Because You Always Wanted To!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

segmentation fault

Re: Because You Always Wanted To!

Postby segmentation fault » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:16 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:- Get arrested for being in a brawl at a hockey game. I really hope it's against some Red Wings or Sabres fans. They're the worst.

you've never met Flyers fans, have you?

obligatory side note: i HATE the Flyers

i would actually like to play hockey, but i would probably break from a single body check.
people are like LDL cholesterol for the internet

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:48 pm UTC

I think by now I've met them from every team and I stand by my ranking. I would make the top four:
1) Sabres
2) Red Wings
3) Devils
4) Flyers

I'm sure you are one of the good ones (assuming you're a Devils fan). For what it's worth, Maple Leaf fans are always really nice.

@trophy

Postby @trophy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:54 pm UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:I am torn between wanting to have a career in helping kids or singing CCM.

My wish is to be able to sing and play the guitar, and to perform on stage for people. I'm learning to play the guitar, and my boyfriend's father said that he could help me get that kind of job. But I doubt I'll ever do it.

"Searching for an answer... roamin' through the night to find my place in this world... MY PLACE IN THIS WOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD."

LOL I'll be your keyboard player if you want.
Insignificant Deification wrote:Because, sometimes, you've gotta have a taste of vulva

segmentation fault

Postby segmentation fault » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:I think by now I've met them from every team and I stand by my ranking. I would make the top four:
1) Sabres
2) Red Wings
3) Devils
4) Flyers

I'm sure you are one of the good ones (assuming you're a Devils fan). For what it's worth, Maple Leaf fans are always really nice.

Rangers fan :)

as for devils fans, i hate them because they think they are the Rangers' top rival. yeah ok sorry bigger fish to fry.

Daemonic

Postby Daemonic » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:17 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:I think by now I've met them from every team and I stand by my ranking. I would make the top four:
1) Sabres
2) Red Wings
3) Devils
4) Flyers

Devils > * (Long time Devils fan)

Maple Leaf fans are really nice? You haven't been to southwestern Ontario. Nor been a Devils fan in that area. Obviously. Especially not when your team knocks them out of the playoffs. And then wins the cup. And you rub it in a bit. But none of that was my fault. ;)

(Seriously, Maple Leaf fans are the most delusional fans I've ever seen and are amongst the worst at games).

segmentation fault wrote:Rangers fan :)

as for devils fans, i hate them because they think they are the Rangers' top rival. yeah ok sorry bigger fish to fry.

That's because the Rangers haven't had a competitive team since 1993. :twisted:

To get back on topic... I would love to fly a fighter jet. I can't because of my vision, but man would I ever love to do that.

goedjn4

Postby goedjn4 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:23 pm UTC

benjhuey wrote:
scowdich wrote:On a slightly different topic, something I'd wanted to do for some time and did:
Pour a bunch of liquid nitrogen down several flights of stairs. Finally got a chance to pour half a dewar down the center of a 4-story stairwell, and it was super-awesome.
Oh, dang, now I want to do that.

Did you get pictures?

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

goedjn4 wrote:
benjhuey wrote:
scowdich wrote:On a slightly different topic, something I'd wanted to do for some time and did:
Pour a bunch of liquid nitrogen down several flights of stairs. Finally got a chance to pour half a dewar down the center of a 4-story stairwell, and it was super-awesome.
Oh, dang, now I want to do that.
Did you get pictures?

Or some video?

I've always wanted to have a large scale Nerf gun/water balloon/paint ball fight in a large, urban area. Maybe designate a whole apartment complex for such a thing. Stand on a balcony and shoot at opponents on a catwalk, drop balloons off the roof as some sort of areal strike, jump between rooms to dodge shots coming down from the other end of the hallway...
多么现在棕色母牛?

btilly

Postby btilly » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Liquid nitrogen is also great for sweeping. Pour it on your floor, and it sweeps all of the dust to the edge. Great for getting under tables and benches that are otherwise hard to reach.
Some of us exist to find out what can and can't be done.

Others exist to hold the beer.

scowdich
The Hedgehog

Postby scowdich » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Nope, sorry, no pictures. But next time we do it, I will make sure to get a few.

segmentation fault

Postby segmentation fault » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:43 pm UTC

Daemonic wrote:That's because the Rangers haven't had a competitive team since 1993. :twisted:

not disputing that, but no, its because we are trained to hate the Islanders and Flyers first and foremost :)

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:53 pm UTC

benjhuey wrote:I've always wanted to have a large scale Nerf gun/water balloon/paint ball fight in a large, urban area. Maybe designate a whole apartment complex for such a thing. Stand on a balcony and shoot at opponents on a catwalk, drop balloons off the roof as some sort of areal strike, jump between rooms to dodge shots coming down from the other end of the hallway...

Three words: Humans Versus Zombies. Look it up.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Return to “General”