stupidest comment ever

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

roc314
Is dead, and you have killed him

Re: stupidest comment ever

Postby roc314 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:02 pm UTC

emceng wrote:Oh, and I am fairly sure that the US does have at least a few nukes aimed at North Korea. We have enough to hit just about everyone, so why not one of our rivals who is actively seeking nuclear capability?

Actually, we are now giving foreign aid to NK and they are not close allies, but definitely not rivals. Oh the magic of diplomacy!
Hippo: roc is the good little communist that lurks in us all
Richard Stallman: Geeks like to think that they can ignore politics, you can leave politics alone, but politics won't leave you alone.
suffer-cait: roc's a pretty cool dude

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:08 pm UTC

roc314 wrote:Oh the magic of diplomacy!
That doesn't mean you can't aim nukes at them ;p

For clarification: I'm against nukes, and for disarmament. Especially as the £20billion or so being used to revamp the UK's nukes could instead be used to plug up some of the gaping holes in the economy - what's the point in "deterring" people from nuclear war for 20 years when half the population will end up living in squalor in 30?
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:10 pm UTC

I never understood the whole "Aiming missiles" thing. I mean, all the stuff I've seen on how the various long-range missiles work is that they're vertical takeoff arc missiles.

So.. why bother keeping it "aimed" at something. It's not a rocket on a sled. It's a guided missile. You just punch in the target as you're launching the damned thing. No sense in aiming it at anything specific other than Away From Earth In Case Of Accidental Launch Or Something.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:15 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:No sense in aiming it at anything specific other than Away From Earth In Case Of Accidental Launch Or Something.
What about At Ourselves Because Should We Somehow Manage To Accidentally Launch This Damned Thing At Another Country, It Will Cause A Meaningless War, Killing Millions, Which Would Not Be Very Good, So We Should Just Wipe All Our Other Missiles Out. Or Something.

Blowing up the missile base with your own missiles does seem the safest thing to do, from the point of view of the rest of the world. Unless, of course, another missile base in your country (or an allied country) misinterprets the great big boom as an enemy launching their missiles at your missile bases (which are, admittedly, pretty nice targets), and goes ahead to start that Great Big War anyway...
Spoiler:

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:19 pm UTC

Well, the warhead arming and the launch of the missile are two separate things. The idea of pointing it Away From Earth is that if it does accidentally launch, it'll just go out in space somewhere and that's the last you'll see of it.

If you launch it at another city, you end up destroying.. probably a couple of apartment buildings or factories or whatever, pissing them off greatly, unleashing radioactive material in a local park of theirs, and providing them scraps to possibly attempt to see how your warhead works. Which isn't really a good idea.

Of course, I'm not sure how much of the warhead would be destroyed as it crashed into the surface of the Earth passing through a couple of buildings. Maybe all of it, maybe not much.. I don't know. I just know it'd be a bad PR move and would piss off the country you hit, even if it wasn't an actual nuclear explosion.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Well, the warhead arming and the launch of the missile are two separate things. The idea of pointing it Away From Earth is that if it does accidentally launch, it'll just go out in space somewhere and that's the last you'll see of it.
True, that makes sense. The destruction of an armed warhead at the missile base would probably do more damage than the launch of the unarmed missile at a civillian area (this, of course, depends what gets hit - if a high-rise block of flats, the damage is going to be significantly increased, particularly on the loss-of-life front, whereas a bunch of fields probably won't complain about some more scrap metal lying about.
Spoiler:

Lycur

Postby Lycur » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:32 pm UTC

I came across http://www.thymecube.com/ today, but it didn't *quite* merit it's own thread. The time cube was mentioned earlier on in this thread; any excuse to party...

The Cat

Postby The Cat » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:43 am UTC

Obtuse, definately Obtuse.

Yuffie

Postby Yuffie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:21 am UTC

Ouch, but somehow I have an urge to make one of those sites now.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageRawr.

guyy

Postby guyy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:59 am UTC

Lycur wrote:I came across http://www.thymecube.com/ today, but it didn't *quite* merit it's own thread. The time cube was mentioned earlier on in this thread; any excuse to party...

http://xkcd.com/282/

No explanation necessary.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:20 pm UTC

I believe I am justified in resurecting this thread in light of the recent election.

case in point: I recently came across this infallible logic that someone put forward to explain why they believed that Barack Obama bought the election:

Obama spent more, two words: basic math

I only wish I was joking.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

Regarding the election, I overheard some comments today in college... here's one...
Obama's not even black!
And another!
I wish people would stop going on about Obama, it's not like we live in America, and all this talk about him is pissing me off... *Goes onto a 10 minute rant about Obama*
-.-
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Daelar

Postby Daelar » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:56 pm UTC

in my IT class a few years ago:

Girl 1: I hope my birthday doesn't fall on friday 13th this year!
Girl 2: When's your birthday?
Girl 1: August 25th.

Dead serious too... I worry :(

fransisco4

Postby fransisco4 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:41 am UTC

Some girl on the foreign language class, talking about the population on our country for some reason:

The accident at Cromagñon(club that was accidentally set on fire, 192 deaths) dratically modified the demographics of our country.
(At first i was ignoring her but she defended her position so i grabbed my calculator and showed her the results)
Me: Yes 0,0005% of the population, that's a lot.

Another girl during a week-long school trip to Cordoba(a state of our country): Is there sea on Cordba?(It may not seem stupid, but believe me it's. It's some basic national geographic knowledge.)

Aikanaro

Postby Aikanaro » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:04 am UTC

Back in HS, I had a history class in which the professor was VERY big on general reading in order to gain insights into history. Every month we had to pick a book from the school library (approved by him), read it, and write a report on it. I had one classmate who was horrified by this idea....apparently he hadn't read a book of his own volition in SEVEN YEARS. (He'd read stuff required by classes generally, just never read for recreation). Anyway, a third classmate and I tried to explain the merits of such reading to this guy, about how books broaden your horizons, expose you to new ideas. In response to this, the guy (who wasn't very clever/quick-witted to begin with, and PROBABLY didn't realize what he was saying) uttered the single stupidest thing I have ever heard a human being say, while actually MEANING it at the time:

"Well, what do you need ideas for, anyway?"
Dear xkcd,

On behalf of my religion, I'm sorry so many of us do dumb shit. Please forgive us.

Love, Aikanaro.

dubsola

Postby dubsola » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:35 pm UTC

Aikanaro wrote:"Well, what do you need ideas for, anyway?"

I've no idea.

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:32 pm UTC

fransisco4 wrote:Another girl during a week-long school trip to Cordoba(a state of our country): Is there sea on Cordba?(It may not seem stupid, but believe me it's. It's some basic national geographic knowledge.)

I'm assuming this is somewhat equivalent to "Is California on the East Coast or the West Coast?" If so, lol.

kinigget wrote:I believe I am justified in resurecting this thread in light of the recent election.

case in point: I recently came across this infallible logic that someone put forward to explain why they believed that Barack Obama bought the election:

Obama spent more, two words: basic math

I only wish I was joking.

Isn't the whole reason you spend more money than the other guy that doing so gets you more votes than it gets the other guy? If not, why spend any money at all? Why not put those millions upon millions you spent into the economy so it's slightly less screwed up when you take office? Granted, it almost certainly didn't make up the total difference, but it does seem pretty obvious to me that 'more money = more votes'. The average person is even dumber than the person who made that comment, I'd guess.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:37 pm UTC

Armadillo Al wrote:
fransisco4 wrote:Another girl during a week-long school trip to Cordoba(a state of our country): Is there sea on Cordba?(It may not seem stupid, but believe me it's. It's some basic national geographic knowledge.)

I'm assuming this is somewhat equivalent to "Is California on the East Coast or the West Coast?" If so, lol.
A quick look at a map suggests.. yeah, that, or asking if there are any ocean beaches in Arizona. Because they have all that sand.

Balidani

Postby Balidani » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:39 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Armadillo Al wrote:

A quick look at a map suggests.. yeah, that, or asking if there are any ocean beaches in Arizona. Because they have all that sand.

My mother is a teacher and she told me this: A class was taken on a field trip to a sculpture in Budapest. This 7 year old girl walks up to the teacher and asks: Are we still in Hungary?
If I were there the marks of my double-facepalm would still be visible.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:42 pm UTC

Unless they were on the longest bus trip ever and ended up in Georgia or Missouri in the US.

But.. yeah.. I would hope that a 7 year old would know the name of the Capital of (I'm assuming) her country.

Balidani

Postby Balidani » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:45 pm UTC

Yep it was her country. Also from my mother (this makes me 20% percent less cool but this is the truth) a guy called the tram a yellow bus. He never rode one :o
I don't know what is it like in the States, but here it is kind of pathetic. It's like not knowing what the difference between a ship and a tank is.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:47 pm UTC

... yeah, there's a slight difference between a tracked vehicle* and a wheeled one. Was it at least yellow?

*They're Trolleys or Streetcars here.

STELLA!

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:04 pm UTC

This is courtesy of my brother-in-law. He was in some class or another and some guy was talking about cars, I guess, and made mention of how many horses some car has (in reference to horse-power of course). One person speaks up and says something along the lines of cars not having horses.

But, THEN, someone else speaks up and says something along the lines of, "Yeah they do. Like Fred & Barney. You know, the Flintstone's"

My brother-in-law had a few more stories about the same individual. I need to try and remember some more of them.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

emceng

Postby emceng » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:18 am UTC

Ok, this isn't a comment exactly, but a conversation I overheard.

I went to Arby's for lunch one day, and sat down there to eat. I overheard a gentleman sitting with his wife, while on his cell phone having a conversation with someone - I would assume a banker. He detailed every single financial minutiae of his life. SSN#, how many credit cards and how much was on them, debt, mortgage, how many miles were on his vehicles, etc. On and on and on he went. I kept listening in amazement while he did this in a public place.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Sarr

Postby Sarr » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:38 am UTC

On a poll of whether or not people support gay-marriage bans (I don't, but that's irrelevant.)

"I don't want my kids to have to decide what their sexual orientation is. They have enough to worry about."
Last edited by Sarr on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:42 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:39 am UTC

emceng wrote:I went to Arby's for lunch one day, and sat down there to eat. I overheard a gentleman sitting with his wife, while on his cell phone having a conversation with someone - I would assume a banker. He detailed every single financial minutiae of his life. SSN#, how many credit cards and how much was on them, debt, mortgage, how many miles were on his vehicles, etc. On and on and on he went. I kept listening in amazement while he did this in a public place.

And I'm guessing you didn't take notes?

Armadillo Al wrote:

About two weeks ago, on discussing the Flight of the Conchords, I mentioned that they were from New Zealand, and a buddy of mine asked, "That's near Europe, right?"

It was then that I began to doubt the integrity of our relationship.
多么现在棕色母牛?

roc314
Is dead, and you have killed him

Postby roc314 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:44 am UTC

So I was talking with a friend about Roe v. Wade when an acquaintance entered the conversation through the following: "I think women should be allowed to vote and all, but I don't think abortion should be legal".

Really, women should be allowed to vote? Who would've thought that that would be a position that it would be necessary to state? If you don't say that, do people assume that you don't think women should be allowed to vote?
Hippo: roc is the good little communist that lurks in us all
Richard Stallman: Geeks like to think that they can ignore politics, you can leave politics alone, but politics won't leave you alone.
suffer-cait: roc's a pretty cool dude

Turtle_

Postby Turtle_ » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:37 am UTC

I try to write down stupid comments from my classmates whenever possible. If I did I would never turn anything in... but here are a few.

Teacher: Where is Ishtanbul?
Student: Amsterdam!

This next question was asked in Spanish four, so everyone had three years of spanish experience, AND the person was a native Spanish speaker.
What languange do they speak in spain?
Roman!

When given a packet:
"I don't like to read, so I'm not doing this."

Teacher: What's the most notable literary work of the the U.S.?
Student: Doctor Seuss!

This next one isn't exactly stupid, but the person definitely wasn't thinking. It was on the morning announcements.
Anchor1: Hey Anchor2, did you know that today is the aniversery of the stock market crash of 1929?
Anchor2: That's cool.
Anchor1: No it's not.

In Spanish class we had just read a legend about a fox who falls asleep in a chicken coup then wakes up the next morning. He realizes the farmers will kill him if they see him, so he plays dead. The farmers take his fur and teeth and stuff for "medical purposes," until one wants the foxes heart. The fox runs off because he doesn't want to die. We were reviewing the story and the teacher says, "So the farmer takes his knife out; what does he want?" The teacher then makes a stabbing motion and thumps her chest. One student yells out "Big Man!"

In my government class someone asked "If a democrat becomes president will gas prices go down?" Everyone knows that the policy doesn't matter at all, gas prices are only determined based on the party of the president.

Finally, when asked what branch of government the president is in, my government class responded in unison "legislative"....
"Sometimes lies were more dependable than the truth." ~ Ender's Game
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." ~ Charles Darwin

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:44 am UTC

Turtle_ wrote:a chicken coup
The idea of this scares me somewhat. It's like Animal Farm, but without the pigs or anything.
Spoiler:

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:49 am UTC

..Coop.

Teacher: What's the most notable literary work of the the U.S.?
Student: Doctor Seuss!

... That's.. kinda debatable, really. Notability is debatable. And Dr. Seuss is awesome.

Was the Big Man kid just trying to be an asshole?

In my government class someone asked "If a democrat becomes president will gas prices go down?" Everyone knows that the policy doesn't matter at all, gas prices are only determined based on the party of the president.
.. eh? It's more of market forces that change the gas price. It has little, if anything, to do with who the President is. If anything, it'd have to do more with the legislative branch for changing the tariffs on imported oil or gasoline.

Ashi

Postby Ashi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:41 am UTC

jerome_bc wrote:
Tatshua wrote:It's like these muslims I heard about that burned down some churches in protest to the popes comment that islam is a violent religion.

The irony, its burns!

If the joke was unintentional, you're amazing. If it wasn't, *facepalm*

I've had some pretty bad things said by some people in my Sociology class; it's full of people who have not-so-bright futures and care little for the class, with a few exceptions. One of them commented, when we were discussing unintentional discrimination based on looks, "Yeah, but it's their fault that they're ugly, they choose to be."

One of my friends (good friends, mind you) can have some ditsy moments. She's in a lot of my classes. In English, she asked me, "What's an adjective?" I'm pretty bad with parts of speech (we never learned grammar as such in my school), but I just about hit her when she asked me that.

In a library discussion:
Girl 1: Obama's a terrorist.
Me: ...no, he's not. Don't you think that it might, say, be on the news if he was?
Girl 1: The media is keeping it a secret.
Me: And McCain would too, right? You need to check your facts.
Girl 2: Global warming is a lie. If if was true, it would be in the Bible.
G2's boyfriend: What about cell phones, and cars?
Girl 2: Those were man-made.
G2B + Me: But global warming was caused by man, too!
Girl 1: How do you know?
Me: They recently did a study confirming that it could not possibly be normal fluctuations in the earth's average heat.
Girl 1: But if the earth was getting warmer, it wouldn't snow in the winter. You're wrong.
BomanTheBear wrote:Do not go looking for the stupidest thing ever said on the internets.

You might find it. Then it will be too late to help you.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:42 am UTC

man . . .I didn't know it was possible for stupidity to be physically painful. Seriously, how do people convince themselves of these things? It seems like it should have to take an effort to be that dense.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

seladore

Postby seladore » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:15 am UTC

@ashi

I've been reading this thread, and the second (global-warming) girl actually caused me to die a little inside. Dear Jeebus that is stupid.

Maybe global-warming-related stupidity bothers me more than the regular, non-downfall-of-all-civilisation flavour of stupidity.

Waldo

Postby Waldo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:24 am UTC

Earlier today, my mother emptied out an aluminum pie pan. She then took it over to the trash cans, looked puzzled for a moment, then turned to me and asked, "Is this paper or plastic?"

:x
[Signature pending...]

nightlina
Location: Probably at work... in Australia. Therefore I post while you sleep.

Postby nightlina » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:04 am UTC

this isn't really a stupid comment I suppose, but it is still kinda stupid and makes me sad inside...

I was at a shopping centre the other day and for some reason the escalator had broken and wasn't moving. There was a man in front of us with his little kid, the kid stepped onto the escalator and stopped, expecting it to move for him. When it didn't, the kid just kept standing there, even though the dad was trying to explain and get him to walk (as well as apologising to us profusely).

It really did make me a bit sad and wonder if I were to have children whether they'd forget how to walk like that someday.

Blinke

Postby Blinke » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:10 am UTC

I have already posted this in another thread, but I think it belongs here as well. One day during physcis a girl asked the teacher if the dinosaurs lived before or after Big Bang. We were around 15 at the time...

mrbaggins

Postby mrbaggins » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:58 am UTC

nightlina wrote:this isn't really a stupid comment I suppose, but it is still kinda stupid and makes me sad inside...

I was at a shopping centre the other day and for some reason the escalator had broken and wasn't moving. There was a man in front of us with his little kid, the kid stepped onto the escalator and stopped, expecting it to move for him. When it didn't, the kid just kept standing there, even though the dad was trying to explain and get him to walk (as well as apologising to us profusely).

It really did make me a bit sad and wonder if I were to have children whether they'd forget how to walk like that someday.

No idea how true: http://bash.org/?561914
Why is it that 4chan is either infinitely awesome, infinitely bad, or "lolwut", but never any intermediary level?

Iori_Yagami

Postby Iori_Yagami » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:21 pm UTC

Introducing a "Great day of stupidity" in 9 parts.

Part 1. Maths - trigonometry.
Grade 9-10.
-So, we have to solve this trigonometric equation to go on further with the task. What should we do, class?
-Wait... What is 7 times 9? No, really... Why is noone answering me? Nobody knows it? I think I'll use my calculator!
-You need to? o_O

Part 2. Deutsche sprache. (German language)-Was ist der Name dieser Stadt? (What's the name of the city?)
-So-so la-la.
-Err? Wo wonnst du? (Where do you live?)
-So-so la-la.
-Umm... Wonnst du in London? (Do you live in London?)
-So-so la-la.
-Is the only phrase you have ever learnt in these 4 months is "so-so la-la"???
-So-so la-la! So-so la-la!!! *Giggle* It sounds so funny!!!
-Then it is really disappointing, especially considering that you even pronounce it incorrectly! o_O (so-so la-la is pronounced "zoh zoh lah lah" and means "so-so, about average")

Part 3. Economic geography.
-You see, poultry production had decreased dramatically in the last year in this region due to increased imports. You can see the data in your textbook. As you can see,...
-Poultry, like chickens and eggs?
-Yes, of course. So...
-I have a question! How do they make them?
-What are you referring to? Please be clear!
-Eggs. Yes, it must be really hard to put that shell on...
-(class) o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

Part 4. Nonorganic Chemistry.
-So, Andy will now tell us what types of salts are there except normal and acidic(H+) ones. (basic (OH-) and double salts, of course)
-They are... They are different and special... Ummmm... Hey, Josh! Quick! She wants to know something... What are they?
-(Josh) Well, you see... Acidic ones are sour, normal ones are just normal salts, that is, salty! And, if you think a bit...
-So yeah, the other ones are sweet and bitter salts, teacher...
-Do you have your textbook? Did you read it? Did you... understand what you had read?
-OF COURSE!
-o_O

Part 5. History of Russia.
-So, your essays about Ivan the IV period are there. About oprichniks, war, culture of this period, expansion of the Russian state... what is that?
"John Doe. Essay. Ivan the Terrible was terrible. He was scary, big and frightening. After seeing him, his enemy started to fear, ran away and died. The end." That is all??? o_O

Part 6. Politology.
-So, there are many kinds of oppressive fascisms, and all of them hold heavily militaristic views on order in the country. However, Nazism was one most well-known. Holocaust... Do you know what is on 27th of January? The victims' memory day?
-Yeah. At this day... we... err... celebrate the death of Jews, right?
-o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

Part 7. Electricity and magnetism.
-So, this lab was hard. Oh, what's this smoke?
-The experiment went wrong, teacher. What's that?
-In fact, in this experiment you were not supposed to pour salt solution straight into power socket! You have wires to use! o_O

Part 8. Electrical circuits.
-So, Amy will now tell us about the workings of voltmeter.
-What's about it? It's simple.
-Could you at least name the parts?
-Parts? It's really simple! It has... 1. a box, 2. a gauge, 3. a cover and 4. an arrow. That's all. You just watch the arrow!
-o_O. What about the actual inside components? Its operation principle?
-How would I know?
-o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

Part 9. Break.
-So, Sam. Tell us about your hobbies...
-Er, what?
-What do you do in your free time?
-FREE time? Well, in my free time I... go to school. But that's only if I have nothing really important to do!
-o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

Disclaimer: While all the names are made up, the actual events are completely real and were seen by author.
Last edited by Iori_Yagami on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:28 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
They cannot defend themselves; they cannot run away. INSANITY is their only way of escape.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:15 am UTC

Iori_Yagami wrote:Introducing a "Great day of stupidity" in 9 parts.
<snip much stupidity>

Part 7. Electricity and magnetism.
-So, this lab was hard. Oh, what's this smoke?
-The experiment went wrong, teacher. What's that?
-In fact, in this experiment you were not supposed to pour salt solution straight into power socket! You have wires to use! o_O

<snip more stupidity>

Damn that's bad. This one in particular makes me remember the story of someone at our school who was dared to stick solder into a power point and turn it on, resulting in a small amount of mayhem. A few days after that, when the story was recounted to a teacher, we learned the following physics formula:
[math]R \propto IQ[/math]
which translates as: "The external resistance of an object placed in a power socket is proportional to the IQ of the person who inserted it."
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Sarr

Postby Sarr » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:20 am UTC

Something I heard in Math today, about the Homecoming dance that was this weekend.

"Yeah, they played something by Elvis, I think"
*Something I couldn't hear, as I was all the way across the classroom*
"Oh yeah, that was by Michael Jackson. Same Thing"
*Teacher Facepalms*
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

Return to “General”