Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!
Posts: 6986
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:14 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Hawknc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:39 pm UTC

Can't be many more to go...

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Zarq » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:41 pm UTC

Hawknc wrote:Can't be many more to go...


Just at the moment I found a temporary solution (disabling signatures in the User Control Panel)
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
Kang
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:30 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Kang » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:42 pm UTC

I would have appreciated it, though, if the pagetopper would have been Moo saying: «Sorry about that, but I can't be bothered to change it.» (I know that's perfectly unrealistic but it would have had comedic value!)

User avatar
OBrien
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby OBrien » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:54 pm UTC

... seems to have gone now anyway.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby bigglesworth » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:15 am UTC

Hawknc wrote:Can't be many more to go...
0 to go/10
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
torontoraptor
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby torontoraptor » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:49 am UTC

Hey! Page 404 :D

First rant: University food workers who go on strike causing you to not have time to get lunch and be very hungry.

Second rant: Bus unions who in support of the strike don't go onto the campus, making my morning commute that much more unpleasant and long.

Third rant: Police who have constantly kicked people out of the small local bar because it has a ridiculously low capacity and people like drinking inside on cold winter nights. Yes it is your job to enforce the law, but somehow I think there are other things for you to do then go to the same bar every day several times to check how many people are there.

Fourth rant: She was giving off strong 'I like you' vibes. Now she's giving off strong 'I don't like you except as a friend' hints. I didn't even ask you out yet, or give any hints that I might like you back!

Today was not the funnest of days.
Promicin wrote:Now if I can just grab on with my tongue-like foot... wait. I am not a mussel.

pseudoidiot wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:fucking owls is enjoyable.
Someone should sig this

User avatar
Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs
Posts: 6598
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 am UTC
Location: Colorado

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Thesh » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:56 am UTC

torontoraptor wrote:Yes it is your job to enforce the law, but somehow I think there are other things for you to do then go to the same bar every day several times to check how many people are there.


Why do people always say this? What else could they have to do? Unless they get a call, they really don't have anything else to do (other than drive around, and enforce minor laws that annoy people and cause the same response).
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

User avatar
torontoraptor
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby torontoraptor » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:15 am UTC

Thesh wrote:
torontoraptor wrote:Yes it is your job to enforce the law, but somehow I think there are other things for you to do then go to the same bar every day several times to check how many people are there.


Why do people always say this? What else could they have to do? Unless they get a call, they really don't have anything else to do (other than drive around, and enforce minor laws that annoy people and cause the same response).


They have been to this bar practically every night this year, and definitely every weeknight. There has never been a violent incident in the two years I've been going to the bar, even though its in a residential area there are almost never noise complaints, and there are a large number of other bars in the area that are just as crowded and noisy, but are hardly ever bothered.
Promicin wrote:Now if I can just grab on with my tongue-like foot... wait. I am not a mussel.

pseudoidiot wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:fucking owls is enjoyable.
Someone should sig this

User avatar
Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs
Posts: 6598
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 am UTC
Location: Colorado

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Thesh » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:16 am UTC

In that case, I got nothing. Unless someone is actually calling and complaining about it.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

User avatar
The EGE
not very good at pickup limes
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby The EGE » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:23 am UTC

Hoooooly shit. The snow started at 10 pm. It's just past midnight now, and we've got six inches already. Not normal at all for coastal Connecticut.
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.

User avatar
Torvaun
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm UTC
Location: 47°9′S, 126°43′W
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Torvaun » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 am UTC

Fuck you, stomach. And all your associated GI components. There's absolutely no good reason for everything I put into my body to get forcibly expelled from one end or the other.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

User avatar
Kewangji
Has Been Touched
Posts: 2255
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Kewangji » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:43 am UTC

I have ambitions for this year, and I want it to be nicer to me.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

User avatar
Kang
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:30 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Kang » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:22 pm UTC

torontoraptor wrote:They have been to this bar practically every night this year, and definitely every weeknight. There has never been a violent incident in the two years I've been going to the bar, even though its in a residential area there are almost never noise complaints, and there are a large number of other bars in the area that are just as crowded and noisy, but are hardly ever bothered.

See how well that police presence works out? :lol:

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Zarq » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:17 pm UTC

I'm starting to get really, really, really, really nervous for my exam on Monday. I know my stuff, why am I so nervous? Oh right, the fact that the exam is composed as to give us time pressure. I can't work well under pressure. I hate these type of exams.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
Jumble
Posts: 1184
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:48 am UTC
Location: London(ish), UK.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Jumble » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:26 pm UTC

Ok, I'm going to do something I've not before on this thread and have a techy rant. So, I've got an old Vaio C1MGP. Nice in it's time but outdated now. I've not used it for a couple of years since I upgraded onto a more powerful XP laptop. This week I got it into my head to rebuild this machine as a linux laptop.

Not easy, putting Linux on a Vaio. 1st problem is the non-standard plug-in CDRom. Next is that to get onto the Internet you have to unplug the cd and plug in a WLAN card. However, after a week of mucking around I get ubuntu to work. It even dual boots with the old XP partition. No idea how I did it, but clearly I am a genius, etc. Until today.

Today I thought I would agree to download the security patches, etc. This included an upgrade of grub. No problem, I think. They've had time to iron out any problems. They wouldn't auto-install anything risky. Linux is a proper, grown-up operating system now.

And that was the last time the machine booted further than the enormously unhelpful 'grub rescue' prompt. My path is strewn with cow-pats from the devils own satanic herd.

@zarq: good luck for Monday. No one likes time pressure tests. Just tell yourself that you are probably no more nervous than everyone else. Tried 'bachs rescue remedy'?
Spoiler:
Giant Speck wrote:You're a demon! DEMON!!!!

Oregonaut wrote:CURSE YOU VILLAIN!!
PhoenixEnigma wrote:Jumble is either the best or worst Santa ever, and I can't figure out which. Possibly both.

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Zarq » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:36 pm UTC

Jumble wrote: Tried 'bachs rescue remedy'?


What's that?
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:39 pm UTC

http://www.rescueremedy.com/

Stress relief thingy, apparently.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Zarq » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 pm UTC

/disappoint

I thought it was gonna be something involving Bach's music.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
Jumble
Posts: 1184
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:48 am UTC
Location: London(ish), UK.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Jumble » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:45 pm UTC

Sounds good. I suggest you try both....
Spoiler:
Giant Speck wrote:You're a demon! DEMON!!!!

Oregonaut wrote:CURSE YOU VILLAIN!!
PhoenixEnigma wrote:Jumble is either the best or worst Santa ever, and I can't figure out which. Possibly both.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ptolom » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:51 pm UTC

I have an exam on Monday too. Except I don't know my stuff. At least I know it all vaguely but I don't exam know it. I missed a lot of lessons and said I'd work from the book but I can't sit down and concentrate that long because my brain doesn't work properly. I should be feverishly revising now but I can't face it.
*hits side of skull with an iron ladle a few times*
Nah it's not helping

User avatar
NecklaceOfShadow
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 7:40 pm UTC
Location: In the alchemical aether
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 pm UTC

Spoilered, in case you weren't looking for advice.

Spoiler:
Stop. Don't study right now.

Take some time off. An hour or two to blow off some steam.

Then try again.
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

Chuff
CHOO CHOO I'M A TRAIN
Posts: 1018
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 am UTC
Location: The Purple Valley, Mass

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Chuff » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:59 pm UTC

Jumble wrote:Sounds good. I suggest you try both....

Yes, I think it would measure up.

What, was this not time for puns?
The Great Hippo wrote:The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.
addams wrote:How human of him. "If, they can do it, then, I can do it." Humans. Pfft. Poor us.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ptolom » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:04 pm UTC

You're probably right. I'm going to give it up for tonight I think and do some past papers tomorrow. I am the terrible at this studenting. I miss half the lessons due to failing to function at college and then miss any ameliorate work I could do at home because I can't function here either. I should have failed so hard by now, but I get by on residual smartishness and bloody mindedness.
Edit: Zarq, it's the time pressure that gets to me too. If I had as long as I wanted to work things out it wouldn't matter so much but the time pressure means you have to have everything at the front of you mind ready to be poured out onto paper. There's no time to think of anything yourself.

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Zarq » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:16 pm UTC

Ptolom wrote:I have an exam on Monday too. Except I don't know my stuff. At least I know it all vaguely but I don't exam know it. I missed a lot of lessons and said I'd work from the book but I can't sit down and concentrate that long because my brain doesn't work properly. I should be feverishly revising now but I can't face it.
*hits side of skull with an iron ladle a few times*
Nah it's not helping


Well, then good luck to you too!

That's probably gonna be me in 2/3 weeks, when studying for my last exam.

I have three exams this semester, first one is Monday, and is the most interesting course actually. A bit of Unix, LaTeX and XHTML/CSS. Only problem: a lot of stuff, not a lot of time --> stress.
Second one is the Monday after that. The easiest one. Basic proposition and predicate logic, simple proof-techniques (is that a word?), reduction/induction and Hoare-calculus (program verification). All very basic, and I've seen it all before (I tried engineering before this. This being computer science.). Only problem: nobody has a clue how the exam will be. For all we know, there's also gonna be time pressure and/or the exercices are gonna be more difficult --> stress
Third one is 2 weeks after that. The most difficult one. Bit of discrete mathematics: dicrete probability, formal power series, solving of differential equations, number theory (primes, divisors,...) and group theory. Also very basic. I've also seen all this stuff before. Problem: I didn't really study this course during the semester. I just read the material and read the solutions of the exercises and went "mmh, I can do this". --> shitload of stress.

I really hate exams. I really do. They're just 6 weeks of non-stop stress. Part of me wants to just quit, get a basic job and live my life. The other part of me says I can't do that for various reasons. The other part is correct. I hate that it's correct.

(I realise nobody asked for my exam schedule, but it's a rant. I know it doesn't look like one, but it is. )
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
OBrien
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby OBrien » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:25 pm UTC

Zarq wrote:I really hate exams. I really do. They're just 6 weeks of non-stop stress. Part of me wants to just quit, get a basic job and live my life. The other part of me says I can't do that for various reasons. The other part is correct. I hate that it's correct.

Amen. Do you also have a part of you that makes you want to run out of the room and cry as soon as you open the exam paper, even on exams you're well prepared for, know how to answer all the questions and have all the time in the world to do it in?
I do. The annoying thing is I didn't until the second year of my degree. How the hell am I suppoed to come up with a coping mechanism for that and pass my exams? I could have dealth with it during my GCSEs, or even A-levels, but during actual stuff that actually counts towards my actual degree? I can't spare time on finding ways to keep myself emotionly stable: I need to revise!

On aother note: Good luck to you all!
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

User avatar
NecklaceOfShadow
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 7:40 pm UTC
Location: In the alchemical aether
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:30 pm UTC

In a similar vein to this, do any of you have writing anxiety? You're told to write an essay, you're given ample time to plan and write, and even with that you can't force yourself to put words to a page?

It's just started this year. I don't think I've written a proper essay for school since August, though they've been assigned tons of times. I can't seem to make myself write. It's infuriating.
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ptolom » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:31 pm UTC

Mine is only AS further maths. I looked through the book and thought I could do most everything. But then I did a paper and I could do it. But over several hours while I worked everything out because I didn't really know it.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby bigglesworth » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:31 pm UTC

My friend is on Propanolol (lol!) for that.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Zarq » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:32 pm UTC

OBrien wrote:
Zarq wrote:I really hate exams. I really do. They're just 6 weeks of non-stop stress. Part of me wants to just quit, get a basic job and live my life. The other part of me says I can't do that for various reasons. The other part is correct. I hate that it's correct.

Amen. Do you also have a part of you that makes you want to run out of the room and cry as soon as you open the exam paper, even on exams you're well prepared for, know how to answer all the questions (and have all the time in the world to do it in?)


Yes. Except for the part between parentheses. I've never had such an exam before. They all had time-pressure. Some more than others, but they all did.
If I'd ever have an exam with those conditions (let's say the avarage solving time was 2 hours, and you've got 6 hours) I'd probably not have that. Or at least less severe. But as I said before: those don't exist.

It's probably fear of failure combined with the believe that it isn't really failure when I deliberately fail.

@NoS: I'm studying Computer Science, so I don't have to write essays. Thank Cthulhu for that. Because I probably would do that.
Last edited by Zarq on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ptolom » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:36 pm UTC

Heh essays. I dramatically failed all my GCSEs that involved them. Needless to say, my A levels are all sciences.

Rakysh
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Rakysh » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am UTC

Ah, I have C1 tomorrow and Further Maths late in January. We'll be fine!

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:26 am UTC

torontoraptor wrote:
Thesh wrote:
torontoraptor wrote:Yes it is your job to enforce the law, but somehow I think there are other things for you to do then go to the same bar every day several times to check how many people are there.
Why do people always say this? What else could they have to do? Unless they get a call, they really don't have anything else to do (other than drive around, and enforce minor laws that annoy people and cause the same response).
They have been to this bar practically every night this year, and definitely every weeknight. There has never been a violent incident in the two years I've been going to the bar, even though its in a residential area there are almost never noise complaints, and there are a large number of other bars in the area that are just as crowded and noisy, but are hardly ever bothered.
I'm assuming people are being asked to leave because the crowd is above what the Fire Marshal has deemed safe, right? Are the other bars above whatever the Fire Marshal put down for their spaces? I mean, it's.. actually nicer for the police to do it, as the Fire Marshal would kick everybody out and fine the fuck out of the owner, so there is that...
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Link
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:33 am UTC
Location: ᘝᓄᘈᖉᐣ
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Link » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:22 am UTC

Why, thank you, Inkscape developers, for making me spend several hours learning how your source tree works, so that I could slap on some #includes you've so conveniently missed. Your "#include only what's needed" policy would have been dandy, were it not for the fact that everything goes pear-shaped if you forget some necessary #includes -- a problem easily avoided if you just #include <gtk/gtk.h> like a rather saner developer would have done.

General_Norris
Posts: 1399
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby General_Norris » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:02 pm UTC

I think that politics in Spain is only a matter of slapping populists labels on whoever stands in your way. Smoking has been banned in public spaces and objections are composed in more than 90% of comments like "This is how Franco's regime started" or other comparisons to the fascist regime of your choice.

Similarly if a Basically Decent group does something, you can't complain at all without being labelled as enemy of all living things. The neighbours of Chueca, where the Gay Parades take place have complained for years because they like to blast off music at more than 100 DB, as much as a jackhammer, obviously far above the permited limits. The response is to label the citizens of the neighborhood as homophobes because being annoyed at sleep deprivation when you have to work next morning automatically makes you hate gays. That's why they live in the most gay-friendly niehgbourhood of Madrid, because they hate gay people. They have filled complaints but they will "magically" dissapear in a sea of bureocracy.

I'm ashamed of the gay organizations we have around here. When your best idea to say that gay parents can also be good parents is mocking rape of nuns you are doing it wrong (TM).

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Van » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:08 pm UTC

I would like to strangle my manager, but he's such a morbid hyper-creep that I'm afraid it'd make him happy (to be dying).

Keep pushing, dude. I've got a pen and a notebook and I'm not afraid to write down absolutely all the stuff you're doing. I... really wish there was some way to make that at all threatening.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8573
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Zohar » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:24 pm UTC

I have the flatmate's remote to the parking lot out back. She doesn't have a car and extremely rarely (once every several months) she has one from work. I have my own remote but I was too lazy to replace the battery, which is why I took her own. Today she texts me if I can leave the remote on the table because she'll need to park tomorrow. I know it's my fault, but it means now I have to go outside, move my car to the street and then come back, for not much reason. There's plenty of parking on the street, too. I'm just, you know, tell me sooner!
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
OBrien
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby OBrien » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:34 am UTC

Why can't I kill hope? I know it will never come to fruition and it just hurts to keep this "but what if...?" mindset right now.
Also, screw you TV sitcoms and your dragging up of painful memories.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Levi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:56 am UTC

Dammit, textbooks. Stop putting stuff in the margins. I don't know what to read when.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Magnanimous » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:12 am UTC

Levi wrote:Dammit, House of Leaves. Stop putting stuff in the margins. I don't know what to read when.

FTFM.

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby The Scyphozoa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:04 am UTC

My laptop's power supply seems to have stopped working.
And yet, here I am, posting this using said laptop, with 1 hour and 14 minutes of battery life left.
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MarkWaller and 37 guests