Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:42 pm UTC

You could also kindly notify people why the word offends you, and recognize that people who aren't from the UK may not be being ignorant or intentionally insensitive. You've a few times now effectively demanded people not use the word. You may have better luck with a different tact, is all I'm saying.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby broken_escalator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:49 pm UTC

So basically, just suggesting a change of speaking habits.

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby felltir » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:59 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:You could also kindly notify people why the word offends you, and recognize that people who aren't from the UK may not be being ignorant or intentionally insensitive. You've a few times now effectively demanded people not use the word. You may have better luck with a different tact, is all I'm saying.


I'm not demanding anything, of anyone. I simply read something I didn't like, and asked the person who posted it not to say it again.

I don't feel I was a dick about the term being used. I just asked, politely, for someone not to use those words. If anyone feels otherwise, please say so.

I didn't realise I had to prove the legitimacy of my offence before it would be accepted, but if that's what people would prefer, I'm happy to provide that in future.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:08 pm UTC

An explanation of why someone shouldn't use those words would probably be useful. I know that for my part, as someone who grew up in the US, I had no idea what the problem was. It was little more clear than if you'd asked them not to use the word spatula.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:11 pm UTC

I'm telling you, politely, that your approach to getting people to not use that word is not exactly diplomatic. As someone who was also on the receiving end of your request previously.

I'm not trying to point a finger or start a fight; I'm simply informing you that I feel you may have better luck convincing people to be cognizant of the words meaning to others (particularly those from the UK) if you do more than give a single sentence demand/request.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:11 pm UTC

Yeah, in general, if someone just asks (no matter how politely) me not to say a certain thing with no explanation? I'm probably just going to totally ignore the request. If they can give a reasonable explanation (doesn't even have to be very in-depth) I'm likely going make an attempt.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26823
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby gmalivuk » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:48 pm UTC

felltir wrote:otherwise
Please don't use that word.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:17 pm UTC

philsov wrote:Regarding the UK usage of spaz/spastic -- does it exist in a verb form?
No, but weirdly enough you can twat someone - i.e. hit them; twat also means female genitals.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby felltir » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
felltir wrote:otherwise
Please don't use that word.

Given it's been discussed now that people probably ought to explain why, can I ask why?
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26823
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby gmalivuk » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:47 pm UTC

Now you want me to prove the legitimacy of my offense before it's accepted?
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Zarq » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

felltir wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:
felltir wrote:otherwise
Please don't use that word.

Given it's been discussed now that people probably ought to explain why, can I ask why?


Linked because it's a bit too big.
Last edited by Zarq on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:59 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:Now you want me to prove the legitimacy of my offense before it's accepted?
You forgot to say please.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26823
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby gmalivuk » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:16 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:Now you want me to prove the legitimacy of my offense before it's accepted?
You forgot to say please.

gmalivuk wrote:
felltir wrote:otherwise
Please don't use that word.
Huh?
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:21 pm UTC

... nothing to see here. Let's just pretend I don't fail at reading.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
Red Hal
Magically Delicious
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Red Hal » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:29 pm UTC

Yeah. Just for reference, spaz and retard are widely regarded as highly offensive in the U.K. For those who may be unfamiliar with them they are considered as being nearly as offensive as nigger.

Now, I'm not going to ask anyone not to use them, but I feel it would aid understanding if people were aware that a reasonable minority of people on this forum find those terms rather offensive. Whether you choose to use them or not is up to you, obviously.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

elminster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: London, UK, Dimensions 1 to 42.
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby elminster » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:45 pm UTC

Yeah, I'd agree with the sentiment about spaz/retard given by Red Hal. I think the more common use of "retard" in the USA would given the appearance that it's not that offensive, but still pretty offensive here.
I still find it rather funny how they use "retard" in physics as it's normal meaning of "to be slowed" or "to be delayed". Technically if you're slowing someone down on their journey, they're being retarded. Don't think anyone would take too kindly to using that definition of the word in relation to them.

Reading Reddit a bit ago when they showed that they were getting DDoS'd and kinda goes to show it doesn't matter what size you are you're vulnerable. Also, the value of good hosting who offer DDoS protection. It ran a little slower, but was still usable.
Recently the our game server been getting DDoS attacks, where our previous hoster asked for more than what we were paying for hardware level protection. So naturally the server was barely able to run with some custom software protection they offered with a 2.1Gb/s attack. Somehow they managed to peak 8.1Gb/s this time around, but hosting company been dealing with it. Rather impressive since that's >99% of our traffic on average.
Don't really have any good ideas how to solve it, but something in the future needs to be done to more quickly mitigate DDoS attacks, esp. with the rise of consumer level gigabit connections.
Image

User avatar
eSOANEM
:D
Posts: 3652
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:39 pm UTC
Location: Grantabrycge

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby eSOANEM » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:07 pm UTC

elminster wrote:I still find it rather funny how they use "retard" in physics as it's normal meaning of "to be slowed" or "to be delayed". Technically if you're slowing someone down on their journey, they're being retarded. Don't think anyone would take too kindly to using that definition of the word in relation to them.


"retard" is sometimes used like that in the UK too although students tend to either laugh (if they're asshats and think laughing at mentally disabled people is the height of wit) or wince a little. There aren't many people who are comfortable with it just because it's a different usage.
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby The Scyphozoa » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:47 pm UTC

Kind of ironic that it's worse in the UK, but SeaNanners (YouTuber, American) pronounces it "retahted" when he says it.
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

JudeMorrigan
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby JudeMorrigan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:41 am UTC

Honestly, retard is a pretty awful term here in the U.S. too. It would be considered unacceptable in any of the social circles I run in.

User avatar
Pfhorrest
Posts: 5480
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Pfhorrest » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:14 am UTC

eSOANEM wrote:
elminster wrote:I still find it rather funny how they use "retard" in physics as it's normal meaning of "to be slowed" or "to be delayed". Technically if you're slowing someone down on their journey, they're being retarded. Don't think anyone would take too kindly to using that definition of the word in relation to them.


"retard" is sometimes used like that in the UK too although students tend to either laugh (if they're asshats and think laughing at mentally disabled people is the height of wit) or wince a little. There aren't many people who are comfortable with it just because it's a different usage.

If there's any usage that should be completely inoffensive it's the physics one, as it's the oldest and the source of the "mentally disabled" sense (and derivative derogatory senses). Someone who is "mentally retarded" is literally someone whose mental processes work more slowly than typical or someone whose mental development proceeds more slowly than typical -- I forget which, but in either case the "retardation" meaning a literal slowness in exactly the same sense as used in physics. All the mental health and derogatory senses are derived from the sense of literal slowness.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

User avatar
eSOANEM
:D
Posts: 3652
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:39 pm UTC
Location: Grantabrycge

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby eSOANEM » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:25 am UTC

Yeah. There's no reason for people to be offended, but the word has become so offensive on its own that it's tainted all other usages (less so in the older generation for whom it seems a perfectly natural and ok usage and also less so for the youngest generation who are heavily influenced in their use of it by American usage). I suspect a similar perfectly innocent term which would still cause it's audience to wince would be "niggardly" which is entirely unrelated to the other word it happens to share two syllables with. Nonetheless, I suspect many people would feel very uncomfortable with the term.
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

2652
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:02 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby 2652 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:19 am UTC

philsov wrote: If we amend it to "nobody new will love you until you love yourself" I find it's pretty spot on. Love (to/from another person) is usually formed from a combination of shared experience and reciprocity/altruism, which are between rare and zero if one never leaves their room or has the thoughtfulness/kindness of a sack of potatoes. Neurodivergent people are most certainly worthy of love (arguably need it MORE than your typical, self-lover) but due to mechanics plus probability it just doesn't always pan out which can result in a very unpleasant feedback loop.


Thanks for the sorta-welcome!

I'd rather amend to something like "loving yourself will help you find love", in my experience new people can get to know and love me as long as I deal with my issues in a way so that I don't hurt them. This is just nitpicking, I agree with most of what you say about how love is formed, it's just that I feel that even though I've come to a stage where I can get out, meet people and treat them well I do not feel positive in regards to myself. I can imagine that for some people loving or at least accepting yourself comes first, but for me and many others it's a continued struggle even after we're pretty much functioning in every other way and we can and should find new friends and lovers without having to think about our illnesses as making us incapable of that.

Noc wrote: The thing about my depression is that it's fucking debilitating when it crops up and I can't fight it -- which is most of the time, because I'm not very good at fighting it. But fighting it is a thing I have to do to be a functional fucking human being, and the last thing I fucking want is for people to stop insisting that I should love myself because they're trying to be respectful. I do need to love myself.


I think you misunderstood my point, I'm not angry about people telling me or anyone else to love ourselves, I'm very grateful to people who have tried to teach me that. The thing I'm mad about is that lots of people say nobody else will love me unless I do, that implies that as a person I am completely unlovable and have been for most my life, and that's pretty discouraging and an assholish thing to say. I'm completely behind helping and telling people to love themselves I just don't want the implication that if you can't do that you're an unlovable little jerk. I'm sorry that I made you angry and I hope this makes my meaning clearer.

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Zarq » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

My sister keeps lending out my dvds to her friends, without asking me. And they take ridiculously long to give them back. I'm not talking about a single movie that takes them 2 weeks. I'm talking about series that take them months. And knowing my sister and how her friendships go, in those 3 months the friendship could end like 10 times.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
Wednesday
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 6:31 pm UTC
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Wednesday » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:28 pm UTC

Step one: put them in your room.
Step two: always be masturbating in your room.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Menacing Spike » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:58 pm UTC

Do you have something sticky you could coat the dvds with?

User avatar
Wednesday
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 6:31 pm UTC
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Wednesday » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:06 am UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:Do you have something sticky you could coat the dvds with?



wednesday wrote:Step two: always be masturbating in your room.

I can't and won't believe that you didn't do that on purpose.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

User avatar
SurgicalSteel
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm UTC
Location: DMV, USA

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SurgicalSteel » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:00 am UTC

"What do we always say in psychology? There are no accidents."
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

User avatar
addams
Posts: 10331
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby addams » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:08 am UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:"What do we always say in psychology? There are no accidents."

If you always say that in psychology then you are Wrong some times.
Because! There are Accidents!
Just because some of them look like The Virgin Mary or Mohammed does not make them On Purposes.

Spoiler:
oh. We can not say nor type the word Retarded?
good God. Where is this going?

A two word vocabulary in English?
Shit. Fuck. Shit. Fuck.
Kind of, says it all.

Who needs a bunch of words with more than one meaning?
Who needs a bunch of words that sound like other words?
(What is This? French?!)
Who needs words with subtle meanings?

We don't need to ban books.
We can ban the Language, One word at a Time.

To be fair, a less lazy and more experienced mind can find a synonym.
The internet has Thesaurus.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby ahammel » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 am UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:What do we always say in psychology?
"You have an Oedipus complex?"
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:48 am UTC

I don't get why they call it an Oedipus complex. Oedipus had sex with a woman, who happened to be his estranged mother, not even one he could observe the behavior of and wish to find in a woman. And when he found out she was his mother, he gouged his eyes out. This does not describe an Oedipal complex.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
addams
Posts: 10331
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby addams » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:45 am UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:I don't get why they call it an Oedipus complex. Oedipus had sex with a woman, who happened to be his estranged mother, not even one he could observe the behavior of and wish to find in a woman. And when he found out she was his mother, he gouged his eyes out. This does not describe an Oedipal complex.

What the Hell does that describe?
Not something common. (I hope.)
Spoiler:
Self mutilation? eeww. It was common for a while, fell out of favor with the Common Folk.
Now, it is Back again with a vengeance.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5941
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Angua » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:52 am UTC

Probably because there aren't many examples around of a guy sleeping with his mother (for any reason) and killing his father (for any reason), and linking things to the Greek classics makes you sound so much cooler.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Menacing Spike » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:12 am UTC

Angua wrote:linking things to the Greek classics makes you sound so much cooler.


"XXX MEGASEX Tube - Hot Bitch Penetrated By Horsecock Almost Larger Than The One In Homer's Illiad"

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Zarq » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 am UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:
Angua wrote:linking things to the Greek classics makes you sound so much cooler.


"XXX MEGASEX Tube - Hot Bitch Penetrated By Horsecock Almost Larger Than The One In Homer's Illiad"


The Trojan horse story isn't in the Iliad, it's in the Aeneid.

At least that's what I think you're referring to. It's possible I'm not at the the "Helen gets fucked by a giant horsepenis" part yet.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Menacing Spike » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:57 pm UTC

The joke was that internet porn titles are usually very innacurate.

Fire Brns
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:25 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Fire Brns » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

Helen was the daughter of human Leda and goose Zeus. So that's still uncomfortably close to the mark.
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:It was the Renaissance. Everyone was Italian.

User avatar
Tomlidich the second
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:38 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Tomlidich the second » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:05 pm UTC

just a general rant here, or maybe im missing something, but this forum doesn't seem to have a section particularly suited for gearheads? car and motorcycle enthusiasts, mechanics, kludgers, etc, where do we go?
Image

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Zarq » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:08 pm UTC

Tomlidich the second wrote:just a general rant here, or maybe im missing something, but this forum doesn't seem to have a section particularly suited for gearheads? car and motorcycle enthusiasts, mechanics, kludgers, etc, where do we go?


You can make a gearhead thread in General.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

Fire Brns
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:25 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Fire Brns » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:24 pm UTC

I'd participate in a kludge thread.
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:It was the Renaissance. Everyone was Italian.

User avatar
Kewangji
Has Been Touched
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Kewangji » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:34 pm UTC

I've used Windows 8 for about 2 hours total and I think I have an ulcer now. This was a bad decision.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests