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:15 pm UTC

@Cheese:

In practice, Meaux is spelled Moe.

In text, you still use the s, as you only remove it in plurals and where it is redundant, as I recall.

I'm not even sure you remove it in cases of redundancy, come to think of it.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:21 pm UTC

Nebulae wrote:ST: Bad trips are definitely not a myth though.

Also, random fora are actually a pretty good resource for this kind of stuff, interestingly enough. Here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... +divinorum

(watch the irony in my next statements!)

I wouldn't trust the advice you get from a forum any more than I'd trust that everyone on a forum is exactly who they say they are.

As for bad trips.. well, yeah, but that's all mood anyway. Doing a hallucinogenic when you're in anything but a good mood is idiocy.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

bumpgrrl wrote:
VTHodge wrote:
Aleril wrote:Image

NEVER! I really hate that style. I'm actually pretty good with the set that we currently use, but would like a few more to be added to the set.
Oh ugh - those larger ones are even worse - personally, I'm a huge google-whore who loves the gmail chat smilies. Ah, the beauty of simplicity. Besides, how can you go wrong with a company that has an animation for +/'\ ? All hail our semi-benevolent techno-dictator.
Hail.
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:28 pm UTC

You just put me in a recursive loop. :(

Also, I think I would trust many of the opinions/people around here. Sure, they could be not very representative or useful, but I assume opinions to be pretty accurately reported.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:35 pm UTC

I like emoticons and not smilies.
:) :(
D: :D
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

NMcCoy

Postby NMcCoy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:54 pm UTC

Confession: "D:" irritates me a great deal due to the standard smiley-parsing orientation being reversed. Unless the smiley is intending to indicate "I'm grinning even though my eyes just fell out". In which case it's fine by me.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:59 pm UTC

Really? I don't mind it (:
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:02 pm UTC

I hate emoticons that you have to turn counter-clockwise to read.
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

Goatboy
may become less boring.

Postby Goatboy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:09 pm UTC

It's taken me a couple of hours, but I did finally catch up on all the confessional thread that I missed over the weekend. At several points I've wanted to say something, but it all seems kind of trivial now and I can't remember what it was anyhow.
On the subject of emoticons, Google Talk plain style faces are way classy, I was really disappointed when we were even given the option of something yellow. \m/ is my favourite. I can't figure out +/'\. Is it ringing a bell? That's all I've got.
I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
And some old pictures.

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:20 pm UTC

Goatboy wrote:...On the subject of emoticons, Google Talk plain style faces are way classy, I was really disappointed when we were even given the option of something yellow. \m/ is my favourite. I can't figure out +/'\. Is it ringing a bell? That's all I've got.
it's more cowbell! :D it makes me smile *every* time i see it!!
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

someguy

Postby someguy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:37 pm UTC

Confession: Being a considerably shy virgin closing in on 30, with few (male) friends left, I'm considering taking up a few extracurricular/after-work activities I'm not actually interested in just to see whether I'm lucky enough to meet some cool people, especially women.

I feel so incredibly slimy (and yes, I do wonder what you people might think about this.)

Ideas so far: English conversation classes (my spoken English is light years behind its written counterpart,) improv theater, ballroom dancing. There's actually some slightly involved reasoning behind the last one, but I won't bore you people with it.
aleflamedyud wrote:Plenty of people have confidence without any base of actual virtue or accomplishment beneath it. We call these people "douchebags".

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 pm UTC

someguy wrote:I feel so incredibly slimy (and yes, I do wonder what you people might think about this.)

I think fucking go for it. There's nothing wrong with doing things just to meet people.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

espire

Postby espire » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 pm UTC

You need to depend on those male friends of yours to find potential partners for you. You'll have much better luck being paired by someone who knows you both compared to randomly trying to meet someone.
DANGER! RAPTORS! IT'S SAFE HERE

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:43 pm UTC

espire wrote:You need to depend on those male friends of yours to find potential partners for you. You'll have much better luck being paired by someone who knows you both compared to randomly trying to meet someone.

But meeting new people is a benefit in itself. If those people are introduced by friends, so be it, but I agree with cypher in that it's in no way slimy to go out and meet people.

No-one needs to get 'paired'. I find the concept kind of disgusting, actually.

NMcCoy

Postby NMcCoy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:47 pm UTC

And I think you'd have an easier time making friends with an activity you are interested in, as then you'd have a common interest to base discussion on.

Admittedly, this is coming from a guy who, while younger and having been in one relationship, is in much the same situation as you socially.

someguy

Postby someguy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:59 pm UTC

espire wrote:You need to depend on those male friends of yours to find potential partners for you. You'll have much better luck being paired by someone who knows you both compared to randomly trying to meet someone.

My friend isn't much better off than I am, I'm afraid. Only marginally.

Also, to clarify: teh secks itself is not my main priority at all--I've learned to live without it as you might imagine. I just can't stand being alone anymore.

[/emo]
aleflamedyud wrote:Plenty of people have confidence without any base of actual virtue or accomplishment beneath it. We call these people "douchebags".

ekzrated

Postby ekzrated » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:03 pm UTC

I'm going to chime in. Seriously, I was miserable when all I could think about was how lonely I was. Then I started going into the mountains regularly, excercised more, started cooking healthy foods, was more organized, and confident.

Suddenly, without really realizing it, I had quite a few girls interested in me. And they are all still great friends.

The point is, the more you focus on how much you want something you don't have, the more you'll feel it's void. Finding a girl won't make that better.
I'M MY OWN CASE-STUDY!!!!!!

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:55 pm UTC

It's taken me a while to get enough crap done that I can feel safe coming back in here. Otherwise, I'd spend all day in here and only sleep for three or four hours tonight to allow time for working on unfinished crap.

mrorange wrote:confession: its my birthday in *checks* approximately half an hour. i really don't care and actually wouldn't have remembered if no one had told me today. its not like an emo dealy, i just really don't notice or get what the big deal with birthday's is... probably why i forget everyone elses... anyway. happy birthday too meee. happy birthday to meee...

Happy Birthday. From your fora joining date and assuming you use the same 365 day (366 this year) calender as the rest of us, I can safely infer that you are at least one year old. Have you developed object permanence yet?

VTHodge wrote:Confession: I have been unfair to raisins.

I'm still not a raisin fan, but this weekend I was really hungry and the only food available was a trail mix of nuts, M&Ms, and raisins. I didn't really feel like picking them out . . . and . . . it was pretty good. I'm still not gonna go out and buy a box for a snack, but I also won't go out of my way to avoid them in otherwise delicious situations.

But still - fuck them for ruining oatmeal cookies.

Hey mister, I like raisins. Actually, I don't like them oatmeal cookies either. I have a similar thing with cherries; I don't care for them alone, but they make good flavoring for everything else.

ekzrated wrote:I'm going to chime in. Seriously, I was miserable when all I could think about was how lonely I was. Then I started going into the mountains regularly, excercised more, started cooking healthy foods, was more organized, and confident.

Suddenly, without really realizing it, I had quite a few girls interested in me. And they are all still great friends.

The point is, the more you focus on how much you want something you don't have, the more you'll feel it's void. Finding a girl won't make that better.

You've got a point. I'm having similar issues, and it's probably because all I'm focused on right now is getting my homework done and how much doing said homework sucks (monkey balls). It probably doesn't help that I can't tell if a girl is flirting with me, or is just trying to steal my drink (non-alcoholic of course :wink: ).

About Smilies: Despite my use of a smiley in that last response, I will say that I'm not a huge fan of them in general. They help with conveying certain meanings for phrases that would otherwise be taken literally (see above smiley), but otherwise I find them annoying.

Finally, confession: I just wasted spent more time in here than I had intended. This crap just won't go away!
多么现在棕色母牛?

NightStar
"Hold very still, Mr President....."

Postby NightStar » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:02 am UTC

Confession: When people post in spoiler tags and I read it, I always feel compelled to close the spoiler box after I've finished reading. You know, as if the next person would find it opened otherwise.
Hawknc wrote:Madness?
THIS IS COLLEGE!
*Kicks a beer keg over a balcony*

Malsies

Postby Malsies » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:11 am UTC

Confession: This is the first job I've had where no one seems to care about lateness or calling in or whatever.

I don't get this. Our assistant manager JUST DIDN'T SHOW UP one day a couple weeks ago...yet no one seemed to mind, and he still has his job.

We have a fairly small staff, yet it's no big thing to call in sick if you just don't feel like working that day. Our manager doesn't care. He doesn't care if we're late, either. He himself was an hour late today.

Yet still, I can't bring myself to call in, even if I really do feel sick. Screw you, conscience!

(For reference, I work at one of the retail outlets for Home Shopping Network.)

NightStar wrote:Confession: When people post in spoiler tags and I read it, I always feel compelled to close the spoiler box after I've finished reading. You know, as if the next person would find it opened otherwise.

I do the same thing.
I slice, I dice, and I fit comfortably into your pocket or glove-box!

(Order in the next ten minutes, and get a second for FREE!)

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:16 am UTC

Confession: I didn't even know HSN had retail outlets.

Malsies

Postby Malsies » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:22 am UTC

TigerX wrote:Confession: I didn't even know HSN had retail outlets.

We have a couple.

The one I work in is exclusively for HSN employees.

The stuff that is used on the air by the hosts and the models comes to my store, and the people who work for HSN get the opportunity to buy it for dirt cheap. Most of it is old lady clothing and gaudy jewelry. Every now and then, though, we get some decent electronics.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:28 am UTC

NightStar wrote:Confession: When people post in spoiler tags and I read it, I always feel compelled to close the spoiler box after I've finished reading. You know, as if the next person would find it opened otherwise.

I've never thought about it, but I do the same thing.

REVELATION!

Confession: I just discovered that the max font size allowed here is 200 (though I decided on 150 to avoid being ridiculous. I don't think it helped).

@ Malsies: The fact that you work at a HSN outlet is probably why no one cares if you show up late (like TigerX, I had no idea HSM had outlets). But seriously, what are some of the things that you do at such a place? Is it anything unique or just the same stuff you'd do at any other retail store?
多么现在棕色母牛?

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:29 am UTC

Cookies: Fuck Oatmeal Cookies and all of their raisin'd brethren. Black and White cookies are where it's at. It's ethnic harmony on a cookie!

Mr. Orange: Happy Birthday.

Cheese: Read This. It is a tiny victory. I want to shake Mr. Rothschild's hand. Most importantly this:
Spoiler:
THE COURT: Counsel, do you have anything further before we adjourn these proceedings? From the plaintiffs?

MR. ROTHSCHILD: No, Your Honor. Thank you.

THE COURT: From the defendants?

MR. GILLEN: Your Honor, I have one question, and that's this: By my reckoning, this is the 40th day since the trial began and tonight will be the 40th night, and I would like to know if you did that on purpose.

THE COURT: Mr. Gillen, that is an interesting coincidence, but it was not by design.

(Laughter and applause.)

With that, I declare the trial portion of this extended case adjourned.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

Malsies

Postby Malsies » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:36 am UTC

NightStar wrote:@ Malsies: The fact that you work at a HSN outlet is probably why no one cares if you show up late (like TigerX, I had no idea HSM had outlets). But seriously, what are some of the things that you do at such a place? Is it anything unique or just the same stuff you'd do at any other retail store?

I spend most of my day processing new merchandise. No big deal. Our store is little more than a warehouse, so there's not a whole lot of effort put into keeping it neat.

The other outlets are nicer, and have a better selection. Their prices are a lot higher, though.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Re: Confessional Thread - 449 - Number of the Divie Pine

Postby Felstaff » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:51 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote:Confession: Felstaff's avatar makes me assume that whatever he posts is incredibly well thought-out and came from a very intelligent man.
SecondTalon wrote:Odd, I always assume he's not only drunk, but that he just woke up.
cypherspace wrote:The fact that he spelt Falstaff incorrectly stops me from having that immediate impression.

Confession i: This has only just come to my attention, after, what, 2 weeks?
Confession ii: I need to perform a more regular egosearch
Confession iv: SecondTalon is unfortunately closest to the truth. Dangerously so.
Confession v: Where the hell did confession 3 go?
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:54 am UTC

Confession: I'm procrastinating, I have to write 1000 words on crime and deviance, by tomorrow at 2pm.
I'm able to do the 1000 in under an hour, but I really would rather have done it before the normal morning, I'm saying this here so I can force myself to start work upon it as I have talked about it.

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:09 am UTC

Confession: I just made a post on the internet claiming there is no free will. I have a little clock on my desk that counts down the minutes until the flames rage out of control.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

Return to “General”