Post yo' gee-tar (Split from yo' fehs)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Post yo' gee-tar (Split from yo' fehs)

Postby tryptanymph » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:02 pm UTC

KingLoser wrote:
sleepygamer wrote:As you wish. Here is my non-sexy non-face:

Hey sexy, nice guitar. Genuine Gibson?

God no. Don't like Gibsons unless they are US import Customs. That's a japanese ESP LTD. Plays better, 24 HUGE frets, great tuners, EMG pickups, (81 bridge, 60 neck) and a single tone knob. Never needed two.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

KingLoser
Obnoxious Distraction

Re: Post yo' fehs

Postby KingLoser » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:10 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:God no. Don't like Gibsons unless they are US import Customs. That's a japanese ESP LTD. Plays better, 24 HUGE frets, great tuners, EMG pickups, (81 bridge, 60 neck) and a single tone knob. Never needed two.

<--- Gibson fanboi --->

ESP's are amazing for metal though, which I'm gonna take a wild guess at that being what you're into. (Pantera ftw!)

I needs my Les Paul to wail the blues, and borrow a Jackson for anything heavy.
Add me on: Last.fm | Facebook | Flickr doodz.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt díog dúnta.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:29 pm UTC

KingLoser wrote:
sleepygamer wrote:God no. Don't like Gibsons unless they are US import Customs. That's a japanese ESP LTD. Plays better, 24 HUGE frets, great tuners, EMG pickups, (81 bridge, 60 neck) and a single tone knob. Never needed two.

<--- Gibson fanboi --->

ESP's are amazing for metal though, which I'm gonna take a wild guess at that being what you're into. (Pantera ftw!)

I needs my Les Paul to wail the blues, and borrow a Jackson for anything heavy.

That ESP of mine rocks the shit for blues too. If I dial in a decent rock crunch, the EMG's crank it up to a wail, and then I just knock my volume back.

Best guitar I've ever played is, without a doubt, my friend's 18 year old Jackson RR1. EMG's, floyd rose, and pure sex. :O

joff

Postby joff » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:31 am UTC

/me misses his Jackson PS3 :(
mostly_true_comics wrote:...we're forgetting about the geopolitical ramifications of such an incursion. If you think the Morloks, Molemen, and Lord Kinbote are going to sit still while you tunnel through their territory, think again.

28/♂/hetero/NZ

Grooving Tony

Postby Grooving Tony » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:01 am UTC

You sirs know good guitars, I love LP when i have enough money and when i'm good enough i'm gonna buy a Epiphone LP black beauty the three pick ups on that make it sound even more awesome, then i'm gonna get the jackson RR3 or 5 cos i think they're the best of the RR series. Just now though i'm stuck with a first act ME537 not bad but there are better ones.
I agree Seremite is cute.
It's turtles all the way down
Panda
BHCM
protect the flag
snuggles
Jahoclave wrote:Tip: Shotgun, they could be a zombie. Remember, you're the first step in preventing the zombie apocalypse.

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:26 pm UTC

Ok. You guys know some good guitars. sleepygamer, that's one wicked fucking one. But, I'm a Fender girl. And I love the originals. I have an original Fender Stratocaster, Squire Series. That's some rockin shit right there.
And also, I hate Gibson, as well.
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:i just want you to know that we're Never Gonna Give You Up, Never Gonna Let You Down, Never gonna run around and desert you, Never gonna make you cry, Never gonna say goodbye, Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

KingLoser
Obnoxious Distraction

Postby KingLoser » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:34 pm UTC

Compiling.. wrote:Ok. You guys know some good guitars. sleepygamer, that's one wicked fucking one. But, I'm a Fender girl. And I love the originals. I have an original Fender Stratocaster, Squire Series. That's some rockin shit right there.

I was very excited about your post until the last line. Bah humbug! Sometimes I use a Telecaster, because there's no other guitar in the world that sounds like it.

Grooving Tony wrote:You sirs know good guitars

Next on my list is a banjo!

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:36 pm UTC

Compiling.. wrote:Ok. You guys know some good guitars. sleepygamer, that's one wicked fucking one. But, I'm a Fender girl. And I love the originals. I have an original Fender Stratocaster, Squire Series. That's some rockin shit right there.

I has a squier:

Bonus fehs pic (look into my eyes...):

The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

Benfrenchman

Postby Benfrenchman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:37 pm UTC

I feel a bit left out... I rock out on a Yamaha semiacoustic and a Cort Action Bass.

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:44 pm UTC

KingLoser wrote:I was very excited about your post until the last line. Bah humbug! Sometimes I use a Telecaster, because there's no other guitar in the world that sounds like it.

I am sorry. I probably would like Gibson's if it weren't for my bro. I pretty much follow in his steps in everything. We were in a guitar shop and he had me play a Gibson. Then we went home and played the Stratocastor again, and I will never go back to Gibson. So, if he hadn't shown me that comparison, I would probably be ok with them. So, sorry.

Next on my list is a banjo!

Haha. Those are really fun to play!
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:i just want you to know that we're Never Gonna Give You Up, Never Gonna Let You Down, Never gonna run around and desert you, Never gonna make you cry, Never gonna say goodbye, Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:54 pm UTC

Benfrenchman wrote:I feel a bit left out... I rock out on a Yamaha semiacoustic and a Cort Action Bass.

What do you feel left out about? Cort Action Bass is very nice.
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

Benfrenchman

Postby Benfrenchman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:02 pm UTC

Thanks! I don't know anything about 6 string guitars though... My friend Zak is mad into them, he's got a Jackson and a Squier and lusts after Gibsons. He wants the same guitar as the guy out of X Japan.

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:09 pm UTC

Benfrenchman wrote:Thanks! I don't know anything about 6 string guitars though... My friend Zak is mad into them, he's got a Jackson and a Squier and lusts after Gibsons. He wants the same guitar as the guy out of X Japan.

Seems your friend Zak knows his guitars.
But, you see, I play many instruments(not all, particularly well, mind you.). But, the bass is one that I have always wanted to learn. Just been far too busy to learn a new instrument.
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:14 pm UTC

Compiling.. wrote:
Benfrenchman wrote:Thanks! I don't know anything about 6 string guitars though... My friend Zak is mad into them, he's got a Jackson and a Squier and lusts after Gibsons. He wants the same guitar as the guy out of X Japan.

But, you see, I play many instruments(not all, particularly well, mind you.). But, the bass is one that I have always wanted to learn. Just been far too busy to learn a new instrument.

Playing bass is fun. I like the fact that I can just jam and don't need to be ultra-proficient to have fun.

I also like the big fuck-off bass frequencies :P
The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:20 pm UTC

cyberia wrote:
Compiling.. wrote:

Playing bass is fun. I like the fact that I can just jam and don't need to be ultra-proficient to have fun.

I also like the big fuck-off bass frequencies :P

Lol. Very cool. I've been trying to get ahold of this guy Mario I know who plays the bass like freakin mad crazy! He is so very good! I was hopin to try out his bass, or to see if he could get me some pointers or lessons. But, no luck so far.
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:21 pm UTC

:D

I'm saving for a Fender Strat. I'm either gonna by a maple necked '83 with a floyd rose, and change the pickups and whatnot. Including pickup upgrades and so on, it'll cost me about £700. Or I might build one myself with parts from Warmoth as I can get a compound radius neck. Those are Sha-WEEEET!

Grooving Tony

Postby Grooving Tony » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:23 pm UTC

My mate started off on base and now plays six strings, he says base was to easy he's uber awesome though dedicated his life to music just about. I wanna try a eukaleale those things look awesome to play :D
Panda
BHCM
protect the flag
snuggles
Jahoclave wrote:Tip: Shotgun, they could be a zombie. Remember, you're the first step in preventing the zombie apocalypse.

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:25 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:

:D

I'm saving for a Fender Strat. I'm either gonna by a maple necked '83 with a floyd rose, and change the pickups and whatnot. Including pickup upgrades and so on, it'll cost me about £700. Or I might build one myself with parts from Warmoth as I can get a compound radius neck. Those are Sha-WEEEET!

Wow. Very nice! Either way you go, you do know, of course, you're going to hve to post a pic of that, cuz that is fuckin wicked!
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:27 pm UTC

Grooving Tony wrote:My mate started off on base and now plays six strings, he says base was to easy he's uber awesome though dedicated his life to music just about. I wanna try a eukaleale those things look awesome to play :D

Haha. Well, the cello is one of manhy classical instruments I play, so I always thought it would make it easier to play the bass. And I'm not particularly good at playing the guitar, so maybe bass would be good for me.
Oh, and my grandpa plays the ukaleale. I know.. He's strange. Lol
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:31 pm UTC

Ok. Here's one. My friend has a Warbeast. I never got to play hers, but I got to try oe out in a guitar shop. Holy fuck! That is one wicked guitar!!
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

Benfrenchman

Postby Benfrenchman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:32 pm UTC

I had a uke (2 actually) but they were dirt cheap so they broke in about 5 seconds. It's so fun to play, the chords are hard to remember if you're a guitary person because the tuning is all different, but such a beautiful sound. Very relaxing.

Grooving Tony

Postby Grooving Tony » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:39 pm UTC

I like all the higher pitched sounds i love listening to easy music and uke just looks fun to jam on :D.
Panda
BHCM
protect the flag
snuggles

KingLoser
Obnoxious Distraction

Postby KingLoser » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:43 pm UTC

Holy crap! Multi-instrumentalists everywhere.

Horay for us!
Last edited by KingLoser on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:17 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:44 pm UTC

Compiling.. wrote:POST A PICTURE LAWL

This is the exact one I will probably end up getting.

It needs a set up, and I want to heavy it up with some new pickups, but it's a lovely guitar to play.

Edit: Because I quoted wrong, and couldn't be bothered to look it up.

Grooving Tony

Postby Grooving Tony » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:47 pm UTC

I started off playing on an oboe then moved to clarinet and only recently picked a guitar up after my mate persuaded me to and after playing GH got to easy. The reason i want the Black beauty is because there is away to get the pick ups to sound almost exactly like a strat and strats and LPs are some of the best guitar IMO two guitars for one :D.
Panda
BHCM
protect the flag
snuggles

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:51 pm UTC

KingLoser wrote:Holy crap! Multi-instrumentalists everywhere. I started off on Piano, and make some noise with the drums aswell. I can play a bitta trad on the fiddle, but nothing over the top amazing. No uke :( but I've got a mandolin bangin around somewhere.

Horay for us!

Haha. I play piano, keyboard, synth, violin, cello, guitar, drums. Learned them in that order. And there are a few others that I play every once in a while that aren't important enough to remember. Lol. Oh, And I'm fucking amazing on Guitar Hero! Lol. Seriously. I am the champ ;)
Last edited by Compiling.. on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:57 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:54 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:
Compiling.. wrote:POST A PICTURE LAWL

This is the exact one I will probably end up getting.

It needs a set up, and I want to heavy it up with some new pickups, but it's a lovely guitar to play.

Edit: Because I quoted wrong, and couldn't be bothered to look it up.

Very nice! I will have to take a pic of my Strat when I get home, so you guys can see it.
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

Grooving Tony

Postby Grooving Tony » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:04 pm UTC

what i have ^^

what i want ^^
Panda
BHCM
protect the flag
snuggles

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:07 pm UTC

Very very nice. That Jackson looks sweet! Excited for you if you get it!
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

Grooving Tony

Postby Grooving Tony » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:08 pm UTC

I think the one that i played was completely black but yeah that is at least a year away before i get it :( but still Jackson :D.
Panda
BHCM
protect the flag
snuggles

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:13 pm UTC

That sucks. But at least you're getting it sometime. I might not even have my Strat anymore in a bit. My bro thinks he can just take it when he moves out.
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

Grooving Tony

Postby Grooving Tony » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:15 pm UTC

Challenge him to a guitar duel for his soul the guitar, that sucks if you'll be without a guitar i love just sitting and playing it. Even though i only know 9 chords :D.
Panda
BHCM
protect the flag
snuggles

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:17 pm UTC

Haha. Well it's a good thing that you striked out 'his soul' cuz I'm pretty sure he already sold it to his ex. Lol.
But, I guess for now he has more of a use for it, cuz he's in a band right now. But still. I also love to just sit and play. And we have another guitar, but it's just your run-of-the-line acoustic. Not a fave of mine. So, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

Grooving Tony

Postby Grooving Tony » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:23 pm UTC

beg mum and dad for a new guitar? or save up if you have a job thats what i'm doing for my guitars so when i finally thinks i'm ready for a new guitar it will be a months or two before i buy it. We don't even have a full sized accoustic they are all 3/4 sized and never got tuned so the strings are to tight to do any proper practise with them. Why not buy an accoustic to electric thing there's a wee bar thing you attach to the sound hole so you can use it like an electric if it's the electric sound you want. I think it's called a nanomag.
Panda
BHCM
protect the flag
snuggles

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:28 pm UTC

My parents suck, big ones. And I'm 14. Can't get a job here yet. Well, right now I'm babysitting. Have been for 3 days. That's $120 but still. And I'm not really a fan of the feel of acoustic. It's just not my style, I guess. And yea, you can make it sound generally close to an average electric, but it's never quite the same, you know?
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

Grooving Tony

Postby Grooving Tony » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:33 pm UTC

Ah right well that blows :/, i dont know about America but here you can't get a good guitar for less than £3OO and the ones i want will set me back £4OO each. I don't actually know the difference between them i know you need to press harder for the accoustic but i've only ever played an electric. I like the sound of the accoustic though, haven't been able to use my amp for about a week because my cable is broke, getting a new one tomorrow hopefully so i can play properly :D.
Panda
BHCM
protect the flag
snuggles

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:41 pm UTC

Lol. You know what's funny? When I first strted playing guitar, I didn't know how o use the amp we have(It's wicked old) so I always played it just b itsef. And I kinda got used to that. So, I never used the amp until this year. Lol. Now, I'm never going back. Haha
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:43 pm UTC

Grooving Tony wrote:Ah right well that blows :/, i dont know about America but here you can't get a good guitar for less than £3OO and the ones i want will set me back £4OO each.

Bullshit. :D

My first guitar cost £150, and I still play it, and it's a great guitar.

Here's another great guitar, £200. Washburn..

In the US, you can pick up my white guitar for about $6-700, and you can get some cheaper guitars stupidly cheap.

Grooving Tony

Postby Grooving Tony » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:49 pm UTC

Ok then the shops i've been going to you can't :P

The amp is sound good. My amp is tiny only has volume gain and tone on it so it is either distorted and loud, distorted quite[without tone all it seems to do on my amp is turn the volume up :?], clean and loud, i got all my guitar stuff from a walmart cost me about $15O for the guitar, amp, strap 12 pleckys and a book and cd, so not too bad, but if you're used to a strat the firstact one wan't measure up.

shameless plug http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=399324551&MyToken=a4e7aba7-6415-45ae-934a-e5d977eb6cb8

Here is me and my mate playing his song is the haunted hobbo dog[is done on a flying V the guy is shakri of these boards], mine is just me messing about trying open strings and a few chords near the middle give us a listen and slate jam for how simple it is :P and listen to a first act guitar :D:D::D.
Panda
BHCM
protect the flag
snuggles

Compiling..

Postby Compiling.. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:58 pm UTC

Walmart is teh greatest! They have everything! Lol. Mind you, it's not all good quality, but still they do have everything. ^^

As for the amp that I have, I can't really remember all that it has on it. I usually just turn it on and jam. But, it really is wicked old. The guitar and the amp my dad got when he was my age. So, it's got an awesome sound, but it's a little hard to handle. Right now, I'm just looking for a distortion pad.
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:

Return to “General”