Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Gojoe

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Gojoe » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:16 pm UTC

That is awesome Polly! I am glad you have a grown up to talk to. I used to stay at my friends house all the time. His mother used to cook great food, was always good to us... Long story short, she is now my boss, and I have an awesome secure job because of her.

EDIT: clarity
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:27 pm UTC

I'm very seriously considering skipping my psych appointment that I have in half an hour. Damn this fear...
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:38 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:I'm very seriously considering skipping my psych appointment that I have in half an hour. Damn this fear...

Don't do it.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:40 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:
Torvaun wrote:I'm very seriously considering skipping my psych appointment that I have in half an hour. Damn this fear...
Don't do it.
Fine. But when I end up fleeing the country, I'm blaming you.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:46 pm UTC

seeing your psych is important. :D
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Awia

Postby Awia » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:31 pm UTC

pollywog wrote:I love you Marion!
Hmm, one of my friends mum is called Marion, do I know you? :P
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:57 pm UTC

nsmjohn wrote:Confession: I can't stop watching the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Dead Space trailer.

To be honest, I found the trailer dead boring, and unless the game is something other than blowing up zombies in the same way that every other FPS does it, I have zero interest in playing it.

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:05 pm UTC

|Erasmus| wrote:
nsmjohn wrote:Confession: I can't stop watching the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Dead Space trailer.

To be honest, I found the trailer dead boring, and unless the game is something other than blowing up zombies in the same way that every other FPS does it, I have zero interest in playing it.

Actually, all the reviews I've read of the game say that it IS a scratch above the rest. For example, they say that all of the objectives are actually more than "go here, flip this switch, go through the door you just unlocked". You actually feel like you're doing all of this to escape certain death, it all comes together to make up the storyline.

Also, there are some RPG elements in the game - you can upgrade your exo-suit to have more health, more durability etc. Your gun can be upgraded in many ways and new schematics can be found to do this throughout the game, giving you a very personalised character.

Also, rather than the average zombie-shoot-'em-up, you have very limited ammo, meaning that you have to use what the game calls "strategic dismemberment", making the actual combat that little more intense as you have to make every shot count, rather than just blasting away at the torso of the zombie.

The sound quality is supposed to be second to none, with even such little quirks as the characters breathing becomes more laboured the more he runs or the longer he fights. Also, when in zero gravity or in a vacuum, all sounds out with the characters helmet are muffled whereas the msot distinct sound is his breathing.

All in all, it's meant to add up to be one of the most intense horror shooters in a while.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:08 pm UTC

Lolsaur wrote:Also, rather than the average zombie-shoot-'em-up, you have very limited ammo, meaning that you have to use what the game calls "strategic dismemberment", making the actual combat that little more intense as you have to make every shot count, rather than just blasting away at the torso of the zombie.
...this sums up some of my favourite custom Doom levels. I like there to be some challenge involved, and far too many games may as well give you unlimited ammo with everything except the sniper rifle and maybe the rocket launcher.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

I've been wanting to play Dead Space since it looks really cool... but I'm scared of it =/ I don't like the sudden shit-yourself moments that will undoubtedly be part of it. But that's an awesome trailer.

And besides, I've already got chunkloads of homework to do and Fallout 3 to play.

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:35 pm UTC

Lolsaur wrote:
|Erasmus| wrote:

Also, rather than the average zombie-shoot-'em-up, you have very limited ammo, meaning that you have to use what the game calls "strategic dismemberment", making the actual combat that little more intense as you have to make every shot count, rather than just blasting away at the torso of the zombie.

Furthermore, the weapons do plains/zones of damage; there is only one weapon that is an actual gun. My favorite weapon does a small line of damage, and you can rotate it to horizontal or vertical. This makes chopping off the limbs a bit easier, which is good because I have unloaded entire clips into the torso without killing them. Some monsters are suiciders that can nearly kill you if they get close enough, others break up into smaller monsters when they die or release hordes of small monsters when shot in the stomach. Ammo is somewhat limited but what really crunches is that it takes up a lot of inventory space which is very limited (your first suit has only about 15 slots, you get less than 2 clips per slot).

Confession: I am in a weird mood, it is not depressed or sad per se... but certainly not happy.
Gojoe wrote:Well, I would say something here, but it would only make it worse.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:58 pm UTC

Confession: Saw the guy, who turned out to be a psychiatrist, not a therapist. As a result, he did not give a shit about me, and prescribed me a new pill. I, therefore, don't feel guilty about not disillusioning him of his preconceived ideas of who and what I am. Including his bland dismissal of my paranoia.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:59 pm UTC

nsmjohn wrote:
Confession: I am in a weird mood, it is not depressed or sad per se... but certainly not happy.

same here. but i think mine is more of a diappointed mood.

i hate being disappointed in myself. why cant i ever stick to what i said in the beginning? but no, not this time. here i am 4 months later sitting here with my head between my knees wondering why i had to get so close, get so attached. why does my mind have to complicate things? and you will never know, because you never care to ask. you just come and go as you please because thats what we agreed upon. but now i hate seeing you leave. man what the hell is wrong with me? why did i let it go this far? *disappointed* FUCK!!!!
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

Ended

Postby Ended » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Confession: I don't want to like James Blunt, but I do. (Well, his first album at least, I haven't listened to the other one). He has some good melodies.
Generally I try to make myself do things I instinctively avoid, in case they are awesome.
-dubsola

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:41 am UTC

Confession: I don't like studying for exams, because it feels like cheating.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:14 am UTC

JayDee wrote:Confession: I don't like studying for exams, because it feels like cheating.
So you see it as a game? That must make exam time for you awesome!

sje46

Postby sje46 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:00 am UTC

Confession:
I wish I had real life friends who were more like my online friends.
I am crying right now.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:08 am UTC

*hugs*
just close your eyes and pretend!!
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:06 am UTC

The girls in my suite often communicate things they are unhappy about by leaving notes all around everywhere. This wouldn't bug me quite so much if they signed the notes, but more often than not they don't.

Some examples, none of them signed: Just above the counter, "Please do NOT put dishes in the drying rack unless you have WASHED THEM OUT. Otherwise it encourages BACTERIA, and that's not okay!" And on my desk several days ago "Please stop leaving noodles in the sink! We don't have a garbage disposal!" (Fair; I did forget, although only once out of the several times I'd made noodles, so "stop" seemed a bit harsh.) And on the inside of the bathroom door, "Please clean water off floor after shower--it prevents accidents!"

Confession: I need someone to 1) dissuade me from, or 2) rationalize leaving a note next to the one in the bathroom, reading "Please sign your notes--it prevents cattiness! --Leah"
Raise up the torch and light the way.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:11 am UTC

Tomorrow will be hell. I'm not sure if I should loath the event entirely or embrace the schadenfreude as a significant portion of the population simultaneously experiences crushing disappointment.

I should be locked away before I hurt someone (or myself for that matter).
多么现在棕色母牛?

KingLoser
Obnoxious Distraction

Postby KingLoser » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:12 am UTC

Are those actual quoted notes? They sound dead-pretentious.

Leave counter-notes insulting that godawful tone when you've done the job, and refuse to sign them either. It helps if they know it's not you. Things like "Water has been cleaned from floor--accidents have been prevented.", "Dishes have been washed out prior to entering the drying rack, bacteria has been discouraged. This is OK."

I bet they'll cave in before you do. They'll wanna know who's leaving the smartarse notes, and your culprit has been revealed.

Ahem. I should go to bed now.
Add me on: Last.fm | Facebook | Flickr doodz.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt díog dúnta.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:15 am UTC

Leave notes of similar nature for things that haven't happened but sound plausible enough to have happened. That'll really throw them off. Are you sure it's more than one of them that's leaving the notes, or are they all?
多么现在棕色母牛?

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:31 am UTC

KingLoser wrote:Are those actual quoted notes? They sound dead-pretentious.

Actual factual. And, yeah, they rather do.

KingLoser wrote:Leave counter-notes insulting that godawful tone when you've done the job, and refuse to sign them either. It helps if they know it's not you. Things like "Water has been cleaned from floor--accidents have been prevented."

Hmmm....maybe. I think just one well-placed note like you suggest would make my point. I don't want to start a war.

benjhuey wrote:Are you sure it's more than one of them that's leaving the notes, or are they all?

I live with four girls. There are definitely at least two note-leaving roomies--two of the notes are right next to each other and display different handwriting.

benjhuey wrote:Leave notes of similar nature for things that haven't happened but sound plausible enough to have happened. That'll really throw them off.

Ooooh...yes it would. "Found your toothbrush in the toilet. Boiled it for ten minutes, but you may want to buy an new one!"

...Okay, I wouldn't be brave enough to leave that one.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

KingLoser
Obnoxious Distraction

Postby KingLoser » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:39 am UTC

Maybe the war's already started!* Flawless setup for a "this is exactly how annoying it is when you.. etc." moment. I think it's just the idea of catching someone that sounds like that in a genuine eyebrow-twitch moment with a taste of their own work is too priceless.

..but my reality it is not.. and like ya say, one would be enough. </conscience

Be patient and wait for the perfect one though. :mrgreen:

EDIT: *this is a cop out for everything irresponsible.. best ignore that.
Add me on: Last.fm | Facebook | Flickr doodz.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt díog dúnta.

mandalynn

Postby mandalynn » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:34 am UTC

Set up surveillance cameras to see who's leaving the notes. Stab those people

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:01 am UTC

Fess: I should be reading these new DnD books, so I can give them back... but I am on my laptop instead...

sje46

Postby sje46 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:30 pm UTC

Obviously no one cares that I'm crying.
Confession: I care too much about whether people online care I'm crying.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:52 pm UTC

sje46 wrote:Obviously no one cares that I'm crying.
Confession: I care too much about whether people online care I'm crying.

I care enough to think that you should not be crying, and that I think the reason for crying should go away. And on that note *hugs*... stop crying, 'k?

On a slightly related note: there are people online, some from here, that I do care about to an extent, but I don't tend to care an awful lot what random internet people think.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:53 pm UTC

Fess: its brilliant to see my friend happy and all, but the loveydovey talk of him and his girl has gotten me depressed....I just want someone to hold and to love.... :cry:
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:21 pm UTC

I often correct people's spelling and sometimes grammar in High Culture. Without making it obvious that I did anything.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:35 pm UTC

I hate it when SNL lays into certain people moreso than others because its easier/gets more laughs/gets more ratings. No, you can't be like MadTV where they use and re-use the same characters. You're making fun of real people. Even for celebs/politicians I HATE, after the 8th skit I'm tired of it.

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:45 pm UTC

Also, MadTV isn't funny.
Have you given up?

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:51 pm UTC

I confess that as well.

MechanicalPen

Postby MechanicalPen » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:38 pm UTC

There is this cute ...person sitting near me in the student lounge, and I cannot tell whether that person is a boy or a girl.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:43 pm UTC

Does it matter?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:47 pm UTC

Go say hi.

And then, y'know, maybe get to know him/her better.

Maybe you've just discovered you are bisexual?

I'm bored. I'm off to band practice now. See ya laters.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:58 pm UTC

Ask if he or she likes to fly kites.

If they respond with hostility, mention that you've been struggling due to their androgyny. Then sing Aerosmith's Dude (Looks Like a Lady) in their face before running away.

If they produce a kite, marry them, no matter what they have down there.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

MechanicalPen

Postby MechanicalPen » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:03 pm UTC

I would go over and say hi to him (I figured out it was a boy), but he's busy playing chess and I should be busy writing a paper due in three hours.

confession: procrastination is fun! ...not really.

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:12 pm UTC

Fess: I often read over my posts and realize how sarcastic I sound. I'm not trying to be sarcastic guys, seriously, I just don't know how to fix it
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:30 pm UTC

Mo0man wrote:Fess: I often read over my posts and realize how sarcastic I sound. I'm not trying to be sarcastic guys, seriously, I just don't know how to fix it

Sure you don't.
Have you given up?

Return to “General”