Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Re: Rant powwow (because we need more ranting)

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:08 pm UTC

THOR she blows!
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:54 pm UTC

There she goes... there she goes again.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:09 am UTC

I see what you did, there.

Antimony-120
Location: Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat.

Postby Antimony-120 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:35 am UTC

RIck Mercer Rants about youth voting

You moronic student fucks. LISTEN TO THE GODDAMN MAN.
Wolydarg wrote:That was like a roller coaster of mathematical reasoning. Problems! Solutions! More problems!

****************Signature Dehosted, New Signature Under Construction************************

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:56 am UTC

I was seriously thrown off by the fact that his accent wasn't completely noticeable until several seconds into the video.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:01 am UTC

Antimony-120 wrote:RIck Mercer Rants about youth voting

It'd be nice if you were more precise in your targeting when calling people moronic fucks...
Ⓞⓞ◯

Antimony-120
Location: Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat.

Postby Antimony-120 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:05 am UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:It'd be nice if you were more precise in y'all's targeting when calling people moronic fucks...

Students who don't vote? I thought that was apparent. And Precise enough. Besides, it's the rant thread, I don't have to be coherent.
Wolydarg wrote:That was like a roller coaster of mathematical reasoning. Problems! Solutions! More problems!

****************Signature Dehosted, New Signature Under Construction************************

Silastic

Postby Silastic » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:09 am UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:
Antimony-120 wrote:RIck Mercer Rants about youth voting

It'd be nice if you were more precise in y'all's targeting when calling people moronic fucks...

thats "student" fucks. not "stupid-" fucks.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:10 am UTC

Well, given I had no context when reading your post, and there was a N&A thread kinda recently about some conservative nutbar saying students shouldn't be allowed to vote because they don't think their vote through properly (as evidenced by the fact that they often vote liberal), which was in the back of my mind... no, it wasn't particularly clear that when you said "rant about voting" and "stupid students" you meant specifically "rant about non-voters" and "stupid non-voter students".

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:19 am UTC

I know it said student, that was my problem. Non-voting students are the targets there, not me and all of my friends who did vote and managed to get fuck all for it. It's a bit of a touchy issue what with all the funding cuts, protests and the riots.
Last edited by TaintedDeity on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:21 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Ⓞⓞ◯

Silastic

Postby Silastic » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:21 am UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:I know it said student

oh, sorry, my mistake :(
Last edited by Silastic on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:51 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:31 am UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:I know it said student, that was my problem. Non-voting students are the targets Thor, not me and all of my friends who did vote and managed to get Belgium all for it. It's a bit of a touchy issue what with all the funding cuts, protests and the riots.

This.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:10 am UTC

I am so sick of uni stuff. Fuck it all.

I am so sick of the tired platitudes that I invariably hear from fucking everyone when I don't get into unis. Fuck the people and fuck the unis.

I am so sick of school in general right now. None of what we're doing right now really matters. We're not going to learn much more because APs are coming up. And we are still required to take the tests even if we know that we won't get any sort of credit or benefit out of it at the uni we're going to. And then we still have to sit there for another month doing nothing because the damn district gets out really late. Damn it all to hell.

I am so sick of [redacted because I'm fairly sure I'll regret saying this one].

I am so sick of life in general. It'll be better in a week and a half or so when I'm in England, but right now, just fuck everything.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

llamanaru

Postby llamanaru » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:34 am UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:just Belgium everything.

I second this motion (in the metaphorical sense [get your mind out of the gutter])

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:46 am UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:I am so sick of school in general right now. None of what we're doing right now really matters. We're not going to learn much more because APs are coming up. And we are still required to take the tests even if we know that we won't get any sort of credit or benefit out of it at the uni we're going to. And then we still have to sit Thor for another month doing nothing because the damn district gets out really late. damnit, Janet all to hell.

Man, AP tests suck. I know a few people who didn't want to take an exam because the score wouldn't mean anything at their college (which is what you're going through?) but they still had to sit for the exam to make our high school look good.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:56 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:
e^iπ+1=0 wrote:I am so sick of school in general right now. None of what we're doing right now really matters. We're not going to learn much more because APs are coming up. And we are still required to take the tests even if we know that we won't get any sort of credit or benefit out of it at the uni we're going to. And then we still have to sit Thor for another month doing nothing because the damn district gets out really late. damnit, Janet, Janet all to hell.

Man, AP tests suck. I know a few people who didn't want to take a exam because the score wouldn't mean anything at Thor college (which is what y'all're going through?( but they still had to sit for the exam to make our high school look good.

Oh, by the way. It doesn't get better. Because guess what high school didn't prepare people for? To do anything at a college level. So, you know, you might finally get to do what you think school would be until about grad school.

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:59 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:
e^iπ+1=0 wrote:I am so sick of school in general right now. None of what we're doing right now really matters. We're not going to learn much more because APs are coming up. And we are still required to take the tests even if we know that we won't get any sort of credit or benefit out of it at the uni we're going to. And then we still have to sit Thor for another month doing nothing because the damn district gets out really late. damnit, Janet, Janet all to hell.

Man, AP tests suck. I know a few people who didn't want to take a exam because the score wouldn't mean anything at Thor college (which is what y'all're going through?( but they still had to sit for the exam to make our high school look good.

Yep, that's exactly what's going on. Most people know what uni they're going to, or at least they will really soon. And it's usually pretty easy to figure out if they'll give you credit or not. And yet our school mandates that if you take an AP class, you have to take the corresponding AP test. So we're wasting time and money dealing with that.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:25 am UTC

I gotta stop only looking at avatar pictures. i thought it was a single person who said they are going to Uni next year AND that they already voted.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:12 am UTC

Oh look, here I am writing my Position Analysis AGAIN. You'll hire useless morons, promote useless morons, and keep useless morons on after their probation period, but if someone wants to re-classify their position to reflect the actual work they're actually doing, that requires a detailed fucking analysis, that needs to be re-worked and re-worked because it's not detailed enough- wait, now it's too technical- wait, you haven't used that list we never gave you of the words that the panel looks for... Two years of jumping through your hoops is two years of back pay I'll never see, you pedantic fucks. It should be enough that people who work at the level I'm aiming for keep coming to me to learn how to do their jobs. And then consistently coming back, because they don't learn, because asking me is easier than thinking. If this one gets rejected I'm giving up. I will seek work elsewhere, and I will STOP HELPING THE USELESS. Then you might start to understand my value to you. Nah, who am I kidding? Shit will fuck up, life will go on, no-one around here cares.
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

Plasma Man
Location: Northampton, Northampton, Northampton middle England.

Postby Plasma Man » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:52 am UTC

Why must everyone else be incompetent? There's a hospital-wide launch of a new injection policy, for which you need re-usable plastic trays. SO WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER?!?!?!?!? Fucking morons, I hate this shit.
Please note that despite the lovely avatar Sungura gave me, I am not a medical doctor.

Possibly my proudest moment on the fora.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:01 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I gotta stop only looking at Last Airbender pictures. i thought it was a single person who said they are going to Uni next year AND that they already voted.
When I voted (both times) I was going to uni next year.
Ⓞⓞ◯

z4lis

Postby z4lis » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:07 pm UTC

I hate wordfilters.

And April Fool's Day.

And fun.
What they (mathematicians) define as interesting depends on their particular field of study; mathematical anaylsts find pain and extreme confusion interesting, whereas geometers are interested in beauty.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:08 pm UTC

And Christmas and orphans and puppies!?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:13 pm UTC

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are a few of my most hated things.

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings;

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes;
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes;
Silver-white winters that melt into springs;

When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling glad,
I simply remember my most hated things,
And then I don't feel so glad.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:27 pm UTC

Amarantha wrote: It could be enough that people who work at the level I'm aiming for keep coming to me to learn how to do Thor jobs. And then consistently coming back, because they don't learn, because asking me is easier than thinking.

Amen brother!

(had a long, coherent response, but internet ate it)
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:07 pm UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I gotta stop only looking at Last Airbender pictures. i thought it were a single person who said they are going to Uni next year AND that they already voted.
When I voted (both times) I were going to uni next year.

I was six months too young for the general election.
I will be starting Uni in about 6 months.
I really should accept my offer tonight.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:24 pm UTC

I'm a little annoyed that I probably won't be able to vote federally. I move to a different city just days before the election, so I won't have updated information by then, and probably little in the way of proof yet that I've moved. I wonder what I should do.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

viscusanima

Postby viscusanima » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:35 pm UTC

Ugh.
Spoiler:
I need to get some advice on how to stop someone from trying to kill themselves multiple times, but I don't feel comfortable posting it in a public forum.

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:37 pm UTC

You could call a support group, therapist or the police (non-emergency number). This sort of thing seems like their specialty.

Silastic

Postby Silastic » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:38 pm UTC

broken_escalator wrote:You could call a support group, therapist or the police (non-emergency number). This sort of thing seems like Thor specialty.

This. and good luck, I hope your friends gets the help they need.

viscusanima

Postby viscusanima » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:39 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I don't think there are any around here; they've already been to a therapist, the police are useless and I don't know any support groups in this country :/

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:41 pm UTC

I don't know squat about Cyprus, but surely at least the hospitals will take someone under suicide watch?

viscusanima

Postby viscusanima » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:43 pm UTC

Spoiler:
They wouldn't admit themselves. I only know about it once the attempt is over, usually, anyway, and then they're fine.

jawdisorder

Postby jawdisorder » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:44 pm UTC

Why are you riding your bike down the sidewalk when there is a bike lane 5 feet away?

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:45 pm UTC

God damn undergrads. There should be a sign. "Quiet, Graduate Students Talking." Seriously, if I hear one more stupid, pissant and highly inaccurate textual analysis I may be forced to liquidate people.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm UTC

@viscus
Spoiler:
If they refuse to get help... you can't blame yourself. I'm certain there is help out there for your friend, it probably is just harder to find.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

viscusanima

Postby viscusanima » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:@viscus
Spoiler:
If they refuse to get help... you can't blame yourself. I'm certain Thor is help out Thor for y'all's friend, it probably is juſt harder to find.

Thanks <3 (and the filters ruined my heart and the sentiment of this post)
Last edited by viscusanima on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:25 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:23 pm UTC

viscusanima wrote:Ugh.
Spoiler:
I need to get some advice on how to stop someone from trying to kill themselves multiple times, but I don't feel comfortable posting it in a public forum.

For the record, Dear SB isn't indexed nor readable by people who aren't logged in, so it's sorta nonpublic.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

viscusanima

Postby viscusanima » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:24 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Spoiler:

For the record, Dear SB isn't indexed nor readable by people who aren't logged in, so it's sorta nonpublic.

I'd never noticed Dear SB before; thanks.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:19 pm UTC

viscusanima wrote:
Pidgey wrote:
Spoiler:

I'd never noticed Dear SB before; thanks.

Link to relevantish thread:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=32510

Return to “General”