Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Brooker

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Brooker » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:31 pm UTC

Have they changed 4od yet? Last time i used it it was an application but they sent me an email saying it would all stream off their site like iplayer does.

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:58 pm UTC

Daojia wrote:I see we're taking turns at whingeing out
in forms of writing more obscure than most
and these forums, where people tend to shout
show craftsmanship in each and every post

My two cents worth are hardly that unique
I'm working through a breakup, that cliché
I'm sifting through my memories, so to speak
And doing very little every day

Iambic rants are harder to inject
Although, they give you more time to reflect.

Does anybody else think there should be
A breakup thread just for slam poetry?

In any case, I only came to vent
About a generally lovely gent
Who has decided, inexplicably,
That now is a great time to burden me
With roughly twice the work he had forecast
Which is a royal pain in Graphite's... er, ast.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:07 pm UTC

I post on behalf of the Alien in my stomach: It is quite cranky and wants out.

Maybe it will look like this:
Spoiler:
Chibi_Alien__by_hedbonstudios.jpg
glaaaah.."kill me now"
Chibi_Alien__by_hedbonstudios.jpg (39.37 KiB) Viewed 4519 times

My kitties are also probably mad that they have to stay in the bathroom for a while. BooBoo was vaildy expressing, "Do not waaaaant".
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:30 pm UTC

Brooker wrote:Have they changed 4od yet? Last time i used it it was an application but they sent me an email saying it would all stream off their site like iplayer does.

They have, so it works on my Macbook now! :)
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

Magilla

Postby Magilla » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:03 am UTC

Moo wrote:ARGH I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT QUERY TO RUN TO MAKE THIS REPORT WORK AND I WANT TO GO HOME AND WATCH BAD TV AND EAT CRISPS INSTEAD.

Man I hate it when this kind of thing happens. Staring through fog that somehow has appear between your eyes and your monitor at 2am, looking for a missing brace, or trying to work out why the hell the query stopped working after nesting the 5th inner join...
They perceive my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and have thus concluded that I am of Caucasian decent, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:39 am UTC

AAAGGGHHHAATQTEAFDVPAFNKAHGOEAGHERGKDSMGNVFIAG!

So... today was my best-friend/ex-gf's birthday. I got to her house at 6:30 and we [ that is, her, two other guests, and I ] stayed there fir about an hour. We watched videos, sang, inspected herpes, and had tons of fun with them.

At 7:30 or so, the surprise that her mother had arranged for got to the house. The surprise being a limo that they had rented out for the night to celebrate her birthday. We got on and started meandering around [ or so we thought ]. We ended up in some restaurant/game/bowling alley building and we stayed there for another hour and a half. I notified home as soon as I knew where we were and went inside to have fun.

About an hour or so in, they started calling incessantly, reproaching me for "not telling them about where we were going" and "not calling as soon as the limo-thing got there." Eventually, we decided that we'd discuss it at home [ or, I decided for us and then hung up ]. We had to rush out because the whole situation had made my friend's mom worried that she got me in trouble and stuff. We got to my friend's house at 10:15, or so. I waited to be picked up and got home.

As soon as I got in, my mother and I had an argument about everything that had happened. She thought that I was completely at fault for not calling to say anything and I thought that I had done pretty much all that I could have.

It ended badly; she has 'forbidden' me from doing anything with my friend again.
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:22 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:Am I the only one who remembers ThorFluff?

No.

I suppose I'll take a shot at this poetical rant stuff. . . my poetry is never up to my standards, however. For that reason, don't expect consistent rhyme schemes.

Spoilers for length.

Spoiler:
Title: Effacement

Why

In the beginning,
they loved you.
Then they controlled you,
and raped you,
hurt you.
'Be the me I never was,'
they never thought it through.
For what if you do?
They don't like themselves,
and they will hate you.

A lifeless puppet,
purposeless and alone:
All they ever wanted.
Anyone could gather your strings!
Make you dance their jig.
But you didn't become one!

Person

As you grew,
so did your independence.
They shunned you.
Your peers wanted to use,
everything they could,
to make you theirs,
and empty still.

Nobody ever told you the truth.
That you were beautiful,
intelligent, wonderful.
It would assist you,
in your youth.
Why would they?
Without confidence,
manipulation is simple.

To The First I Address

And how!
Now he seeks your hand,
in lawfully wedded bliss!
Yet you fret and worry!
You feel unworthy,
that he will grow tired,
and leave you to your own device.
That risk you must accept,
just as you must yourself.

I cannot help you,
as I once did.
You are his now,
and to him you must turn,
for I cannot be your crutch,
now that you have learned,
that love does exist,

Even for you.

To The Second I Address

I hardly know this creature,
this source of delight.
I feel as though I always have,
when upon her my thoughts alight.

Is it that I know her pain?
The days unending,
never good enough.
Tearing herself apart,
with an undeserved loathing,
for everything she is,
every flaw to be erased.
Her, to be erased.

Even so, I failed her.
It walked right by me.
She said it with a smile,
And I wanted her happy.
So selfishly, unknowingly,
did I crassly abandon her.

I am so sorry.

Debacle

Even knowing as I do,
I ruined everything.
I deserved it, too.
To have it all detonate in my face.
What will I do?

I will do my best.
Make amends.
Give my heart freely,
pinned upon my chest.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:25 am UTC

I really don't feel like going to work. I don't feel like doing much tbh. I suppose I'd better go shower, 6 minutes before the absolute latest time I can leave and still maybe be on time. 10 minutes after when I really should leave to be on the safe side.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

rnew
RAAAAAAGGGHHH I'M A DINOSAUR

Postby rnew » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:55 am UTC

Moo wrote:I really don't feel like going to work. I don't feel like doing much tbh. I suppose I'd better go shower, 6 minutes before the absolute latest time I can leave and still maybe be on time. 10 minutes after when I really should leave to be on the safe side.
I like to play this game aswell. Work out the absolute latest you can leave, then see how long you can leave it further. So far I've worked out I can have another half an hour in bed.
Meowgan wrote:Rnew, you're so hot. Boom!
Zohar wrote:Seriously rnew, I cannot get over how awesome your avatar is. It brings up a smile every time I see it.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:57 am UTC

I was only 15 minutes late! But I didn't shower... I'll shower when I get home, promise!

In other news, ThorFluff is back!
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:37 am UTC

Huh someone called?
It seems i was stalled
From returning
I was away
Learning
In a most peculiar way
What love can do
If you let it do
That thing it wants to do.
BO!

HI!
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:41 am UTC

You silly people with your inability to wake up. I'm out the door every day before 7 am. 8)

This time last year, it was an unusual event if I got out of bed in time for lunch.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:45 am UTC

Brooker wrote:Have they changed 4od yet? Last time i used it it was an application but they sent me an email saying it would all stream off their site like iplayer does.

Yes
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am UTC

AGH Goddamnit, healthcare system. These recent changes of yours have effectively cut me off from medical attention- there is no way that most of my age group can afford to pay the ridiculous amounts you're seeking for an appointment. I ALREADY knew what medication and dosage I needed, yet I still have to pay to be told that, and then pay for the tablets. I liked being able to access care for what might seem like minor problems- I felt much better all of the time. Now I'm forced to wait and see if the affliction is debilitating enough to warrant it. And I can just say goodbye to any sexual healthcare- while I can mooch off my parents for the next few months for things like painful viral infections, I just can't afford to do it all myself right now.

Snargleargh. I'm moving to London.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Magilla

Postby Magilla » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:28 am UTC

I can find no better way
For my feelings, to convey
(I assure you I'm no sycophant,
I just feel the need to rant):
The hate for Microsoft I feel
(although it has some geek appeal)
Is not a trend
And shall not end
'til in death it's blood congeal.

I admit, in years gone by
That I would sit and wonder why
Someone out there felt the need
To create another breed
But now my understanding grows
And the authors of my woes
Gates inspired
Evil empire
Forever marked as foes
They perceive my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and have thus concluded that I am of Caucasian decent, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred

the tree

Postby the tree » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:10 am UTC

I am going to have to start taking my chair with me every time I go for a smoke. How is leaving my jacket on the chair not a good enough sign that it is MINE.

keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman

Postby keozen » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:12 pm UTC

When i go outside with my umbrella it doesn't rain, no matter how much it looks like it's going to. The first time I go without however...

*wet Keo is wet*

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:27 pm UTC

Damn you, fashion designers. You're not even making sense. Why would you take a light, thin, soft, delicate fabric and make a garment that does up with buttons? No matter how well that fits, the buttons are going to strain and look ridiculous; the fabric can't support 'em. Or you make something from a delightfully comfortable fabric but you shape it so poorly I'm not convinced it would neatly fit anyone. I'm tired of trying on items that are 60% silk, 20% cashmere and 90% stupid.

Back when my clothing choice was limited mostly by budget, I got used to looking scruffy and awkward. Now that it's limited mostly by fabric, I'm expected to spend 10x as much to look scruffy and awkward. I don't give a shit about fashion, but just once I'd like to be neat and co-ordinated. I'm sure I have a rockin' personal style, but I can't wear it because no bugger makes it.

Since I'm having to look at pricey designer stuff, it would be nice to not have to sort through ridiculously expensive worthless crap while I'm at it. How on earth do you charge $800 for a 100% polyester jacket? No really, which arseholes are encouraging you bastards by buying this shit?

Fashion can bite me. Hard.
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

Hyphe

Postby Hyphe » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:29 pm UTC

Amarantha: make fashionable things yourself. :P It's way more fun and you get things that actually fit. Eventually.

rath358
The bone of my bone

Postby rath358 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:42 pm UTC

fucking back. stop. stop fucking hurting. stop.

singlefin

Postby singlefin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:38 pm UTC

Fupping Google gears, fupping Logmein and fupping .flvs.

Together they make a hat trick of suck.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:55 pm UTC

Dear co-workers:

Yes, until I discover a reliable way to remotely access the software lab's build computers, any files or job packets you need pulled from the old archive project (which is, incidentally, no longer even my bloody job, but that's neither here nor there) are going to require you and I to take a walk to the other side of the building to actually sit down at the machine and find what you need. Yes, every time. No exceptions. And yes, it is pretty annoying for both of us.

It's cool, though. I don't mind doing it. How else are you going to find them, yeah? And it's not like I'm engaged in anything so world-shatteringly important that I can't take the time.

That being said, it is not necessary to act surprised every time you make such a request when I tell you that I can't do it from my desk and we need to go down to the software lab and dick around on someone else's computer for a while. It doesn't make the issue any less annoying if you convince me that you didn't *mean* to make that necessary, even if I believed you. And it's not that big a deal anyway. Let's just accept that it's a necessary evil and move on.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:35 pm UTC

Slightly related rant: People who continue to profusely apologise after you've told them you don't mind, or it wasn't their fault, etc. Maybe this is more of a problem in Canada than elsewhere.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:44 pm UTC

I think that's just being polite, really. I can see how it'd be irritating though.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:50 pm UTC

Sorry about that...
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:18 pm UTC

Sorry. That's one of my most annoying habits. I apologise.

Apparently I do it a lot when drunk.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:24 am UTC

Hyphe wrote:Amarantha: make fashionable things yourself. :P It's way more fun and you get things that actually fit. Eventually.
Hehe thanks, that is good advice :) I do make some things myself. But my skill level thus far is not up to, say, making tailored-and-lined pants, or structuring fine knitwear. So I'm still stuck with awkward-and-scruffy for the immediate future, whether I make or buy :P (The main reason I'm stressing atm is because I'm time-limited by the need to get together some outfits suitable for a trip to Europe this Dec/Jan.)
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:15 am UTC

Insignificant Deifaction wrote:
Torvaun wrote:Am I the only one who remembers ThorFluff?

No.

I suppose I'll take a shot at this poetical rant stuff. . . my poetry is never up to my standards, however. For that reason, don't expect consistent rhyme schemes.

Spoilers for length.

Spoiler:
Title: Effacement

Why

In the beginning,
they loved you.
Then they controlled you,
and raped you,
hurt you.
'Be the me I never was,'
they never thought it through.
For what if you do?
They don't like themselves,
and they will hate you.

A lifeless puppet,
purposeless and alone:
All they ever wanted.
Anyone could gather your strings!
Make you dance their jig.
But you didn't become one!

Person

As you grew,
so did your independence.
They shunned you.
Your peers wanted to use,
everything they could,
to make you theirs,
and empty still.

Nobody ever told you the truth.
That you were beautiful,
intelligent, wonderful.
It would assist you,
in your youth.
Why would they?
Without confidence,
manipulation is simple.

To The First I Address

And how!
Now he seeks your hand,
in lawfully wedded bliss!
Yet you fret and worry!
You feel unworthy,
that he will grow tired,
and leave you to your own device.
That risk you must accept,
just as you must yourself.

I cannot help you,
as I once did.
You are his now,
and to him you must turn,
for I cannot be your crutch,
now that you have learned,
that love does exist,

Even for you.

To The Second I Address

I hardly know this creature,
this source of delight.
I feel as though I always have,
when upon her my thoughts alight.

Is it that I know her pain?
The days unending,
never good enough.
Tearing herself apart,
with an undeserved loathing,
for everything she is,
every flaw to be erased.
Her, to be erased.

Even so, I failed her.
It walked right by me.
She said it with a smile,
And I wanted her happy.
So selfishly, unknowingly,
did I crassly abandon her.

I am so sorry.

Debacle

Even knowing as I do,
I ruined everything.
I deserved it, too.
To have it all detonate in my face.
What will I do?

I will do my best.
Make amends.
Give my heart freely,
pinned upon my chest.

*sqeak of joy* I am rememberd!
Also, I_D that was some poetry right there. Beautiful. Hope i'm not to forward detecting some of yourself and your SO in there?
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Daojia
Location: A vast, desolate and uninhabitable island north of Tasmania

Postby Daojia » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:42 pm UTC

GraphiteGirl wrote:Does anybody else think there should be
A breakup thread just for slam poetry?

It would be just as angry and morose,
That said, it might be witty and verbose.

Alpha Omicron wrote:Slightly related rant: People who continue to profusely apologise after you've told them you don't mind, or it wasn't their fault, etc. Maybe this is more of a problem in Canada than elsewhere.

I have a friend who is famous for this. He'd apologise to a mugger. He's so modest, our favourite way to piss him off is surround him and compliment him mercilessly until he's driven to violence. I mean, seriously, politeness can only take you so far.
Sapere aude.

Eastwinn

Postby Eastwinn » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:06 am UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:Slightly related rant: People who continue to profusely apologise after you've told them you don't mind, or it wasn't their fault, etc. Maybe this is more of a problem in Canada than elsewhere.

This probably stems from the fact that people will say "I don't mind" or "it's no big deal" when it is, in fact, a moderately sized deal or they do, in fact, mind. Realizing this, some people really want to drive the point home. Their intentions are great, so I don't mind.
http://aselliedraws.tumblr.com/ - surreal sketches and characters.

Gentlelady

Postby Gentlelady » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:40 am UTC

I took a nap and woke up sick. I also woke up to my computer being fucked over by my sister. It's taken me an hour to fix what she's done. My fucking house smells like cigarette smoke and makes me gag. I still have yet to go to the store to get groceries, and I feel so shitty I'm not going to anytime soon.

I love take out/delivery.
d33p wrote:And Karma rode upon a pale horse, and GentleLady followed behind.
sleepygamer wrote:Once you go sleepy you never go backy.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:42 am UTC

ThorFluff: How could I forget?

Also, neither person I spoke of was any of my domestic accomplices.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:45 am UTC

Dear person who stole the bin at work,
Fuck you and your mother and your mother's mother.
Thanks,
Megan.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:30 pm UTC

I am constantly amazed by the ability of people around me (in real life) to find ways to blame me for their actions.

Yesterday I had a friend basically tell me I should kill myself (Long story involving me moving and him being upset about this fact).

So I told him that was a pretty messed up thing to say. He then decided that I was doing the wrong thing by telling him that, and proceeded to smear me on both Twitter and Facebook for saying that encouraging someone to kill themselves is messed up.

Yet I know, should I actually say anything, in the group I hang out with I'll be the one ridiculed and ostracized for having the nerve to open my mouth and tell someone when they're being wrong.

I keep trying to find in this situation where I made a mistake. Because I do try to accept personal responsibility for my actions, but I just can't manage to wrap my head around "Me telling you that encouraging ANYONE to commit suicide is messed up, much less when you direct that sentiment at ME, is wrong".

Moo

Postby Moo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:40 pm UTC

kgirlfae, you are absolutely right and sounds to me like moving might not be the worst thing in the world for you... :?

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:45 pm UTC

Uh, those "friends" and that "friend" don't sound like they are worthy of your friendship.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:14 pm UTC

Thanks guys :D

He has attempted an apology, and I'm inclined to just let it go and see if we can patch things up. I can sometimes let my temper get the better of me, and it is something i have to constantly work on.

That being said, I'm still a little upset about it, and his apology was rather... vague? So I'm really just not sure how to feel.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:47 am UTC

My car has been broken into a second time. I bought the car in April and it has been broken into twice since then. They took the stereo, so the only consolation I have is to imagine the looks on the thieves' faces when they try to sell it and realise it's worthless.

Fuck it, if this happens a few more times, I'll have paid for the car over again in window replacements. Stupid low life chav bastard scum. :evil:
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Magilla

Postby Magilla » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:20 am UTC

Well crap.

Honda discontinued the VTR250 last year, so when I bought a bike this year, I bought the comparatively poor looking CBF250. Now Honda have reversed their decision, re-releasing the VTR with fuel injection, and canning the CBF instead.

Dear Honda: thanks a lot. Now I'll be lucky to get $2k for it when I sell next year, if I don't drop it.

HOW FRUSTRATION!

rnew
RAAAAAAGGGHHH I'M A DINOSAUR

Postby rnew » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:05 am UTC

Hey you,
Yeah you over there next to the air conditioning.

Turn it the fuck on, it's hot..
Meowgan wrote:Rnew, you're so hot. Boom!
Zohar wrote:Seriously rnew, I cannot get over how awesome your avatar is. It brings up a smile every time I see it.

Return to “General”