Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

CueBall

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby CueBall » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:58 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:
CueBall wrote:Shit's just hit the fan.

Let's see.

Ah yeah. That. That helps.
:( *twitch* I will not react.

Sorry if I triggered.
Spoiler:
Zohar wrote:Cueball is being generally hilarious today.
Sungura wrote:Cueball, I...I...
<3
Box Boy wrote:Now let us wait for the outcome of CueBall's fight to the death!

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:59 pm UTC

It's ok. I just want you to be ok. :\
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

CueBall

Postby CueBall » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:03 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:It's ok. I just want you to be ok. :\

I'm working on. Or more, trying not to. >.<
Spoiler:
Zohar wrote:Cueball is being generally hilarious today.
Sungura wrote:Cueball, I...I...
<3
Box Boy wrote:Now let us wait for the outcome of CueBall's fight to the death!

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:08 pm UTC

(This is from a story I'm helping someone edit.)

Now, let's say that you have Person H and Person T, along with a huge crowd of nondescript "friends". Now, this chain of events occurs.

• H goes towards T.
  • H goes and tackles T, knocking T to the ground.
  • H starts making out with T while zhe is still shocked because of what had just happened and unable to express any emotion about hir situation.
  • Everyone laughs at T's shocked reaction while H is trying to 'kiss T passionately'.

Now, you stupid little prick, H just sexually assaulted T. All of the nameless, vapid little insects that are watching are being giant douches for letting H keep doing that to T and not helping T get H off of hir. I don't know why you continue to insist that what I just said isn't true. It isn't negated by the fact that T, after figuring out what was happening, decided to start kissing H back (though that's something the material for a different rant altogether). I don't know how you keep justifying this to yourself, but the reason you gave me for having your characters act the way that they do won't cut it for me. It really shouldn't have taken me 10 minutes to try to explain this to you. You really shouldn't be dense enough to think that it's okay, you dense, misguided child.

There's also the fact that you wrote that as a dare for someone to execute that, meaning that not just one but two people are dense enough to think that this is a good idea. The person who told H what to do , for suggesting such a stupid thing, and H for going through with what zhe was told to do! There's also the fact that after T "came to hir senses" and started kissing back, H's sibling started getting angry and wanted to go and beat T up. I'm going to ignore your weird brother complex for a moment and head to what really matters in terms of your story. How in the world is H's sibling be ok with H sexually assaulting T and when he's so furious when it turns into a consensual act!?

YOUR LOGIC MAKES NO SENSE, YOU IMMATURE LITTLE PRICK!
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

cmpwn

Postby cmpwn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:25 am UTC

RAWR! I spent several hours playing Mario Kart to try and get into the top ten in the tournament. I developed a very good strategy, but could never manage to pull it off perfectly, and never got my time below 51 seconds. The #10 spot is 31 seconds. GRRR!!!
-Sir Cmpwn
On 1/23/2012 I returned from inactivity to make a single post.

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:27 am UTC

cmpwn wrote:People are better than me at video games

Same here, that's why I hate MMOs. And I hate when XMoto informs me that although I beat the level, someone else did it in half the time.
Like, seriously, it's XMoto. It's not even that popular. Not to mention that maybe half of the levels simply require more coordination than I can get out of their often-misbehaving control cheme.

I don't like Xmoto. It's like Solitaire, I just play when I'm bored.

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:11 am UTC

Where the hell is my bowling ball
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

boring bore

Postby boring bore » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:16 am UTC

If I'm not mistaken (which I probably am), then the BCS National Championship is still being played, and TEXAS IS LOSING. I know absolutely NOTHING about football, and even I know that this is VERY BAD. UNACCEPTABLE!!!

By the way, I wasn't kidding when I said I knew nothing about football. So, McCoy is out for the game, they say? Would that make a huge difference in the outcome (I'm assuming it will)?
Guys you should totally register for this and join the xkcd team! Rath358 started us off and we're kinda small so the more people who join us, the better for our team and, hopefully, for humanity!

RetSpline

Postby RetSpline » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:28 am UTC

Oh come on Apple. I know I've never particularly liked your products, but I've been using iTunes for so long now! Everyone always complained about how terrible your program was, but I thought we had something special! You worked. But now... now you won't even install. You just sit there for 20 minutes, using up all of my processing power, eventually overheating my laptop! You should understand that you're the first program to do that in quite a while. Seriously. Just work. I would really like to start re-building my music collection so that I can actually re-sync with my iPod. I've been stuck with the same ~100 songs for too long now.

guyy

Postby guyy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:34 am UTC

NecklaceOfShadow wrote:zhe / hir

I mean no offense to your rant, but all these weird gender-neutral terms are getting a bit silly. Most of them don't even sound all that neutral. What's wrong with using they / their? It's the same plural+nonplural thing as lots of other words (sheep, data, buffalo...), and there's no need to argue over which new word to use because the word already exists, and already has no connection to gender at all.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:46 am UTC

Some people are willing to sacrifice a bullock or two of vocabulary before the altar of their gold, glimmering, yet hollow idol of grammar.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

boring bore

Postby boring bore » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:47 am UTC

To tell the truth, "zhe" and "hir" both sound femininely inclined to me. I didn't even bother to think that they were gender neutral, I just assumed that NoS's letters were jammed or something (especially stupid since the rest of the post had perfectly fine s's and e's).

I think "they" would sound about as unfitting, though.

MORE: THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!! It looks to me like Texas got SO CLOSE to beating Alabama, but now the game is lost with less than 2 minutes left! Correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: NOOOOOOOO! I wasn't wrong :( I shouldn't even be caring about this...
Guys you should totally register for this and join the xkcd team! Rath358 started us off and we're kinda small so the more people who join us, the better for our team and, hopefully, for humanity!

Vohu Manah
athlete's nipple.

Postby Vohu Manah » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:34 am UTC

boring bore wrote:
MORE: THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!! It looks to me like Texas got SO CLOSE to beating Alabama, but now the game is lost with less than 2 minutes left! Correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: NOOOOOOOO! I wasn't wrong :( I shouldn't even be caring about this...

My two favorite teams have both been beaten. Why? First it's TCU, now this? What the hell, Texas? Get the fuck back on your high pedestal and win something. It could be the National Mouthwash Gurgling Competition for all I care.
Isaac Hill wrote:If this tetonic plate's rockin' such that it registers no less than 6.1 on the Richter scale, don't come a knockin'.

Jedifreak

Postby Jedifreak » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:27 am UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:I've ranted about this here before, but it's still making me really angry to the point that part of a dream I had last night was about it.

You stupid people, stop stealing pizza from our club! It's honestly not about the pizza and it's also not about being Jewish or not like you seem to think it is. Being Jewish does not automatically mean you can take pizza from the Jew club. You can take pizza when you decide to actually come to our club and sit there the whole time. You guys are just mooching and being total assholes, but you don't understand it at all.

I recommend changing rooms or dates if possible, and not telling the moochers. Or get some laxatives, and sprinkle them on the first Pizza (if they can be disguised), and have the people you like show up late.
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?r=Jedifreak
http://www.geist-panik.com
Jin_Asias wrote:I still think Jedifreak runs off of a vast macro library

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:47 am UTC

Hehe, nice in theory, but none of that's really possible, unfortunately.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:36 pm UTC

boring bore wrote:By the way, I wasn't kidding when I said I knew nothing about football. So, McCoy is out for the game, they say? Would that make a huge difference in the outcome (I'm assuming it will)?

McCoy is pretty much the best quarterback in college football. He holds the all-time NCAA record for most games won by a QB, and he's been the leader of the team, the heart and soul of Texas if you will, for four years.

It would be like trying to replace one of Santa's reindeer with a Daschund, or running Windows in an iMac. It's that big a deal.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

Jedifreak

Postby Jedifreak » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:51 pm UTC

I just woke up form a nap, where I had two simultaneous nightmares. One was that I had slept through my first day of Calculus class, which happens in 40 minutes from now. The other, that something had gone wrong and all of my data had been completely destroyed from my computer. I have a backup, but I had erased it recently so that I could back up the new stuff on it, and haven't finished it yet.

I've never been so scared in my life *cries*

Thank you roommate who walked in and slammed the door! It woke me up from this hell.
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?r=Jedifreak
http://www.geist-panik.com
Jin_Asias wrote:I still think Jedifreak runs off of a vast macro library

Baldur

Postby Baldur » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:19 pm UTC

Get off the phone, we need to sort out tea! Gah!
Gojoe wrote:YOU ARE NOT LOLSAUR AT ALL ARE YOU!

phlip wrote:Hey, you never know, it could have been Baldur...

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:28 pm UTC

Me on Craigslist: Interested in a cool apartment? Take over my lease! My girlfriend and I want to travel, and our 600 ft single bedroom apartment with an east facing view is awesome! We're near restaurants and public transit, we have a gas burning stove and oven, have a dish washer in unit, and enormous closets! Rent is 950 a month, and we'll pay the first months rent!
Person1 replying to ad: How big is your apartment, and how many bedrooms?
Person2 replying to ad: Do you have gas or electric stoves?
Person3 replying to ad: I worry about being to far from public transport, will I be able to use it at your apartment?

/facepalm
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:43 pm UTC

You should reply with something like

"Thanks for your interest in renting my apartment. Unfortunately I'm forced to immediately disqualify you from renting since it is immediately apparent you didn't even bother to read the ad."

Also: 950/month for 600 sq ft single bedroom? And here I complain about $900 for 1200 sq ft 2 bedroom 1.5 bath.

Then again I was paying $500 for a similar unit back in Arkansas, so I'll always complain about how much property costs. Hmph
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:33 pm UTC

Heh, "Dear Person Interested in my apartment. You are dumb. I hate you. People of your caliber are why our society is full of contemptible half wits. Also, I'd be happy to show you the apartment anytime tomorrow, please stop by and consider subletting my place!"

It is an expensive place for the size, but I live pretty close to the city, in a pretty trendy area, in good proximity to public transit. A friend of mine lives about half an hour north of the city, just south of Evanston, and pays what I do for nearly 3x as much space.

It's a trade off. I live near my parents, near the train, near bars, and near friends. Also, my neighborhood is safe, and my girlfriend is <100lbs, so, it was a nice transition from Hyde Park, where we hear about shootings, muggings, and rapes on a monthly basis.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Levi

Postby Levi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:... Hyde Park, where we hear about shootings, muggings, and rapes on a monthly basis.

A very aptly named place, it seems.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:04 pm UTC

I suppose, the real problem is Washington Park which is just west of it.

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:04 am UTC

JUST BECAUSE MY NAME LOOKS GIRLY DOESN'T MEAN THAT I AM A GIRL!

And really, Emi isn't that feminine... //_r

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:21 am UTC

NecklaceOfShadow wrote:JUST BECAUSE MY NAME LOOKS GIRLY DOESN'T MEAN THAT I AM A GIRL!

Sorry, but it looks like a variation of Emily.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:05 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:
NecklaceOfShadow wrote:JUST BECAUSE MY NAME LOOKS GIRLY DOESN'T MEAN THAT I AM A GIRL!

Sorry, but it looks like a variation of Emily.

I know... //_x

Now, for my actual rant:

WHAT THE HELL PROMPTED YOU TO WRITE A STORY IN WHICH HITLER AND JESUS CHRIST GET INTO A RELATIONSHIP? WHAT PROMPTED YOU TO TRY TO COPYRIGHT THE TWO CHARACTERS!?

...Sometimes I really hate humanity //_v

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:23 am UTC

Oh fanfics...

Where the fuck did i put my bowling ball
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:36 am UTC

I don't know about the copyrighting, but the idea that someone would write RPS about Jesus and Hitler is hilarious. That's what fanfic is there for - write it just because you can. Same reason why someone would write Care Bears brutal monsterfuck. (Yes. It's still held up as one of the most legendary moments ever produced in recent fandom. To say that a lot can be forgiven if you execute it well is to say something completely true.)
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:40 am UTC

I am going to despise my next project, which deals with fixing some horribly buggy code.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

Daojia
Location: A vast, desolate and uninhabitable island north of Tasmania

Postby Daojia » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:37 am UTC

Zohar wrote:I am going to despise my next project, which deals with fixing some horribly buggy code.

So, it's like a pre-emptive rant? My angry sense is tingling.

It seems that my laptop, once good for a myriad of useful and entertaining things, has learned two NEW THINGS TO DO at the expense of all the others. Firstly, with the power off, it is a truly exceptional paperweight or doorstop. I live in a draughty house and my door doesn't close properly, so I consider myself something of a doorstop connoisseur; my opinion on it's efficacy is somewhat informed. It really is very good.

Secondly - and here's where it gets exciting - when you turn the power on it is a truly remarkable, sexily designed Apple iRadiator. Both fans run at full pelt and all they do is serve to waft titanic waves of heat through my cold and draughty room. As for doing anything it used to do, well, some functionality had to be cut in the process of these exciting new features. As a consumer, I'll have to run with this as there seems to be no way to fix it.

I hate broken laptops, I hate being poor.
Sapere aude.

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 am UTC

Daojia wrote:my cold and draughty room

You are in a very different Melbourne, VIC, Australia than the rest of us.

crickets

Postby crickets » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:27 am UTC

I am extremely frustrated about things which i cannot post here given that it will make many people very angry at me. This realization increases my frustration. Thus i'm trapped in a cycle of irritation, and i really just want to take a nap.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 am UTC

Hawknc wrote:

On a related note, FUCK THIS WEATHER.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 am UTC

crickets wrote:I am extremely frustrated about things which i cannot post here given that it will make many people very angry at me. This realization increases my frustration. Thus i'm trapped in a cycle of irritation, and i really just want to take a nap.

Umm...

Why don't you try writing yourself a letter about it? Write everything down and maybe even mail it to yourself so you can look at it later...

You could also try to find a friend or a pillow you could talk/scream into to discuss your problems...

...Or napping. That always works too.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:34 am UTC

GraphiteGirl wrote:
Hawknc wrote:

See also: Adelaide
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:01 am UTC

GraphiteGirl wrote:
Hawknc wrote:

Ditto (even though our weather is obviously vastly different). We haven't been above freezing since Christmas.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby Toeofdoom » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:28 am UTC

It just hit 43 inside (109 F). Awesome.

Although, I really don't mind that much for now, as long as I have plenty of water I can stand not playing 3D games for a while.
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

Daojia
Location: A vast, desolate and uninhabitable island north of Tasmania

Postby Daojia » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:59 am UTC

Hawknc wrote:

At the moment I'm in Tasmania (shh), which is a little colder that the rest of the country, though not by much. And it was cold at the time my laptop decided to become a $3000 electric heater. Also, it's a rant. Thus, I'm entitled to my hyperbole.
Sapere aude.

Chai Kovsky

Postby Chai Kovsky » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:11 am UTC

Non-feminists make me cry sometimes. They really do. The part where I can't get out of a conversation without emotional manipulation when I just want the shit to stop and there isn't a damn thing I can do unless I want him to get mad at me? Almost as fun as when that entire conversation is about how it's disrespectful and ad hominem to call someone out on privilege and because we were having that very discussion I couldn't yell at him "The reason you even think that is that you're scared your sexist views won't be taken seriously because someone will call you out on your privilege!" He's a very smart non-feminist, but that was such a dick move and it went on for hours before he finally did get pissed just because he called BOTH of us idiots for continuing the discussion to such a late hour when I never wanted to have it in the first place and kept asking to stop!

I'm pissed, sad, and want hugs.
Spoiler:
kellsbells wrote:¡This Chai is burning me!
Chai Kovsky wrote:I can kill you with my brain.

That is all.
superglucose wrote:In other words: LISTEN TO CHAI.
Delayra wrote:Yet another brilliant idea from Chai!

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

Secateurs

Postby Secateurs » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:15 am UTC

Daojia wrote:
Hawknc wrote:
At the moment I'm in Tasmania (shh), which is a little colder that the rest of the country, though not by much. And it was cold at the time my laptop decided to become a $3000 electric heater. Also, it's a rant. Thus, I'm entitled to my hyperbole.
It's 24 in Perth at the moment. Life is good.
Er... on a ranty note, I'd planned to catch up with one of my friends today, but at the last minute they had to go shopping for school books. Emergency schoolbook shopping. Dammit. So now, I have perfect weather and nothing to do.

I still haven't got my books, and I'm slightly concerned about this fact.
Shivahn wrote:Given RNA, derive a spider monkey.

Return to “General”