Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new idiot!

Postby bbctol » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:45 am UTC

Confession: So today in Sex Ed we made a continuum of sexual behaviors, then were supposed to privately measure how far we'd gotten. I had already missed the second one on the list (hugging) and probably the first (meaningful eye contact)

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:47 am UTC

bbctol wrote:Confession: So today in Sex Ed we made a continuum of sexual behaviors, then were supposed to privately measure how far we'd gotten. I had already missed the second one on the list (hugging) and probably the first (meaningful eye contact)
I have yet to get to eye contact.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

Zak

Postby Zak » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:51 am UTC

Eye contact is easy though! There isn't even any chance of reprecussions if you just do it to a random person on the street that you find attractive.
*waggles eyebrows*

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:53 am UTC

Z.A.K wrote:Eye contact is easy though! There isn't even any chance of reprecussions if you just do it to a random person on the street that you find attractive.
That's not what's preventing eye contact. Or hugging for that matter.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:27 am UTC

*gazes meaningfully at everyone, especially bbctol*

There, that's settled.

Confession: Despite being socially adept (overpowered Charisma FTW) I am only just recently figuring out how to go about being a good friend.

*eyeroll* It's kind of pathetic to me, really, that I can wield interpersonal diplomacy with terrifying dexterity, but that without a clearly defined objective, I fall apart into nervous mumbling and "should I hug 'em? or is that weird? um... um...". I'm a force of nature when I have a mission, damn it...
I wrote it in a style I fondly refer to as "unabashedly fancy" - i.e., "Fuck Zen minimalism, I'm gonna use all of my favorite words and stack loads of complex syntax n' modifying phrases'n'clauses in this motherfucker, goddamn."

Zak

Postby Zak » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:30 am UTC

But if nothing bad can happen, you can always try!
*waggles eyebrows*

hat_on_a_rat

Postby hat_on_a_rat » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:34 am UTC

Confession: I just betrayed someone yet again... this has to have been the 200th time, but definitely the worst one.

I've hurt his person so much, and yet I love her more than almost anyone.

It's all because I'm an emotionally sadistic bastard who can't help but hurt the people I'm closest to.

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:27 am UTC

Aluminus wrote:
Z.A.K wrote:Eye contact is easy though! There isn't even any chance of reprecussions if you just do it to a random person on the street that you find attractive.
That's not what's preventing eye contact. Or hugging for that matter.

You're an alien whose species lacks eyes.

Confession: Despite being socially adept (overpowered Charisma FTW) I am only just recently figuring out how to go about being a good friend.

*eyeroll* It's kind of pathetic to me, really, that I can wield interpersonal diplomacy with terrifying dexterity, but that without a clearly defined objective, I fall apart into nervous mumbling and "should I hug 'em? or is that weird? um... um...". I'm a force of nature when I have a mission, damn it...

Damnit, I'm the same way. I just don't get hanging around without any purpose in mind.

Like, say, the Beastie Boys? As long as you're rapping about what you know, and feel fairly honest about it there's no problem (unless you're trying to be a joke, but it doesn't seem like you are).

Then off I go to start the "Because You Always Wanted To" thread, where we can all post things that we've always wanted to do or make but would be embarrassed to show others in public.

Well, it's the embarrassment and the living in two areas (home + college) totally devoid of hip-hop clubs where I could attend an open-mic night. When I get down about college I keep thinking about opening one.

Confession: I just converted my mom to Ubuntu Linux. W00t.
Last edited by aleflamedyud on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:28 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

koneko

Postby koneko » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:28 am UTC

ekzrated wrote:Confession: I love more than one girl.

So do I.

Aluminus wrote:
bbctol wrote:Confession: So today in Sex Ed we made a continuum of sexual behaviors, then were supposed to privately measure how far we'd gotten. I had already missed the second one on the list (hugging) and probably the first (meaningful eye contact)
I have yet to get to eye contact.

Actually I have a lot of trouble making eye contact with people I care about, especially when things start to get sexual. I hate that I can't break past that, it has a lot to do with my childhood and all of that nonsense but it's just so frustrating and really very silly. The few times I'm able to force myself to make eye contact I get all deer-in-the-headlights, which is just so attractive...
ImageImage

UnderRock

Postby UnderRock » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:38 am UTC

Confession: I'm emo, selfish, egocentric and I hate myself. And I have every reason to.
Last edited by UnderRock on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:57 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:40 am UTC

@koneko: May I suggest using submission to overcome it? Get them to hold your gaze, until you can get it, eh?

And I suppose I must also throw in that I love multiples too!

I third f_s' social predicament, only for everything.

@hat_on_a_rat: That's wrong?

@UnderRock: Why?
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

koneko

Postby koneko » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:42 am UTC

@UnderRock: I hate you because "my self" should be one word.
ImageImage

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:43 am UTC

Confession: I'm curious as to what exactly a fora-crush is.
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:44 am UTC

UnderRock wrote:Confession: I'm emo, selfish, egocentric and I hate my self. And I have every reason to.

Your definitely not the first person to say that here.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:52 am UTC

@Fat Tony: Someone on the fora that another has a crush on.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

UnderRock

Postby UnderRock » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:56 am UTC

(Note: this isn't anything too big, and I don't actually hate my self, I'm just frustrated with my self... I'm just being emo. You can stop reading now--sorry if I lead you to believe this was serious.)
Pretty much I started arguing with my mom (and it was a heated argument) after she just went out of her way to be really nice to me (she took me to Barnes and Noble and bought me two books and one of those over-priced coffees). I was just pissed from earlier today (bad day at school) and took it out on her. Oh, and the egocentric, emo, and selfish thing aren't completely related to this, but they're true, none-the-less.
@ Koneko: Yea, English isn't my best subject, I'll edit it, but I'm prone to making mistakes like that...

(New Confession: I act smarter than I really am... or at least I lead most of my friends to believe I'm smarter than I really am ...and smarter than them (not on purpose, I try to show them I'm not who they think I am, but they just assume I'm being modest.))

...I'll stop hogging the thread now, I have caffeine, which'll make feel less like ranting/less emo.

Actually, I'm almost certain I've posted about that same confession a few times. (Confession: seeking attention)

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:58 am UTC

Z.A.K wrote:But if nothing bad can happen, you can always try!

No no no, a lack of social skills isn't caused by anything rational, silly.

Convincing myself of a lack of repercussions is often the only way I can convince myself to do anything, but the last time I tried that, turned out their were repercussions, Grey's Anatomy style.

Confession: I just referenced Grey's Anatomy to make a point.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:07 am UTC

UnderRock wrote:(Note: this isn't anything too big, and I don't actually hate my self, I'm just frustrated with my self... I'm just being emo. You can stop reading now--sorry if I lead you to believe this was serious.)
Pretty much I started arguing with my mom (and it was a heated argument) after she just went out of her way to be really nice to me (she took me to Barnes and Noble and bought me two books and one of those over-priced coffees). I was just pissed from earlier today (bad day at school) and took it out on her. Oh, and the egocentric, emo, and selfish thing aren't completely related to this, but they're true, none-the-less.
@ Koneko: Yea, English isn't my best subject, I'll edit it, but I'm prone to making mistakes like that...

(New Confession: I act smarter than I really am... or at least I lead most of my friends to believe I'm smarter than I really am ...and smarter than them (not on purpose, I try to show them I'm not who they think I am, but they just assume I'm being modest.))

...I'll stop hogging the thread now, I have caffeine, which'll make feel less like ranting/less emo.

Actually, I'm almost certain I've posted about that same confession a few times. (Confession: seeking attention)

I was just going to say that a lot of self-proclaimed emos come here. I act emo quite often (when no one is looking). As for acting smarter, I'm much of the same in that area as well. Sort of... I don't put work into anything, so I get good grades by doing the bare minimum. Conversely, I usually act stupider than I really am because its just a hell of a lot more fun.
多么现在棕色母牛?

UnderRock

Postby UnderRock » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:18 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:I was just going to say that a lot of self-proclaimed emos come here. I act emo quite often (when no one is looking). As for acting smarter, I'm much of the same in that area as well. Sort of... I don't put work into anything, so I get good grades by doing the bare minimum. Conversely, I usually act stupider than I really am because its just a hell of a lot more fun.

The thing about acting smarter though, is that I do the opposite: I spend way more time doing h/w than most people, and get good grades because of it. Anyone in my class would get better grades than me if they put the same amount of time into h/w that I normally do (...although I do procrastinate a lot, I usually make up for it). They claim I don't even need to open the book, I'll get an A either way. If I fit their definition of smart, I wouldn't spend so much more time studying than others need (And it's not all because I study the material more thoroughly. I take longer to do just about anything. For example, I stay 10-15 minutes after the bell to finish most tests I take)

(Confession: Now I get the feeling I'm just seeking an ego boost--which I need just as much as that bag of candy I asked my mom for.)
(Confession: I feel really good right now. Getting all that out really made me feel better.)

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:44 am UTC

UnderRock wrote:(Confession: I feel really good right now. Getting all that out really made me feel better.)
That's why I'm here; I can say whatever I feel needs to be said without consequence of, well, anything. Collectively, everyone here makes for a whole mediocre therapist.

Confession: thanks to Squidbillies, every time I say or hear "therapist," I think of "the rapist."
多么现在棕色母牛?

UnderRock

Postby UnderRock » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:55 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:Confession: thanks to Squidbillies, every time I say or hear "therapist," I think of "the rapist."

I've been doing that ever since my English teacher points it out.
Confession: the new thread title made me giggle (and boosts my ego, but everyone's probably sick of me talking about that*).
Confession: I should probably start on my homework now.
*...I just assumed everyone read my posts.

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:56 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:Confession: thanks to Squidbillies, every time I say or hear "therapist," I think of "the rapist."

Same with me, except it's because of Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote:Confession: I'm curious as to what exactly a fora-crush is.

If you've ever read a thread you have no interest in simply because you know a certain individual has posted in that thread and you want to see what they said... bam. Fora-crush.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Zak

Postby Zak » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:56 am UTC

I do believe that ST is speaking from experience :wink:
*waggles eyebrows*

elephantitis

Postby elephantitis » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:12 am UTC

In that case, I have a fora-crush on like five of you.
"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:17 am UTC

Aluminus wrote:
Confession: It makes me sad when people won't dance.
I don't dance. Even when forced to against my will.

Then you make me sad. I just don't get why people won't dance when they are AT A DANCE or some other similar event. You don't have to be good. Nobody is going to laugh at you (much). It's just fun!
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

Zak

Postby Zak » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:20 am UTC

elephantitis wrote:In that case, I have a fora-crush on like five of you.

There are FIVE of me?!
*waggles eyebrows*

koneko

Postby koneko » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:21 am UTC

No, there are OVER NINE THOUSAAANND!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:18 am UTC

Confession: I could love lots of people but I restrain myself to monogamy. Polygamy just blows my mind, I don't know how people can manage it.

Confession: I have many crushes and flirt myself into awkward situations with those crushes that reciprocate eventually leading me to panic and flee home to my wifey prior to my doing anything too stupid.
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

JayDee

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a newt idol!

Postby JayDee » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:30 am UTC

Yay for weekend thread catch up!
parthenos wrote:and jaydee, i didn't even know the slang meaning until you posted that.
Yay! Glad I could provide you with this important knowledge.
Delalyra wrote:Confession: I spent my entire paycheck over the course of three days. I deposited nary a cent, and have resolved to stop, because I really need to start saving money.
Thanks for reminding me to pay the rent before I do the same...
Gharbad wrote:Bah, no matter what the catholics say, today's St Patrick's day.
secular definitions out weigh catholisism.
I am increasingly pleased to see religious holidays become secular. It's holiday hand-me-downs! They were often something else before they were Christian, anyway.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Nimz

Postby Nimz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:56 am UTC

I was amused when I noticed four consecutive holidays: Pi day (3/14), The Ides of March (15/3), Palm Sunday (03/16), and St. Patrick's Day (17/03). The first one is the most meaningful to me.

Spoilered for being wik.
Spoiler:
aleflamedyud wrote:My confession: that I want to be a raptor for fun. I even made up a stage name, chose a neighborhood to represent and wrote some songs.

I'm only held back by being middle-class, educated and Jewish.
Fix'd
espire wrote:
aleflamedyud wrote:I'm only held back by being middle-class, educated and Jewish.

Hey, I fit all of those criteria and they haven't stopped me from being a raptor!

...humanity has, though.
Also fix'd
Goatboy wrote:
aleflamedyud wrote:My confession: that I want to be a raptor for fun. I even made up a stage name, chose a neighborhood to represent and wrote some songs.

I'm only held back by being middle-class, educated and Jewish.
Like, say, the Beastie Boys? As long as you're raptoring about what you know, and feel fairly honest about it there's no problem (unless you're trying to be a joke, but it doesn't seem like you are).
Also also fix'd
LOWA

hat_on_a_rat

Postby hat_on_a_rat » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:18 am UTC

Confession: I'm ashamed at how immature, and teenagerish my earlier post was.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:24 am UTC

bbctol wrote:Confession: I just referenced Grey's Anatomy to make a point.

Ahahahaha, context please. (confession: I love Grey's Anatomy.)
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:37 pm UTC

Confession:
I downloaded VLC for the sole purpose of Watching one episode of Startrek
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:44 pm UTC

DJorgensen wrote:Polygamy just blows my mind, I don't know how people can manage it.

From what I hear? Very carefully.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:57 pm UTC

i like the ides of march best. and i'm definitely using this thread as a therapist. new confession: i'm in love with my best friend. this could apply to both of my best friends. [EDIT]
maybe if this signature is witty enough someone will finally love me.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:17 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
DJorgensen wrote:Polygamy just blows my mind, I don't know how people can manage it.

From what I hear? Very carefully.

Really? From what I hear most people who are polygamous on a mutual basis are fairly laid back and easy going about it.

Similarly "open" marriages which are mutual seem to be the same.

If it's polygamy because of religious belief or societal/cultural structure then it seems to be less stable. But when it's a mutual decision between two (well.. more then that :P) mature people it seems to be pretty easy.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:26 pm UTC

Polygamy... seriously, the envy, the rivalry... *shrudder*
I REALLY couldn't handle that. Basic human emotions, and you create the absolutely worst circumstance for them.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:36 pm UTC

Really? From what I hear most people who are polygamous on a mutual basis are fairly laid back and easy going about it.

Similarly "open" marriages which are mutual seem to be the same.

Being that laid back requires a fair amount of effort, paradoxically. And a lot of communication. A lot of sensitivity to the emotions of everyone involved.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

morag

Postby morag » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:22 pm UTC

Confession 1: I thought KFC chicken meals smelt good, and almost considered what it would be like to eat.

To put this in context, I've been veggie for 18 years or so, and used to feel sick at the smell of meat cooking. It was only because I fetched takeout for someone else that I had the KFC meals in the car, normally I don't go into fast food places.

Confession 2: I was fairly rude to my mother-in-law last week (fortunately I don't see her very often). I am an adult, and should be able to control my behaviour, but I really find it difficult to stay rational around her. I'm trying to figure out how to apologise without speaking to her (it's not about admitting I was wrong, it is about actually speaking to this woman - she just winds me up something chronic).

Confession 3: I get really confused when words in this text box get underlined in red (new computer - haven't figured out the quirks like changing the dictionary yet). I never know if it's an incorrect spelling, or a language problem (American English and English have a lot of differently spelt words).

Confession 4: I am too concerned that someone who knows me might read this to post my original confession. Introverted deviant, if ever there was one.

Return to “General”