Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Shivahn

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Shivahn » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:53 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:
Mousou wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:Today starts the third day without caffeine
I wish I had your willpower so I could do something about my own caffeine addiction.

It actually started by accident. I was late for work and forgot to bring a couple cans of soda from home. All they had in the snack fridge at work was water.

On the plus side, it should only take a matter of a few days to kick the tolerance and addiction. Caffeine addiction comes and goes pretty quickly.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:50 am UTC

True. I think I'm addicted to water now, though.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Rodion Raskolnikov
Alyona Ivanovna knows what you did last summer

Postby Rodion Raskolnikov » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:53 pm UTC

FUCK ECZEMA

I feel like want to tear the skin off my left hand. Why are you so itchy? And why do I not have any steroid cream at work?

Yo Rodja's kind of a dick, those are the facts / He murdered a pawnbroker with an axe
Now Dosoyevsky is here to teach you / About his problems with the philosophy of Nietzsche

~ ahammel

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:12 pm UTC

Shivahn wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:
Mousou wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:Today starts the third day without caffeine
I wish I had your willpower so I could do something about my own caffeine addiction.

It actually started by accident. I was late for work and forgot to bring a couple cans of soda from home. All they had in the snack fridge at work was water.

On the plus side, it should only take a matter of a few days to kick the tolerance and addiction. Caffeine addiction comes and goes pretty quickly.

That's yet another reason why it should be considered a wonder drug.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:09 pm UTC

On a related note, it has now been 2 months since I last drank alcohol. I should celebrate by going out and getting dru... oh wait.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:11 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:
Triangle_Man wrote:Cut out content

Just...God Fucking Damnit...

Would someone please tell me that this is fake or overblown?

As much as I would like to say it is real and not overblown, it seems to be a little overblown. At least, assuming the link to the actual bill in question, and not to an older version. A quick google search shows most articles in agreement with the ACLU sponsored link, only this link being actively opposed on the first page. Random wordpress blog of "unknown" bias (I didn't really read much of it), vs ACLU article of known left wing bias. I would say read the bill (assuming that link I gave was accurate) and make your own judgment.

Sorry for being so late on this, but thanks for pointing this out, Jessica!
I really should be working right now, but somehow I don't have the energy.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:My moral system allows me to bitch slap you for typing that.

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:16 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:On a related note, it has now been 2 months since I last drank alcohol. I should celebrate by going out and getting dru... oh wait.

It has been almost 2 days for me! I really should drink less. I've been doing a good job of not drinking while at home and alone though, which is an improvement. If I want to lose the 15 pounds I should, I really need to at least cut back severely. Then again, have a work sponsored happy hour on Thursday. Free appetizers, and the first round of drinks will be free. Plus that bar has great beers on tap...
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:49 pm UTC

Triangle_Man wrote:
Jessica wrote:
Triangle_Man wrote:Cut out content

Just...God Fucking Damnit...

Would someone please tell me that this is fake or overblown?

As much as I would like to say it is real and not overblown, it seems to be a little overblown. At least, assuming the link to the actual bill in question, and not to an older version. A quick google search shows most articles in agreement with the ACLU sponsored link, only this link being actively opposed on the first page. Random wordpress blog of "unknown" bias (I didn't really read much of it), vs ACLU article of known left wing bias. I would say read the bill (assuming that link I gave was accurate) and make your own judgment.

Sorry for being so late on this, but thanks for pointing this out, Jessica!
np. It's what I like to do :)
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:03 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:On a related note, it has now been 2 months since I last drank alcohol. I should celebrate by going out and getting dru... oh wait.

Congratulations! See if you can keep up the non drinking. If a problem compels you to drink again despite yourself, it might be time to become familiar with a friend of mine named Bill.

Kick

Postby Kick » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:11 am UTC

Ahh, a place to rant, I've needed this...

I'm tired. Like Mancini in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, I'm tired. Sometimes I just feel dead, as if I always have been and that I always will be. The other day I just laid in bed for 18 hours, thinking, and drifting in and out of sleep. I'm tired of always taking the blame for things that often aren't my fault. I'm tired of doing a large portion of the work on a semester long group project the night before it was due alone. I'm tired of myself. I'm tired of this ugly, shy person that my mind inhabits. I think of all the lofty goals that I had set for myself and I wonder, "do I even want that?" Then I remember that I feel like I owe it to my parents to be successful and to make something of my life. I'm tired of the pressure I put on myself. I'm tired of being so alone, and I'm tired of never doing anything to change.

Tomorrow, I will do what I have for the last couple years. I will wake up and tell myself to live life differently, to do what I want to do, to live, laugh, love, and enjoy. Then I will go throughout the day as normal, and go to bed, tired, and thinking tomorrow will be different.

I'm tired of telling myself that one day everything will be fine, but I'm not tired of believing it.
I'm never sarcastic.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:42 am UTC

Kick! That's my story you're telling! Depression indeed. Coupled in my case with some prime drugs. The endless cycle, the promises to change, the knowing that I won't, the apathetic desire to keep going just to keep other people happy, the loneliness and wanting someone to be with so it will all be better. Definitely me. That is a dead feeling, and it's at best a half-life. Something needs to change, but the good news is - it will! The bad news is - it will!
If I could give one bit of advice here (and I will respond to your lengthier post in that other thread when I have more time), I would say to set smaller goals. Such as getting out of bed in the morning, and being active doing something (preferably around other people) in your waking hours. I know I'm surprised continually at how much sleep I don't really need - I just slept and stayed in that dreamy state and got used to needing it so much. There is much research on the link between sleeping too much and depression - the funny thing is no one seems to be quite sure if too much sleep is a symptom or a cause. So I'd guess it's both. Now that I sleep right I find life a whole lot more manageable.

Which is ironic that I posted that as I'm currently fighting off a cold, and my roommate is snoring as is his wont and I have doubts about how much sleep I'm gonna get tonight. I hate to complain though. A lot of people don't have beds to sleep in. I'm really quite lucky that I do.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:28 am UTC

Kick wrote:Ahh, a place to rant, I've needed this...

Hate to correct you, but I think you'll find this is a place to pant.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:32 pm UTC

Giant Speck wrote:Today starts the third day without caffeine. I had a withdrawal headache so bad it woke me up at three in the morning.

I did that, oh, a year and a half ago or so. Worst f'ing week of my life. Ok, not quite, but it was still quite horrid. The worst part is that I eventually got pulled back in eventually and am back up to 3 cans of generic diet mountain dew a day again.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:17 pm UTC

For such an intelligent man, Eric S. Raymond can be a complete idiot about so many things.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:46 pm UTC

emceng wrote:

It has been almost 2 days for me! I really should drink less. I've been doing a good job of not drinking while at home and alone though, which is an improvement. If I want to lose the 15 pounds I should, I really need to at least cut back severely. Then again, have a work sponsored happy hour on Thursday. Free appetizers, and the first round of drinks will be free. Plus that bar has great beers on tap...

Losing weight was my primary motivator for not drinking. I lost about a stone after weeks, and another half a stone since then. And that's without any conscious diet or exercise changes.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Obby

Postby Obby » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:16 pm UTC

So it's been 11 months since the fire, and I'm still remembering things that I've lost and need to replace. I just had to go spend a decent chunk of money on new dress clothes because I have an occasion this Friday that requires them, because I lost all of my nice clothes in the fire.

*sigh* I guess some people are going to have a smaller Christmas gift than I had planned this year. Money sucks. :(
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Kang

Postby Kang » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm UTC

So... I learned that sombody sent me something to a place I am going to move into. My name's not yet on the mailbox, so it didn't get delivered, of course. The rant starts with asking the post office to look into storage for it, as I know they keep pieces of mail they couldn't deliver for a while. I went to three places and eventually got a phone number to call, but it's only answered by a machine that just won't help me at all after all.
The real rant here is, that somebody sent me something and now it's going to get destroyed, lost forever, just because of that simple mix-up. It's just sad.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:25 pm UTC

I have lust and horniness and would like to avoid acting on it alone.

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:37 am UTC

31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

userxp

Postby userxp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:44 am UTC

I just read some "relationship tips" for females on how to renew your boyfriend's wardrobe. Apparently the "Golden Rule" is "never tell him!". Just sneak into his room when he's not looking and throw away a few clothes that you don't like him wearing, then pretend to know nothing about what happened. Otherwise he might say something stupid like "No". That way you can slowly and subtly get rid of "those clothes that horrify you".

What the fuck is wrong with some people?!

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:20 pm UTC

I think women's magazines are an elaborate, sociopathic joke.

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:50 pm UTC

I've always believed women's magazines to be the relationship equivalent of PUA.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

Decker

Postby Decker » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:35 pm UTC

userxp wrote:What the fuck is wrong with some people?!

The problem with some people is that they get their relationship advice from these magazines.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:27 pm UTC

Decker wrote:

The problem with some people is that they get their relationship advice from these magazines.

I just read it for the gratuitous man-thighs.
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:39 pm UTC

Shro wrote:
Decker wrote:

I just read it for the gratuitous man-thighs.

I see what you did there
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:46 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:I think women's magazines are an elaborate, sociopathic joke.

They've slacked off on the "elaborate" part then, because most of their advice is pretty transparent for anyone who cares to look...

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:53 pm UTC

Fossa wrote:
Menacing Spike wrote:I think women's magazines are an elaborate, sociopathic joke.

They've slacked off on the "elaborate" part then, because most of their advice is pretty transparent for anyone who cares to look...

"Buy our magazines, then touch him on the penis."

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:53 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:"Buy our magazines, then touch him on the penis."

If anyone touches me on the penis with a women's magazine of that ilk I will probably never have sex with them. :(
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:17 pm UTC

Kewangji wrote:
Magnanimous wrote:"Buy our magazines, then touch him on the penis."

If anyone touches me on the penis with a women's magazine of that ilk I will probably never have sex with them. :(

Sounds like a terrible recipie for paper cuts too.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 am UTC

Required, but NSFW (though less NSFW than some other things on the same site) link: Cosmocking

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:35 am UTC

userxp wrote:I just read some "relationship tips" for females on how to renew your boyfriend's wardrobe. Apparently the "Golden Rule" is "never tell him!". Just sneak into his room when he's not looking and throw away a few clothes that you don't like him wearing, then pretend to know nothing about what happened. Otherwise he might say something stupid like "No". That way you can slowly and subtly get rid of "those clothes that horrify you".

What the fuck is wrong with some people?!

Well, to some people communication is icky, so theft and lies are the answer. My golden rule is to never date anyone who thinks that the answer on how to date me is found in a magazine.
Of course, I'm not dating anyone and haven't been for .... a while. Maybe this whole golden rule concept is overrated.

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:30 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:
Fossa wrote:

"Buy our magazines, then touch him on the penis."
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:50 pm UTC

phlip wrote:Required, but NSFW (though less NSFW than some other things on the same site) link: Cosmocking

Penis mommy. Penis mommy. PENIS MOMMY.

(Look! I can repeat things I read to show that I read it! Aren't I awesome?)
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Ashlah

Postby Ashlah » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:43 pm UTC

Bought my boyfriend a banjo for either his birthday (Dec 7th) or Christmas. Turns out it's backordered, likely until after the New Year. And why did I not realize this before? Because the site where I ordered it says "Arrives by 12/12!" on the page, and has a big check mark next to it. But apparently the check mark needs to be green for that to mean anything. Awesome, and not totally misleading at all.

Plus they didn't send me confirmation of purchase, only something about it being backordered, and I no longer remember which card I used to pay for it, nor exactly how much. Which is a problem because it doesn't charge until it ships, so I need to make sure I have the right amount available (if it's on my low-limit credit card rather than my debit) at all times for the next month.
Last edited by Ashlah on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:52 pm UTC

Ashlah wrote:Bought my boyfriend a banjo for either his birthday (7th) or Christmas.

Your boyfriend is currently 6 years old? trollface.jpg
But yeah, that's a sucky sucky shipment system in almost every way. :(

SecondTalon wrote:Look! I can repeat things I read heard to show that I read heard it! Aren't I awesome?

What 90% of the comments on youtube consist of nowadays...
Ptolom wrote:penis

philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger

Postby philsov » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:46 pm UTC

on the contrary!

Here's the most recent screencap of the lunar landing video.

It's mostly just trolls trolling trolls from what I can tell.
Attachments
youtube.JPG
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.

Ashlah

Postby Ashlah » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:
Ashlah wrote:Bought my boyfriend a banjo for either his birthday (7th) or Christmas.

Your boyfriend is currently 6 years old? trollface.jpg.

Haha whoops! Didn't even consider that interpretation. That's what I get for trying to be brief.

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:13 pm UTC

I just did the math and it turns out I'll probably be in the lab for four solid days next week. This fucking sucks horrible donkey balls. If I had any other job prospects I'd think about quitting over this.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

Amie

Postby Amie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:14 pm UTC

I was so fucking excited about doing the Slut Walk later today but it just got canceled because a bunch of fucknuts wouldn't get off their moral "high grounds". I want to kill myself or kill them or do both. This shit depresses me.
Summer is miles and miles away, and no one would ask me to stay.
And I, should contemplate this change... to ease the pain.
And I, should step out of the rain... turn away.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:21 pm UTC

If I can't fix this oscilloscope by the end of the weeked, I'm just going to declare the whole thing a pile of crap and canibalise it for parts. It is slowly driving me insane with it's dodgy power supply, unlocatable arcing, and spider infestation.

Return to “General”