Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

functionally_stupid

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new idiot!

Postby functionally_stupid » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:00 pm UTC

Whenever people confess to something along the lines of being in love with more than one person, my instinctive response is "Threesome!!!!!".

XD I'm sure that wouldn't work for most of these situations, but I can't help suggesting it regardless.

Anyway. If you're in love with your best friends, you should probably be honest with them about how you feel. They're your *friends*. They deserve to be treated with honesty and respect, right? Be all, "I'm sorry, but I'm kinda in love with you both, would you be interested in a relationship with me or should I get over it as quickly as possible?"

I don't really see a problem with being in love with more than one person, as long as you make perfectly clear your intentions and your feelings to all parties involved. Being polyamorous requires *effort*. And *scheduling*. And it requires that you take especial care to make sure no one's feelings get hurt. But as long as you conduct yourself in an honorable manner, well, godspeed!
I wrote it in a style I fondly refer to as "unabashedly fancy" - i.e., "Fuck Zen minimalism, I'm gonna use all of my favorite words and stack loads of complex syntax n' modifying phrases'n'clauses in this motherfucker, goddamn."

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:01 pm UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:Whenever people confess to something along the lines of being in love with more than one person, my instinctive response is "Threesome!!!!!".

Oh good. It's not just me.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:Whenever people confess to something along the lines of being in love with more than one person, my instinctive hope is "Threesome!!!!!".

Fix'd!

Also, this usually only applies to me if the people being referenced are hot. Ugly people in a threesome is something that brings me closer to suicide.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:12 pm UTC

Er.. if you're not involved in said threesome, why do you care?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:21 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Er.. if you're not involved in said threesome, why do you care?

The very thought of it.

Guy: "Hey! I heard Billy, Katie and Sandra had a threesome last night"
Me: "OHGODMYMINDISMELTING"

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:27 pm UTC

[EDIT]
maybe if this signature is witty enough someone will finally love me.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:23 pm UTC

That's actually called "asynchrononous development". I have it too. It's very common among gifted/etc. children.

:( Did we scare you away? I didn't mean to scare you away! We were kidding about the threesome thing!
I wrote it in a style I fondly refer to as "unabashedly fancy" - i.e., "Fuck Zen minimalism, I'm gonna use all of my favorite words and stack loads of complex syntax n' modifying phrases'n'clauses in this motherfucker, goddamn."

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:26 pm UTC

morag wrote:Confession 1: I thought KFC chicken meals smelt good, and almost considered what it would be like to eat.

It's delicious.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:30 pm UTC

Aleril wrote:Ugly people in a threesome is something that brings me closer to suicide.

I usually feel pretty happy when I hear that ugly people are getting laid. If they have a tough time making it happen, they really deserve it. If they can get others to join them, the more the merrier.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:43 pm UTC

I was supposed to have a threesome with two friends for my 22nd, but I ended up drunk and stumbling around with a freshman who ended up crying over petty issues (i say petty because they were issues and they were hers and I heard them instead of having a threesome with my two friends).

Ah well, we all make mistakes in life.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:19 pm UTC

Confession: I was more disturbed by the failings of my computer than I would be if one of my parents were to die.

Past week I've been dealing with crashes, system instability, lock ups, and BSODs. Yesterday I spent 11 hours running Memtest86 trying to narrow down the problem. The whole thing has been unbelievably frustrating, trying, and depressing; I went into a kind of withdrawal.

My computer is my link to my life, or the only parts of it that still matter to me. Having that link severed, even temporarily, with its future uncertain... it was depressing, infuriating anguish.

Oh, and this week is final exams for me, for the exam I'm taking in <4 hours the majority of the course material is on the course website. :(

Rogue5_jm

Postby Rogue5_jm » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:31 pm UTC

Confession: I am much more harsh on one of my friends than I have to be. Even my small social improvements seem monumental compared to what he has accomplished, and I take too much pleasure in teasing him about it when something happens.

Another confession: I'm almost the only person from that friend's high school life that he still talks to, and yet I'm likely the one he should hate the most.

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:53 pm UTC

Confession 1: I just read Rogue5_jm's join date and spent a good 30-90 seconds trying to figure out why this was listed as an active topic when the last post was Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:03 pm UTC.

Confession 2:The majority of my favorite music is various forms of rock but for some reason I also really like female singers. To name a few: Colbie Caillat, Regina Spektor, Tegan & Sarah, Alanis Morissette, Sheryl Crow, and Hikaru Utada.
Gojoe wrote:Well, I would say something here, but it would only make it worse.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:53 pm UTC

Re: Polygamy:

Yay! I can speak from experience (though admittedly limited) on this one!

How to handle Polygamy: Very, very, simple.

All you need to do is take time out of all of your schedules on a consistent basis, and whenever an emergency arises, to hear everyone and consider everyone's needs. Why does this work? Because problems cannot fester, and are instead dragged kicking and screaming into the light, where they may be excised. From there, you're fairly free to do whatever the fuck you like. Pardonnez-vous mon francais.

Confession: Even planning this sort of thing is enjoyable to me. I think this is gonna work.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Nimz

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a newt idol!

Postby Nimz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:00 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:Confession: I have been unfair to raisins.

I'm still not a raisin fan, but this weekend I was really hungry and the only food available was a trail mix of nuts, M&Ms, and raisins. I didn't really feel like picking them out . . . and . . . it was pretty good. I'm still not gonna go out and buy a box for a snack, but I also won't go out of my way to avoid them in otherwise delicious situations.

But still - fuck them for ruining oatmeal cookies.

When I read this post, my first thought was the CCR version of the song "I Heard it Through the Grapevine". I know that somewhat dates me, but, what the heck, bonus points (and maybe a cookie) to whoever knows why that song (particularly, that version) is related.

I think that'll be my last quote from the past fortnight's confessions. You may now resume your regularly scheduled, current confessings.
LOWA

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:02 pm UTC

Nimz wrote:but, what the heck, bonus points (and maybe a cookie) to whoever knows why that song (particularly, that version) is related.

California Raisins ftw.

They/them

Rogue5_jm

Postby Rogue5_jm » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:27 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
Nimz wrote:but, what the heck, bonus points (and maybe a cookie) to whoever knows why that song (particularly, that version) is related.

California Raisins ftw.

Those commercials kicked ass.

Is it weird that I recognize that at the age of 21, or about right?

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:38 pm UTC

I'm only 23 myself, so you're probably good

They/them

Rogue5_jm

Postby Rogue5_jm » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:42 pm UTC

Confession: I'm (obviously) in a very weird "Holy crap I'm old, but still young" phase.

Zug-Zug

Postby Zug-Zug » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:54 pm UTC

Confession: I only just figured out how to make gif's properly, and I'm having a blast! :D

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:07 pm UTC

Rogue5_jm wrote:Confession: I'm (obviously) in a very weird "Holy crap I'm old, but still young" phase.

Same here and I hate it. Here is something that you might hate me for pointing out but: Do you ever notice how life seems to accelerate? From about 5 years old to 9 took an eternity, 9-13 went a bit faster but still seemed fairly slow, and highschool (14-17) went pretty fast. Post highschool has been screaming by, I have been out 5 years but it seems like I graduated yesterday. Anyone else get this feeling?

Confession: According to my family when I was 4 or so I would run down the neighborhood cats and bite their tales. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

Rogue5_jm

Postby Rogue5_jm » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:10 pm UTC

nsmjohn wrote:
Rogue5_jm wrote:Confession: I'm (obviously) in a very weird "Holy crap I'm old, but still young" phase.

Same here and I hate it. Here is something that you might hate me for pointing out but: Do you ever notice how life seems to accelerate? From about 5 years old to 9 took an eternity, 9-13 went a bit faster but still seemed fairly slow, and highschool (14-17) went pretty fast. Post highschool has been screaming by, I have been out 5 years but it seems like I graduated yesterday. Anyone else get this feeling?

I've lived my entire life a year at a time, so it went by a bit faster for me, but yeah, I woke up the other day and realized I graduated high school 3 years ago, moved 2 years ago, and haven't seen half my old friends and family since then.

Confession: My grandmother recently had a heart attack and is recovering slowly, and now between bouts of worry for her I can't help but wonder what shes going to leave me.
Last edited by Rogue5_jm on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:12 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 pm UTC

WELCOME TO BEING 21!!!
Read a hundred or so pages back for my own confessions on the same phenonema, falling for a 17year old, getting turned down for a job because i'm too old, not having a finnished education. Having moved BACK home (now out again) etc. Wanting a place and life of your own and still being deathly afraid of suddenly setteling down and having children, always thinking you missed out on the whole big great youth thing.
Confession:
I'll be 22 in 39 days and it actually bothers me. 22 feels SO much older then 21...
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:15 pm UTC

Why would a Swede need a Finnish education? :D

Hmmm . . . that was funnier in my head. :(

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:18 pm UTC

nsmjohn wrote:Same here and I hate it. Here is something that you might hate me for pointing out but: Do you ever notice how life seems to accelerate?

I've noticed it, and I've heard an explanation for it which I quite enjoy (even though it might be utter bollocks).

Essentially, when you are 5, one year makes up an entire fifth of your life so far, so seems like a huge expanse of time in comparison with your previous experiences. By the time you are 20, it's only a 20th of your life, so a year seems much shorter in comparison.

(I also feel old, yet know I'm still young. I'm only 19, but I still can't help but feel I'm half-way dead already.)

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:21 pm UTC

Aleril wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:Er.. if you're not involved in said threesome, why do you care?

The very thought of it.
Guy: "Hey! I heard Billy, Katie and Sandra had a threesome last night"
Me: "OHGODMYMINDISMELTING"

Hodge the Awesome wrote:I usually feel pretty happy when I hear that ugly people are getting laid. If they have a tough time making it happen, they really deserve it. If they can get others to join them, the more the merrier.

Hey, Hodge.. that thing you said... that's... a nice version of what I was going to say, so I'll leave it at that.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:30 pm UTC

ah, wonderful, asynchronous development. now i have something to blame my weirdness [EDIT]
maybe if this signature is witty enough someone will finally love me.

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:33 pm UTC

The Spherical Cow wrote:
nsmjohn wrote:Same here and I hate it. Here is something that you might hate me for pointing out but: Do you ever notice how life seems to accelerate?

I've noticed it, and I've heard an explanation for it which I quite enjoy (even though it might be utter bollocks).

Essentially, when you are 5, one year makes up an entire fifth of your life so far, so seems like a huge expanse of time in comparison with your previous experiences. By the time you are 20, it's only a 20th of your life, so a year seems much shorter in comparison.

(I also feel old, yet know I'm still young. I'm only 19, but I still can't help but feel I'm half-way dead already.)

That's what I've found, and that's been my explanation for years. I think almost everyone shares this experience.

Entirely unrelated confession: With my friends, I can tolerate almost anything, and am known for being a laid-back, optimistic, happy dude who always sees the best in everything. But when someone is playing a computer game, and doing it badly, I try to help, and get incredibly frustrated when they can't play it with the same ease that I can. It is about the only thing that I ever get angry with people over, and has been for years. I have to make a conscious effort not to try to help in case I get angry and piss someone off, so I just sit there watching them suck instead.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:44 pm UTC

cypherspace wrote:Entirely unrelated confession: With my friends, I can tolerate almost anything, and am known for being a laid-back, optimistic, happy dude who always sees the best in everything. But when someone is playing a computer game, and doing it badly, I try to help, and get incredibly frustrated when they can't play it with the same ease that I can. It is about the only thing that I ever get angry with people over, and has been for years. I have to make a conscious effort not to try to help in case I get angry and piss someone off, so I just sit there watching them suck instead.

This sorta happens to me too. My roommate is retardedly gifted when it comes to multiplayer games and I could watch him play for hours. When he plays single player games though he misses everything and I just want to take the controller, beat him with it and finish the level/task right.

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:59 pm UTC

cypherspace wrote:Entirely unrelated confession: With my friends, I can tolerate almost anything, and am known for being a laid-back, optimistic, happy dude who always sees the best in everything. But when someone is playing a computer game, and doing it badly, I try to help, and get incredibly frustrated when they can't play it with the same ease that I can. It is about the only thing that I ever get angry with people over, and has been for years. I have to make a conscious effort not to try to help in case I get angry and piss someone off, so I just sit there watching them suck instead.

Snap, it's so incredibly frustrating when they can't make a damn jump, and you could make it with your eyes closed, but they keep doing it wrong... :evil:

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:25 pm UTC

i'm the one who sucks at computer games... (sorry!! ;) ) but it's not an issue for my more talented/skilled friends for 2 reasons:
1) i *much* prefer to watch skilled players than play myself. it's not that i don't enjoy playing, but there is something so amazing and fun about watching someone who is actually *good* at it!! and
2) apparently i'm so terrible at most games that it goes way past the frustration and into wildly entertaining. i've actually brought a friend to tears with my sheer, unadulterated suckage. :D he's something of a savant when it comes to pretty much any kind of computer/video game, but every now and then he forces me to play, just so he can watch and laugh his ass off...
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:27 pm UTC

Confession: I just considered going to 4chan. I have no clue what it is other than that it is a rather large-communitied forum.
I decided against it =D
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

Rogue5_jm

Postby Rogue5_jm » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:28 pm UTC

nsmjohn wrote:

This sorta happens to me too. My roommate is retardedly gifted when it comes to multiplayer games and I could watch him play for hours. When he plays single player games though he misses everything and I just want to take the controller, beat him with it and finish the level/task right.

I had a classic example of this last night. Friend was playing an FPS, and kept forgetting where enemies were and getting shot from behind. You never realize how much situational awareness you have until you see someone with less of it than you. Granted I only have such awareness in video games >_>.
Last edited by Rogue5_jm on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:29 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:29 pm UTC

Confession: I turned away dying kittens.

I. . . don't know what to say.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:35 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:How to handle Polygamy: Very, very, simple.

All you need to do is take time out of all of your schedules on a consistent basis, and whenever an emergency arises, to hear everyone and consider everyone's needs. Why does this work? Because problems cannot fester, and are instead dragged kicking and screaming into the light, where they may be excised. From there, you're fairly free to do whatever the fuck you like. Pardonnez-vous mon francais.

Gah time. It seems to be my enemy with all things. I just wish I had more of it.
My girlfriend and I rarely seem to get to spend time together as it is. But we always talk things through, and I am always there for her when she is in a bind. Even in mono relationships things seem to work best under the advice you just gave. Poly just makes it more imperative to plan and balance.
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:39 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Confession: I turned away dying kittens.

I. . . don't know what to say.

I'd say, "Don't drink! Don't Smoke! Whatcha do ya do do don't drink; don't smoke! Whatcha do ya do do suffer blah blah some other lyrics goody-two, goody-two, goody-goody-two-shoes!"

You know I'm gonna be calling you out on that for the rest of my fora career =D
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

elephantitis

Postby elephantitis » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:31 pm UTC

Confession: I don't know if I'm staying with my guy of fifteen months out of habit or not. I don't feel the "in love" thing - I don't think I ever did. I love him, but it just seems so... I don't know. I moved recently and have lost contact with most of my super awesome buddies, so I'm kind of holding it all in without anyone to talk to who will look at things objectively. Someone IM me and let me vent, I'll make you lasagna. (I make BADASS lasagna.)

Confession: I just watched the Little Mermaid, and openly admit that I love kiddie movies. I also openly admit that I still long for that faerie tale love thing. I am NOT ashamed. /nose in air.
"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:36 pm UTC

You got me all excited about lasagna, and you're not on.

Hmmf.

They/them

Goatboy
may become less boring.

Postby Goatboy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:48 pm UTC

Upsilon wrote:
morag wrote:Confession 1: I thought KFC chicken meals smelt good, and almost considered what it would be like to eat.

It's delicious.
It's...not really delicious. I've been spoiled by Popeye's Chicken, though, I don't think I can go back to KFC.

Confession: I almost made one of those silly "My confessions are all stupid" confessions... :roll:
I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
And some old pictures.

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:50 pm UTC

Goatboy wrote:It's...not really delicious. I've been spoiled by Popeye's Chicken, though, I don't think I can go back to KFC.

Popeye's chicken is the way, the truth, and the light. All others are pretenders.

They/them

Return to “General”