Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

smw543

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby smw543 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:29 pm UTC

Brooker wrote:See it all makes sense. Back on topic, why does it have to rain as soon as i consider going to lunch. Its late July dammit, didn't you get the memo weather, you're supposed to be warm.

Warm and wet are not mutually exclusive. See: Florida in June/July. In fact, this is the first time in a while that I've come to this thread and didn't consider posting a rant about how gorram hot and wet it is (also, lightning that knocks the power out roughly once a day.)
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Brooker

Postby Brooker » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:59 pm UTC

Ok maybe i was being vague when i said warm, i meant not pissing down with rain and cold. I'm not too fussy, i'd just like to get to the garage and back without walking into the school looking like a drowned rat.

Lord Aurora

Postby Lord Aurora » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:04 pm UTC

Brooker wrote:Ok maybe i was being vague when i said warm, i meant not pissing down with rain and cold. I'm not too fussy, i'd just like to get to the garage and back without walking into the school looking like a drowned rat.
ImageGross, dude.
Decker wrote:Children! Children! There's no need to fight. You're ALL stupid.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Re: Rant Thread

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:10 pm UTC

Lord Aurora wrote:you're an absentminded little fuckwit.

HEY. :evil:

I'm 6 foot 5. I am NOT little.

:P

Have you ever driven? Because if the answer is yes, I guarantee you have forgotten to signal at some point whether you realise it or not. If the answer is no, then you have no right to be judgemental.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Plasma Man
Location: Northampton, Northampton, Northampton middle England.

Postby Plasma Man » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:14 pm UTC

Could my body please stop disintegrating? My thighs hurt for no reason, I've broken a fingernail and part of one of my caps has chipped off.
Please note that despite the lovely avatar Sungura gave me, I am not a medical doctor.

Possibly my proudest moment on the fora.

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:29 pm UTC

Some people lack basic understanding for how computer systems work, also for how laws work. If you are one of these people please shut your goddamned yap and let me help you. When you call us we try to help, this doesn't work unless you can be at least a little bit cooperative. We do not have magical mind-reading powers so when you go "I have a problem" it does not tell us much more than that you have a problem. Also computer systems are a bit strange at times, sometimes something will not work the first time, but it will the second time you try it. This does not mean our systems are horrible and we should all burn in hell, nor that we've set it up like that on purpose just to annoy you. Also, we are not immune to computer problems ourself, so getting snappy at us because we actually have loading time when remote controlling your computer when you are on a shitty ISDN-moden from the dark ages is not going to make us very happy or helpful.

Sigh.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:Have you ever driven? Because if the answer is yes, I guarantee you have forgotten to signal at some point whether you realise it or not. If the answer is no, then you have no right to be judgemental.
What, you think I don't curse at myself and so on when I notice I've forgotten to signal? I've got pockets full of pointy things and a fist that realizes it's aiming at it's controller about a second too late. The pain helps me remember.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Lord Aurora

Postby Lord Aurora » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:42 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:Have you ever driven?
No, I just like to rant about things that I have no experience with. Next Week: Airplane Piloting!

SlyReaper wrote:Because if the answer is yes, I guarantee you have forgotten to signal at some point whether you realise it or not. If the answer is no, then you have no right to be judgemental.
I always use my turn signal. I'm not perfect (sometimes I do bad things like cut in line) but this is one thing I cannot stand.
Decker wrote:Children! Children! There's no need to fight. You're ALL stupid.

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:51 pm UTC

I just found out that Wheel of Fortune is ditching the Free Spin next season, instead opting to put a 'Free Play' space on the wheel where a contestant can pick a letter (any letter) and not lose their turn if it's not in the puzzle.

This fills me with much more rage than it should.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:24 pm UTC

Why can't I just not want to do drugs? Fuck you brain.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." Hunter S. Thompson

"Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all." Neutral Milk Hotel

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:35 pm UTC

@krynd: We should hang! People have actually hidden my books, not often as I thought it should have happened, but they still did. part of it was reading in class when I shouldn't. I just got became bored and felt I could learn more from the book! Except in math class...anyways.

I'm not such "high class" because I can't afford it. Maybe one day...but Holister scares me! It's so dark in there and people give me funny looks... It makes me want to hide in the nearest book store..or hot topic..because they have tutus!! I LOVE TUTUS

<Insert Rant Here from Mother in the very near future today>
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:49 pm UTC

Why does my sister feel the need to blast the exact opposite music from my tastes, while the subwoofer is under my computer? It is rattling things, and I don't like how it's starting to sound. In fact, I very much dislike the sounds it is making.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:56 pm UTC

Accidentally kick the wires out of the back.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:58 pm UTC

It's all fancy and wired through the wood in the desk. This is a temporary place for my computer. So unfortunately that isn't a valid option.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

Magilla

Re: facebook doesn't let me use html or bbcode?

Postby Magilla » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:01 am UTC

Lord Aurora wrote:
Unrelated...is...is that Jazz Jackrabbit?

Holy. Fuck.

Yes.

Yes, yes it is. I acquired the avatar for the bunnies theme.
They perceive my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and have thus concluded that I am of Caucasian decent, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:23 am UTC

My fucking head fucking hurts! Why did the doctor give me Nitroglycerin for headaches? Doesn't NG cause headaches?
uurrrrggghhh
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

Aetia

Postby Aetia » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:27 am UTC

Someone decided to use my hoodie as a hand towel. There's what looks to be flour and some gooey white buttery substance all over it. I don't wear it often because there's lettering on the back that I don't want to wash off (If anyone's heard of ATP, it's the hoodie they sold at ATP:NY last year). It was pretty expensive and ggahhhh. All that stuff better come off and there better not be weird dark spots from the greasy stuff.
Want to speak what I've seen. Want to reach what I've dreamed. Want to be kind.

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:53 am UTC

Aetia wrote:...some gooey white buttery substance...
I think I know what that substance may be.

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:57 am UTC

Aetia wrote:Someone decided to use my hoodie as a hand towel.

That's so not cool, by any stretch of reasoning or logic. You should find out who did this and use their pillow case as a kleenex.
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff

Aetia

Postby Aetia » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:12 am UTC

I'm pretty sure it's vegan butter, not semen. There's only two other people here and they're both female. xD It also helps figure out who did it, as one is my boyfriend's mom and she's the sweetest person I've ever meet and then my boyfriend's sister, who is less than caring about people and their property.

Edit: Oh geez, apparently it was my boyfriend's mom. She used it to get her dinner out of the oven. Now I feel bad for thinking it was his sister. :(
Want to speak what I've seen. Want to reach what I've dreamed. Want to be kind.

rheakith

Postby rheakith » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:24 am UTC

My dog is going to have to be put down, even though there is an alternative (although somewhat expensive) solution that would solve the problem. :|
He has cancer in his front left ankle, a nonspreading kind, which has him in so much pain (despite the meds that he's on) that he hasn't been able to put weight on it in 6 months. My mom and stepdad just want to put him down to put him out of his misery as opposed to amputating the leg for ~$800, their reasoning being that he's 11 and wouldn't be around much longer anyway. This really pisses me off since I've had him for over 10 years now; I have grown up with this dog, and even though I'm in college now and away from home quite a bit I still love him to death.

ARGGGG

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:32 am UTC

Aetia, I wouldn't suspect someone's mom of doing something like that, so don't feel bad.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:58 pm UTC

rheakith wrote:My dog is going to have to be put down, even though there is an alternative (although somewhat expensive) solution that would solve the problem. :|
He has cancer in his front left ankle, a nonspreading kind, which has him in so much pain (despite the meds that he's on) that he hasn't been able to put weight on it in 6 months. My mom and stepdad just want to put him down to put him out of his misery as opposed to amputating the leg for ~$800, their reasoning being that he's 11 and wouldn't be around much longer anyway. This really pisses me off since I've had him for over 10 years now; I have grown up with this dog, and even though I'm in college now and away from home quite a bit I still love him to death.

ARGGGG

No pet insurance?

I'm sorry about your dog. I know I'm going to be absolutely devastated when my dog goes. :(
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

lesliesage

Postby lesliesage » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:07 pm UTC

deleted
Last edited by lesliesage on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

singlefin

Postby singlefin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:15 pm UTC

lesliesage wrote:Holy shit. Black man arrested for entering his own home. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/#32056612 He's 58, 5'7", walks with a cane, and lives in a nice neighborhood. His white neighbor, unable to imagine a black man had any reason to be entering a home in her neighborhood, called 911.

I can't decide if that's more ensaddening or enraging, but even if there was a sad thread, this story would still belong here. Wonder if the neighbour managed to apologise. Somehow, I doubt it.

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:22 pm UTC

[Obvious remarks about absurdity of all this]
Secondarily, good gosh. I'm not asking this just to be a dick, but is there a single political talking points show in America, where the presenter actually lets people say what they want to without interrupting?* I... kinda wanna punch Chris Matthews a bit.

*i think i remember one with Bill Maher, but not sure that counts.
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:24 pm UTC

Blokey wrote:[Obvious remarks about absurdity of all this]
Secondarily, good gosh. I'm not asking this just to be a dick, but is there a single political talking points show in America, where the presenter actually lets people say what they want to without interrupting?* I... kinda wanna punch Chris Matthews a bit.

If they did, the person would talk for hours and it would all be very one-sided.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:27 pm UTC

I would have been more specific, but now I see that it would be entirely rhetorical (hahaha) to add the qualifier that someone not interrupt someone who is threatening their safe-little-worldview with rational thought. Heh. C'est la vie.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:30 pm UTC

Chfan wrote:

If they did, the person would talk for hours and it would all be very one-sided.
Here's what I usually see

Chris : Jan, could you explain how the housing crisis happened?
Jan : Sure, Chris. I suppose the simplest way is to-
Chris : No need to dumb it down for us, just tell us!
Jan : Uh.. right. So to understand that, you need to understand how banks work mortgages. When-
Chris : So it's the bank's fault?"
Jan : Chris, can you kindly shut the fuck up for two goddamn minutes so I can
Chris : And now you're cursing! Worst guest ever! Tom, your take!
Tom : DEMOCRATS DID IT!
Chris : Thanks Tom!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

lesliesage

Postby lesliesage » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:32 pm UTC

puzzle
Last edited by lesliesage on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. N

Postby Mr. N » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:18 pm UTC

Aetia wrote:it's the hoodie they sold at ATP:NY last year

I instinctively thought that was a stock ticker. It made me giggle anyways.

Armadillo: Looks like they're trying to speed up the game. I agree with you. Less chances for landing on the prize wedges.
Your momma eats Pop Tarts!

rheakith

Postby rheakith » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:28 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
rheakith wrote:My dog is going to have to be put down, even though there is an alternative (although somewhat expensive) solution that would solve the problem. :|

ARGGGG

No pet insurance?

I'm sorry about your dog. I know I'm going to be absolutely devastated when my dog goes. :(
Nope, no pet insurance, and they can't justify spending the 800 on the amputation when they've already spend $2000 on vet visits, x-rays, a biopsy, and pain pills.

This thoroughly depresses me, and I want to be there when it happens, which means I may cry, which I don't like to do. :\

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:05 am UTC

Losing a dog is awful. Mine died suddenly a few weeks ago. I only have one real regret at the moment- I didn't say goodbye.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

krynd

Postby krynd » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:49 am UTC

Cytoplasm wrote:@krynd: We should hang! People have actually hidden my books, not often as I thought it should have happened, but they still did. part of it was reading in class when I shouldn't. I just got became bored and felt I could learn more from the book! Except in math class...anyways.

I'm not such "high class" because I can't afford it. Maybe one day...but Holister scares me! It's so dark in there and people give me funny looks... It makes me want to hide in the nearest book store..or hot topic..because they have tutus!! I LOVE TUTUS

<Insert Rant Here from Mother in the very near future today>

I don't consider myself "high class" either. I simply aspire to be (while somehow not becomming a douchebag, which sje46 reminded me is all too possible). As it is right now, a good 80% of my clothes come from bargain retailers. The few "high-end" clothes I have are mostly gifts from girlfriends past (which I mostly refuse to wear for obvious reasons) or purchases I saved a bit for. Still, once you've tasted the softness of good fabric on your body, you really don't look forward to wearing scractchy low-end stuff (especially not the clothes that fall apart after a brief timespan).

About the people hiding your books thing: just beat them.

Spoiler:
Well, don't. You'll look like a douche then. I've just had an "awesome" day where I made an ass of myself and now feel like beating people for trivially annoying me, and reading happens to be a self-immersive hobby of mine.

Micro-rant: why don't I have a voice in my head that tells me to shut up? Talking louder or faster will not make me new friends, especially when, in doing so, I usually resort to extremely flawed logic that would make a two year-old cry. In other words, I must learn to become as stoic as the Vulcans and forbid myself from getting excited about things. It is the only way...

Ok, it's not, but it's a stopgap solution until I develop a proper mental filter.
Dangermouse wrote:I hope this doesn't mirror too much of what you've read--and btw, you should read less and do more. No one takes good pictures or runs a marathon sitting on their couch surfing the internet.

WCG xkcd team

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:59 am UTC

DAMN IT TO HELL! I screwed up quite big at work and it annoys me. It is getting to me much more than it should. I should of realized what I was doing. But i didnt, and its killing me. My work mate telling me off over and over is not helping.Yes I get it I fucked up, I feel bad, and I am trying to fix it.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:53 am UTC

Aw :( *hugs Gojoe*

@Blokey, Paxman does that. Listen, I hate you Jeremy Paxman.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:55 am UTC

Thanks Moo. I am trying to make myself better by looking at going to Sydney. It is working thankfully.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:27 am UTC

:shock: Whenwhenwhen?
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:29 am UTC

The fourth of August!!! WOOOOOOOT! I have decided on going. Nothing can stop me now!

now should I spend 50 extra dollars on plane tickets and go a day earlier?

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:42 pm UTC

Considering he once appeared on Celebrity Jeopardy! and tried to answer before he rang in about five or six times, I can't say that surprises me.

Mr. N wrote:Armadillo: Looks like they're trying to speed up the game. I agree with you. Less chances for landing on the prize wedges.

Oh, definitely. Note that if the contestant hits that and picks a bad letter, they could edit out the spin entirely if they wanted to.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

Return to “General”