Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
ArgonV
Posts: 1792
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm UTC
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby ArgonV » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:29 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:#firstworldproblems, but why do we have four cutting boards? I suppose two could make sense, or possibly three if you do a ton of cooking... but there is no reason a household should have that many cutting boards.

=/


I've got 9 or so cutting boards, all in different sizes and materials. So what?

Mumpy
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:20 pm UTC
Location: Oxford, England

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Mumpy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:40 pm UTC

Make a fort. A small one. Then populate it with vegetables with faces drawn on and surprise your flatmates as they come home. (If you have 9 chopping boards but live on your own, buy some more and make your very own poncho of imperviousness, and take to the streets with a ladle).


These are shit ideas, but you get the point.

User avatar
Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Steax » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:06 pm UTC

I recently tried to do a transfer between banks online. It spat out a random error code and said "it failed". Fine. It told me to call a number if I wanted to learn more. I wasn't in the mood for that, so I tried a few more times, thinking I might have misplaced a zero or whatever. (Tangent rant: why won't they accept "5,000"? It's trivial to strip out the comma, and people are supposed to double-check it on the subsequent page, so no legal problems there. So why?)

Several minutes later, the system proceeded to say I was "abusing the system" and locked me out. Frustrated, I called the call center, waited for the opening announcement, was then asked to input my full credit card number, followed by my atm number, followed by my atm PIN-like-but-not-a-pin-security-code, followed by my birth of date, followed by which language code (english = "001", indonesian "002", that's it), which section I needed to talk to ("00001 = customer service", "00002 = customer relations" wtf?), then I had to transcribe the full 16-character alphanumeric code, after which he asked me to disconnect my computer's connection, restart, open the site on IE ("we don't support firefox"), clear my cookies, reset my connection settings, and he then gave me a code to bring to a nearby ATM to reset my account and verify my phone number.

After all that, and calling back, he tells me it was the inter-bank-transfer system that failed.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

User avatar
Mous
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:00 am UTC
Location: Virginia

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Mous » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:05 pm UTC

Christ. I am so fucking sick of people commenting on my clothes. If I want to wear men's clothes and cut my hair short, I can. I don't give a damn if people mistake me for a guy, and that's my decision and does not reflect on you as a person. I can wear a sweatshirt in 90 F weather if I want. I'm not stupid, I know it's hot. I can feel it. My wearing a sweatshirt does not impact how hot it is for you. I actually have a pretty good reason for dressing like a guy and wearing long sleeves. It's got nothing to do with you.
And if I want to live with a guy twice my age instead of a bunch of drunken, partying college kids, that's also my choice. There is nothing sexual about it. It's the only place I can afford, because I can't find a job. I can't find a job because you're making me move across the country. I'm not just sitting around on my ass all day, I'm trying to put my life together which is damn near impossible from thousands of miles away.
Day after day, day after day,
We stuck, nor breath nor motion;
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.

casoid
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 am UTC
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby casoid » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:39 pm UTC

Why, if I have 5 years of no claims, have never had any speeding tickets, penalty points or indeed driving convictions of any sort, and drive a 4-year-old car of no great worth that by day lives in a compound guarded by a straightforward chap with a sub machinegun, is my insurance still around £1000/year?
Because I'm a 23-year-old male. Precisely the demographic that insurance companies live to fuck with on a daily basis. I want to find the cabal of CEOs who further this price-fixing horseshit and feed them my premium. In coins.

End of rant, standard reports.

User avatar
EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy
Posts: 3726
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Location: where the wind takes me

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby EdgarJPublius » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:47 am UTC

Goddammit, a supplemental to my earlier rant:

I ended up getting a good SODIMM from Altex (shout-out to central Texans, if you have an Altex near you please shop there first for computer stuff, I went there all the time before college and can't believe I forgot it was there this time. They have a better selection and better prices for computer parts/tools and much better customer service than Fry's. I feel like such an idiot for going to Fry's first)

Anyway, replacing the RAM module seemed to have no effect on the problem, making me think it must be something else, possibly a Driver or other hardware issue. So I figured I'd wipe out all possible software issues by just nuking the drive and reinstalling.

Problem is that now, trying to install gives me more memory errors, what the hell! By now I have acquired a working laptop I can test my RAM in, and both the old and new stick are good, the only thing I can think is there must be a motherboard issue of some kind.

I never write a computer off until I have at least a pretty good idea what's wrong with it, so I decide to open up the case and start a visual inspection for blown caps or other possible issues. Luckily, I didn't have to get very far into the disassembly before, what do I see, why, another, completely hidden inside the case and not normally accessible RAM slot complete with SO-DIMM!

There was no indication anywhere that this second slot even existed, let alone was filled (you'd think I would know that my laptop has two more gb of memory stashed away, but I've never seen any indication of it before now) and no easy way to get to it.

Now, I haven't yet confirmed that this hidden and presumably corrupt RAM was the sole cause of my computer issues, but right now I'm farther into the reinstall than I've been before and no errors have yet occurred , so here's hopin'.

EDIT:

On the one hand, I wish I would have discovered this before trying to reinstall, but on the other hand, it was probably about time for a reinstall anyway.

edit2:
installation complete without apparent errors, commence frustration getting the laptop to place nice with my network so I can restore the back-up and then endlessly mess with the settings until they are almost-but-not-quite just the way I like them...

at least it seems the crisis has passed, for now.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby roband » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:49 am UTC

casoid wrote:Why, if I have 5 years of no claims, have never had any speeding tickets, penalty points or indeed driving convictions of any sort, and drive a 4-year-old car of no great worth that by day lives in a compound guarded by a straightforward chap with a sub machinegun, is my insurance still around £1000/year?
Because I'm a 23-year-old male. Precisely the demographic that insurance companies live to fuck with on a daily basis. I want to find the cabal of CEOs who further this price-fixing horseshit and feed them my premium. In coins.

End of rant, standard reports.


lol, whut you driving bro?

I'm nearly 22, have crashed and done ~£5000 of damage (writing off two vehicles) and my insurance is around £500/year.

It's gotta be about the vehicle involved...

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:02 am UTC

Or maybe he lives in a postcode that's usually on fire.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Menacing Spike » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:20 am UTC

EdgarJPublius wrote:I ended up getting a good SODIMM from Altex


This sounds like a sexual favour.

User avatar
TimelordSimone
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Cambridge ish

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby TimelordSimone » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:33 pm UTC

I hate how people are vehemently defending giving away Harry Potter spoilers because 'well the book came out 4 years ago'.
So? Giving away spoilers is still kind of a dick move. I've read the book, I know what happens, but I'm not going to just announce the ending like everyone should know it already.
I mostly lurk. Hello.

User avatar
the_bandersnatch
Actually not so frumious.
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:46 am UTC
Location: on a bed in a room inside a TV in a hotel room in a hotel on a Monopoly board

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby the_bandersnatch » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:47 pm UTC

GANDALF DIES :shock:
In girum imus nocte, et consumimur igni

User avatar
the_mean_marine
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:03 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby the_mean_marine » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:12 pm UTC

the_bandersnatch wrote:GANDALF DIES :shock:


BUT THEN JUST LIKE JESUS ON THE THIRD DAY HE ARISES FROM THE DEAD, RESPLENDENT IN WHITE ROBES!!! :twisted:

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Adacore » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:37 pm UTC

the_mean_marine wrote:
the_bandersnatch wrote:GANDALF DIES :shock:

BUT THEN JUST LIKE JESUS ON THE THIRD DAY HE ARISES FROM THE DEAD, RESPLENDENT IN WHITE ROBES!!! :twisted:

He was only mostly dead. :wink:

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:50 pm UTC

TimelordSimone wrote:I hate how people are vehemently defending giving away Harry Potter spoilers because 'well the book came out 4 years ago'.
So? Giving away spoilers is still kind of a dick move. I've read the book, I know what happens, but I'm not going to just announce the ending like everyone should know it already.

I've read the book, but I only read it once and I can't rmember what happened. So I too would be peeved to learn spoilers.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
Dason
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:06 am UTC
Location: ~/

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Dason » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:53 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Harry is a wizard.
double epsilon = -.0000001;

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby roband » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:54 pm UTC

Dason wrote:
Spoiler:
Harry is a wizard.

Spoiler:
He's a what?

AFW
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:57 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby AFW » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:07 pm UTC

TimelordSimone wrote:I hate how people are vehemently defending giving away Harry Potter spoilers because 'well the book came out 4 years ago'.
So? Giving away spoilers is still kind of a dick move. I've read the book, I know what happens, but I'm not going to just announce the ending like everyone should know it already.

Those people who have to tell you how something ends are among the same breed of people who have to destroy what you've built.
Examples:

"What would you do if I just knocked your card house down?"
"Well...I guess I would be disappointed...Why would you want to do that?"
"It's funny."

Replace a card house with any structure out of random material you may be building.

Now when any movie comes out, especially a movie with a big twist, these people feel the need to destroy that as well.
"Want me to tell you how it ends? What would you do if I just ruined it for you?"
"Why would you do that?"
"It's funny."

Now I understand wanting to talk about a movie with someone once both of you have seen it. I just don't like any spoilers at all.

"There's this one part where..."
"<Insert actor> has a cameo in it! Everyone was so shocked! It was hilarious when he/she popped up on screen!"
"I won't ruin it...just make sure you pay attention to <insert symbolic item from the movie you weren't supposed to know was symbolic>"

Those ones really bother me.
Last edited by AFW on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:15 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Triangle_Man
WINNING
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 8:41 pm UTC
Location: CANADA

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Triangle_Man » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:12 pm UTC

I read that and I realize that I have that exact problem (wanting to talk about things I've seen in such a way that I give away spoilers).

I imagine that it's quite maddening.
I really should be working right now, but somehow I don't have the energy.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:My moral system allows me to bitch slap you for typing that.

casoid
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 am UTC
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby casoid » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:12 pm UTC

roband wrote:
lol, whut you driving bro?

I'm nearly 22, have crashed and done ~£5000 of damage (writing off two vehicles) and my insurance is around £500/year.

It's gotta be about the vehicle involved...


It's a Ford Focus. Hardly the most exciting or ostentatious car available. I was checking quotes for an Audi A5, as I was considering upgrading - for a 2-year-old A5, I was being asked for £3000 - £10000 / year.

You must have friends in / blackmail information on / a hostage from your insurance company.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby bigglesworth » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:17 pm UTC

The Focus is known as a rally/boy racer car, could be that.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:20 pm UTC

Adacore wrote:
the_mean_marine wrote:
the_bandersnatch wrote:GANDALF DIES :shock:

BUT THEN JUST LIKE JESUS ON THE THIRD DAY HE ARISES FROM THE DEAD, RESPLENDENT IN WHITE ROBES!!! :twisted:

He was only mostly dead. :wink:
He got better
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby roband » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:20 pm UTC

Yeah, that's ridiculous, but an A5 is a big car.

I drive a 1.4 Daewoo Kalos. So unless you have the biggest-engined Focus in the world, you're being ripped off.

Get on a price comparison site!

casoid
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 am UTC
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby casoid » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:24 pm UTC

It's only a 1.8, as well...

Right, off to that site with the meercats. To hell with you Churchill, you wobbly-headed little bastard.

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:33 pm UTC

Jesus fucking cockshitting Christ.

So, you want to know what happened between three people in a dramatic relationship mess? Are you going to believe just one person when they talk about it, and completely fail to ask any of the other two people about their side of the story - or are you going to maintain some kind of intellectual fucking honesty here and recognize that people lie all the time to make themselves look better?

Apparently this is a fine distinction unknown here.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
SFX
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:33 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SFX » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 pm UTC

Now that is a good rant.

Any rant that starts with "Jesus fucking cockshitting Christ." is prolly gonna be good.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:26 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:Jesus fucking cockshitting Christ.

So, you want to know what happened between three people in a dramatic relationship mess? Are you going to believe just one person when they talk about it, and completely fail to ask any of the other two people about their side of the story - or are you going to maintain some kind of intellectual fucking honesty here and recognize that people lie all the time to make themselves look better?

Apparently this is a fine distinction unknown here.
As always, I prefer to follow the wisdom of Christopher Walken.
Image
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:42 pm UTC

Pretty much. I hate building up a history with people and then fuckheadedness makes me want to just abandon all of it. That's a waste.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy
Posts: 3726
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Location: where the wind takes me

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby EdgarJPublius » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:
EdgarJPublius wrote:I ended up getting a good SODIMM from Altex


This sounds like a sexual favour.


And that's another thing!

Why do all tech-related things have to be innuendos? It's all RAMing sticks into slots this, 'plug and play' that. And don't even get me started on 'hard' drives and 'floppies' and inserting all sorts of disks into things.

I thought it would be funny at this point to pretend that some tech term *without* a sexual connotation actually meant something really dirty. But now that I'm here, I can't actually think of a tech-term that doesn't have some sort of double-entendre in it some where, so I'm just gonna go play with my joystick.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby DaBigCheez » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:14 pm UTC

BRB, fetching a male-to-male connector.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:27 pm UTC
Location: E pur si muove

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Yakk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:30 pm UTC

I'll just file that into my central processing unit, if you know what I mean.
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
Cathy
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:31 am UTC
Location: TX, USA

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Cathy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:29 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:Pretty much. I hate building up a history with people and then fuckheadedness makes me want to just abandon all of it. That's a waste.

Just got back from a friend's place and I would really like to echo this.

We hang out a couple times a month and do geeky stuff like watch geek-tastic shows and play Magic and read fantasy books. However, now that I'm engaged and *finally* planning the wedding, she gets grumpy with me at really random times. Her long-distance relationship has been deteriorating (for years) and about two months ago she stops answering my texts/calls all randomly. She's a grad student, so this happens -- she does 11 hour days for 3 weeks in a row. She falls off the earth and stuff.

So it's been a while and I want to check on her and see if she's doing good, so I go knock on her door at 3PM on a monday to drop off a book she lent me. I knock, she answers in pajamas, I say "here's your book, why haven't you answered my messages?"
"Because you're an annoying person. Go away."

Well damn. Fuck you too.
Amie wrote:Cathy, I now declare you to be an awesome person, by the powers vested in me by nobody, really.
yurell wrote:We need fewer homoeopaths, that way they'll be more potent!

User avatar
existentialpanda
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:38 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby existentialpanda » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:52 pm UTC

I love the sound of fire alarms at one in the morning.

Oh wait NO I DON'T.

User avatar
jawdisorder
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:44 am UTC
Location: Badgerland

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby jawdisorder » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:48 pm UTC

The week with expected record highs is far from the ideal time to have the whole cooling system go out.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ptolom » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm UTC

I am disquieted and unproductive for no reason.

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby broken_escalator » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:51 am UTC

I don't know how we have a fly infestation in our house but the bugs are seriously bugging me. Its like the stinkbug epidemic, but with flies!

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:53 am UTC

Stayed up late doing not much of anything for absolutely no reason despite the fact that I have to get up in an hour and a half or so. Stupid self...
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

AFW
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:57 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby AFW » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:27 pm UTC

I'm supposed to pick a 4th year project and it is very overwhelming. The descriptions alone intimidate me. The only possible partner I have right now is a pretty sharp guy and I feel I'm going to drag him down.
It's as if I don't want to burden anyone with my partnership. I always feel like no matter how much I learn, I know nothing because everyone seems to know so much more...

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SlyReaper » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:53 pm UTC

"An error has occurred". Possibly the most infuriating thing it's possible to read on a computer screen.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
yurell
Posts: 2924
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:19 am UTC
Location: Australia!

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby yurell » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:33 pm UTC

Bioware/EA announces it will be releasing The Old Republic later for Australia / New Zealand than everywhere else.
Three and a half hours later there are 124 PAGES of posts complaining about it on their announcement thread.
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?


Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!

User avatar
KestrelLowing
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:57 pm UTC
Location: Michigan

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby KestrelLowing » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:45 pm UTC

Shit, shit, shit. I've got a paper due tomorrow (note that I am at work from 7:30-4:00 and pretty much unable to work on said paper, although I'm going to try) and it needs to be 3 pages longer than I thought it needed to be - also, it's supposed to be 1.5 line spacing, not double!

Shit, shit, shit. I've got enough material for a 5 page paper, I'm not sure I do for an 8 page one. I've cranked out 4-5 page papers in 2 hours before, and was planning on doing that tonight, no problem. 8 just seems like so much more and I'm really not sure I've got enough info for that. I figure I might get away with 7, but shit!

Anyone want to write a paper on recent research of the exergy analysis of a binary cycle geothermal power plant? Yeah. Me neither.

Hopefully I can finish the outline at work and manage to write the paper in the 6 hours after work I have. If I expand the introductory section, I should be able to take up 1-2 pages just with that. Oh, I hope I can do this. SHIT!


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests