Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby TaintedDeity » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:46 pm UTC

Wow. That's awesome. I'm scared what I might accidentally do.
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby broken_escalator » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:56 pm UTC

Its pretty much a folder containing all the changeable settings and stuff. Very nifty when you need to change something but don't know where to begin.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Jessica » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:02 pm UTC

/me saves that for future reference.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ptolom » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:38 pm UTC

Ugh, I'm really bored, but I'm too agitated to get up and do anything.
I'll just sit here twitching a while longer.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Giant Speck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:23 pm UTC

Slight rant: Two small cavities.

On the plus side, the dentist said I seem to be cleaning my teeth well, but my highly acidic diet is wearing down my teeth anyway. So he prescribed me Colgate Prevident 5000 Plus toothpaste. I wonder if I'll be able to refill this prescription in the future if it indeed does help.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Adacore » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:24 am UTC

Whenever I've been to the dentist:

Dentist (ominously): "Come in, sit down. Open your mouth..."
*Spends 10 minutes poking around with his metal things and tiny mirrors*
Dentist (in very surprised tone): "It's all fine, actually!"

Literally the exact same words every time I've been to the dentist for the past 15 years. It makes me worry that he's not actually doing any checks or anything, since it never changes...

User avatar
Chandani
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 pm UTC
Location: Here

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Chandani » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:44 am UTC

My family is fighting again.
Over food. :(
And now my mom is mocking my siser. Sigh.

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Xeio » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:01 am UTC

Adacore wrote:Whenever I've been to the dentist:

Dentist (ominously): "Come in, sit down. Open your mouth..."
*Spends 10 minutes poking around with his metal things and tiny mirrors*
Dentist (in very surprised tone): "It's all fine, actually!"

Literally the exact same words every time I've been to the dentist for the past 15 years. It makes me worry that he's not actually doing any checks or anything, since it never changes...
Well, the alternative is "Drill baby drill!", so I guess there's that.

Though I haven't been to a dentist in like 8 years, I should really do that, considering I have coverage for it, but... meh... dentists... :?

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7573
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby phlip » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:23 am UTC

broken_escalator wrote:Have you tried using the godmode folder when you can't figure out where an option to change is? It was my favorite folder when I first got used to 7.

Spoiler:
rename a new folder GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

According to some page found on Google, this breaks in 64-bit Vista (possibly 64-bit Win7, too)... if you do it, it crashes explorer, and you need to delete the folder either through cmd or a Linux boot or something.

To get to it, you can type shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} into the address bar of an Explorer window, or make a shortcut to "explorer shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}". Also, the official name for that window is "All Tasks", not "God Mode"... it doesn't let you do anything you can't already do in the Control Panel, it just has it all in one place.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
PhoenixEnigma
Posts: 2303
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am UTC
Location: Sasquatchawan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:25 am UTC

I'm successfully using it on Win7 x64 Home Premium, must be just another reason Vista sucks?
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Magnanimous » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:18 am UTC

I like Windows more now.

User avatar
Jumble
Posts: 1184
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:48 am UTC
Location: London(ish), UK.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Jumble » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:21 am UTC

Bloody tax bills! Will they never stop? Of course, if I got off my arse an paid them then I wouldn't now be facing a penalty bill as well. Permission to say, 'cock'?
Last edited by Jumble on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:24 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Giant Speck wrote:You're a demon! DEMON!!!!

Oregonaut wrote:CURSE YOU VILLAIN!!
PhoenixEnigma wrote:Jumble is either the best or worst Santa ever, and I can't figure out which. Possibly both.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:32 pm UTC

Great, have to spend my lunch break at work doing a school project because stupid Flash trial software won't run on my home computer and it's not one of the many unnecessary programs clogging up my work computer. Luckily, it only has to be simple and I prepared all the assets beforehand, so maybe it won't take long? Might even be able to actually get outside and/or eat? Probably not? This is a stupid, stupid course... who the hell types up an assignment and saves it as a jpeg... granted, it's not as bad as PDFs because I hate adobe and everything they stand for, but it's not like there were any special characters, it was maybe a paragraph total, who does that? More copy-and-pasting assignments from some other teacher and not letting us know from the beginning what they are because god fucking forbid we try to get some of it out of the way early because we're adults and we might want to control the pace of our crapload of schoolwork this semester?? I mean if you typed up the assignment again you might have to read through it and make sure it made sense. OH WAIT. THAT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE THE MAIN PROJECT DOESN'T MAKE A GODDAMN BIT OF SENSE EITHER.

...This course displeases me. I wouldn't be taking it if I didn't want a valid reason to claim I know a little web design on my resume... which I should be working on, god damn... and sending places... ffff.

ETA: Well, it's crappy and I might've missed one of the requirements (it was vague) but I don't care, she's been easy on the grading so far and also it is, at least, a thing. Took a whole 50 minutes, and then I found that someone had done terrible things to 3/4 toilets in the women's restroom... >_> I DON'T CARE IT'S SUBMITTED AND DONE AND I'M FREE IN FOUR HOURS (to write essays). Also, fuck Adobe. You know, more than I usually think they ought to be.

User avatar
Von Haus
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:15 pm UTC
Location: Probably somewhere he shouldn't be...

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Von Haus » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:31 pm UTC

Dr jayus - Commentor on a poston the blog boing boing wrote:Who could be fagged to hoax like this?

Who could be fagged.

fagged


I'm sorry, what?
A bee sees Dee 'effigy' Hitch, I 'Jay' kill, amen OP, queue arresty UV double, you ex-wizard!

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Zarq » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:48 pm UTC

Von Haus wrote:
Dr jayus - Commentor on a poston the blog boing boing wrote:Who could be fagged to hoax like this?

Who could be fagged.

fagged


I'm sorry, what?


Verb

to fag (third-person singular simple present fags, present participle fagging, simple past and past participle fagged)

1. (transitive, colloquial, used mainly in passive form) To make exhausted, tired out.
2. (intransitive, colloquial) To droop; to tire.
3. (UK, archaic, colloquial) For a younger student to act as a servant for senior students in UK public schools.


But I don't think he meant any of those.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
Whelan
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm UTC
Location: Londonshire.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Whelan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:58 pm UTC

It'll be a variant of 'can't be arsed'.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

User avatar
Von Haus
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:15 pm UTC
Location: Probably somewhere he shouldn't be...

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Von Haus » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:25 pm UTC

Oh fair enough, I knew he was saying it as in "can't be arsed". But as the only definitions of fag I was aware of where cigarette and homosexual I read it as a lot more dickish way of saying it.
A bee sees Dee 'effigy' Hitch, I 'Jay' kill, amen OP, queue arresty UV double, you ex-wizard!

User avatar
Whelan
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm UTC
Location: Londonshire.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Whelan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:28 pm UTC

What's fun is being asked if you want to bum a fag, and taking a few minutes to realise you're being offered a cigarette, and not being quizzed on your sex life.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

User avatar
DJorgensen
Posts: 1503
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:24 pm UTC
Location: A small reality, fractured from this one.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby DJorgensen » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:33 am UTC

Okay, pharmacy, doctor, communicate. It's not like I will not be needing my meds anytime soon. You said faxing in the refill was not a problem but the fact I am out of medication /again/ is proving otherwise.

Somehow I am not so twitchy this time though. Perhaps just getting used to it all...
Kinda blurry and fuzzy around the edges. And I have a class to teach, a job to do, and an exam to take in the next couple days... mur.
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Izawwlgood » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:47 am UTC

Adacore wrote:Whenever I've been to the dentist:

Dentist (ominously): "Come in, sit down. Open your mouth..."
*Spends 10 minutes poking around with his metal things and tiny mirrors*
Dentist (in very surprised tone): "Izawwlgood, actually!"

Literally the exact same words every time I've been to the dentist for the past 15 years. It makes me worry that he's not actually doing any checks or anything, since it never changes...

I live in your mouth.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
Cathy
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:31 am UTC
Location: TX, USA

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Cathy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:21 am UTC

Dammit, I REFUSE to buy your shitty cable for at least 50 dollars a month just so that I can watch the freaking academy awards.

This is ridiculous - I just wanna see the freaking awards, but noooo, all they show is all sorts of BS commentary and random behind the curtain other. I have no interest whatsoever in buying cable, it's useless, I get 1/2 spanish channels, 1/4 sports channels, 1/8 weather, and 1/8 kids shows. NO thanks.

RAAAWR put your damn television on the internet already!

/RANT
Amie wrote:Cathy, I now declare you to be an awesome person, by the powers vested in me by nobody, really.
yurell wrote:We need fewer homoeopaths, that way they'll be more potent!

User avatar
RetSpline
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 pm UTC
Location: Íæû

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby RetSpline » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:35 am UTC

Fuck, I knew I should've gotten my wisdom teeth out before I got a job, and not 4 weeks after. I'm halfway through the day, at home on my lunch break, and I just want to go cry and not go back to work. I just don't even really understand the absence policies, and the manager on duty today is impossible to talk to because she absolutely doesn't care about you or your stupid problems, and she makes this painfully clear. I can't work with or without my pain med, and we're understaffed, and I'm not even making much sense in this rant. I don't know what to do. My recently over-inflated sense of work ethic keeps me from just making the snap judgement to call in and not go back, but they don't seem like the people who I can to and explain the extreme extent to which I cannot function as a human being right now. Maybe if I hadn't already fucking missed a day, but I don't want to be "that guy" who gets hired and misses 2 days in his first 4 weeks. I mean, maybe that's not as big of a deal as I think it is? I feel like these people really judge me though, and I really need to keep this job.

Fuck fuck fuck. Why do I have to choose between being unable to think because of my pain medicine, or being unable to think due to the brain-splitting pain in my jaw?

Edit: Okay, fucking hell, I'm not even confident I can safely drive my car in this condition, so I'm calling in. I just, I dunno, I hope I can explain my situation to somebody instead of them just seeing a sheet of paper with some negative stats on it.

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:14 am UTC

I am in one of those "fuck real life, I just want to do [fun stuff]" moods. Maybe reading A Softer World is a bad idea.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Kewangji
Has Been Touched
Posts: 2255
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Kewangji » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:29 pm UTC

Coupla things.

1) The antisemitic hypocritical shithead: (Taking everything you say at face value) No, that is not a joke. In what way is calling someone a Jew with the meaning that they are stingy, a 'joke'? What kind of fucked up definition of humour do you have? It doesn't matter that you say that you wouldn't feel harmed if I used 'Muslim' as an insult. It doesn't matter that we have no Jews in our class. Fucking stop.

2) Parent: When I say 'friend', I mean 'friend'. It is none of your business if there is sex involved in the friendship, or if the friendship is turning romantic. Please stop insinuating things until I feel obligated to correct you. Thank you.

3) Head: Stop. Breaking.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

User avatar
garren101
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:35 am UTC
Location: Alberta

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby garren101 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:18 pm UTC

People who come up to me and tell me I look like Harry Potter. I have long-ish shaggy hair, and round glasses. I wouldn't mind this so much if it wasn't every single f***ing person I met who said it to me. This is even more problematic in that I prefer wearing my glasses over my contacts and if I want people to not call me Harry Potter I have to wear my contacts. There, rant over.
Arthur Dent: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford Prefect: "You ask a glass of water."

User avatar
TimelordSimone
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Cambridge ish

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby TimelordSimone » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:20 am UTC

THIS:
TimelordSimone wrote:WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER SUCKS

AGAIN.

(It's refusing to show custom emoticons. The box 'show custom emoticons' is ticked. IDEK.)
I mostly lurk. Hello.

User avatar
reflex
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:31 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby reflex » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:31 am UTC

Kewangji wrote:2) Parent: When I say 'friend', I mean 'friend'. It is none of your business if there is sex involved in the friendship, or if the friendship is turning romantic. Please stop insinuating things until I feel obligated to correct you. Thank you.

that one. So much that one.
Magnanimous wrote:It's more like a big blob of wibbley wobbley... timey wimey... stuff.

Oregonaut wrote:Sun eating thing. It eats sun. Its green by eating sun.

Oregonaut wrote:YOU! With the bear...

User avatar
TimelordSimone
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Cambridge ish

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby TimelordSimone » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:34 am UTC

reflex wrote:
Kewangji wrote:2) Parent: When I say 'friend', I mean 'friend'. It is none of your business if there is sex involved in the friendship, or if the friendship is turning romantic. Please stop insinuating things until I feel obligated to correct you. Thank you.

that one. So much that one.

I'm so thankful my parents never did this. I mean, I'm sure they knew ("Where am I off to at 10pm? ...friend's house.") but they never said anything.
I mostly lurk. Hello.

User avatar
reflex
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:31 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby reflex » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:39 am UTC

TimelordSimone wrote:
reflex wrote:
Kewangji wrote:2) Parent: When I say 'friend', I mean 'friend'. It is none of your business if there is sex involved in the friendship, or if the friendship is turning romantic. Please stop insinuating things until I feel obligated to correct you. Thank you.

that one. So much that one.

I'm so thankful my parents never did this. I mean, I'm sure they knew ("Where am I off to at 10pm? ...friend's house.") but they never said anything.

My parents have decided to simply assume I have a girlfriend. Every time we have a party of some sort, "do you want to bring your girlfriend?", any time I go out with a group of people, "will your girlfriend be there?", at random times, "what's her name?", "when can we meet her", "what's she like", so on and so forth. I don't even think I've ever made mention of this girlfriend, but they see me around a lot of girls and simply jump to conclusions. Very annoying. Considering they have no idea of the situation I am in in relation to girlfriends and the sort.
Magnanimous wrote:It's more like a big blob of wibbley wobbley... timey wimey... stuff.

Oregonaut wrote:Sun eating thing. It eats sun. Its green by eating sun.

Oregonaut wrote:YOU! With the bear...

Chuff
CHOO CHOO I'M A TRAIN
Posts: 1018
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 am UTC
Location: The Purple Valley, Mass

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Chuff » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:09 am UTC

I'm with you guys. It's never sex, but my mom thinks I have a girlfriend because I hugged my friend when she was sad today. What the heck?
The Great Hippo wrote:The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.
addams wrote:How human of him. "If, they can do it, then, I can do it." Humans. Pfft. Poor us.

User avatar
Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs
Posts: 6598
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 am UTC
Location: Colorado

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Thesh » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:14 am UTC

Chuff wrote:I'm with you guys. It's never sex, but my mom thinks I have a girlfriend because I hugged my friend when she was sad today. What the heck?


I had a friend (had :() that I saw once a month, we were going to vegas just because neither of us had been in a while and my mom asked if we were dating; my friend thought it was funny, and she called my mom and told her she was pregnant with my child. Now, her parents knew my parents, which is how we met. The joke was that she was pregnant with the spawn of satan (because I was the father). Her dad never heard the story, so he was confused as hell when she said she was pregnant with my child at dinner one night.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

User avatar
Eseell
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 am UTC
Location: WA

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Eseell » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:05 am UTC

Why is it that when I have to be up late for work, I can't keep my eyes open past 11, but if I have to be up early then I can't fall asleep before 2AM? Sometimes, brain, I hate you.
"Math is hard work and it occupies your mind -- and it doesn't hurt to learn all you can of it, no matter what rank you are; everything of any importance is founded on mathematics." - Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Magnanimous » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 am UTC

Crap. I'm writing an email to my uncle, and I can't remember if my cousin's name is spelled Aiden or Aidan.

++$_
Mo' Money
Posts: 2370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:06 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby ++$_ » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:49 am UTC

Type sloppily in the rest of your email, then claim it was a typo if you got it wrong.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Magnanimous » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:01 am UTC

... You are a genius.

User avatar
Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Microscopic cog » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 pm UTC

I always forget the exact spelling of names. Not just irl, also on forums. It's kind of bizarre, I always have to look it up.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby emceng » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:16 pm UTC

This is day 9 of having the flu. The symptoms are mostly gone, but I still have a hacking cough and nasal issues. I'm almost at the point I want to go to a doctor. This is getting ridiculous. The problem is what's the doc going to say? "Hooray, you have the flu!" It's not like they can give me something for a virus.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
Whelan
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm UTC
Location: Londonshire.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Whelan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:21 pm UTC

Thesh wrote:
Chuff wrote:I'm with you guys. It's never sex, but my mom thinks I have a girlfriend because I hugged my friend when she was sad today. What the heck?


I had a friend (had :() that I saw once a month, we were going to vegas just because neither of us had been in a while and my mom asked if we were dating; my friend thought it was funny, and she called my mom and told her she was pregnant with my child. Now, her parents knew my parents, which is how we met. The joke was that she was pregnant with the spawn of satan (because I was the father). Her dad never heard the story, so he was confused as hell when she said she was pregnant with my child at dinner one night.

I was planning to get a taxi back from a party with a friend, (Who shares my mum's name) once, because we live near each other. The taxi company refused to pick us up for some reason, so I asked mum to pick us up. As soon as my friend was out of the car and in her house my mum says "You can't marry her, it would be incestuous."
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

User avatar
Von Haus
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:15 pm UTC
Location: Probably somewhere he shouldn't be...

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Von Haus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:54 pm UTC

Okay, it is really not that hard to wash up. I mean seriously, we have one blender, you made soup yesterday, in my large pan. I do not appreciate having to wash dried up soup off the pan and the blender just so I can make some of my own soup today, and then have to wash up a bowl as well because all the ones large enough to make a good portion of soup have been sitting on the side dirty for the last week. Oh and the chopping board because none of them were clean either, I mean seriously, none of the stuff left there is mine, none, so if I can wash up you can too! Housemates, can't live with them - but have to.
A bee sees Dee 'effigy' Hitch, I 'Jay' kill, amen OP, queue arresty UV double, you ex-wizard!

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby broken_escalator » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:27 pm UTC

I feel your pain about housemates using your kitchen things and not cleaning them in a timely fashion. Its gotten to the point where we hide our baking dish so that they cannot readily find it. The baking dish is a privilege, not a right.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests