Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NRA

Postby pollywog » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:25 am UTC

Confession: I save all the pms i receive, but have forgotten what all of them say. I've still got ones from when I was stalking I_D, but I don't want to open them, because, well, I was a dick back then.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:51 am UTC

@Polywoaj: You, ah, kind of were.

@Quixotess: :| That's not anywhere within the realms of politeness or policy. But, reading the longer post, I can see what you're saying. I guess I'm just not worried about any of that, especially with the prospect of the aforementioned conversation.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:02 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:@Polywoaj: You, ah, kind of were.

Still am, I suppose. Oh well.
i'm fucking magic

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:21 am UTC

@Polywoaj: Actually, it may just be that I hardly see you anymore, but there's improvement, and considerably less dickery, to the point where the label doesn't apply.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:41 am UTC

My Cloak of Invisibility is the only way I can counter the full effects of the Curse of Dickery that was laid upon me at birth.

Anyway, today as I was driving to Murchison (maybe 120km from my house) to get my wallet, which I had left there yesterday, I got this idea that i should keep driving, all the way through to the west Coast. I know Westport, I have plenty of money for petrol, accomodation, food, pretty much anything i need. I would love to go, even if it was just to sit on the beach and smoke, then rock into town for a movie or the pub. I could sit in my car and read all day, go hiking in a national park, go to museums, wildlife attractions, scenic walks, shopping, anything. It's one of my favourite towns in NZ, and from there on I could go south or north, come back home or adventure more. I seriously considered this for about an hour (a truck slipped off the road, and i was stuck in a line behind it for maybe 30 mins), before telling myself that I shouldn't.

The confession: Even when i really want to do something that is awesome and totally feasible, that would increase my overall happiness for a time, I won't do it. I could have gone easily. The only things i needed to do in the next few days is get my hair dyed, and that was an appointment I could have easily put off. There was no reason not to go. I just didn't go. This happens all the time, and i would say that it is my greatest flaw. It's sort of like a fear of doing things, and all it ever gets me is boredom and frustration. It's not even really a fear, more just a total lack of motivation to do anything. Fuck it. You would not believe how angry I am getting at myself for this.

And even now, when I'm raging, and swearing that I'm going to change myself, I know that I won't. I won't change, because i'm too scared of not being scared.
i'm fucking magic

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:58 am UTC

I get this too.

I find that it's like getting mad at yourself for not being able to fall asleep. It just makes things worse. And when you turn your mind to other things, and just relax rather than riding on your thought-train of self-hate, you end up drifting off.

Even with this realization, though, I tend to go on the hate train fairly often. Yeah, it sucks. *hugs* Don't hate yourself; you're a pretty cool frood.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:14 am UTC

Confession: Later in the morning (it having just turned 9AM) like this, I find it very frustrating, as I'm never actually talking to anyone. . . it's a confession because I'm a terrible conversationalist who's addicted to conversation.

@Quixotess & Polywoaj: [Drunken Demeanor]You guys~ are my bestest friends, you kno~w that, right?[/DD]

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:26 am UTC

Sweet! I expect Christmas presents.

*this is what friendship means to Quixotess*

*kidding*

*presents would be awesome though*

*asterisks*

Material Goods Confession: I have stolen from my work. It was an accident, sort of. I went all around getting my bagel and cream cheese and yogurt and juice, and just kind of forgot to pay. Every day blends into another day, you know, so it's hard to remember--did I just go to the register? Did I punch out? Who was my last customer? (Actually, now that I think about it, I didn't remember to punch out today. Oops.)

Anyway, I realized it halfway through my lunch, and the thing is that I probably could have gone through the register and paid, but I just...didn't. I very much begrudge any standing that I have to do during my lunch break.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:48 am UTC

@Quixotess:

I could, ah, write something for you, but that's about it.

Also, zoning out is perfectly acceptable. . . deliberately refusing to correct a mistake is not so hot.

joff

Postby joff » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:54 am UTC

pollywog wrote:Anyway, today as I was driving to Murchison (maybe 120km from my house) to get my wallet, which I had left there yesterday, I got this idea that i should keep driving, all the way through to the west Coast. I know Westport, I have plenty of money for petrol, accomodation, food, pretty much anything i need. I would love to go, even if it was just to sit on the beach and smoke, then rock into town for a movie or the pub. I could sit in my car and read all day, go hiking in a national park, go to museums, wildlife attractions, scenic walks, shopping, anything. It's one of my favourite towns in NZ, and from there on I could go south or north, come back home or adventure more. I seriously considered this for about an hour (a truck slipped off the road, and i was stuck in a line behind it for maybe 30 mins), before telling myself that I shouldn't.

I was once driving around with no particular reason with my best friend, we somehow end up in Amberly.. then she says "hey, wanna go to Kaikoura for fish and chips?" So I say, "sure why the hell not?". Once we get there she says "so what now?" and I say "why don't we just keep going?"

Cut to several hours later and we have to find some random motorcamp in Nelson that we can stay at over night, that provides sheets and stuff because we don't have anything except the clothes we were wearing earlier that afternoon. Ended up having one of the most awesome weekends ever

Confession: It's really worrying me that her boyfriend is trying to keep her at home like some kind of domesticated housewife, and she's going along with it because she's totally in love with him.
I really miss my best friend
mostly_true_comics wrote:...we're forgetting about the geopolitical ramifications of such an incursion. If you think the Morloks, Molemen, and Lord Kinbote are going to sit still while you tunnel through their territory, think again.

28/♂/hetero/NZ

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:01 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Also, zoning out is perfectly acceptable. . . deliberately refusing to correct a mistake is not so hot.

Yeah, I know. Not my proudest moment. That's why it's confessional thread, I guess. I have sinned. May I be able to do enough kindnesses in my life to absolve myself.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:17 am UTC

@Quixotess: It's not some cosmic balance sheet. . .

Don't have to stay in the black, or anything. . .

Which brings me to a mini-rant that's bothered me for some time, and I shall post it forthwith in the Rant Thread. . . as soon as I'm finished reading the Rant Thread.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:41 am UTC

Confession: I thought about people, on these fora. While I was on a Spanish mountaintop. On my own. Climbed there through thorny bushes and past steep slopes (no really). And when I reached the top, and saw the sun, and could see a beautiful blue lake, and felt the breathing nature and the living rocks around me. But as I stood there, the names and avatars of certain fora-users shot through my head: SecondTalon, Fossa, VTHodge, Felltir, Belial, Socal Swimmer, Aleril, sleepygamer, michaelandjimi, benjhuey, Ian Ex Machina, TheMightyThesaurus, eternal luna and Insignificant Deification. (Yes, you are being left out again. :D )
So, the confession would be that I miss people that I barely know... Or maybe I miss the fora, formed by the people I barely know.

LIST TIME!
(Don't bother clicking spoiler if you're not interested in me, or if you're not bored.)

Spoiler:
-Rescued my brother from murderous stray dogs.
-Discovered I can do parcours if I want to.
-Talked with my dad about his girlfriend.
-Got seriously fed up with my dad's girlfriend. She isn't attractive, she's not smart, she's not funny, she keeps on whining about Inner Self stuff, spinning emptiness, enlightement. I wanted to shoot her badly at one point.
-Felt whole with the world.
-Saw giant ants,
-Smashed giant ants.
-Discovered I'm actually quite good at baseball.
-Did general things like shopping, cooking, hiking, listening to music, reading a good book -mental note: Got to post on the "What's your favourite book?"-topic- and drawing.
-Drew more then I've done in my whole lifetime.

- :mrgreen:
Yay for happiness!

Kthxbai
Last edited by I Am Raven on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:08 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Ptolom wrote:penis

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:55 am UTC

Confession: The one thing I digested from the above post was that Raven spelt my username properly, without mentioning defecation. :| Incidentally, that's why I want to change to Insignificant Deifaction.

SoapyHobo
Soap. It's, uhh, not actually that good

Postby SoapyHobo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:07 am UTC

He did spell Socal Swimmer's name wrong though. And he must have missed me out accidentally :P
Jack Saladin wrote:Goddamn that's an awesome ****, Soapy. Once they get around to making artificial **** and I replace my crappy original ones, I'm gonna make mine look like that.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:07 pm UTC

Nah, you're obviously the one he left out again.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:20 pm UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:Nah, you're obviously the one he left out again.

He's not the only one.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:25 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:
michaelandjimi wrote:Nah, you're obviously the one he left out again.
He's not the only one.
Yeah, Felstaff's not on there either.*

SoapyHobo wrote:He did spell Socal Swimmer's name wrong though.
Holy crap! I've been thinking he's Social Swimmer for ages!

Confession: I always have to fiddle around with the spacing between imbedded quotes, because it looks better with a space in between a quote and what you are actually say, but horrible if there is a space between imbeedded quotes

*I, of course, value your input and think you should have been on there. It was a mean joke. Please stop your hate and your judging eyes.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:55 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:But as I stood there, the names and avatars of certain fora-users shot through my head: SecondTalon, Fossa, VTHodge, Felltir, Belial, Social Swimmer, Aleril, sleepygamer, michaelandjimi, benjhuey, Ian Ex Machina, TheMightyThesaurus, eternal luna and Insignificant Deification.

Hahah! I have helped to ruin your transcendant nature experience! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

somebody (hopefully)

Postby somebody (hopefully) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:14 pm UTC

@PMs: I love getting them. Love it to death. It makes me feel all special :mrgreen:

Deep Dark Secret: I identify with Amory Blaine.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:24 pm UTC

Confession: I do things just to make people happy.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:59 pm UTC

There's no hat in Belial's avatar.
The girl doesn't seem too concerned.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:43 pm UTC

Obviously I don't know how Social Swimmer should be spelled, other then Social Swimmer.

And indeed, I left people out, but that's the truth: the people in that list have some sort of emotional connection to me... the others don't I suppose...
Ptolom wrote:penis

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:54 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:Obviously I don't know how Social Swimmer should be spelled, other then Social Swimmer.

And indeed, I left people out, but that's the truth: the people in that list have some sort of emotional connection to me... the others don't I suppose...

Socal Swimmer. As in, a Swimmer from Southern California.

Because Southern California, or even South California is too hard to spell for most of them. HA HA!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Daeren Ryft

Postby Daeren Ryft » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:14 pm UTC

I 'fessed to my Friend Zone friend. My brain was trying to throttle me the whole time. She doesnt feel the same way, mostly because she just doesnt have all those drives and feelings quite yet (Shes my age; she readily admits shes a bit of a freak), but is honored I feel so strongly about her, and if she ever starts having feelings like that, she knows where to go first. So we're even closer friends now, I guess.
SecondTalon wrote:Did I mention that Robert Frost drives a rocket-car that's powered by constantly firing shotguns in my world?

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:17 pm UTC

Daeren Ryft wrote:I 'fessed to my Friend Zone friend. My brain was trying to throttle me the whole time. She doesnt feel the same way, mostly because she just doesnt have all those drives and feelings quite yet (Shes my age; she readily admits shes a bit of a freak), but is honored I feel so strongly about her, and if she ever starts having feelings like that, she knows where to go first. So we're even closer friends now, I guess.

And how old are you?
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:19 pm UTC

Confession: This is the first time I've seen Belial and his new avatar.

I love Old Lace, and I love runaways. Awesome comic.

<3 Deinonychus.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:03 pm UTC

Confession: I was watching the Firefly episode "Bushwacked" last night, and the Reaver/Serial Killer guy really scared me.
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

Daeren Ryft

Postby Daeren Ryft » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:14 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:
Daeren Ryft wrote:I 'fessed to my Friend Zone friend. My brain was trying to throttle me the whole time. She doesnt feel the same way, mostly because she just doesnt have all those drives and feelings quite yet (Shes my age; she readily admits shes a bit of a freak), but is honored I feel so strongly about her, and if she ever starts having feelings like that, she knows where to go first. So we're even closer friends now, I guess.

And how old are you?

SecondTalon wrote:Did I mention that Robert Frost drives a rocket-car that's powered by constantly firing shotguns in my world?

Aceo

Postby Aceo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:18 pm UTC

Confession: Whenever I meet someone new, there will be a general level of dislike. It's just who I am, some would say that this is mean, but since it's how I think of everyone. They all start on a level playing field of dislike. This does kinda make it a slight chore to meet new people, but oh well, those that I befriend and my current friend group are very good because of it.
GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Confession: I really hate waking up past 10:00 but I do it almost every day.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Numzane

Postby Numzane » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:44 pm UTC

Delalyra wrote:Confession: whenever I get a PM, I'm afraid it's gonna be someone angry at me.
Aw, I love PMs. Talking to random strangers! Wheee! That sort of thing should happen more irl.

Re: Belial's new avatar: I will always think of him in rage mode now. The top hat used to make him seem classy. Also the nose ring looks more like nose fangs.
*Often edits posts as soon as they're posted*

James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:54 pm UTC

Indeed. This change has made me realize that when I read a post, I mentally superimpose an image of the poster's avatar over the message as I do so. Now his posts seem quite angrier than they were before.

Confession: Whenever I see someone IRL, if I have an immediate reaction of "not attractive," I try to look at them in other ways until I can see how cute/pretty they really are. Yesterday I wasn't able to do it with someone. Looks like I still have some prejudices I need to work on.

Belial

Postby Belial » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:01 pm UTC

What's funny is that I believe old lace is smiling in that picture, not angry at all, since she's mostly just being hugged by her human. For reference, the full pic:
Runaways001.jpg
Runaways001.jpg (12.81 KiB) Viewed 1719 times

They/them

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:04 pm UTC

How do we know Belial isn't a bull?
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:10 pm UTC

It's the teeth, Belial.

Daeren Ryft

Postby Daeren Ryft » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:22 pm UTC

Hey Belial! Where you been anyways?

Also: We can't make any more hat jokes. Damnit.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:23 pm UTC

You could make jokes about my hat.

Belial

Postby Belial » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:29 pm UTC

Daeren Ryft wrote:Hey Belial! Where you been anyways?

I've been around. Just not posting as much as I once did.

They/them

scowdich
The Hedgehog

Postby scowdich » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:38 pm UTC

Confession: I just saw Daeren Ryft's avatar for the first time. Angry lute-playing dude was playing in exact tempo with the Rush album I'm digitizing right now.

Confession 2: I'm a huge nerd, because I recognized Belial's new avatar as Old Lace pretty much immediately.

Return to “General”