Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Tomlidich the second

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Tomlidich the second » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:58 pm UTC

So verizon, in their ultimate wisdom decided to accept our order for a change of static IP addresses (125 of them) and promptly changed it this morning, without notice, without telling us what the IP addresses are.

took an hour of calling them, going through broken machine answering service, incompetent verizon employees, and general fussiness about it until someone told me my IP address range. Proceed with running to computer, furiously typing in cisco router commands, changing DNS IP addresses, etc. all morning so my clients don't get upset that their sh*t is down.

You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up i am with this.

RollingHead

Postby RollingHead » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:28 pm UTC

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up i am with this.

Can I just say I really like this sentence?

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:31 pm UTC

Indeed.
A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.
- Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate (2 Jul 1877-1962)

addams

Postby addams » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:37 pm UTC

RollingHead wrote:
Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up i am with this.

Can I just say I really like this sentence?

Where do you want that middle finger?

They sometimes show up hovering above a person's head.
The Element of Surprise. Chemistry? Or; Existentialism?

What? It's a great sentence.
The Man should have another middle finger if he needs one.

I am almost certain there are Tee Shirts in Cities that have an extra middle finger built in.
You can cover it, the way I used to cover my uniform.

No one needs to know.
It is private what you wear in the lab.

A vest would cover it up.
You would know it is there, to lend a helping hand, when needed.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:59 pm UTC

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Re: Pant tread (because we need more panting)

Postby Jave D » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:28 am UTC

There's a party or something somewhere, and so the night is pockmarked by the stupid drunken shouts of stupid drunk people. Why do people do that? They get drunk, and then they have to go "WOOOOOOOOO!" into the night for no reason. I been to a lot of parties and gotten drunk (and on drugs) many, many, many, many times, and I never did that sort of thing. The girls go "WOOOO" and the guys might go "YEEEEAAAH" or some unintelligible yawp. It makes me think they're probably like 18 years old at most and drunk for the first time and so they think that's what you do. They probably smoke pot and after their first hit are like "oh my gawd, I'm like so totally stoned, ha ha ha ha!" too. Because annoying. Stupid drunks. I hope they get cirrhosis of the liver after 20 years of alcoholism and their lives end in pathetic misery!

RollingHead

Postby RollingHead » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:37 pm UTC

Jave D wrote:deh's a party or someting somewhere, an' so de night be pockmarked by de stupid drunken shouts ah stupid drunk people dem. Why do people dem do dat? dey get drunk, an' den dey have a go "WOOOOOOOOO!" into de night for no reason. I been to a lot ah parties an' gotten drunk (an' pon drugs) many, many, many, many times, an' I never did dat sort ah ting. de gyul dem go "WOOOO" an' de guys might go "YEEEEAAAH" or some unintelligible yawp. It makes me tink dey're probably like 18 years old at most an' drunk for de first time an' so dey tink dat's wa you do. dey probably smoke pot an' after dey first hit be like "oh me gawd, Me be like so totally stoned, ha ha ha ha!" too. Because annoying. Stupid drunks. I hope dey get cirrhosis ah de liver after 20 years ah alcoholism an' dey lives end in pathetic misery!

I get this a lot in my city. They're actually more like 25, which just makes it sadder.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:24 pm UTC

RollingHead wrote:
Jave D wrote:deh's a party or someting somewhere, an' so de night be pockmarked by de stupid drunken shouts ah stupid drunk people dem dem. Why do people dem dem do dat? dey get drunk, an' den dey have a go "WOOOOOOOOO!" into de night for no reason. I been to a lot ah parties an' gotten drunk (an' pon drugs) many, many, many, many times, an' I never did dat sort ah ting. de gyul dem go "WOOOO" an' de guys might go "YEEEEAAAH" or some unintelligible yawp. It makes me tink dey're probably like 18 years old at most an' drunk for de first time an' so dey tink dat's wa you do. dey probably smoke pot an' after dey first hit be like "oh me gawd, Me be like so totally stoned, ha ha ha ha!" too. Because annoying. Stupid drunks. I hope dey get cirrhosis ah de liver after 20 years ah alcoholism an' dey lives end in pathetic misery!

I get dis a lot in me city. dey're actually more like 25, which just makes it sadder.

United States University Cities have a unique Flavor.

Somewhere between a Drunken Brawl and New Orleans before The Flood.
Santa Barbara and Eugene Oregon are the two worse examples I have ever seen.

(fuck) Learning to be adults?
Experimenting with the edges?

Who knows?
Why do University Students act that way?

Some Really want to.
Chico was a word some people used.

It was not an excuse.
It was an explanation.

I was at work at a Universtiy.
My co-worker was not 'with it'.

I asked, "What's wrong with you?"
My co-worker hung it poor little head and said, "Chico."

Some people arranged a Transfer.
Other people used Chico as an Indulgence.

Santa Barbara and Eugene and Chico are Party School Towns.
I did not go to a Party School.

I have seen Party School Towns.
They look like every other city, at first blush.

There is no way in God's Heaven I would have gotten away with that behavior.
Thank the Gods.

Someone would have pulled me into an Office full of Smarty Pants and well......
I may have needed to sit in Barbara's Office for a while.

Spoiler:
So, funny.
Imagine a thirty-five year old professional in Time Out in Barbara's Office.

I did not end up sitting behind Barbara's Office Door because I was bad.
I sat behind Barbara's Office Door, with her permission, because I was good.

Drunken University Students.
I don't understand it.

When I talk to them, they try to explain it and fail.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

el matematico

Postby el matematico » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:40 am UTC

Why do people believe in homeopathy? It angers me that so many pleople close to me believe that stuff, and that I was "treated" with it without succes. I grew up thinking that it was actual medicine and by extension, that most medicine was just about as ineffective.
This is my blog (in Spanish). It's not perfect, but it's mine. http://falaci.blogspot.com/

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:45 am UTC

Some (maybe most) people seem to have a need for a bit of magic in their lives. There simply *has* to be something that Science Can't Explain, because if not then we're dead when we're dead.

Or something, iunno. It's a strong predilection we're fighting -- if we can vanquish homeopathy and crystals, we will probably get more Quantum Woo.
A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.
- Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate (2 Jul 1877-1962)

el matematico

Postby el matematico » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:43 am UTC

Alternative medicine in general scares and angers me. I fear what would happen if, for example, anti vaccines woo spreaded in my country, where medical aid is not accesible and many supposedly erradicated diseases still linger around.
This is my blog (in Spanish). It's not perfect, but it's mine. http://falaci.blogspot.com/

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:18 am UTC

el matematico wrote:Why do people believe in homeopathy? It angers me that so many pleople close to me believe that stuff, and that I was "treated" with it without succes. I grew up thinking that it was actual medicine and by extension, that most medicine was just about as ineffective.

There's also the doubling down that some people do - that as, say, a parent, you do things to your kid on the belief that they're helping and your kid suffers or dies... you either admit you were wrong, and the suffering and death could have been prevented had you not had your own head up your ass...

Or you double down and believe even harder and that your kid's failure is a fluke, not the usual.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:32 am UTC

Tim Minchin, in 'Storm' wrote:By definition (I begin), alternative medicine (I continue) has either not been proved to work or been proved not to work. Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine.

And I think that video should be compulsory viewing.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:08 am UTC

Suzaku wrote:
Tim Minchin, in 'Storm' wrote:By definition (I begin), alternative medicine (I continue) has either not been proved to work or been proved not to work. Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine.
And I think that video should be compulsory viewing.
Or roughly the same argument, but in comic form: https://xkcd.com/808/
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:27 am UTC

"Well, people are different and it works for me!"
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

yurell

Postby yurell » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:41 am UTC

I prefer the non-animated versions of Storm (such as this one); I think his facial expressions and body language tells the story so much better, and the inflexion in his voice is so very different.
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?

Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:56 pm UTC

referring to previous rant:
work situation has calmed down a heap, we got a new programmer in who is really kind of a wiz at this, and we are hopefully going to hold on to him awhile. I can finally breathe a bit.

today's rant:
Insurance comapny very nearly cancelled my auto policy today. I absolutely love their insurance, but damn they never contact me about my bills until it is way too late.

PolakoVoador

Postby PolakoVoador » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:16 am UTC

Why are there so many ignorant bigots roaming around?

Today my girlfriend was seriously verbally assaulted because of the clothes she was wearing, in a university study group. The asshat tryied to justify it saying he has Asperger's and is an Evangelic. Well, guess what, dipshit: none of these things is a free pass to being a general asshole around other people, as evidenced by everyone who manages not being one.

The clothes in question? Shorts. And, in his own words, "above the knee shorts".

Fuck, I think it was a good thing I was not present whe all this happened, I'm not sure how I would react. I just came home to find my girlfriend in tears because of it.

Now, hoping for the university to take some administrative action. The least I expecting is that this guy is expelled from the study group.

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:10 am UTC

Very very minor pant: I purchased some grains today for an upcoming brew day, but unfortunately I fucked up one of the ingredients. More unfortunately, the guy at the store was nice enough to mill it all and put it in a single bag for me (not being sarcastic, this would have been very convenient if one of the ingredients I'd bought had not been wrong). Now I have to buy the entire grain bill again instead of just the one grain I fucked up. I'm just glad I'm doing a half-batch instead of a full batch, it won't cost as much to replace the grains.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

addams

Postby addams » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:43 am UTC

PolakoVoador wrote:Why are there so many ignorant bigots roaming around?

Today my girlfriend was seriously verbally assaulted because of the clothes she was wearing, in a university study group. The asshat tryied to justify it saying he has Asperger's and is an Evangelic. Well, guess what, dipshit: none of these things is a free pass to being a general asshole around other people, as evidenced by everyone who manages not being one.

The clothes in question? Shorts. And, in his own words, "above the knee shorts".

Fuck, I think it was a good thing I was not present whe all this happened, I'm not sure how I would react. I just came home to find my girlfriend in tears because of it.

Now, hoping for the university to take some administrative action. The least I expecting is that this guy is expelled from the study group.

Fashion??
Really?
jeeze.

To exclude that AssHat might be the exact Wrong thing to do.
Include him.

Until he can see it your way or you have proven your worth by not committing a violent crime.
Seriosly. You and your girlfriend can be a little Evanglical, too.

You can show him the Joy of ManWatching.
University Campuses are wonderful ManWatching places.

How uptight is that man?
Does he Judge every single person?

Class and good taste and sexual history and sexual futures are all out in the open in their clothes?
The Poor Man. He may be suffering from OverStimulation.

He has to go though so much data to judge everyone.
Burkas for men and women would take a lot of pressure off of him.

Is he upset over what he thinks her clothes make other people think?
Is he upset because her knees drive him into a sexually distracted state?

Don't drive him away.
Find out not Why he is a Freak.

Find out what kind of a Freak he is.
Those are going to be some Weird conversations.

Good Luck.
Pack an extra set of humor.
You are going to need it.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:06 pm UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:Very very minor pant: I purchased some grains today for an upcoming brew day, but unfortunately I fucked up one of the ingredients. More unfortunately, the guy at the store was nice enough to mill it all and put it in a single bag for me (not being sarcastic, this would have been very convenient if one of the ingredients I'd bought had not been wrong). Now I have to buy the entire grain bill again instead of just the one grain I fucked up. I'm just glad I'm doing a half-batch instead of a full batch, it won't cost as much to replace the grains.

You should absolutely brew that batch of grains alongside whatever else you were supposed to be doing just to see what happens.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:09 pm UTC

Oh I definitely plan to. Normally I probably would have just rolled with it, but this is the first time I'm brewing a recipe I put together myself, so I want it to be what I planned, not what I accidentally bought. At least I get twice as much beer, twice as many muffins, and twice as many dog treats!
--Flobots "Mayday"

Link

Postby Link » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:05 pm UTC

So I bought an el-cheapo Chinese Android phone thinking I could root it and have myself a decent device. There's a thread on the XDA-developers forum about rooting phones with the same processor, and it all looked rather doable. Turns out that, nope, somehow my phone is weirder than all those other phones, so it's now officially a brick. So bricked, in fact, that I can only get it to do anything at all when it's plugged into USB, which lets me get to fastboot mode -- but attempting flash anything causes it to power itself off. I think this is simply because the battery has run out of juice, and it just won't charge any more, but I can't even be sure of that.

I might try JTAGing it some day (if this guy can make his actual hard drive run Linux, then breathing some life into something that was already built to run some form of Linux should be comparatively easy). I've already ordered a new, more reputable phone, but this has set me back a total of €130 instead of the €40 I'd hoped for. Blergh.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:07 am UTC

My Turn.
Rant:

Some weird guy showed up last night.
He said he was from the US Census. (shrug)

He wanted in.
He was asking questions that are not Census questions.

I declined to answer, some questions.
He was mildly threatening. Not much.

Still.
What is Wrong with Me?
Paranoid? ech. Not really.

I am not going to tell some strange Stranger my birth date, birth place, Legal Name.
He started to ask Medical Questions. What is Up with that?

Stalker?
Weird-o?
US Census Worker?
xkcd Poster?
Who the Fuck Knows?

We did not Hit It Off.
(creepy-shivvers)

I like people, yet...

Spoiler:
Mean, creepy, dangerous, course, manipulative, out of control, ect..
The list could go on.

Refrigerator Magnets.
Or; Dice.

Every time we interact with one another we are Rolling the Dice.
The dice are heavily Loaded. Who loaded your dice?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:56 am UTC

I'm sorry, addams, that sounds rather scary. I'm glad you did not answer his questions.

Recently someone really creepy (a stranger, to boot) has started texting me and conventional wisdom tells me to ignore him until he goes away but it makes me angry and I want to scare him away from creepy-texting people at all. It's not the same situation at all, but felt slightly relevant to bring up.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

addams

Postby addams » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:09 am UTC

Kewangji wrote:I'm sorry, addams, that sounds rather scary. I'm glad you did not answer his questions.

Recently someone really creepy (a stranger, to boot) has started texting me and conventional wisdom tells me to ignore him until he goes away but it makes me angry and I want to scare him away from creepy-texting people at all. It's not the same situation at all, but felt slightly relevant to bring up.

Thank you.
The creepy texting is Weird, too.

Do you know where it is coming from?
At least I could see the guy that showed up here.

Please do not attempt to frighten the Texter.
Unless you are a Total AssHole you can not beat them at their Game.

Ignore until it disappears.
Or;
Turn it over to a person that has both authority and skill.

i have had some Weird experiences.
One guy was attempting to frighten me.

He frightened himself.
He took me out in what he thinks of as Wilderness.

Then he got frightened of the eerie fog and all the quiet.
He talked about Eddie Krooger.

He took me out there to scare me and I was comforting him.
So funny. I said, "Don't worry. I'm here."

He asked, "What are you going to do to protect me?"
I told him, "Not much. It will Get me, while you run."

He laughed.
So strange.

Still. I felt pretty good about it.
I made a Gangster Laugh.

It was the situation.
I guess, ya' had to be there.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:26 am UTC

Yes, I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to beat them at their game. It's the middle of the night now so I'm thinking of calling them to ruin their day and then turn off my phone at night for the foreseeable future.

Edit: urgh no I'm just going to sleep. Better think this plan through and ruin their Monday rather than their Sunday.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

addams

Postby addams » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:33 am UTC

Kewangji wrote:Yes, I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to beat them at their game. It's the middle of the night now so I'm thinking of calling them to ruin their day and then turn off my phone at night for the foreseeable future.

Edit: urgh no I'm just going to sleep. Better think this plan through and ruin their Monday rather than their Sunday.

If you can call and wake them.
!!DO!!

Before you go to sleep, just hit the button.
Then after you Yawn, do it again.

Roll over, turn off your phone and go to sleep.
Think about it, later.

Are you certain you have a creepy Texter?

You will think of a way.
Maybe, xkcd knows of a way.

Be safe and rest easy.
The phone can't Get you.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

roband

Postby roband » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 am UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:Oh I definitely plan to. Normally I probably would have just rolled with it, but this is the first time I'm brewing a recipe I put together myself, so I want it to be what I planned, not what I accidentally bought. At least I get twice as much beer, twice as many muffins, and twice as many dog treats!

Could you explain to me which part makes the muffins? Is it leftovers?

I ask because my uncle brews his own beer, but has never made muffins - and if this is something extra we can get from stuff he'd otherwise bin, I wanna know about it :)

betafrogg

Postby betafrogg » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:52 pm UTC

I just wanted to post a panting thread about a IRC XKCD meet-up and include a helpful panting link and now I'm here posting to you panters because I have to up my panting post score and prove I'm not a panting spammer. I'm not for pant's sake and whoever came up with this panted up system for people to prove they're not panting spambots can go pant themselves.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:53 pm UTC

Bro, do you even pant?
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:34 pm UTC

I went to see my friends' Ultimate Frisbee match yesterday, and sat on the east side of the field. It was colder than expected, and pretty windy, so it wasn't the most pleasant day out, but at least it was sunny and didn't rain (their last game was played on a field that was more lake than field). But I didn't use any sunscreen, so now the entire right hand side of my face, and the back of my right hand, are sunburnt.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:45 pm UTC

Adacore wrote:I went to see my friends' Ultimate Frisbee match yesterday, and sat on the east side of the field. It was colder than expected, and pretty windy, so it wasn't the most pleasant day out, but at least it was sunny and didn't rain (their last game was played on a field that was more lake than field). But I didn't use any sunscreen, so now the entire right hand side of my face, and the back of my right hand, are sunburnt.

ech.
Wind Burn.
Sun Burn.
It's a Burn.
Treat it like a Burn and it will heal.

Then; Stop That!

Take a scarf.
Or; a hat.
Or; sunblock.
The sunblock, blocks wind, too.

Any grease will.
Sunblock is sweet smelling grease.

Did the Players have fun?
Running through water to catch a Frisbee!
How can that Not be Fun??

Not catching The Frisbee is Not all that much Fun.
I am not good at catching The Frisbee.

How cold was the Water?
Did you take a viedo clip?

What fun!
How did you manage to stay off the Field?

Is the Game, really, so formalized that a water hazard does not attract amateurs and dogs?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:02 am UTC

addams wrote:I am not good at catching The Frisbee.

How cold was the Water?

What fun!

Is the Game, really, so formalized that a water hazard does not attract amateurs and dogs?

I'm pretty bad at catching (frisbees, and any thing else) too. Reasonably good at catching a cold, though, apparently, since I've had one of those for the last week.

The game is pretty formalized. It's like any other sport - they have team jerseys, and play 50 minute matches with two halves (normally, Ultimate is strange in that 'half time' only occurs when one team gets to 6 points, and sometimes that never happens for low-scoring games, so it's possible for there to be no half time in a game). I took a few pictures with my friend's camera, but the battery died pretty fast. I need to get a camera of my own.

addams

Postby addams » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:07 am UTC

Adacore wrote:
addams wrote:I am not good at catching The Frisbee.

How cold was the Water?

What fun!

I'm pretty bad at catching (frisbees, and any thing else) too. Reasonably good at catching a cold, though, apparently, since I've had one of those for the last week.

The game is pretty formalized. It's like any other sport - they have team jerseys, and play 50 minute matches with two halves (normally, Ultimate is strange in that 'half time' only occurs when one team gets to 6 points, and sometimes that never happens for low-scoring games, so it's possible for there to be no half time in a game). I took a few pictures with my friend's camera, but the battery died pretty fast. I need to get a camera of my own.

Thank you.
That is interesting.

Points and Everything.
How UpTown.

I considered it a Win if I could find the Frisbee at the end of the day.
Catching a Frisbee is Fun!

I am sorry you have a Cold.
Do you know the 5 day rule?

If you treat that cold, you will feel better in 5 days.
If you don't treat that cold, you will feel better in 5 days.

Treat that Cold!
It won't make you well.

do it anyway.
you'll like it.

***Edit:
I have a little Rant.
The Music.

uummm. What are the Metrics for Music?
Music Majors know that stuff.

Still...This is a Get Off My Lawn, Rant.
There was talk of Revolution in the 1960's and 1970's.

It was In The Air.
ech. What do I want to say?

The lyrics spoke of Vulnerabilities.
Not always. Often.

It is the Kind I like.
Old Folk Songs.
New Folk Songs.

Just a bit of Rock.
Long Sweeping Arcs of Gentle Classical
It was a common Flavor of Music.

Today when I am exposed to the Music of The Masses,
The Music is often Violent and States Over and Over.
"I'm Tough. I'm Tough. Can't Hurt Me. Can't Touch This."

Did MC Hammer start it, all those many years ago?
The Voices in Our Heads are not very nice people.

Well?
What supports our Stupidity?
What supports our Shallowness?
The Culture! Everyone Knows!

Everyone Knows, Every Thing!
A Man became angry at me, today.
He was pissed.

Why?
Because he was talking and I was not understanding him.
I got out a piece of paper and a pen.

I started writing what he was saying.
As I wrote, I read what I was writing.

It's not that special a trick.
Loads of people can read their own writing.

I looked up at him and said, "Look. You lost my interest when you changed subject."
Jesus. He was Mad. I am not sure, Why.

It may be the Pen and Paper.
This bunch of Brutes may be Pen and Paper offended.

How fucking dare I write shit down?
This entire Class of people Text.

The written word is their Bitch.
It can't be That I write.
It must be What I write.

What I write is not so bad.
It's what I say that really incenses people.

Yep.
They get the Smoke pouring out the Ears; And Everything.
(not really. metaphorically)

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:25 pm UTC

You ever lose soemthing you swore was "right there"

so annoying.

Went into my room for some things last night, code not find them. Big bag o' spent shell casings, and more worryingly, about a pound of rifle powder.

I mean, its not technically an explosive, its a very fast burning propellant, but what the balls.

Whats really got me is those thigns only go in one place, the brass on my little work bench, and the powder in a drawer specifically designed/intended for such materials.

And now, the all day anxiety of not knowing where my stuff is. brilliant.

addams

Postby addams » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:54 pm UTC

Tomlidich the second wrote:You ever lose soemthing you swore was "right there"

so annoying.

Went into my room for some things last night, code not find them. Big bag o' spent shell casings, and more worryingly, about a pound of rifle powder.

I mean, its not technically an explosive, its a very fast burning propellant, but what the balls.

Whats really got me is those thigns only go in one place, the brass on my little work bench, and the powder in a drawer specifically designed/intended for such materials.

And now, the all day anxiety of not knowing where my stuff is. brilliant.

Yes. I sometimes misplace items.
One time my glasses were so lost I was attempting to find my Rx to attempt replacement.

I found them on top of my head.
I told another person what I was doing.

They asked me about the ones on my head.
There they were. Right were I left them.

What the Hell, Tom?
You lost a Bunch of Black Powder?

Do you have a little Brother?
Sisters are almost as much Trouble.
Do you have one of those?

Black Powder? Really?
That stuff is stable for 15 years or more.
After that it becomes an odd Gamble.

Like a fine Wine.
Old Black Powder.

It might be Great!
It might be a Fizzle.

One never knows with Old Black Powder.
What a great name for a Dog.

The unpredictable one.

**Edit** And, Rant!
American Media Pisses Me Off.
The American People, especially the Old Men, parrot it.

They talk about Billions.
Really?

How the fuck dare they?
At first, it was ok.

We all use words as we are learning how to use those words.
Those kinds of numbers are....well...Shocking.

The American Media, therefore the American People, are pretty darned puffed up for a group that is 4 Trillion Dollars in debt.

"4 Trillion and a Lego.
Let go my Ego."

The words mean nothing much to most.
It is simply an excuse to be an AssHole.

This is the stuff that starts Religious Wars.
How dare they use a Science word?
How dare they use a Science word, that way.

Who taught these AssHoles?
FOX.

What did FOX teach them?
Too fucking much.
And; Most of it Wrong.

(fuck) Where do you live?
Got Smart?

PS. Everyone seems to have something too large to do anything about to be angry about.
FOX tells its people what that is This Week. It's like Orwell's 1984, with a Twist.

I like Stability.
I am not Quick.

So; I cut out the middle man.
I have all the required feelings.

Anger, Disgust, Fear.
I am too slow to follow who to Hate.

So I hate the Messenger.
So, I want to Kill the Messenger.

jeeze. I was taught some weird stuff.
"Don't Kill The Messenger."

Over and Over and Over.
"Don't Kill The Messenger."

I loved those words.
Those words protected me.

Now, those words protect FOX. It's Not Fair!
FOX is big enough to take care of it's self.

More Edit; Because I can.
I think it is, "Don't Shoot the Messenger."

Think about it.
What if the fucking Messenger is a Pathological Liar?

Ya' can shoot him, without killing him.
(a light hearted approach is usually best)

A thing as large as FOX would be very dangerous if wounded.
(a person, group or organization must be practical)

If you shoot that thing, "Aim to Kill."
No one is more Powerful than American Media.

It is like something out of one of those Fantasy Horror Books.
I don't like those.

Stupid Morgigarth of Doom Toying with Humanity and Laughing his Evil Laugh.
Last edited by addams on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:26 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:01 pm UTC

roband wrote:Could you explain to me which part makes the muffins? Is it leftovers?

I ask because my uncle brews his own beer, but has never made muffins - and if this is something extra we can get from stuff he'd otherwise bin, I wanna know about it :)
Muffins:
http://shebrewsgoodale.wordpress.com/20 ... n-muffins/

Dog treats:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/spent-g ... ies-87097/

I can't find the specific banana bread muffin recipe I used to use, but that one should do, just replace blue berries with banana. Also, one thing I would say about the dog treats is don't cook them for four hours like it says, just use them quickly and keep them in the fridge. Cooking them for four hours makes them very very dry and too crunchy for my dog.

The part that you use is the leftover (spent) grains. If your uncle brews all-grain or specialty with extract, he will have a bunch of grains left over after steeping and boiling the flavor off them into the wort (sort of a pre-beer, before it's fermented and carbonated), like used tea leaves. If his process is pretty efficient, they won't have a lot of flavor left in them, but there will be some. Either way, they're mostly used for texture, structure and ruffage, rather than flavor.

On a side note, on brew day, after you've let them cool a bit, you can give your dog a bowl of the spent grains and, in my experience, they will absolutely love it. Just remember that the reason beer is bad for dogs is the hop oil in it, not anything to do with the grains (unless you're brewing with some grain that's poisonous to dogs on it's own, but I don't believe any of the standard beer grains are). So: grains are ok for dogs to eat, hops and anything with hops in it (including hopped wort and finished beer) are not ok.
--Flobots "Mayday"

roband

Postby roband » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:13 pm UTC

Good to know - thanks. I'll certainly be talking to him about this

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:52 pm UTC

addams wrote:What the Hell, Tom?
You lost a Bunch of Black Powder?

Do you have a little Brother?
Sisters are almost as much Trouble.
Do you have one of those?

Black Powder? Really?
That stuff is stable for 15 years or more.
After that it becomes an odd Gamble.

Going to pull a chemist here and correct ya, Black powder is something else entirely.

Black powder= Something of a dangerous explosive

Modern Propellant (Also known today as gun powder or just powder)= Very fast burning substance.

It needs a pressure vessel to be dangerous (like a gun barrel)

Also, dammit, im getting old.
remembered i sold that pound to a friend who really needed it for a competition he was competing in.

still does not explain where my brass went though *shifty eyes* perhaps my 19 year old little sister nabbed it for a craft project. they are shiny when i get em cleaned up how i do.

Return to “General”