Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sour Apple

Re: Confessional Thread - A black hole of emu

Postby Sour Apple » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:47 am UTC

Joe Frambach just drunk-dialed me.
Who I am. [Apparently this isn't obvious: I'm a chick, a bird, a female of your species.]

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:03 am UTC

Was it at least entertaining?

Sour Apple

Postby Sour Apple » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:19 am UTC

Eh. Mildly. When he said things like "If I would visit you, I could," with me going WTF on the other end. And his crying about how he wishes he hadn't gotten me sick on Saturday when we had a sleepover in his car. He's such a little pussy. : D

... sorry, I know these are supposed to be MY confessions, but it amused me.

P.S. NO, NOT THAT KIND OF SLEEPOVER.
Who I am. [Apparently this isn't obvious: I'm a chick, a bird, a female of your species.]

Nimz

Postby Nimz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:52 am UTC

Delalyra wrote:
Daeren Ryft wrote:It takes every fibre of my being to not just defenestrate one of them, and that's not exaggeration.

Fix'd. Defenestration for the win.
better(?) fix'd - I threw in the apostrophe in "that's". Defenestration was the first thing I thought of when I read what Daeren Ryft said. Forumeme and vocabularical expansion (and words made up on the spot, I suppose) fatew!* Actually, the forumeme thing might be more apt than I realised - this thread is a meme among foras (emphatic plural! See also first parenthesis), and "defenestrate" is something I've seen quite alot, mostly in these fora.
*how I'd pronounce ftw as a word as opposed to spelling it out.

I finally got my taxes mailed off yesterday. A day late this year. Better than last year, though, when I was 366 days late (I mailed both off at the same time).

Sour Apple wrote:Joe Frambach ...
That threw me for a loop - I've been parsing his name as Joefram Bach all this time. Also, who'd have thought such a short post could be truncated for a quote. 8)

I turned down an offer from a friend to be paid to do his homework for him. I don't care enough about money to do something unethical like that, though the jury may still be out on other kinds of unethical. I understand he's in a desperate situation, having missed several classes due to root canals. I know I could do the homework for him in very little time, but in the long run it's not very good for him. Telling him that injective means one-to-one and surjective means onto is one thing, but proving something is injective or surjective is another thing.

I can usually tell when someone is about to put a guilt trip on me, and so I can decide whether or not / at what point to concede before the guilt trip comes. I was recently called to see if I would contribute to the alumni fund (donations from alumni to their alma mater). The university I got my B.S. from has served me well, so I wanted to contribute. The only real haggling point was how much. After all, I am still a poor college student. In light of that, I figured $100 would be about right. I ended up going with $150 (because the next lowest choice was $25, which just seems cheap). So the confession? I let that guilt trip sucker me into 50% more than I was willing to do. Damn those discrete levels of payment! :roll:

Woo! Three sets of parentheses, and none of them nested! I hate nested parentheses in my own writing. Except when I'm doing maths. Nesting parentheses is natural in maths. That's all I have to say about that.[/Gump]
LOWA

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 am UTC

Confession: When I die (Which by the way, I'm not too keen on), I actually want people to wear black at the funeral and be a bit sad about it. Because I'm dead! And that's a bit sad!

This just seems so different from everybody else that I haven't told anyone about it. Is there something wrong with me?

Also, I hope I can tell someone some time in the future, otherwise everyone's going to be all sad on the inside but pretending to be celebrating my life at the funeral, because they think it's what I wanted...
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:12 am UTC

Confession: I don't really see the beauty in math. I mean, I know it's an extraordinarily elegant way of describing the world around us. But...

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:15 am UTC

Confession; I've got Hickups , which sucks if you work in a phoneswitch :P
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:15 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:So, I got a little bit less cynical about organized religion the other day. I was setting up a computer network at a church, and as I'm working on the pastor's laptop in his office, I look over at the bookshelf, and see a copy of the Qu'ran. Startled, I do a quick count, and find that less than half of the books sitting on the shelves in this Catholic priest's office have to do with Christianity (based on the titles). There were books on Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, psychology, sociology, and such things as the Book of Mormon, which is specific to a single sect. I didn't see any Dawkins, though.

Choir: ChurchLAN!
Pastor: Hey you! Yes, You! Do you want to play fun, friendly, god-fearing games? Well come on down to the...
Nun: I spend all my free time giving out rosaries on WoW! It makes me feel happy, and warm!
Altar Boy: lulz 1 ju57 pwnt dis gai on Quake! It r tar roxx0rs! Hai! git off m3!!! NOES! *Boy gets dragged off to a more violent religion*

And that, people, is what went through my mind when I read that post.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:43 pm UTC

Hoshi no Kabii wrote:I have (self-diagnosed, but I'll be damned if I don't actually have it) OCD, and I'm too afraid of asking my parents about what I can do about it because it might cause family tension. I'm also afraid of having it cured, because then I would think differently than I do now.

Having no idea how old you are, go get diagnosed. Would you not tell your parents that you broke your damn arm because it might cause tension? No, you'd say you think you broke your arm, and off you'd go to get it fixed up. Same thing with bronchitis, pneumonia, or Ebola.

But ultimately that's not really helpful if you're.. 14 or something. Assuming you're a legal adult.. fuck it, go get checked out.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:20 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:Choir: ChurchLAN!
Pastor: Hey you! Yes, You! Do you want to play fun, friendly, god-fearing games? Well come on down to the...
Nun: I spend all my free time giving out rosaries on WoW! It makes me feel happy, and warm!
Altar Boy: lulz 1 ju57 pwnt dis gai on Quake! It r tar roxx0rs! Hai! git off m3!!! NOES! *Boy gets dragged off to a more violent religion*

Ok, not quite. One server, one workstation, and the pastor's laptop. Still, ChurchLAN would be awesome.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby Toeofdoom » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:59 pm UTC

Fat Tony wrote:
Torvaun wrote:I mean, a guy who wears a watch all the time is one thing, but a guy who is carrying a pair of knives all the time?

Carrying knives with you everywhere is a lot more practical than carrying a watch. Knives can be used in self-defense (or an attack, which I would not general condone, but it's still practicability) or for cutting inanimate objects, whereas what does a watch do? Nothing that the phone in your pocket doesn't. The only difference is that it gives you an ugly tan-line.
I used to wear a watch, but now I have a cell phone. The only time I wear my watch now is when I'm scuba-diving.

I carry a towel in my backpack all the time now. Without it I feel ill prepared for whatever eventualities may arise.

No, really. I'm not joking here.
sleepygamer wrote:
Torvaun wrote:So, I got a little bit less cynical about organized religion the other day. I was setting up a computer network at a church, and as I'm working on the pastor's laptop in his office, I look over at the bookshelf, and see a copy of the Qu'ran. Startled, I do a quick count, and find that less than half of the books sitting on the shelves in this Catholic priest's office have to do with Christianity (based on the titles). There were books on Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, psychology, sociology, and such things as the Book of Mormon, which is specific to a single sect. I didn't see any Dawkins, though.

The last LAN I went to was at a church. I was the best at guitar hero there. :D
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:51 pm UTC

Confession: I'm a little hung over.
And I'm still a whiny little bitch.

Here comes the WAAAAmbulance.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:08 pm UTC

joeframbach wrote:Confession: I'm a little hung over.
And I'm still a whiny little bitch.

Here comes the WAAAAmbulance.

Beep Beep!

Confession: I try to use pictures in all of my posts to increase hillarity.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:12 pm UTC

My boyfriend and I have stayed together every night for the past 7 months, except two nights.
Now I haven't been alone with him for four days.

I feel like such a seflish bitch because honestly I really just want him to spend some time with me and not talk about Dad.
Is that horrible?

EDIT: But to be fair, I've been at their house for four days cleaning and cooking for them, with less than 6 hours of sleep each night. But not because I have to, because I WANT to.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:52 pm UTC

bigglesworth wrote:Confession: When I die (Which by the way, I'm not too keen on), I actually want people to wear black at the funeral and be a bit sad about it. Because I'm dead! And that's a bit sad!

This just seems so different from everybody else that I haven't told anyone about it. Is there something wrong with me?

Also, I hope I can tell someone some time in the future, otherwise everyone's going to be all sad on the inside but pretending to be celebrating my life at the funeral, because they think it's what I wanted...

I will haunt anyone who wears black to my funeral who doesn't normally wear black. What opiated medieval dickweed ever decided that black means sad? All my clothes are black, not because I'm a sad person, but because I like the color black.
Confession: After being in "Back to the 80s", I'm almost tempted to start wearing colors.
Almost.
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:54 pm UTC

Well, I know if there is going to be sad music at my funeral, it's going to be Sigur Ros.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:03 pm UTC

I've actually started mentally creating a playlist for my funeral; I'm gonna write it down some day.
Confession: I just wrote "right it down" and had to correct it.
Confession: I just confessed in the Man Thread.

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:20 pm UTC

I post on a forum where one of the common games to play when bored is to post the first line of a song and each successive post is supposed to be the next line of the song.

I started with "We're no strangers to love".

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:33 pm UTC

...Was linking there really necessary?

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:37 pm UTC

Curiously this link is actually relevant to the post and is not, therefore, a Rickroll.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:54 pm UTC

That's true, but I was asking if people really needed the link to get it.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:04 pm UTC

@ Fat Tony:
1.) I think you might like Rhapsody...
2.) I live in Amsterdam, and I don't think you do. No xkcd'er lives near me :( / :)
Ptolom wrote:penis

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:10 pm UTC

I wouldn't know what song that was unless I were to look it up. One could infer, but I felt like removing all doubts, since I had the link handy and all anyway.

anterovipunen

Postby anterovipunen » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:22 pm UTC

my biggest problem is something that was completely my own fault.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:29 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:@ Fat Tony:

Nah, Limewire (uh...the 112% legal edition) works perfectly for me =D

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:36 pm UTC

Fat Tony wrote:

G2P.org FTW, even though lately the results seem to be lamer...
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:32 pm UTC

ZeroSum wrote:I wouldn't know what song that was unless I were to look it up.

Seriously?

Neris

Postby Neris » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:02 pm UTC

I want people to work black in my funeral and I'm talking nice suits and elaborate dresses like the Zoolander funeral bit haha. Only because I love black though not for mourning or anything. If its the last time people get to see me and say goodbye they better fucking dress up for me!
"My God, man! Do they want tea?"
"No, I think they're after something more than that, sir. I don't know what it is, but they've brought a flag."

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:04 pm UTC

joeframbach wrote:
ZeroSum wrote:I wouldn't know what song that was unless I were to look it up.

Seriously?

From just the first line? Yeah, I'd have no clue.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:17 pm UTC

Fat Tony wrote:

Haha, I seriously laughed out loud on this one.
It's a baaaaaand. A band. An ensemble of musicians... nvm...
Ptolom wrote:penis

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:20 pm UTC

Mo0man wrote:Are you afraid of going to hell? Maybe you should sit on the fence like me and be agnostic?

I am agnostic (at least on facebook, where it counts :P ), but I've been, oh, just thinking more atheist-like lately. Oh, and no, not afraid of hell. Got over that when I was 13. :p

Insignificant Deification wrote:@Delalyra: Why is that?

partly because I still have awful preconceptions about atheists (like the way people have preconceptions about vegans, that they're all "force my XYZ down your throat!" and I don't want to be like that)...that, and...atheism is accepting that there is no big, friendly being looking out for us. It's letting go of the security blanket, you know?

Curiously, I do think I believe in an afterlife. Another security blanket?

I gotta say, pastors (or priests) like that are awesome.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:25 am UTC

I Am Raven wrote:
Fat Tony wrote:

Haha, I seriously laughed out loud on this one.
It's a baaaaaand. A band. An ensemble of musicians... nvm...

Hm, so as far as I know, this is what you know about me:
1. I'm Italian
2. I play guitar (or at least have held a purple one in front of a camera at some point)
3. I know the words to "Never Gonna Give You Up"
Somehow, from these three facts, you can decide that I would like an Italian symphonic power metal band.
I can dig it =D
Edit: Dude, seriously? This is amazing. Check out "Unholy Warcry".

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:07 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote: Dude, seriously? This is amazing. Check out "Unholy Warcry".

Is it me or does that guy sound ALOT like Christopher lee?
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:17 am UTC

@Delalyra: If you want to know more about atheists (and thus know that you and I know nothing :wink: ) feel free to give me a PM. That will clear up your preconceptions.

And, yes, yes it is another security blanket. It's a very nice and fluffy one, but a security blanket all the same. It's your decision to use it.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:27 am UTC

I don't believe in an afterlife, but sometimes I hope that I'm wrong about that.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

antonfire

Postby antonfire » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:46 am UTC

I have fantasies about quantum immortality, sometimes.
Jerry Bona wrote:The Axiom of Choice is obviously true; the Well Ordering Principle is obviously false; and who can tell about Zorn's Lemma?

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:01 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:I don't believe in an afterlife, but sometimes I hope that I'm wrong about that.

I actually don't want an afterlife; I'm perfectly happy with dying and being dead, I just don't want to do it anytime soon.

Hoshi no Kabii

Postby Hoshi no Kabii » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:29 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Having no idea how old you are, go get diagnosed. Would you not tell your parents that you broke your damn arm because it might cause tension? No, you'd say you think you broke your arm, and off you'd go to get it fixed up. Same thing with bronchitis, pneumonia, or Ebola.

But ultimately that's not really helpful if you're.. 14 or something. Assuming you're a legal adult.. fuck it, go get checked out.
See, the problem is I'm not a legal adult. My father's reaction to this is not something I would want. I can tell by his attitude that he is disappointed in me. On rare occasions, he will go completely ballistic and tell me I'm a freak and I need to see a professional. If I actually admitted to this and got it acknowledged by a professional, I'm afraid he might treat me differently. His suspicions would be confirmed.

The reason this is coming up is mainly because I'm changing schools soon, and attending a more selective school. In my current school, minimal effort is needed to be at the top of my class. When I change schools, my OCD will most likely be a hindrance to my academic potential. By how much I am not sure. All I know is I get a poor amount of sleep because of it, I have studying problems, homework problems, problems with showing up on time, and other related issues.

Not only that, but I'm hoping the atmosphere of my new school will be better than that of my current. Right now, I have little to worry about regarding social hindrances, as I don't have much of a social life (which is unrelated to my OCD).

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:33 am UTC

Mo0man wrote:
Fat Tony wrote: Dude, seriously? This is amazing. Check out "Unholy Warcry".

Is it me or does that guy sound ALOT like Christopher lee?

He should sound like Christopher Lee... because he is Christopher Lee.

Confession: Someone stole the homework answers (not me, but I was going to use them :wink: ). Now, why can't anyone find them? Such incompetence...
多么现在棕色母牛?

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:19 am UTC

Confession (well not much of one): I am really very spiritualistic. I am not very religious. I find that I fit best under the description of ignostic though. I don't understand the concept of god as it is utterly intangible and is something that no one can explain or experience.

Second Confession: I've still not heard any word from my GP. My level of anxiety is getting to the point where other people are noticing it and commenting on it even with my trying to control it with relaxation exercises and such. I'm not impressed.
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Return to “General”