Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Amarantha

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Amarantha » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:56 am UTC

I feel like I haven't had a proper weekend. I spent half of it cooking and doing yard work, and the other half in bed with a headache. OK, so I watched a lot of The Wire, but that was mostly with a headache too. Now I have to go to work in the morning.

Also, none of my d00ds won the soccer. They came second and third though, so I can't be too disappointed. Just wish I could have watched. Bloody Foxtel.
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:18 pm UTC

Fuck. Fuck damn and bollocks. After a pityfully unproductive week at college (Though I did get to meet the leader of my favourite band after a concert), I really needed a productive weekend to come about. Now it's Sunday, and all I have is half a song and a book read. I was going to look for a job and learn to play the guitar properly, do some homework, make peace with the cat... I'm fucking wasting my life going to college and hanging around in study areas on the internet.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:17 pm UTC

THIS FUCKING STUTTER.

Y'know, sometimes I do want to talk to people...

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:43 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:THIS FUCKING STUTTER.

Agreed.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan

Postby Microscopic cog » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:51 pm UTC

I like talking to people.

SUCH A SHAME I FAIL AT TALKING PROPERLY.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:53 pm UTC

Stupid mathematica... I know it's perfectly capable of doing what I want it to, in one form or another. But I can't quite figure out how and it's driving me insane!

Edit: Actually, I think I just figured out you can do it fairly simply with a single For loop and I haven't a clue why I was trying such crazy shit before.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Levi

Postby Levi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 am UTC

Microscopic cog wrote:I like talking to people.

I can speak fine, it's I can't think of anything to say/say something stupid. Maybe we can combine to form... AVERAGEMAN!

GenericPseudonym

Postby GenericPseudonym » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:12 am UTC

I had an Itunes account with $50 on it that I had completely forgotten about, right until I got an email receipt from apple for $50 of stuff I hadn't bought...

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:21 am UTC

I know it's been ranted about many time before, but

Why must I procrastinate soooo much? I didn't do any work this weekend and now I have to fix my edit my paper and get into LaTex (which I've never used before) before the end of monday

jswf

Postby jswf » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:08 am UTC

FUCK FUCKIDY FUCK. FUCKING MIGRAINES. FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Also: Whyyyy must I completely fail at pronunciation? :(

A Man With A Hat

Postby A Man With A Hat » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:02 pm UTC

bluebambue wrote:I know it's been ranted about many time before, but

Why must I procrastinate soooo much? I didn't do any work this weekend and now I have to fix my edit my paper and get into LaTex (which I've never used before) before the end of monday

I feel for you, procrastination is a curse on my life too. As I'm sure you know, whenever there is actual work to do, doing virtually anything else is a more attractive prospect. "I'll do it tomorrow" doesn't work when there are no more tomorrows :/

My rant is about an argument that I had with my parents the other night. It's my girlfriend's formal at her school in a week or so, and we'd agreed to each pay for our own ticket to it. I offered to pay for both but she prefers it when things are as all-square as possible.

Since I don't go to that school any more (moved on to uni this year) she has to get my ticket as well, and the next time I saw her I paid her back. I was telling my mother about this, and she seemed incredulous at the fact that I didn't pay for her ticket, because "the guy buys the girl her ticket." Cue a long discussion about gender roles and me 'not caring' about my girlfriend because I clearly wasn't prepared to do something in lieu of what she actually wanted to do >_>
I had a trilby, but I got fedora up with it.

Hope_

Postby Hope_ » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:13 pm UTC

... I'm glad you're able to ignore that bollocks about gender roles and actually listen to your girlfriend. Sorry your mother couldn't see it that way though.
Whelan wrote:
I Am Raven wrote:Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Damn baby, you're so wet!
Shakespeare was British.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:36 pm UTC

My one cat is driving me crazy. If they're out of food, she'll come lay on my hip in the morning as a reminder/wake up call for food. This morning I tossed and turned, and every time I rolled over she'd be back up there within five seconds. I finally get out of bed, and their bowl of food is half full. It's the cat who cried wolf, and it is getting annoying.
Last edited by emceng on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

micco

Postby micco » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:57 pm UTC

Minor rant: It's a tablet, not a "finger computer". Silly newspaper.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan

Postby Microscopic cog » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:28 pm UTC

Levi wrote:
Microscopic cog wrote:I like talking to people.

I can speak fine, it's I can't think of anything to say/say something stupid. Maybe we can combine to form... AVERAGEMAN!

We shall be as one! WE SHALL CONQUER an average 9 to 5 job.

My problem is that the tone in which I speak is very monotonous and nasal. I also have difficulties pronouncing the L because the piece of skin between tongue and lower jaw is longer as usual.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

Hope_

Postby Hope_ » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:35 pm UTC

My English and Journalism degree may now hinge on my ability to do maths.

I can't do maths. When I saw formulas in the back of my text book I burst into tears and had to spend ages calming myself down. Maths makes me scared. Really scared. I know I'm doing 'Communication Research' but I hadn't thought about having to deal with the data. Fuck fuck fuck. I cannot fail this class, but putting a load of maths in it, which I haven't done for four years and was awful at then, will probably make me fail it. And I don't know what kind of questions with be on my first test on thursday, basically FUCK.

ECU if you had got my fucking classes sorted out when I emailed them to you MONTHS before I flew to America I wouldn't have had this scramble to be in a class that I didn't have any description of what was expected of me in it. I just had to pick something that was kind of related to my degree quickly before all the places for all the classes went, because I'd already missed out on the one I wanted to do. FUCK.
Whelan wrote:
I Am Raven wrote:Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Damn baby, you're so wet!
Shakespeare was British.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:31 am UTC

I hate how OCD has become a fashionable illness that is flaunted because it makes you complex and deep or whatever. If you have OCD, you should get it treated before it gets out of control and messes up your life.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

TimelordSimone

Postby TimelordSimone » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:47 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:I hate how OCD has become a fashionable illness that is flaunted because it makes you complex and deep or whatever. If you have OCD, you should get it treated before it gets out of control and messes up your life.

People sometimes tell me I seem like I have OCD because I do things like straightening up DVDs in shops. I remain unconvinced.

~*~

It is my birthday this Sunday, so I have invited some friends up for the weekend in order to celebrate. A couple have already explained they can't make it, and why. The others? "Urm. Maybe. I dunno." It's so frustrating! It's not that difficult! Make a damn decision. Or, since "I don't know" usually seems to equal "no", just tell me you're not coming! I'll survive.
I mostly lurk. Hello.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:33 am UTC

I hate it when people call it "CDO, 'cause the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be." It isn't that funny, and alphabetizing isn't even a normal OCD symptom...

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:35 am UTC

TimelordSimone wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:I hate how OCD has become a fashionable illness that is flaunted because it makes you complex and deep or whatever. If you have OCD, you should get it treated before it gets out of control and messes up your life.

People sometimes tell me I seem like I have OCD because I do things like straightening up DVDs in shops. I remain unconvinced.

~*~
Many moons ago, I'd sometime straighten shit up if I personally fucked it up a bit, but that was about it. After working retail and working as a stocker and learning all about Facing and so on... yeah, I tend to start straitening shit up if I'm in the area long enough, simply so the poor asshole who has to do that shit after closing can maybe get home 15 minutes earlier.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:54 am UTC

emceng wrote:My one cat is driving me crazy. If they're out of food, she'll come lay on my hip in the morning as a reminder/wake up call for food. This morning I tossed and turned, and every time I rolled over she'd be back up there within five seconds. I finally get out of bed, and their bowl of food is half full. It's the cat who cried wolf, and it is getting annoying.
Have you seen Simon's cat? (Not a rickroll).

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:33 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
TimelordSimone wrote:

~*~
Many moons ago, I'd sometime straighten shit up if I personally fucked it up a bit, but that was about it. After working retail and working as a stocker and learning all about Facing and so on... yeah, I tend to start straitening shit up if I'm in the area long enough, simply so the poor asshole who has to do that shit after closing can maybe get home 15 minutes earlier.
I do the same thing.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Kyberely

Postby Kyberely » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:41 pm UTC

You could have metioned that you were ordering pizza. It's two for tuesday - only getting one seems like a kinda waste.
Faye Whitaker wrote:His first thought would be "BJORN WANT HOT PEASANT GIRL"and his second thought would be "AUGH PEASANT GIRL ANALLY VIOLATING BJORN WITH BJORN'S OWN BATTLEAXE"

Kang

Postby Kang » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:37 pm UTC

My doctor told me I should avoid eating meat. That raises the question how much longer I'd actually live by doing so and whether that would be worth it. I tend to think not.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:40 pm UTC

Life without bacon is not life. It is a wait for death.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

Kang

Postby Kang » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:40 pm UTC

My point exactly.

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Postby Sandry » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 pm UTC

<copious sarcasm>Holy shit, you mean I've already been dead for TEN YEARS?!</cs>
He does not spout ever more, new stupidities. He "diversifies his wrongness portfolio."
(My pronouns are She/Her/Hers)

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:55 pm UTC

I'm sorry Sandry, I'm afraid you have nobaconitis. It's incurable.

The EGE wrote:

Briareos

Postby Briareos » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:55 pm UTC

No, no; you've been simply waiting for death.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Postby Sandry » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:56 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:I'm sorry Sandry, I'm afraid you have nobaconitis. It's incurable.

Just so long as no one has to operate on me or inject me with things, I'm good with pretty much whatever. *shrug*
He does not spout ever more, new stupidities. He "diversifies his wrongness portfolio."

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:59 pm UTC

Sandry wrote:
Oregonaut wrote:I'm sorry Sandry, I'm afraid you have nobaconitis. It's incurable.

Just so long as no one has to operate on me or inject me with things, I'm good with pretty much whatever. *shrug*

Must not make joke. Must not make joke. Must not make joke.

The EGE wrote:

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:01 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:nobaconitis
I think I'm a bit oblivious today, I selected that and hit "google search" only to realize it wasn't actually a thing and I was reading it wrong.

Rant: I'm pretty sure the world has been plotting against me the last week or so, I don't think anything I've done has gone reasonably well. Normally I'm a pretty hoopy frood but this is just kinda.... eh....

micco

Postby micco » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:09 pm UTC

Oh great, this is exactly what we need. Fresh powder snow on top of ice.
And I still can't understand what makes bacon so great. It's just glorified pork, can be tasty sometimes but usually just horribly greasy and salty.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:11 pm UTC

I actually only eat turkey bacon. I don't really like pork bacon, because it is usually glazed with honey.

The EGE wrote:

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:19 pm UTC

GRAH MY VEGETARIAN ANGER IN UNCONTAINABLE
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:24 pm UTC

Veggie-rage. It's a real thing.

The EGE wrote:

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Postby Sandry » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:26 pm UTC

To be fair, all of my rages are comprised of 24% compressed soy protein, 18% mycoprotein and 13% lentils, plus varying natural flavours and colours.

I usually garnish with cilantro.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:29 pm UTC

My current meal is comprised of 33% tofu, 50% brown rice, and varying percentages of carrots, peas, radishes, water chestnuts, and bamboo.

The EGE wrote:

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Postby Sandry » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 pm UTC

That doesn't sound anything like rage. That sounds like dinner.

On second thought, I think I'll just crack open this grapefruit.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:33 pm UTC

I don't understand grapefruit. It is not grape.

The grapefruit is a lie!

The EGE wrote:

Return to “General”