Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Cheese » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:50 pm UTC

Yay, no frogs!

I mean, aww, no frogs!


Actually, I quite liked the frogs. The mad snake-thing was scary, though.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
Alpha Omicron
Posts: 2765
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:07 pm UTC

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:51 pm UTC

Milk-in-a-bag!
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

User avatar
Ian Ex Machina
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:07 pm UTC
Location: Around Cambridge (UK)
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:55 pm UTC

My head + spray on red hair dye stuff.
Image

User avatar
thedufer
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:11 am UTC
Location: Northern VA (not to be confused with VA)
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby thedufer » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:00 am UTC

Aviatrix wrote:You can see the complete keyset here. There are some other handy keys on the far right hand side.


I need one of these keyboards. Unfortunately, I would quickly wear out a few of the important keys, such as "dammit", "panic", and "oops". Out of curiosity, what do these actually mean?

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers
Posts: 2132
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:29 am UTC

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Angelene » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:06 am UTC

davef wrote:
Aviatrix wrote:You can see the complete keyset here. There are some other handy keys on the far right hand side.

I had to steal some of this image. There's actually an 'any' key!

RG will not be pleased.


Cara is also displeased, it unnerves her when folk change their avatars. She appreciate the double standard inherent in this when she's just recently changed her own avatar. She knows not why she's now referring to herself in the third person, but for the sake of consistency feels she must continue until this reply has been completed.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

User avatar
davef
NomNomNommin' the Rockenclature!
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: The Ice Pit!
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby davef » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:14 am UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:Cara is also displeased...

Physician, heal thyself!
Ciúnas, bóthar, cailín, bainne.

User avatar
German Sausage
3 of 5
Posts: 2933
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:45 am UTC

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby German Sausage » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:25 am UTC

Ian Ex Machina wrote:My head + spray on red hair dye stuff.

dude. are you currently in melbourne? were you at cherry bar on saturday night with a guy called alex?

you look exactly like someone i met on the weekend.
<bakemaster> Only German Sausage can prevent forest fires
<felstaff> Hype is like a giant disappointment ray aimed squarely at the finished article.
<watson> Treat me like a criminal, Holmes!
TMT4L

Robin S
Posts: 3579
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:02 pm UTC
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Robin S » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:38 am UTC

Mine's an attempt to show off my leet programming skillz, except it was made a year or two ago with a really primitive version of my fractal generator which was still a bit buggy and I haven't bothered to remake it since. Meh.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Rodan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:19 pm UTC

Mine's an image I found on google, edited for size and to make his face symmetrical.

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Cheese » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:20 pm UTC

Aww, you've changed your LE4d avatar... I liked that one!
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
space_raptor
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:02 pm UTC
Location: Calgary
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby space_raptor » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:26 pm UTC

It's a 3D representation of myself. Well, as best I could find with a GIS.

See, instead of posting an actual picture of me, I got a computer-generated image. I am so meta.
The drinking will continue until morale improves.

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers
Posts: 2132
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:29 am UTC

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Angelene » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:27 pm UTC

space_raptor wrote:It's a 3D representation of myself. Well, as best I could find with a GIS.

See, instead of posting an actual picture of me, I got a computer-generated image. I am so meta.


You don't actually exist in reality, do you?
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

User avatar
space_raptor
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:02 pm UTC
Location: Calgary
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby space_raptor » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:31 pm UTC

Well, this is oddly appropriate considering today's comic.

I'm a real person, I swear!
The drinking will continue until morale improves.

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Rodan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:31 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:Aww, you've changed your LE4d avatar... I liked that one!

Yeah, that one's still awesome. I'll probably change back in like, a day or two.

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Cheese » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:34 pm UTC

Try superimposing one on the other or something... I like both!

@KtC: It depends. There's probably some graph about it similar to the alcohol-coding comic.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
SoapyHobo
Soap. It's, uhh, not actually that good
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:07 am UTC
Location: Liverpool, England
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby SoapyHobo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:52 pm UTC

I changed mine a while ago, but it felt wrong so I changed it back.
All is now right with the world.
Jack Saladin wrote:Goddamn that's an awesome ****, Soapy. Once they get around to making artificial **** and I replace my crappy original ones, I'm gonna make mine look like that.

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Cheese » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:02 pm UTC

It would be if I had a better avatar, but I can't think of anything interesting, so will stick with this one that matches my name and title.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Rodan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:40 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:It would be if I had a better avatar, but I can't think of anything interesting, so will stick with this one that matches my name and title.

STINKY CHEESE MAN

Fuck the spam.

EDIT: just for the record, this is the original version of the avatar:
Image

User avatar
ivnja
The spirit of things can bugger right off.
Posts: 826
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:30 am UTC
Location: 19T526268 4971339 (NAD 83)

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby ivnja » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:23 pm UTC

and now....green rectangle plus drummer

many thanks to xkcd for the drummer
Hi you.
she/her

User avatar
Vanguard
Posts: 807
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:52 pm UTC
Location: Away from you

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Vanguard » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:37 pm UTC

Mine is from VGcats. It summerizes my annoyances in the gaming world pretty well.
Image

User avatar
Maurog
Posts: 842
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:58 am UTC

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Maurog » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:46 pm UTC

My avatar is my original design invented in highschool and later pixel-painted in, well, Paint. And then saved as a gif and animated. It's just a symbol to represent myself. Like that guy, you know, formerly known as that other guy. People usually just assume it represents a spider.
Slay the living! Raise the dead! Paint the sky in crimson red!

User avatar
Vekter
Now I am become Beth, the employer of squirrels
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Thinking With Portals
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Vekter » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:59 pm UTC

Mine beats the hell out of all of yours.

No matter what. >.>


EDIT: No really, I'll have one tonight. >.>
:lol: HOBO BONUS :lol:

SoapyHobo wrote:Where there's penis, there's Narsil


>:3

User avatar
Shadic
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:54 pm UTC
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Shadic » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:08 pm UTC

Link from the Japanese boxart of Zelda II: Adventure of Link.

*Flex*

elminster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: London, UK, Dimensions 1 to 42.
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby elminster » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:11 pm UTC

@Rodan: Is that character meant to be korean?

...I mean, it does have dead dogs and a meat cleaver in the picture...
Image

User avatar
tiny
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:34 pm UTC
Location: Below the fifth cellar.
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby tiny » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:25 pm UTC

My Avvi is one panel of a comic character I can very much identify with (Kathrin of Wapsi Square). It very much says how I feel about The Real World Outside My Window and how my social life looks like. Plus I think it's aesthetically appealing.
"I write what I see, the endless procession to the guillotine." ~ de Sade

User avatar
oxoiron
Posts: 1365
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:56 pm UTC

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby oxoiron » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:39 pm UTC

Mine is a simplified cartoon showing the putative structure of the only peroxo intermediate ever synthesized that auto-decays into a different peroxo intermediate.

Yes, I made it. 8)
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect)."-- Mark Twain
"There is not more dedicated criminal than a group of children."--addams

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Rodan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:52 pm UTC

elminster wrote:@Rodan: Is that character meant to be korean?

...I mean, it does have dead dogs and a meat cleaver in the picture...

No. It's Rorschach. You don't recognize Rorschach? Get yourself a copy of Watchmen, quick.
He's actually an extreme vigilante, and there's a part in the book where he finds some attack dogs at the home of a kidnapper gnawing on human bones.
Gruesome yes, but great book.

User avatar
Col. Mustard
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 7:05 am UTC
Location: In the study with the knife.
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Col. Mustard » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:12 am UTC

Mine is LE4dGOLEM's interpretation of the attached image with a little colour added.
Attachments
col mustard.jpg
col mustard.jpg (3.49 KiB) Viewed 3118 times

User avatar
oxoiron
Posts: 1365
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:56 pm UTC

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby oxoiron » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:43 pm UTC

Basic strategy says Mrs. Peacock for the win. She is the only character who can get into a room on her first turn, which gives her player a leg up. I know it's a tiny leg up, but it adds up after many games.

Too bad for Colonel Mustard and the rest of those losers who start more than six spaces from a room.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect)."-- Mark Twain
"There is not more dedicated criminal than a group of children."--addams

User avatar
Habanero
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:31 am UTC
Location: Somewhere I didn't think I'd be.
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Habanero » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:55 pm UTC

My avatar? Well you see, I gave an infinite number of monkeys each a crayon, hoping for Shakespearean prose. This is all I got.
Why make things difficult when it is possible to make them cryptic and totally illogical with just a little bit more effort?

User avatar
Disco_Inferno
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:04 pm UTC

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Disco_Inferno » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:58 pm UTC

oxoiron wrote:Basic strategy says Mrs. Peacock for the win. She is the only character who can get into a room on her first turn, which gives her player a leg up. I know it's a tiny leg up, but it adds up after many games.

Too bad for Colonel Mustard and the rest of those losers who start more than six spaces from a room.


I have always been Dr. Purple (I think that was his name), because he never was the killer. Never. In every game I played the Dr. Purple card never appeared in the envelope. So that was one less person card to worry about because some player would always have that card in their hand.

Anyways, back on topic, my avatar came from the Simpons. Disco Stu was an awsome guy, even if he didn't appear often in the series.
John Travolta can dance, but I can light the dance floor on fire.

User avatar
LDJosh
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:07 pm UTC
Location: South Central, PA
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby LDJosh » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:05 pm UTC

<--- Logo from my TV show
--------
~Lameduck Josh
ninjajosh.com

User avatar
22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.
Posts: 6475
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:30 pm UTC
Location: 127.0.0.1

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby 22/7 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:13 pm UTC

Disco_Inferno wrote:
oxoiron wrote:Basic strategy says Mrs. Peacock for the win. She is the only character who can get into a room on her first turn, which gives her player a leg up. I know it's a tiny leg up, but it adds up after many games.

Too bad for Colonel Mustard and the rest of those losers who start more than six spaces from a room.


I have always been Dr. Purple (I think that was his name), because he never was the killer. Never. In every game I played the Dr. Purple card never appeared in the envelope. So that was one less person card to worry about because some player would always have that card in their hand.

Anyways, back on topic, my avatar came from the Simpons. Disco Stu was an awsome guy, even if he didn't appear often in the series.

The name you're looking for (at least in the US) is "Professor Plum".
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

User avatar
Disco_Inferno
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:04 pm UTC

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby Disco_Inferno » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:17 pm UTC

22/7 wrote:
Disco_Inferno wrote:
oxoiron wrote:Basic strategy says Mrs. Peacock for the win. She is the only character who can get into a room on her first turn, which gives her player a leg up. I know it's a tiny leg up, but it adds up after many games.

Too bad for Colonel Mustard and the rest of those losers who start more than six spaces from a room.


I have always been Dr. Purple (I think that was his name), because he never was the killer. Never. In every game I played the Dr. Purple card never appeared in the envelope. So that was one less person card to worry about because some player would always have that card in their hand.

Anyways, back on topic, my avatar came from the Simpons. Disco Stu was an awsome guy, even if he didn't appear often in the series.

The name you're looking for (at least in the US) is "Professor Plum".


Ah, that's it. Thank you.
John Travolta can dance, but I can light the dance floor on fire.

User avatar
segmentation fault
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:10 pm UTC
Location: Nu Jersey
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby segmentation fault » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:05 pm UTC

stephen hawking immortalized in legos
people are like LDL cholesterol for the internet

User avatar
sillybear25
civilized syllabub
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:19 am UTC
Location: Look at me, I'm putting a meta-joke in the Location field.

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby sillybear25 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:52 pm UTC

I changed mine. It's an enemy from a (sadly) now-obscure game. Whoever can guess it gets a free trip to level 0!

Spoiler:
It's the mailbox monster from Toejam & Earl. Man, that game was awesome, but TJ&E3 sucks so bad...
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
cs24
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:58 am UTC

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby cs24 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:58 am UTC

My avatar is a picture of two galaxies that I took while at an astronomy camp in seventh grade.

User avatar
KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:11 pm UTC
Location: Hangin' with Sir Dickwad at the Bubble Palace.
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby KicktheCAN » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:17 am UTC

sillybear25 wrote:I changed mine. It's an enemy from a (sadly) now-obscure game. Whoever can guess it gets a free trip to level 0!

Spoiler:
It's the mailbox monster from Toejam & Earl. Man, that game was awesome, but TJ&E3 sucks so bad...


Spoiler:
I loved the second one. I know a lot of people did not like it but the sheer random-awesomeness won me over.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

User avatar
J Spade
Luppoewagan
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:56 pm UTC
Location: Up a creek without a paddle
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby J Spade » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:19 am UTC

Uh... not that hard to explain, really.

User avatar
mellow_geek
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:06 am UTC
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:

Re: Avatars! (Attn: Tegan)

Postby mellow_geek » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:32 am UTC

Random picture of me peering out from a hole in the drywall at a friend's house as we began to remodel two rooms to join them together. I was going "heeeelp meeee" at the time, lol. The best part was getting to tear down the wall later by busting through it like Mr. T in the Hitachi virtualizer commercial.
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought.
~ Matsuo Basho


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests