Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Aluminus

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new idiot!

Postby Aluminus » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:46 pm UTC

Cheese, if I saw that someone made the last post on page 499, I'd let you make the first post on page 500.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:47 pm UTC

umm, why CAN'T you have beef? also, phantomreality, that fakeness is all that's real. sad but true. not going to make you feel better, sorry. you're right, though.
maybe if this signature is witty enough someone will finally love me.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:59 pm UTC

confession: I hate subfolders on forums. Just a personal dislike.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:00 pm UTC

There's always a critic. (No, literally. If you don't make another forum, people bitch about not having a dedicated forum for the topic. If you do, and you keep it on the main page, people bitch about having to scroll. If you make a subforum, people bitch about subforums. So...uhh...sorry?)
Last edited by Belial on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:02 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:01 pm UTC

@Pirate.Bondage: I've not seen you personally, but I highly doubt what you told yourself.

Re: Disasters: I don't remember where I was or what I was doing during any disasters.

@PhantomReality: Essentially what f_s said, find reality where you want to.

@functionally_stupid: Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver. :wink:

To be more serious, what I was trying to say there is that silence can be some pretty amazing stuff, just as she said, no matter the cost to get it.

@Aluminus: Obviously, she's just that awesome?

Not-really-a-confession: I sent out a whole bunch of PMs, private letters, text messages, to nearly everyone I've ever known. There are many I didn't send to though, because I couldn't, or because I couldn't think of anything to say. . .
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:12 pm UTC

Don't be sorry, I'm just saying I have an irrational dislike. and it really is completely irrational.
(please don't hate me)
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:29 pm UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:
PhantomReality wrote:I hate this place. Everybody is the same. Everybody's personality is smooth on the outside and tumultuous on the inside. The uglyness on the inside fuels alcoholism on the outside. Nineteen year olds rolling around in big ass cars with the brothers in tow. Giggling girls in slutty clothes who actually hate each other but live such false lives that they live together by choice.

I hate this place, it isn't real. It's so fake I don't know what is real anymore. I've got to get out.

And go where?

We don't have an xkcd floating armada yet. Or an xkcd commune. Um. Um! You can... you can run away on the inside! And you can stay in my heart. *nods* I promise it's happy and safe. And you can heal there! And none of the darkness will touch you. Because I am like an umbrella! For the bad things.

:(

Feel better, okay? Have you tried going outside at three in the morning on a warm summer night and just listening to the quiet? That makes me feel better sometimes... It's nice when there's a full moon, because you can see things! But if you decide to walk on the empty roads, you should take some water to drink. (You can hear cars coming from *ages* away!)

*virtual snuggle*

I'm sorry if my saying so is old hat, but you are absolutely wonderful.

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:37 pm UTC

functionally_stupid does seem to be pretty awesome.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:49 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:@Aluminus: Obviously, she's just that awesome?

Cheese == XX? I had it in my head that Cheese was XY.
parthenos wrote:functionally_stupid does seem to be pretty awesome.

Confession: Despite the fact that f_s is basically superior to me in every way that counts on this forum, I'm still irritated that I don't ever get that sort of compliment.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:51 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:
Insignificant Deification wrote:@Aluminus: Obviously, she's just that awesome?

Cheese == XX? I had it in my head that Cheese was XY.

Referring to an earlier post of Aluminus' referring to an earlier post of f_s's, thus backing up your hypothesis that yes, f_s is awesome.

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:52 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:

Confession: Despite the fact that f_s is basically superior to me in every way that counts on this forum, I'm still irritated that I don't ever get that sort of compliment.

because you HATE CATS, that's why.
Last edited by parthenos on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:52 pm UTC

After reading that post "pretty awesome" almost seems an understatement.

Torvaun wrote:Confession: Despite the fact that f_s is basically superior to me in every way that counts on this forum, I'm still irritated that I don't ever get that sort of compliment.

Even though I just joined and I don't think I have read many of your posts, you are my hero.

Confession 1: I have fealt like PhantomReality many times. The pointlessness and shallowness gets a bit overwhelming at times. It is people like functionally_stupid who make it worth the effort.

Confession 2: I will, occasionally, test to see if I have managed to acquire telekinesis or telepathy....
Gojoe wrote:Well, I would say something here, but it would only make it worse.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:55 pm UTC

@Torvaun:
Aluminus wrote:Aw crap, what f_s said was better. How did you do that?

And you just got here. Though you have an awful lot of posts for your time-of-existence :wink:

@nsmjohn: I occasionally acquire 'telepathy paranoia'
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Rogue5_jm

Postby Rogue5_jm » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:55 pm UTC

nsmjohn wrote:Confession 2: I will, occasionally, test to see if I have managed to acquire telekinesis or telepathy....

I will freely admit to doing the Jedi hand wave every time I walk up to an automatic door.

I can dream!

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:56 pm UTC

it is an understatement. she (i think she's a she) is more like nearing the wes anderson levels of awesomeness. this is saying a lot, because i basically consider him to be god.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:00 pm UTC

PhantomReality wrote:I hate this place. Everybody is the same. Everybody's personality is smooth on the outside and tumultuous on the inside. The uglyness on the inside fuels alcoholism on the outside. Nineteen year olds rolling around in big ass cars with the brothers in tow. Giggling girls in slutty clothes who actually hate each other but live such false lives that they live together by choice.

I hate this place, it isn't real. It's so fake I don't know what is real anymore. I've got to get out.

Do you want to come into my world? Just step through the mirror, follow the rabbit, and you'll end where you were, because life is what it is.
Life is all we got. Life is light. See the pure people, love them. Be happy that you can see through the Smoke Of Life. Be free, enjoy music, watch movies. Enjoy your pure friends. Laugh. And just don't look at the people who hide in plastic caves. Don't look at the people who are naked in the dark. For we (that's You, Me, and The Rest Of Us) are the bearers of life. We posses the wisdom of happyness.
I love you with all my heart, and I will pray for you. I will pray untill the world has you. i will pray till you are at peace.

I didn't write that. that wasn't me. It couldn't have been me.
Ptolom wrote:penis

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:01 pm UTC

I couldn't have wished for a better 111th post.
Ptolom wrote:penis

NMcCoy

Postby NMcCoy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:11 pm UTC

Rogue5_jm wrote:
nsmjohn wrote:Confession 2: I will, occasionally, test to see if I have managed to acquire telekinesis or telepathy....

I will freely admit to doing the Jedi hand wave every time I walk up to an automatic door.

I can dream!

Oh good, I'm not the only one who does this. In my sillier moods I will tell whoever I'm with to "Stand back! I'll handle this." as I pause for a moment, close my eyes in deep concentration, then suddenly make a dramatic gesture towards the door. Works best when it's the ones that swivel away from you rather than slide across.

Confession: I have not done this nearly as often as the previous statement implies.

Also, in my dream house all the doors are the ones from Metroid that open when you shoot them. I'd have spare arm-cannons for guests when they visit, but they can't open the missile doors.

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:19 pm UTC

confession: the thing i hate most is when people that are not wes anderson try to make wes anderson movies. trust me, it's a very bad thing. example: margot at the wedding. worst movie i've ever seen. of course, nicole kidman really scares me, but whatever. only he can make movies like his. deal with it, o-those-who-would-try-to-be-him.

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:Confession: Despite the fact that f_s is basically superior to me in every way that counts on this forum, I'm still irritated that I don't ever get that sort of compliment.

You are pretty awesome. 'Specially since you live in the greatest state in the USA.[citation needed]
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:31 pm UTC

NMcCoy wrote:Also, in my dream house all the doors are the ones from Metroid that open when you shoot them. I'd have spare arm-cannons for guests when they visit, but they can't open the missile doors.

Greatest idea ever. Actually I might give my friends missiles, but I'd keep the plasma and freeze cannons to myself.

NMcCoy

Postby NMcCoy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:00 pm UTC

Upsilon wrote:

You are pretty awesome. 'Specially since you live in the greatest state in the USA.[citation needed]

+1 Spiny Point* to you for a perfectly-executed Citation Needed tag. Well done. Image

...holy crap, +5 to Wikipedia for using xkcd as the illustration on the Citation Needed page. ImageImageImageImageImage

*Not valid outside the Milky Way galaxy. For external use only. Do not dispose of in fire.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:49 pm UTC

Yes, everyone. I am a "she". A female. A lady with lady-parts. It's all true.

*confess confess*

Heh. You *people*. With your... not-loathing-my-existence...-ness. I mean, for god's sake, where are the pitchforks and the burning brands? eh? EH???? Damn it! All of this affection is seriously damaging my angst!
I wrote it in a style I fondly refer to as "unabashedly fancy" - i.e., "Fuck Zen minimalism, I'm gonna use all of my favorite words and stack loads of complex syntax n' modifying phrases'n'clauses in this motherfucker, goddamn."

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:52 pm UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:Yes, everyone. I am a "she". A female. A lady with lady-parts. It's all true.

*confess confess*

Heh. You *people*. With your... not-loathing-my-existence...-ness. I mean, for god's sake, where are the pitchforks and the burning brands? eh? EH???? Damn it! All of this affection is seriously damaging my angst!

Erm... Down with this sort of thing?

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:53 pm UTC

yay! it's always better to be un-angsty! WE FORA-PEOPLES LOVE YOU, F_S!

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:54 pm UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:Yes, everyone. I am a "she". A female. A lady with lady-parts. It's all true.

That's why I added that part to my signature, so no one would forget.

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:57 pm UTC

question: what gender is SecondTalon?

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:02 pm UTC

parthenos wrote:question: what gender is SecondTalon?

ST is a dude. See also, the picture thread.

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:07 pm UTC

ok. how do you search individual threads? because i'm NOT going to go sorting through a million pages to find a picture.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:12 pm UTC

XD AUUUUUGH

THE LOVE

IT BUUUUUUUUURRRRRNS MEEEEEEEE -

On a completely unrelated note, hey, Anime Boston is coming up, wooooooo! Anyone else going? ... anyone?
I wrote it in a style I fondly refer to as "unabashedly fancy" - i.e., "Fuck Zen minimalism, I'm gonna use all of my favorite words and stack loads of complex syntax n' modifying phrases'n'clauses in this motherfucker, goddamn."

koneko

Postby koneko » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:16 pm UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:Confession: Last night I cried because I felt like I'd never be pretty enough.

That is SO pathetic of me.

That's nothing. Last night I cried watching Law & Order. Methinks perhaps I should start taking my meds again.
ImageImage

NMcCoy

Postby NMcCoy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:17 pm UTC

The Spherical Cow wrote:

*confess confess*

Erm... Down with this sort of thing?

I'm down with this sort of thing. Yo.

¬_¬ What?

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:20 pm UTC

I was thinking more along the lines of this.

NMcCoy

Postby NMcCoy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

I suspected as much, but I always feel compelled to toy with idiomatic ambiguity when given the chance.

...Yo.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:27 pm UTC

Confession: I've cried on multiple occasions reading about February 3, 1959.
Confession: I periodically will get tears in my eyes just from thinking about hypothetical tragic situations.
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Confession 1: I got a little teary at the end of "Man on Fire".
Confession 2: I got a little teary at the end of "Click" too...
Gojoe wrote:Well, I would say something here, but it would only make it worse.

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:32 pm UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:Heh. You *people*. With your... not-loathing-my-existence...-ness. I mean, for god's sake, where are the pitchforks and the burning brands? eh? EH???? Damn it! All of this affection is seriously damaging my angst!

Assuming you didn't find it creepy or stalkerish I would cuddle you until your angst imploded

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:And you just got here. Though you have an awful lot of posts for your time-of-existence :wink:

There are people with more posts in less time. Carainframes (or whatever her name is now). If I want to lower standards, El Senor Fruit Swing.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

elephantitis

Postby elephantitis » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:35 pm UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:Confession: Last night I cried because I felt like I'd never be pretty enough.

That is SO pathetic of me.

/bigbigbig hug

It's not pathetic, it's very real. I've done the same on multiple occasions - it makes me feel like a five year old idiot, but it's real hurt regardless.
"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:37 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:And you just got here. Though you have an awful lot of posts for your time-of-existence

Uh...
*hides*
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

Return to “General”