Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

H.E.L.e.N.
Cheesy-tuna-bacon-pickle?

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NRA

Postby H.E.L.e.N. » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:23 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:
clintonius wrote:Fuck the NYC job market right now, and curses on my refusal to stay in my previous job.

NYC is in New Jersey?

I'm not so hot on American Geography, but...

A decent chunk of New Jersey is made up of people who live in New Jersey but work in New York City. And New York City is where all the cool kids want to go. Do things make sense now?
Last edited by H.E.L.e.N. on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:27 pm UTC

I suppose I should have spoiler'd the answer for those interested.

Kansas City is located...
Spoiler:
in Missouri. Granted, it borders Kansas, and part of it has, more or less, spilled over into Kansas and also goes by the name of Kansas City... so there's a Kansas City, MO and a Kansas City, KS.. but trying to pass that off as Kansas City is a bit like me trying to pass off this as the City of Fashion. Or trying to claim that Evanston, IL is it's own city by it's own merits and has nothing to do with the fact that everyone else in the world would just call it Chicago.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:41 pm UTC

About Kansas City:
Spoiler:
The Missouri side is the better side anyway.

Confession: I have no idea what day it is most of the time. Today is... Tuesday?
多么现在棕色母牛?

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Postby Dobblesworth » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:27 pm UTC

Confession: I clearly phail at US geography then for not knowing the intricacies of Kansas City. Not surprising.
Though I could have sworn there's one state capital out there in one of the 50 that goes by the name of <State> City, <State>. And now someone from across the pond will jump at the opportunity to 'enlighten' me. Thanks in advance.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:29 pm UTC

You seek Oklahoma
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:29 pm UTC

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

EDIT: Ninjas all up ins.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:29 pm UTC

Oh yeah. Still got it.

They/them

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:30 pm UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:Confession: I clearly phail at US geography then for not knowing the intricacies of Kansas City. Not surprising.
Though I could have sworn there's one state capital out there in one of the 50 that goes by the name of <State> City, <State>. And now someone from across the pond will jump at the opportunity to 'enlighten' me. Thanks in advance.

Oklahoma.
Ok, I got ninja'd, had someone reply to the ninja, and had the original ninja gloat before my post. What the fuck, don't you people have anything better to do?
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:36 pm UTC

::looks at his work queue::

Nope.

They/them

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:38 pm UTC

Work in three hours, but until then, you're stuck with me.
多么现在棕色母牛?

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:48 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:New Jersey and New York border each other. On the New York side, one of the points is New York City. Jersey side is.. Newark or something.

helen wrote:A decent chunk of New Jersey is made up of people who live in New Jersey but work in New York City. And New York City is where all the cool kids want to go. Do things make sense now?

These. And yes, I'm in Newark. God it's awful -- but the rent is less than half what it would be in the City for a place less than half this size, so I deal.
kira wrote:*piles up some limbs and blood and a couple hearts for good measure*
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.
*...pokes at it with a stick*

scowdich
The Hedgehog

Postby scowdich » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:59 pm UTC

Confession: I'm working right now. How, you might ask? Digitizing classic vinyl at 5 dollars an album. I wouldn't be doing anything anyway, and this way I get to listen to Bruce Springsteen (among other awesome old music).

hideki101

Postby hideki101 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:14 pm UTC

Confession: I am addicted to calculator games. I mean those ones on a TI-84 or something that you can play during a lecture.
Albert Einistein wrote:"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

somebody (hopefully)

Postby somebody (hopefully) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:58 pm UTC

Confession: I didn't ask for sunshine, but I got World War 3.

Real confession: It's not that hard, but I will be your fangirl if you get that reference without any help from anything or anyone and just know it from memory.
Last edited by somebody (hopefully) on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:15 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:06 pm UTC

somebody (hopefully) wrote:Confession: I didn't ask for sunshine, but I got World War 3.Real confession: It's not that hard, but I will be your fangirl if you get that reference without any help from anything or anyone and just know it from memory. BUT YOU HAVE TO FIND THIS TEXT FIRST. HAH.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

somebody (hopefully)

Postby somebody (hopefully) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:43 pm UTC

Is deleted.
Last edited by somebody (hopefully) on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:09 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:59 pm UTC

Confession: I'm a jerk when it comes to rules sometimes.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:01 am UTC

somebody (hopefully) wrote:Stuff that I hope gets deleted.

Knock it off. I will probably be just peachy. And it is not your fucking fault. Nor is it anyone's, except possibly mine. Now, would you please do me a favor and delete that? There will be plenty of time to air things out later if we need to, and as I said a long time ago on this thread, I will not abide being coddled.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

somebody (hopefully)

Postby somebody (hopefully) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:10 am UTC

*sticks tongue out*

Knocking it off.

Confession: I'm leaving the fora. My mother does not approve of me frequenting this, with its population of screwups. She thinks you're a 72-year-old man looking for my personal information, apparently.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:22 am UTC

Me? Like hell I am. I don't want your personal information, and I'm not giving you mine. Sorry that my screw up is cutting off your supply of other, less-damaged forumites.

Lumpy
I can has morbid obesity?

Postby Lumpy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:04 am UTC

I found out that in the U.S., edge on photos of 2D works like paintings and coins retain the copyright status of the subject, thanks to an old court case. The one from this year that said the creator of a wireframe model of a trademarked or copyrighted work doesn't have ownership also said a photo of said object has intellectual ownership by the photographer because of lighting, posing, and other crap.

All this time I thought I had been violating copyright and breakin' the laws by mooching off pictures on eBay for textures to use in 3D modeling, but I guess all those coin photos were really in the public domain in the first place. Under the second court ruling, I could even alter the lighting and coloration in GIMP for double assurance.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:16 am UTC

I missed some drama apparently.

Confession: I don't really want to know.
多么现在棕色母牛?

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:24 am UTC

First amendment to my confession: I got a job offer today! Perhaps that belongs more in the smug thread, but I figured I'd update the status of my confession first.
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:40 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:I missed some drama apparently.

Confession: I don't really want to know.

I didn't miss it, and I can tell you something: You are wise beyond your years.*

Confession: I am addicted to the internet. (Surely not!)

Confession: I have weird posters in my room. Not boys or bands. I have:
A LotR: t2T poster (the most normal one),
a handprint and autograph of a Japanese sumo wrestler,
a flier for my school's production of Urinetown,
a map of the 2004 Japan World Expo,
two posters with kitties,
a painting of the street along the river Seine,
a sort of fairy (reminiscent of Sandman's interpretation of same) in a field at night lit up by flowers,
dolphins wearing sunglasses, and
a print of that famous scribble of Don Quixote.
Spoiler:
Image This one.

*Note that this is not a comment on your age, which I don't even know. It just sounds good. Or I think it does.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:49 am UTC

[quote="benjhuey"
Confession: I have no idea what day it is most of the time. Today is... Tuesday?[/quote]

Man I am the same way whenever i have any chunk of time off....
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:54 am UTC

I used to have posters covering every inch of my bedroom walls, because I didn't like the colour. Maps, album covers, bands, National Geographic ones, all sorts. But when i cleaned my room out I took them all down. Now I'm printing off poems and songs to put up. So far I have The Raven by Poe, one of my favourite poems, Ithaka by Cavafy, probably my favourite, a poem by Ren, which I very much like, Achilles Last Stand by Led Zeppelin, my favourite song, or close to it, and Pink Floyd's The Wall (14 pages!), as well as the Back Catalogue poster, a pop art one of Jimi Hendrix and a world map with pins and thread on it.

When i had my old posters up, the one one above my bed was of New Zealand garden spiders, and i didn't want to take it down because i was scared that real spiders would fall out of the ceiling.

Real confession: I felt so super shit today, really depressed, but i didn't tell my parents because if i did they wouldn't let me go out drinking tomorrow. All afternoon i really really wanted to talk to someone about it, but I kept thinking about getting drunk, and it made it easier. Don't tell mum and dad today, so i can tell Abby and Mary tomorrow. Good plan, druggie.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:08 am UTC

pollywog wrote:I used to have posters covering every inch of my bedroom walls, because I didn't like the colour. Maps, album covers, bands, National Geographic ones, all sorts. But when i cleaned my room out I took them all down. Now I'm printing off poems and songs to put up. So far I have The Raven by Poe, one of my favourite poems, Ithaka by Cavafy, probably my favourite, a poem by Ren, which I very much like, Achilles Last Stand by Led Zeppelin, my favourite song, or close to it, and Pink Floyd's The Wall (14 pages!), as well as the Back Catalogue poster, a pop art one of Jimi Hendrix and a world map with pins and thread on it.

When i had my old posters up, the one one above my bed was of New Zealand garden spiders, and i didn't want to take it down because i was scared that real spiders would fall out of the ceiling.

Real confession: I felt so super shit today, really depressed, but i didn't tell my parents because if i did they wouldn't let me go out drinking tomorrow. All afternoon i really really wanted to talk to someone about it, but I kept thinking about getting drunk, and it made it easier. Don't tell mum and dad today, so i can tell Abby and Mary tomorrow. Good plan, druggie.

I was the same way when i was at home. My parents never knew how i was feeling, because i didn't want them to keep me from going out. If you are feeling depressed you just need to find someone to talk to. Or hell, post on here. If you want to, do it anonymously(wow that word took a few tries to spell right...). If you can not talk to your parents, that does not mean you can't talk to anyone else. Best thing i ever did was to figure out i could talk to my good friend. I always "knew" i could, but never took her up on it... Once i did, it changed my life.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:06 am UTC

Confession: I continually mistake Gojoe for Soapy Hobo, because Soapy Hobo used to use that avatar. This cognitive dissonance is worsened by the fact that Gojoe and Soapy Hobo sound nothing alike. Thing is, it's like Long Lost Soapy Hobo in my head.

Also. . . I have reason to suspect Torvaun may be dead. It's only been about half a day, though. . .
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:32 am UTC

I have confused too many people.... I have changed my avatar to claim my own identity....

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:56 am UTC

Gojoe wrote:I have confused too many people.... I have changed my avatar to claim my own identity....

Is it wrong of me for hating you because of your avatar? Or is it love, twisted and turned, and puked out of Hell's mouth itself?
Ptolom wrote:penis

SoapyHobo
Soap. It's, uhh, not actually that good

Postby SoapyHobo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:09 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Confession: I continually mistake Gojoe for Soapy Hobo, because Soapy Hobo used to use that avatar. This cognitive dissonance is worsened by the fact that Gojoe and Soapy Hobo sound nothing alike. Thing is, it's like Long Lost Soapy Hobo in my head.

Yeah, he confused me too. I was wondering when the hell I'd posted in several threads before I realised I wasn't using that avatar right now. I then promptly PM'd Gojoe and told him off :lol: Everything turned out well in the end though, thanks to some quick photoshopping of hard-to-read cardboard signs.
Jack Saladin wrote:Goddamn that's an awesome ****, Soapy. Once they get around to making artificial **** and I replace my crappy original ones, I'm gonna make mine look like that.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:11 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:
Gojoe wrote:I have confused too many people.... I have changed my avatar to claim my own identity....

Is it wrong of me for hating you because of your avatar? Or is it love, twisted and turned, and puked out of Hell's mouth itself?

I'm sorry, that is incorrect. You must state your answer in the form of a confession.

Now on to Double Jeopardy. . .
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:16 pm UTC

It is ok i judge people based on their avatar... I thought pollywog was like 13 because of his avatar....

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:20 pm UTC

My Dad sort of hates me now. We had a giant fight about my future.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:24 pm UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:My Dad sort of hates me now. We had a giant fight about my future.

bigged for emphasis... just do what makes -you- happy. Hopefully your parents will come to realise that it's more important for you to do what makes you happy, than to do what they would like you to.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:26 pm UTC

Agreed! I had to convince both my parents that what I am doing makes me happy etc. but once i did,they now defend me to my grandparents... Even parents listen to reason occasionally.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:26 pm UTC

1-0

("Confession: 1-0" if you must...)
Ptolom wrote:penis

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:28 pm UTC

Also, older people are always saying get a hobby. They do not realize that a computer is a hobby. If you spent as much time on the computer, doing something else.... like a sport, or making models or something they would not see it as a waste of time. But because it is not what they deem as a hobby, it is a waste of time...

joff

Postby joff » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:53 pm UTC

Confession: Listening to "You, Me and the Sea" by The Gin Club starts the waterworks, every single time. I should stop listening to it but I can't.
mostly_true_comics wrote:...we're forgetting about the geopolitical ramifications of such an incursion. If you think the Morloks, Molemen, and Lord Kinbote are going to sit still while you tunnel through their territory, think again.

28/♂/hetero/NZ

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Postby Dobblesworth » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:42 pm UTC

Confession: I am now seriously annoyed my parents are back from their trip to Canadia [sic]. The peace and tranquillity I had for two weeks with them 5000 miles away has all evaporated now. While I appreciated the ice hockey jersey purchase, I did not appreciate getting suddenly bombarded by nagging comments about my outward appearance.

Return to “General”