Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:27 pm UTC

I only managed to get two hours of sleep last night. Now I'm sitting in the terminal at St. Louis Int'l Airport fighting to stay awake as I wait for my flight to Minneapolis. :(
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:32 pm UTC

From...Alaska, to St. Louis, to Minnesota? WTF?
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:35 pm UTC

I think he's murdering one person per day
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:37 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:From...Alaska, to St. Louis, to Minnesota? WTF?

No no no, I've been on leave in Iowa for the past couple weeks. I'm on my way back to Alaska.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm UTC

Good luck. Don't let the ubiquitous cerulean blue and gray depress you.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm UTC

Full circle baby, yeah!

The EGE wrote:

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:42 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:Good luck. Don't let the ubiquitous cerulean blue and gray depress you.

My flight from Minneapolis to Anchorage is six hours long. :(

And my seat is in the third-to-last row. :( :( :(

Thankfully, though, I get a window seat instead of a middle seat like on my flight to Minneapolis two weeks ago.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:43 pm UTC

I was referring to Lambert Field, which seems to be stuck in the '80s. But I guess most airplanes are those colors too. How's your portable music device?
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:45 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:I was referring to Lambert Field, which seems to be stuck in the '80s. But I guess most airplanes are those colors too. How's your portable music device?

Oh, sorry. It's the tiredness, I think.

I HATE LAMBERT FIELD. It's so drab and boring. And I have to pay for the WiFi. :evil:

Luckily, though, I get to spend four hours at Minneapolis/St. Paul. I love that airport. It's so warm and inviting.

EDIT: Also, my iPhone and iPod Touch are all loaded up and charged.

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:48 pm UTC

Giant Speck wrote:
podbaydoor wrote:I was referring to Lambert Field, which seems to be stuck in the '80s. But I guess most airplanes are those colors too. How's your portable music device?

Oh, sorry. It's the tiredness, I think.

I HATE LAMBERT FIELD. It's so drab and boring. And I have to pay for the WiFi. :evil:

Luckily, though, I get to spend four hours at Minneapolis/St. Paul. I love that airport. It's so warm and inviting.

EDIT: Also, my iPhone and iPod Touch are all loaded up and charged.

You're not staying in Minneapolis? Sucks for you. It's a glorious 75 degrees and partly cloudy. I wish I wasn't stuck in the office.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:49 pm UTC

PDX has always been my favorite airport. Good food, nice scenery, nice room to sit/lay. Good times.

IAD IS A FUCKING PIT.

The EGE wrote:

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:52 pm UTC

My favorite airport (so far) would have to be Dallas.

Surprisingly, I don't find St. Louis to be the worst I've been at, though. That title goes to both Phoenix (for being so fucking boring) and Kansas City (for its epically retarded security setup).

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:56 pm UTC

Yeah, the WiFi thing sucks at Lambert Field. It's free in Kansas City, but it's not as much of an international airport as St. Louis is.

Though oh my goodness, yes, the KC security thing is EFFED UP. Seriously, why should I have to go through that rigmarole just to exit, buy food that's INSIDE the airport, and enter again??

My least favorite airport is...hmm, either Lambert Field or Chicago (grr!). Favorite one for architecture is a tossup between Beijing for being mind-bogglingly huge, and Vancouver for being so overwhelmingly...well, Pacific Northwest-ish. Though DFW's newest D terminal is pretty cool (shiniest McDonald's I've ever seen). Most comfortable is either DFW or Narita. Oldest and shabbiest, Frankfurt (though we went through that one at a dead run so I can't say my impression of it was too accurate).
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:01 pm UTC

Have you been to CDG in France?

The EGE wrote:

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:01 pm UTC

The last time I flew into Kansas City, I accidentally left my coat on the plane. However, I didn't realize I had done it until I had just walked out of security. I had to wait outside security while a TSA agent walked over and notified the gate agent that I had left it on the plane. I had to wait even longer for them to find the coat.

I avoid Kansas City at all costs now. It's just too much of a hassle going through there.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:04 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:Have you been to CDG in France?

No, as far as Europe goes I've only been to the Frankfurt and Munich airports. What about France?

@Giant Speck: I haven't had too much trouble in KC/MDC (besides eating first, then entering the gate only in the last 30 minutes of boarding time), and I go there because I have friends who live there who can store my car and give me a ride to the airport. It really is an odd little airport, though.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:07 pm UTC

Charles De Gaulle, when I last went there, was undergoing some serious work and was almost completely unnavigable. Everything was blocked off in some form or fashion, and of course my gate transfer was on the opposite side of the terminal. The airport in Estonia was the only one in Europe that I had a harder time navigating.

The EGE wrote:

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:08 pm UTC

I really like the KC airport because there's not one giant security check point for the entire place. I don't think it's ever taken me longer than 15 minutes to get through security. It usually takes me longer to check into my flight and check my luggage.

However, I can see how that'd be a hassle if you were just passing through. There's kiosks behind security so you can get something to drink or a sandwich, but if you need to change terminals or go to a different gate not behind the same security checkpoint then that would be annoying.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:12 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:Charles De Gaulle, when I last went there, was undergoing some serious work and was almost completely unnavigable. Everything was blocked off in some form or fashion, and of course my gate transfer was on the opposite side of the terminal. The airport in Estonia was the only one in Europe that I had a harder time navigating.

My professor once told the story of going to Romania in the '80s while it was part of the Soviet bloc. He said they had everybody go through a checkpoint with soldiers who confiscated everything remotely "Western" and chucked it all into a big oil drum. How is transportation in East Europe these days?
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:18 pm UTC

The one I went to, who's name escapes me at the moment, was fairly run down in places. Not exactly a back-water hub, but it definitely needed some serious improvements. The service attendants were kind, and many of them were quite attractive, so it wasn't a horrible place, just very 3rd world.

The EGE wrote:

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:29 pm UTC

The Beijing customs and attendants were also very nice and smiled all the time, but that was because they had little approval rating buttons under their booths, where you could push the button for Excellent, Good, Needs Improvement, or Bad service as you went through. I always pushed "Excellent" because I was a little leery of what they did to the people who got too many Bads.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:32 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:The Beijing customs and attendants were also very nice and smiled all the time, but that was because they had little approval rating buttons under their booths, where you could push the button for Excellent, Good, Needs Improvement, or Bad service as you went through. I always pushed "Excellent" because I was a little leery of what they did to the people who got too many Bads.

I imagine there has to be a trap door involved.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Re: Rant Thread - The Spies of Faith

Postby Xeio » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:34 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:Aww fuck.

Spoiler:
It's Tuesday. :evil:

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:34 pm UTC

Well, you have to feed 1.7 billion people somehow.

The EGE wrote:

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:44 pm UTC

Nooooooo! SOY SAUCE IS PEOPLE!
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Kang

Postby Kang » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:45 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:Charles De Gaulle, when I last went there, was undergoing some serious work and was almost completely unnavigable. Everything was blocked off in some form or fashion, and of course my gate transfer was on the opposite side of the terminal. The airport in Estonia was the only one in Europe that I had a harder time navigating.

As far as I understand it, the majority of France is at all times under construction, on strike or protesting against something random.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:49 pm UTC

Kang wrote:

As far as I understand it, the majority of France is at all times under construction, on strike or protesting against something random.

Yeah, that wouldn't shock me. The only area that doesn't seem to change much is the area around the river Seine. I went there four different times, spaced over a decade, and it looked the same each time.

podbaydoor wrote:Nooooooo! SOY SAUCE IS PEOPLE!

My secret spice is the tears of children.

The EGE wrote:

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:01 pm UTC

With a little garnish of virginal blood, non?

Legit Rant:

RAGE.

Spoilered for anti-bisexual fuckery.
Spoiler:
So my normally liberal, progressive, gay-rights activist friend posted this on his FB today.
I was at a pub last night sharing a pint or four with a few friends when I expressed something I've felt for a long time. "...and if she was a bisexual, then fuck her, not worth anything." This apparently came out as surprising, since I'm pro-gay rights and support the choices of any gay or lesbian friends I have. Apparently my friends hadn't heard my stance on this. So here it is.

Bisexuals do more to hurt homosexual relationships than any other group in the US(mayhaps even the world). Sure, you have some crazies out there who are trying to make homosexuality illegal, or blocking what was already declared an inalienable right back in the 70's(Loving v Virginia), but if anything they make the movement against them stronger with their hate. Bisexuals, on the other hand, weaken the argument from the inside. Here's how: there's a deal almost every bisexual makes at some point during any relationship. (For this example, assume the relationship is M-F and not F-F, though it applies to both if you swap genders a bit) "If I fool around with a guy, it's cheating, but if I fool around with a girl, it's not cheating." Fuck that. You know what that basically says? "Relationships with guys count, but relationships with girls don't. They aren't the same thing, so don't think of them the same way." That's fucked up. I support relationships being treated as equal, and that just throws shit on my viewpoint there. So that's my big reason for opposing bisexuals.

Yes, I'm half certain [name] or [name] or [name] or someone else will yell at me for this, saying I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't really care. I'm also sure there's a good chunk of them out there that don't make this deal. Still don't care. The fact that it's a widely accepted double standard in the group overrides a lot of that, though an individual may be different.

I just...what...NO. You are doing it WRONG. Conflating society's alleged perception of bisexuality with actual bisexuality? WRONG. Conflating a minority with an entire population? WRONG. Attributing unsupported stereotypes to a whole orientation? WRONG. THAT IS NOT HOW SEXUALITY WORKS.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:10 pm UTC

A good friend of mine had a relationship with a female, who in turn had a relationship with a female. M and F1, and F1 and F2, but not M and F2.

The relationship worked out due to the fact that F1 and F2 were exclusive, and M and F1 were exclusive. However they all understood the nature of the open relationship's dynamic. Because F1 was a dual-threat QB, and kept her time even, it all worked out. Open relationship != auto-fail. Bi-sexual != open relationship.

The EGE wrote:

Briareos

Postby Briareos » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:14 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:IAD IS A FUCKING PIT.
Because when I got off of a seven-hour flight, what I want to do is wait for a slow-as-hell people-moving bus that was out of date when it was first installed in the seventies to ferry me across to immigration.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:19 pm UTC

Briareos wrote:
Oregonaut wrote:IAD IS A FUCKING PIT.
Because when I got off of a seven-hour flight, what I want to do is wait for a slow-as-hell people-moving bus that was out of date when it was first installed in the seventies to ferry me across to immigration.

I flew into IAD to get a briefing at the Pentagon before flying back to the sandbox. Instead of flying into BWI as I normally would have. Biggest, mistake, ever. The layout is incomprehenisble, the people that work there take every opportunity to do nothing at all. I never heard "eyeuhno" so many times from people in my life. They lost my (military mandated) travel bag, so I was left with my carryons and someone from the baggage carousel saying "what does it look like again?" for five hours. Turns out the people had left it out on the fucking tarmac.

I. HATE. IAD.

The EGE wrote:

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:38 pm UTC

Well October is starting soon. That means Christmas decorations, fall colors, and Halloween parties. Last year was the first year in a long time that I went to a Halloween party, and I had a great time. It is a happy memory. This year will revert to my usual - trick or treating all the way to my fridge to see if there is any more alcohol in it.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Raeluna

Postby Raeluna » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:06 pm UTC

Oh, fuck you mother nature. I havent had shark week in 8 months thanks to Lupron shots. The two short weeks my girlfriend flies down to spend time with me and my boyfriend...the one time in a whole YEAR I have them both with me... you bring me my "gift" the DAY SHE ARRIVES. Which means no sexytimes from either of them. At all. Damnshitassfuck. Stupid uterus.

Though on the bright side, the rest of the visit promises to be fun. Science City yay!
thicknavyrain wrote:Marry me. Now.

"So, why are you a fruit bat?"
"I dunno, healthier I guess."
"Well yeah, but 'I vant to suck your melons' just doesn't have the same ring to it."

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:10 pm UTC

Maybe I'm missing something, but sexytimes can definitely still be had during menstruation? Just throw a towel down. Or better yet, shower sex.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:11 pm UTC

Some women just aren't into it when those sorts of things are happening within their uterus.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

The EGE
not very good at pickup limes

Postby The EGE » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:40 pm UTC

Why does rain always bring out the worst drivers? Fuckers.
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:56 pm UTC

It is even more annoying here in the PNW, where it rains all the damn time, and yet people still can't figure out how to not be Chimps On Ice while driving.

The EGE wrote:

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:00 pm UTC

How is it hard to drive in the rain? Be more careful, don't stomp on the brakes, the end?

Aaaaand further bi!fail and rage-provocation:
Spoiler:
In the same discussion I ranted about earlier, I mentioned that I considered myself bisexual, or at least heteroflexible. The following exchange occurred:

Her: ahahaha heteroflexible
Me: Got something to say to me?
Her: "I'm heteroflexible" to me translates into "I'm bisexual, I make out with chicks at parties cus guys think it's hot." Also, it makes you sound dumb as shit.
Me: To my knowledge, I've yet to make out at a party with anyone. Do you know something about my life that I don't? To me, it means someone who's mostly straight, but doesn't have much experience with the same sex and isn't ready to term themselves full-blown bisexual. And perception of low intelligence is totally subjective.
Her: Ever think that maybe you're not a special little snowflake and just, oh I don't know, heterosexual.

ARGH ARGH ARGH *pulls hair out*

I eventually responded with, "Nope, I get to define who I am. And I know I'm not a special snowflake, I'm acquainted with more than one person who claims the "heteroflexible" or "homoflexible" labels. The nice thing about English is that we aren't confined to a few crude descriptors for precise identification."

I thought that was fairly polite and restrained for someone who wanted to reach through the screen and commence strangling.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:03 pm UTC

I applaud you for not just telling her off in a sarcastically over the top way. I probably would have just said something like, "You're right. You're always right. I'm not what I think I am, I'm what you think I am."

If she doesn't pick up on those undertones she isn't really worth the time of day.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 pm UTC

Do they honestly not realize what a knee doucher they're being? Seriously? Telling someone they're wrong about how they define themselves is, uh, pretty poor form.

Humanity.faith--
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

Return to “General”