Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Mo0man

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NRA

Postby Mo0man » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:54 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Anyway, the object in her mouth is *not* a grape, nor a ballgag.

Oh good. I thought I had a tragic misapprehension of the way ballgags worked
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:55 am UTC

Meh. You probably do anyway.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:57 am UTC

Ballgags: They're, ah, not actually that good.

I'd attach a confession to this, but then I'd have to move it to the LSR Confessional.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:01 am UTC

souldelay wrote:you make yourself sound ancient.

This is the internet. Time travels much quicker here (i.e. those four new pages in F/RT that you helped create while I was away).
Insignificant Deification wrote:Anyway, the object in her mouth is *not* a grape, nor a ballgag. It seems a simple plastic ball. I can't give you the fullsize picture as it is so very Newly Shorn Furless Weasels.

I do remember you mentioning it being very "Newly Shorn Furless Weasels". Maybe that's why I thought it was a ball gag. Either way, I've learned it for a thrid time; now hopefully it sticks.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:02 am UTC

@Insig: And then I'd have to read the LSR confessional thread, which I have been assuming is a distasteful cesspit of relationship angst and TMI.

Confession: I am irritable.

souldelay

Postby souldelay » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:07 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:
souldelay wrote:you make yourself sound ancient.

This is the internet. Time travels much quicker here (i.e. those four new pages in F/RT that you helped create while I was away).

Hehe it was in good fun :D
want a scarf/hat?

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:57 am UTC

Confession: I still don't understand the difference between mass and weight. I realize that weight is different on different planets and mass isn't, but that doesn't explain anything to me.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:00 am UTC

Mass: total number of atoms, or components for atomic mass.

Weight: The displacement or force carried by the object when it is affected by gravity.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:28 am UTC

But...aren't some atoms heavier than others? And so why are mass and volume the same on earth?

UnderRock

Postby UnderRock » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:36 am UTC

(Note: I'm pretty sure I understand this, but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)
The way I understand it, mass is a measure of how much "stuff" is in something. If you were to take a given mass to a different planet, there'd still be the same amount of matter (stuff), but it might weigh a different amount because the gravity may not be pulling it down as hard or may be pulling it down harder. Volume measures how much space the matter takes up.
Edit: Confession (that this post made me realize): The more others around me know about a given topic, the less confident I am about it, thereby minimizing the chance that someone will say I'm wrong. (When around people who may know less of a given topic, I may still be wrong about it, but no one would call me on it.) This is a disturbing way to boost my confidence. Damn ego!

LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:06 am UTC

Quixotess wrote:But...aren't some atoms heavier than others? And so why are mass and volume the same on earth?

Yes, and so some atoms have a larger amount of mass. Mass and volume are not the same on earth, except in things that have a density of 1, such as water. Mass and weight are used interchangeably on Earth because it's convenient for most everyone on Earth.

Weight is a function of gravity between two objects. Because the largest object around by far is Earth, one really only needs concern oneself with the gravity of Earth.
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:57 am UTC

Spoiler:
I don't know if I can do this for any longer. I want to, I know if I can manage to stick it out, just for another year, I'll be able to move forward in bounds and leaps. But I'm seriously doubting that my sense of self can make it through that much more- already, I just don't want to be around people. At school, I just want to curl up and cry _all the time_, and I spend a significant portion of breaks lying on a bench and not speaking to anyone. This is perpetually interrupted by people approaching to ask if I'm alright, then standing around and talking when I smile falsely and claim to just be tired. I've taken to sitting in a classroom at lunch with a book and a cup of tea, just to escape.

I hate her. When I'm not paying attention, I find myself plotting various ways to kill her. The whole thing is inescapable- when she starts grating at me, she won't let me escape, and will just continue with it, changing to ridiculing once I can't hold the tears back anymore. This is all too much, and I can't tell anyone- the one person who can comfort me isn't accessible and can't deal with it, and, by telling him, I'm ruining the one relationship that I feel free enough within to discuss it. It may be past repair already.

Confession: I can't do this. I am so sorry.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:02 pm UTC

Spoiler:
eternal luna - I'm always here for you, ok? I know this stuff is hard. Just remember, you don't have very long and you can move out and away from all of this. I trust and know that your sense of self can make it through this, you are a special and fantastic person. Don't ever forget that, no matter how low you feel. Don't give up hope.

*The biggest and best hug I have ever given you*

I don't have to sign off here, you know what I would say.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:59 pm UTC

Spoiler:
*big hugs for Luna*

Confession: all of souldelay's one-line IM-like posts were/are really annoying me.

Confession: I suspect this post makes me a bitch.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Irrefutable

Postby Irrefutable » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:02 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Again i feel uncomfortable giving any advice as i know so little about the world but we are all here for you Luna. If you ever want a chat or some virtual eHugs you know who you can come to
One day something wity and original will appear here

Decker

Postby Decker » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:10 pm UTC

Confession: I'm going to be a senior in college and I still don't know what I want to do with my life.

Confession: My fear of leaving college is being overcome by how much I'm bored with my life. I want some change.

Confession: I didn't post my picture in the picture thread because I do not have my favorite black fedora with me, and I do not want to be pictured without it.

Confession: Last time I talked to my ex-girlfriend whom I loved very much but put me on an emotional roller coaster...I got so angry I nearly bit something and I do not feel the slightest bit of guilt about being angry at her. Details will be posted in a later post if anyone is interested.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

Numzane

Postby Numzane » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:21 pm UTC

Delalyra wrote:Confession: all of souldelay's one-line IM-like posts were/are really annoying me.
It appears we have similar tastes in posting-style. :lol:
*Often edits posts as soon as they're posted*

James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:24 pm UTC

Numzane wrote:
Delalyra wrote:Confession: all of souldelay's one-line IM-like posts were/are really annoying me.

Confession: I noticed I started doing this too for a bit ( posting short, one line posts) to keep up with the conversation. But I caught myself before I started doing it all the time. But I still feel all guilty. How can I repent?

EDIT: Like, for one post all I said was

"Night".

Am I going to hell?
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:21 pm UTC

miss a single day, and 4 pages appear...
confession - I like days that I don't spend in front of the pc.

Confession edit - I don't know why I post pictures of myself. I generally get depressed about it.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Irrefutable

Postby Irrefutable » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:45 pm UTC

But we dont like days when you arnt infront of the PC :(

carbohydrated

Postby carbohydrated » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:55 pm UTC

Confession: When I was younger, I used to think that if you accelerated ANY object (bricks, wood, metal, etc) really really fast, it would catch on fire. The confession part is that I still want to believe that ;_;.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:13 pm UTC

Irrefutable wrote:But we dont like days when you arnt infront of the PC :(

That's a lie. You didn't notice I was gone for a day. Don't lie.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:14 pm UTC

Ramses IV wrote:
Numzane wrote:

Confession: I noticed I started doing this too for a bit ( posting short, one line posts) to keep up with the conversation. But I caught myself before I started doing it all the time. But I still feel all guilty. How can I repent?

...Stop doing it? That would be nice. It's like I said last night (hoho), you want to chat, find an IM buddy.

Re: mass/volume: I might get it now. I will contemplate physics and also how awesome you all are.

@eternal_luna:
Spoiler:
Sweetie, you don't have to do this alone. We're all here for you, okay? You can talk to me whenever. My IM is in my profile. But honestly this might not be something we can handle for you. There are hotlines all around for abuse (emotional abuse is abuse too), crisis, or suicide. I don't think you're about to attempt anything but they would still be better at handling it than we are. I really encourage you to try them. You might not have to handle this *at all.*

Also, this is your new mantra: "It's not about me, it's about her. It's not about me, it's about her." The things she says have no reflection on what a beautiful, strong, brave, worthy, lovable person you are. It's all about the hate that's inside of her. It's not about you, it's about her. ETA: That means that it's something that's okay to let go of when you leave.

Irrefutable

Postby Irrefutable » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:34 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:
Irrefutable wrote:But we dont like days when you arnt infront of the PC :(

That's a lie. You didn't notice I was gone for a day. Don't lie.

Sometimes when something is missing from your life you only realise what you were missing when you get it back :)

MechanicalPen

Postby MechanicalPen » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:42 pm UTC

Confession 1: I'm sad I missed the lego conversation. :( I wanted to talk about bionicles.

Confession 2: I've eaten very little over the past three days because of stress, busyness, and lack of good food.

Sort-of-Confession 3: Somewhere between freshman year and now I lost the ability to sneeze right. I have to sneeze out of my mouth now, and it's not very comfortable. Bleh.

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:12 pm UTC

Quixotess wrote:...Stop doing it? That would be nice. It's like I said last night (hoho), you want to chat, find an IM buddy.

That's the plan, yes. But should I do something else, to? Like run 20 miles or something? I still feel bad.

Confession: I think I'm just a guilty person. I'm always filled with guilt for all this stuff. I mean, I can remember stuff from when I was really young. And I mean really young, like 9 or 10. And I still feel guilty about it. I dunno, I guess I just am.
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:29 pm UTC

How old do you people think I am? I can't help but feel as if I converse like a 12-year-old here.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:38 pm UTC

benjhuey wrote:How old do you people think I am? I can't help but feel as if I converse like a 12-year-old here.

Spoiler:
Seventeen or eighteen

Confession: I know this cause I remember something you said, not cause of your current writing level

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:43 pm UTC

Yes, I know I've posted my age before, but I seem to have difficulty discussing serious or opinion oriented topics (as I'm neither very serious nor opinionated).
多么现在棕色母牛?

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:49 pm UTC

Confession: I have a strange and mysterious quality that makes me appear to be the best person to ask sex-ed questions.

No, really. Ever since seventh grade friends, acquaintances, and siblings ask me these things. I remember my lab partner asking me, very seriously, very earnestly, if I could explain to her what masturbation was. (I also remember that I was awkward enough about it that my explanation was "when you have sex with yourself." Not the clearest.) I remember in freshman year, someone wanted to know what circumsicion was, and two people immediately said "Um...ask Quixotess." I was also nominated to take a boy aside and explain to him the nature of PMS. More recently, a classmate asked me if it was okay to use a hand mirror to look at herself. And someone else wanted to know: can you get pregnant from oral sex? "Ask Quixotess."

These are all different people, mind you.

Why? I have no idea.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:53 pm UTC

benjhuey wrote:How old do you people think I am? I can't help but feel as if I converse like a 12-year-old here.

I naturally relate post count to age. (which is silly I know). So to me you are about 25ish? Plus to be so cynical (your avatar) you have to at least be in your late teens... so older than 12 at least.

Spoiler:
@ luna
I have NO idea what your going through, but just knowing that you are not alone can make the difference. Clearly even people you have never met (ie people on here) care about you. Opening up to people has an almost freeing sensation. Good luck with your journey.

EDIT: Also Jessica, I noticed you were gone. I still feel a bit embarrassed when I see your avatar (from when I tried to see what it spelled out...)
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:57 pm UTC

benjhuey wrote:Yes, I know I've posted my age before, but I seem to have difficulty discussing serious or opinion oriented topics (as I'm neither very serious nor opinionated).

We're doing that one-line IM-ing type thing again.

Anyways, I'd also got trouble discussing serious or opinion-oriented topics, but it's not really cause I'm neither serious nor opinionated. I run between serious and wacky pretty much randomly (or based in real life, but on the internets it might as well be random). The problem I've got is that while I'm often opinionated, a lot of the time either someone else posts something lengthy and deep which I read and think "holy shite, that's totally right", and then I read the opposing opinion, and I agree with them too, and I just end up confused and with nothing really to contribute. The other problem I've got is that when I've got what I feel like is a valid opinion nobody has said yet, I end up not posting it 'cause I hate people who are too opinionated all the time and I dont' wanna turn into that guy. So yes, I'm overly opinionated about overly opinionated people.

Confession: I need to get off the word "opinion" and all words that are rooted in that one word. Actually, I need to stop repeating the same word over and over. Like the word "word" in this past sentence Paragraph

Edit: I also don't say anything when I don't know what to say, which I realized when I read everyone else's posts. I can't really help with your problem either Luna, so I'll just offer hugs like everyone else is

I also run with the crowd too much...

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:09 pm UTC

@Gojoe: I often find cynicism funny. Does that make me a bad person? (I really don't cae how that quesiton is answered, so probably "yes").

@Mo0man: Not to be ironic or anything, but I have to agree with everything you just said.
多么现在棕色母牛?

drock

Postby drock » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:16 pm UTC

Confession: I should be doing work right now, but the fact that I can get away with doing nothing/browsing the internet is too great.

Confession: I love to read http://grouphug.us
"Hey, they're trying to learn for free! Get em!" - Simpsons

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:56 pm UTC

Confession: I, a man, found this incredibly cute...

And yes... I do mean the Hello Kitty Rainbow socks...

<.<

drock

Postby drock » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:14 pm UTC

Dark Ragnarok wrote:Confession: I, a man, found this incredibly cute...

And yes... I do mean the Hello Kitty Rainbow socks...

<.<

cute to wear on yourself?

or cute on a girl ;)
"Hey, they're trying to learn for free! Get em!" - Simpsons

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:53 am UTC

Confession: I think I have the tendency to get emotionally abusive. :\
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Socal Swimmer

Postby Socal Swimmer » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:05 am UTC

Delalyra wrote:Confession: I think I have the tendency to get emotionally abusive. :\

bad!

don't do that!

... in what way?
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.

I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

souldelay

Postby souldelay » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:09 am UTC

Delalyra wrote:Confession: I think I have the tendency to get emotionally abusive. :\

I doubt you're alone in that. I've found myself doing that a bit.
I promptly feel like an asshole afterwards, though.

Confession
Spoiler:
I get depressed when I'm alone for long periods of time. I'm living at home until I move to Chicago for my new job (I just graduated), but all of my friends are no longer in town, so I feel like a loser because I have no one to go out with and thus am stuck at home. I try going out alone, but I get super self conscious and end up running away. Frustrating and depressing =/
Also, I hate annoying people, and I feel like I do that a lot on the fora. =/ it's unintentional.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:31 am UTC

souldelay wrote:Confession
Spoiler:
I get depressed when I'm alone for long periods of time. I'm living at home until I move to Chicago for my new job (I just graduated), but all of my friends are no longer in town, so I feel like a loser because I have no one to go out with and thus am stuck at home. I try going out alone, but I get super self conscious and end up running away. Frustrating and depressing =/
Also, I hate annoying people, and I feel like I do that a lot on the fora. =/ it's unintentional.

I had that problem (the being feeling self conscious if i was out by myself) If you get a few drinks in you, you hardly notice, and you make new friends.

And I still like you ;)
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Return to “General”