It made sense at the time...

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

It made sense at the time...

Postby Bakemaster » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:15 pm UTC

Sometimes when I'm thinking weirdly—i.e., just after waking up, just before falling asleep, right after sex, a few beers in, or whatever floats your boat—I find myself thinking absurdly wrong things that seem logical at the time. Later, they can be kind of hilarious.

Once, after I got a new set of kitchen knives, I decided that I didn't need to wash the knife I had just used with soap, just rinse it and wipe it with a rag. Why? I decided the knife was too sharp for germs to stick to it. Made sense at the time.

At some point I developed a habit of brushing the water off myself before getting out of the shower. Firm pressure, quick sweep of the hand, gets the bigger droplets off your arms, legs, butt, whatever, before you step out all drippy to towel off. I tend to shower in the morning right after I get up, during which time I'm only somewhat lucid, and the shower helps with that—but what's funny is that somewhere along the line I decided that this habit saves energy, because there's less water on the towel and it takes less time to dry. I also sometimes use a very small towel and tell Sarah I'm being energy-efficient. Her exasperation is hilarious, but it's really only funny because it has just enough pseudo-science in it to be plausible when your thinking is impaired.

On the other hand, it's totally true that it improves my circulation. I am three kinds of medical doctor and I have researched it with studies and papers and peer oversight.

Anyone else experienced this?
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: It made sense at the time...

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:20 pm UTC

Only before my encounters with your mom. Always seems like a good idea at the time, yet every time, I walk away itchy and have to go down to the clinic and get that topical ointment yet again.

But at least I have a frequent screwer card and I'm only 2 punches away from a free sandwich at Subway.

Of course, it always seems like a good idea to just lay in bed for "just another minute" every morning when my alarm goes off. Somehow, an hour later when I'm ten minutes late for work, I'm always struck with the "Somehow, my cunning plan failed" thought.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:38 pm UTC

Not so much a "good idea at the time" as a "made sense at the time".

I fell asleep on the sofa, with some music playing. I woke up at around midnight to the most aweful repititive yapping sound; yet somehow my sleep muddled brain was convinced it was me causing the noise (even though the CD finished ages ago). I scrambled off the sofa half-asleep on all fours over to the amp to switch it off so I didn't bother the neighbours. I didn't even notice how it stopped a good minute after I did that. I am still amazed by just how completely all of that made sense at the time.

Turns out we had some foxes in the back yard fighting.

Come to think of it, letting myself fall asleep on the sofa always seems like a good idea at the time.

Oh and then there was the 10 session £75 per pop hypnotherapy for weight loss that seemed like a really, really good idea at the time. Hint: I'm still fat.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Silvyr

Postby Silvyr » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:35 am UTC

heh, I have those moments constantly. I get very little sleep, and when I do, I generally wake up, walk around somewhere, and crash somewhere else. But often times, at like two in the morning, I'll look at the clock, decide it's wrong and go about getting dressed, making a sandwich, drinking a soda, only to then discover that I'm a complete idiot for doing all that at two in the morning and not believing three different clocks XD

Also... I'll randomly throw numbers into sentences like they're words with meaning other than just the number and then yell at people for being stupid and not understanding me because I honestly don't realize when I do that.
Asmodieus wrote:You're a Cullen, Silvyr.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:57 am UTC

When I first wake up, if there's a cat in the room, I'll always find myself trying to remember what type of CPU it has, or thinking about hacking its firmware. I have to explain to myself a few times that the cat is not electronic before it sticks. The mental conversations I have tend to be pretty good. "No, the cat doesn't have a CPU." "So, like it runs a Z80?"
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:05 am UTC

If the phone rings while I'm asleep, my alarm clock usually gets a decent beating. This happens fairly often.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:41 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Of course, it always seems like a good idea to just lay in bed for "just another minute" every morning when my alarm goes off. Somehow, an hour later when I'm ten minutes late for work, I'm always struck with the "Somehow, my cunning plan failed" thought.

This. Very this.

Anyone had that moment when they are drunk and you think, "Well... I can't be bothered cooking a full english separately... mebbe.... mebbe if I put it all in one pan..."?
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:08 am UTC

It'd be some kinda omlette, fritata mess.

Once my mother poured bleach into a gravy pan because the bottle of bleach was near where the oil was under the sink. That was awful and hilarious. We don't let her leave the bleach in the kitchen any more.
Rice Puddin.

hideki101

Postby hideki101 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:18 am UTC

Well, it made sense at the time to browse the net for more information on a topic for research when you have a project due in a few days(or less). Unfortunately, my attention span is about as short as a leprechaun on crack, so I always end up getting distracted. Dammit, I'm still doing it.
Albert Einistein wrote:"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:31 am UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:When I first wake up, if there's a cat in the room, I'll always find myself trying to remember what type of CPU it has, or thinking about hacking its firmware. I have to explain to myself a few times that the cat is not electronic before it sticks. The mental conversations I have tend to be pretty good. "No, the cat doesn't have a CPU." "So, like it runs a Z80?"

I've done similar. The best was when I was trying to sleep after doing some benchmarking. I spent a good half-hour alternating between trying to figure out how to add a new heatsink to the CPU in my spine, and telling myself that doing was impossible. Trying to overclock my hair was entertaining too, but at that point it was more dream than anything else.

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:21 pm UTC

This is easily my favorite thread right now.

I have recently taken a shower, gotten dressed, had breakfast, and only then noticed that it was 3:30 and not 8:30 (even though I was getting around specifically because the clock said 8:30... it didn't). It was very dark outside at the time, though I didn't notice.

My brother and I were recently asleep on the couch and loveseat respectively at home. A couple of friends were playing San Juan in the same room. My brother apparently rolled over, faced them, took off his glasses and couldn't figure out why he couldn't place them on the coffee table (hint: they weren't in his hand because he hadn't been wearing them), so finally he makes the motion like he's placing them on the table, rolls over and goes back to sleep.
ParanoidAndroid wrote:If the phone rings while I'm asleep, my alarm clock usually gets a decent beating. This happens fairly often.
I actually do the opposite of this fairly regularly, trying to find the button to shut off the alarm on my clock when the phone rings.
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Blinke

Postby Blinke » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:43 pm UTC

Mr. Beck wrote:
'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:When I first wake up, if there's a cat in the room, I'll always find myself trying to remember what type of CPU it has, or thinking about hacking its firmware. I have to explain to myself a few times that the cat is not electronic before it sticks. The mental conversations I have tend to be pretty good. "No, the cat doesn't have a CPU." "So, like it runs a Z80?"

I've done similar. The best was when I was trying to sleep after doing some benchmarking. I spent a good half-hour alternating between trying to figure out how to add a new heatsink to the CPU in my spine, and telling myself that doing was impossible. Trying to overclock my hair was entertaining too, but at that point it was more dream than anything else.

Reminds me of the time I spent a few hours configuring a custom UI for WoW just before I went to bed. Didn't manage to get it quite the way I wanted, so my first thought when waking up the next morning was: "Oh, god! Where's my interface gone!?"

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:38 pm UTC

The other day, my alarm went off. It read 10 am and I believed it. I got dressed.

In the living room, one clock said 8 am and the other said 9am. (One on the cable box the other is another clock radio). I eventually had to consult my cell phone. I had bungled up my alarm clock setting it in a stupor the night before. I have no idea what happened to the clock in the living room.

I went back to bed.
Rice Puddin.

Balidani

Postby Balidani » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:52 pm UTC

Once when I was on the computer I wanted to press alt+tab, but instead I got up and walked out to the kitchen. I couldn't stop laughing when I realized what did I just do...

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:59 pm UTC

In a similar vein, a while back I was waiting to hear back the results of a job interview. I finally got an e-mail saying that I didn't get the job. My first, immediate thought was "Shit. Quickload!"

My fingers actually twitched towards Alt-F5 before I caught myself.
Have you given up?

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:39 pm UTC

Noc wrote:In a similar vein, a while back I was waiting to hear back the results of a job interview. I finally got an e-mail saying that I didn't get the job. My first, immediate thought was "Shit. Quickload!"

My fingers actually twitched towards Alt-F5 before I caught myself.

Pretty sure most of us have actually done that at some point or another.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm UTC

A few months ago, I fell asleep drunk in front of my computer (this happens alarmingly often). I woke up and my alarm clock said 9 o clock. I thought "shit, I gotta get going - I'm meeting people at 10:30". So I changed my clothes, had a shower, shaved and all the rest of it, grabbed my coat and stepped outside. I vaguely wondered why it was still quite dark at 9 o clock in summer.

I then realised it was 9PM, not AM. I had only fallen asleep for half an hour.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:14 pm UTC

On multiple occasions, I've spent an entire day or so coding for a school project, running late into the night. Inevitably, I have trouble sleeping, because of all the caffeine I've consumed to get me through it. But, in my mind, the problem is always because of a bug in code, so I spend the next hour or two tossing and turning trying to debug.

I often blame my trouble sleeping on some sort of task that I have to finish, but it's always an incredibly frustrating one that takes a lot of mental effort, which ends up keeping me awake longer trying to work it out.

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:15 pm UTC

Yeah, I've done something similar. I fell asleep at 7:30 PM and woke up at 10:00 PM thinking that I was seriously late for class. I didn't realize what time it really was until I was heading out the door and noticed that it was dark outside. If I fall asleep and wake up on the nth, I always think I wake up on the n+1th.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

One reason I like 24-hour time.

And yeah, I'm always reaching for Ctrl+S or Ctrl+Z when writing on paper.

It can be a big problem when one's time calculation doesn't work properly in the morning. "Class starts at 9:00, so I can sleep in until 8:55." Nevermind the time to put clothes on, shower, eat, walk to the bus stop, wait for the bus, ride the bus, and walk to class. >_> Inevitably I end up waking up at about 8:30 going OH SHIT.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Awia

Postby Awia » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:36 pm UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:And yeah, I'm always reaching for Ctrl+S or Ctrl+Z when writing on paper.
I always try and press Ctrl+F when I'm reading a text book or some such, nearly every single time.
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

Gazing Rabbit

Postby Gazing Rabbit » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:17 pm UTC

Wow, compared to you guys I'm almost normal. Except the frantic search for reality's ctrl-Z key that I sometimes do.

My brother bought me a one liter beer mug about a month ago. As it happens, I didn't have enough beer in my apartment (I recycle my beer pretty fast) at the time. At 12:00 PM or so, I though that the next best thing to alcohol is caffeine.
Long story short, I managed to fall asleep at about 10:00 AM.
Any spelling and/or grammar mistakes in the above post are due to Israel's defective education system. Not that there should be any, but it's always better to blame someone else.

Rogue5_jm

Postby Rogue5_jm » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:53 pm UTC

Back when I was playing WoW a lot, I was driving into town to do something, I had just changed lanes behind another vehicle, and I actually took my hands off the wheel and tried to push in my autofollow macro and grab a drink.

I was quickly reminded that I was driving a vehicle, not riding through Silithus.

0range

Postby 0range » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:51 pm UTC

Rogue5_jm wrote:Back when I was playing WoW a lot, I was driving into town to do something, I had just changed lanes behind another vehicle, and I actually took my hands off the wheel and tried to push in my autofollow macro and grab a drink.

I was quickly reminded that I was driving a vehicle, not riding through Silithus.

That is pretty funny.

I have kind of an anti-"seemed like a good idea at the time" story. I'd worked a double that day, got home, had 4-5 beers with dinner, then crashed. This was in July, and it was piss hot. I woke up in the middle of the night soaked in my own sweat and decided that the reason I was so hot was because of all of my hair (writing this, I can't believe I never realized this was straight out of Napoleon - woah!) so I found a pair of rusty scissors, hopped into the shower and started hacking away.

I woke up the next morning and realized that my hair had never looked better. From now on, instead of paying $10 for a haircut, I think I'll just buy a sixpack and pocket the change.
"A person who persists in believing what is not true or disbelieving what is true can waste a lifetime of effort on something that is without hope of success."

E. Jayne

Warpath

Postby Warpath » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:32 am UTC

I don't really get those weird ideas just before falling asleep and/or just waking up. It's more that when I'm waking up sometimes that I kind of hallucinate and think that there is some kind of creature on my desk or something and I'm not sure if I want to move or not in case of it attacking me or something.

Eventually I realize that the creature/thing isn't there and I was only dreaming while awake.

Edit: This especially happens if and when I wake up in the middle of the night; perhaps after a nightmare.

Sarr

Postby Sarr » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:38 am UTC

Ugh, this happens to me too. I see peoples sitting in the computer chair next to my bed. freaks me the fuck out.
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:48 am UTC

Whenever I'm almost asleep, I always feel as if there's a monster or something reaching for me from behind. Lately, it's been zombies. Of course, I wake up whenever I get that feeling, and think, hold on a sec, that's crazy. And then, when I'm almost asleep ten minutes later...
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:15 am UTC

Mo0man wrote:Whenever I'm almost asleep, I always feel as if there's a monster or something reaching for me from behind. Lately, it's been zombies. Of course, I wake up whenever I get that feeling, and think, hold on a sec, that's crazy. And then, when I'm almost asleep ten minutes later...

Ever read House of Leaves?
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:40 am UTC

Warpath wrote:I don't really get those weird ideas just before falling asleep and/or just waking up. It's more that when I'm waking up sometimes that I kind of hallucinate and think that there is some kind of creature on my desk or something and I'm not sure if I want to move or not in case of it attacking me or something.

Eventually I realize that the creature/thing isn't there and I was only dreaming while awake.

Edit: This especially happens if and when I wake up in the middle of the night; perhaps after a nightmare.

Happens to me all the bloody time. The latest one was when I was climbing into the bathroom through the window the other night (it made sense to do so at the time...) and when i was halfway through this head appeared beside me and said "You're crazy". I almost broke my neck trying to dive through the window into the bath, then ran up to the lounge were other people were.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Rowsdower

Postby Rowsdower » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:10 pm UTC

When I'm very tired, I'll say something that seems very logical until I after I've said it.
Image Save the dragon! Clickie!

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:30 pm UTC

Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:28 pm UTC

Felstaff, that's the best post in this thread.

And nice title. When did that happen?
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:25 am UTC

I've had the hallucination thing when I fall asleep in funny positions, laying on my arm. The weight cuts off blood flow, so after a few hours of laying on it, it's effectively temporarily "dead". Then I roll over onto my back, causing the arm to flop onto my stomach. This results in me waking up wondering what the hell is this big heavy thing on me and why can't I move or feel my arm? It takes a few minutes (during which I'm generally scared to so much as open my eyes) before I wake up enough to realize what's happening.
(Of course it returns to normal once I pick it up with the other hand and shake it a bit to get blood flowing again.)

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:55 am UTC

I'll often have these when I wake up in the middle of the night... generally related to something computery that I've been doing lately. Like thinking that the entire world is made out of SQL, or XML, or something like that.

Like this week, I had a cold, which didn't help, and I woke up a few nights ago in the middle of the night with a sore, very dry throat, a slight dehydration headache, and thinking the entire world was made of XML. Of course, since I was delirious, the world as I pictured it had about as much to do with actual XML as my left elbow has to do with the Kuiper belt, but nonetheless, I was convinced it was XML. What I was actually picturing was that everything (various points on my body, the bed, the sheets, floor, walls, etc) were all interconnected by some strange web of intangible magic strings, which were somehow the same things as XML nodes, and I personally was made almost entirely out of said strings, in some tangled mess. Note that I tend not to turn the lights on when I'm up in the middle of the night... it wakes me up further, and makes it take longer to get back to sleep... so I couldn't, y'know, actually look at myself and see that I was actually a person, and not an XML document.

Then I went to get something to drink, because of the aforementioned dry throat. Now, I somehow figured out that this dry throat was actually an aggregate of a whole bunch of separate XML nodes in my throat, possibly even upper chest, all of which needed water... and I needed to somehow guide the water to each one. Luckily, my throat is object-oriented and polymorphic... so all I had to do was pour water down my throat, and it would take care of the rest. So I did this a couple of times, and returned to bed.

It is about at that point, when returning to sleep, that I tend to notice that my experiences might not be entirely accurate... and that I have, say, an actual throat and legs and such, instead of those strange XML magic wires... and that WTF is wrong with me, I'm a complete idiot.

Delirium is fun.

Other fun snippets: I once, in all seriousness, thought "SELECT * FROM DREAMS WHERE GOOD = 'YES'", while drifting off to sleep.
Also, while staying up late to do an assignment at Uni, due the next day, while also chatting in IRC about Gentoo: "I really should emerge the assignment, make sure I've got the latest version... don't want to be marked down for answering an outdated question." The resolution? "Oh wait, I'm still using Windows. Nevermind, I'll risk it and stick with the version I've got."
And when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet, I often try to check to make sure I'm emptying the right bladder, or the right bowels. I have no idea how many of each I think that I have at the time, but it's clearly more than one, because I feel I need to check.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:31 pm UTC

The computer and gaming related anecdotes people have shared are classic. Spend all day, or a significant part of your day just before bed, on anything that pulls you into a separate frame of thought, and you'll be thinking about it in bed and when you wake up. I've spent sick days playing games that resulted in reeeeally weird walks to school the next morning, and I hate hate hate tossing and turning with barely lucid, nonsensical thoughts based on some mix of reality and a book or game or project that I was engaged in late into the night.

The "knife too sharp to get dirty" and "brushing off water saves energy" ones tickled me particularly because they weren't caused by any specific activity, like an all-day dishwashing and showering marathon, and so until I stopped to really consider them, I didn't have a way to say they were obviously false impressions, and so they were a bit more persistent.
phlip wrote:Now, I somehow figured out that this dry throat was actually an aggregate of a whole bunch of separate XML nodes in my throat, possibly even upper chest, all of which needed water... and I needed to somehow guide the water to each one. Luckily, my throat is object-oriented and polymorphic... so all I had to do was pour water down my throat, and it would take care of the rest. So I did this a couple of times, and returned to bed.
And when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet, I often try to check to make sure I'm emptying the right bladder, or the right bowels. I have no idea how many of each I think that I have at the time, but it's clearly more than one, because I feel I need to check.

Those two made my day.
Last edited by Bakemaster on Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:22 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Cryopyre

Postby Cryopyre » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:07 am UTC

This used to happen all the time when I was in the showers in the morning, barely lucid, I would think up new mathematical theories that made incredible sense, and then, after the shower as I was becoming awake, they made no sense at all.
Felstaff wrote:I actually see what religion is to social, economical and perhaps political progress in a similar way to what war is to technological progress.

Gunfingers wrote:Voting is the power to speak your mind. You, apparently, had nothing to say.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:22 am UTC

A few weeks ago I was sewing a pair of pants. I cut out my fabric, then had a dinner and a few glasses of wine (Ooh) then pinned the pants together. Then I realised they were completely wrong, repinned them and sewed them up. I edged and hemmed the pants and everything.

Turns out they weren't right anyway, I had a front leg and a back leg, rather than a right leg and a left leg. Ripping seams is no fun at all.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:35 am UTC

A few weeks ago, at an hour which I was not lucid enough to note the hour, I took a shower.

Generally, I shave in the shower and so keep a fogless shaving mirror with a razor in there. This fine morning I decided to shave my pubic hair for reasons which are not quite clear but seemed good at the time. I didn't cut myself though.

I'm still trying to decide if I'll ever do it again.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:48 am UTC

A while back, when I had a delirious fever, I spent a few hours trying to remember how to get out of bed. I remember thinking that I didn't have much energy, so I'd better get it right the first time. I think my plan was to roll over while pulling up a knee under me, rise into a kneeling position, and then float gently out of bed, because once I was kneeling, I'd probably be light enough to float in air.

Qoppa

Postby Qoppa » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:00 am UTC

If I find myself doing a lot of homework, or something else brain intensive right before going to bed, I find myself falling asleep, and waking up to thoughts permeated by whatever it was I was studying. For example, the other morning, I woke up thinking "I need to find the probability of the shower...", and then proceeded to try and figure out how to find it, before eventually realizing that what I actually needed to do is get out of bed and have a fucking shower.

Perhaps most impressive is the fact that I quite often find answers to these nonsensical questions.

Code: Select all

_=0,w=-1,(*t)(int,int);a()??<char*p="[gd\
~/d~/\\b\x7F\177l*~/~djal{x}h!\005h";(++w
<033)?(putchar((*t)(w??(p:>,w?_:0XD)),a()
):0;%>O(x,l)??<_='['/7;{return!(x%(_-11))
?x??'l:x^(1+ ++l);}??>main(){t=&O;w=a();}

Return to “General”