Types of alcohol and their effects...

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Re: Types of alcohol and their effects...

Postby 22/7 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:19 pm UTC

pollywog wrote:Ok. I drink La Chica. It costs $25 a bottle. Should we use salt and lemon, or go straight?
First of all, on the correct side of the globe, the side where tequila comes from, we drink our tequila with lime. Well, at least the women do. The men drink it for breakfast. For, not with. They also open the bottles by grating the mouth of the bottle across their ridiculously rough stubble until the very glass of the bottle is removed below the lid/cork/etc.* My current favorite is Don Julio 1942, and I propose we start drinking this weekend.

*I am able to muster roughly the amount of stubble a 6 year-old girl would grow, so I generally bite the neck of the bottle off instead.
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

kaitou

Postby kaitou » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:37 am UTC

I'll be attending Scotchathon tomorrow. I'll let you know Sunday, if I survive.

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:28 am UTC

My roommate and friend made an executive decision a few weeks back that we were going to have a box wine party. So, nine liters of wine and five heads. Details of what happened later in the evening are a tad sketchy at best and somewhat cobbled together from what we could collectively remember. Of this I am sure: at some point I climbed through my roommate's window because his door was locked and we wanted to see what he was doing.
Gojoe wrote:Well, I would say something here, but it would only make it worse.

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:00 am UTC

nsmjohn wrote:Now, for the wild card: Pot. I am interested what happens to everyone when they throw that little devil into the mix (I am talking about smoking while drunk, or drinking when stoned. AKA crossfading). For me it changes "slighty brash and capricious" to "very brash and capricious".
Smoke before I drink? I'm a tank. I can consume 2ice the amount of alcohol I did before, and remain relatively normal. I hate myself in the morning, and spend all my money (never walk into a liquor store stoned. I paid $50 for a bottle of vodka that tastes like cough syrup, and I still have, months later), but I have a good time. Start drinking before I smoke? I green out, get violently dizzy, vomit everywhere, and spend the whole night lying down clutching the ground. You will not believe how long it took me to learn this lesson.

22/7 wrote:First of all, on the correct side of the globe, the side where tequila comes from, we drink our tequila with lime. Well, at least the women do. The men drink it for breakfast. For, not with. They also open the bottles by grating the mouth of the bottle across their ridiculously rough stubble until the very glass of the bottle is removed below the lid/cork/etc.* My current favorite is Don Julio 1942, and I propose we start drinking this weekend.
Alright, since you're so fucking manly (lol. It's you. What the hell am I saying?) we'll do it the fun way. Snort a line of salt, take the shot, and squeeze a citrus fruit of your choice into your eyes.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

0range

Postby 0range » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:42 am UTC

Belial wrote:
0range wrote:Strange, what got me thinking about this was that I bought a bottle of absinthe a few days ago. So far, I've had mild stomach pains after drinking it, even in small quantities.

Anyone want to trade a half bottle of scotch for the rest of this crap?

I have several half bottles of scotch.

What brand of absinthe?

It was 'Lucid'. Now it's urine, sorry I drank it... thanks for offering though.
"A person who persists in believing what is not true or disbelieving what is true can waste a lifetime of effort on something that is without hope of success."

E. Jayne

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:56 am UTC

Rum makes me sick, just because it's so sweet, and I hate tasting it on my breath after I've had a bit to drink. Smirnoff Ice gives me a headache because of how dehydrating all the sugar is.

These are the same effects that they would have on me if they were nonalcoholic, though.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:01 am UTC

0range wrote:
Belial wrote:
0range wrote:Strange, what got me thinking about this was that I bought a bottle of absinthe a few days ago. So far, I've had mild stomach pains after drinking it, even in small quantities.

Anyone want to trade a half bottle of scotch for the rest of this crap?

I have several half bottles of scotch.

What brand of absinthe?

It was 'Lucid'. Now it's urine, sorry I drank it... thanks for offering though.

Lucid is a semi-decent brand, I totally would've made that trade.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Bobber
contains Disodium Phosphate

Postby Bobber » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:07 am UTC

Has anyone considered the possibility of a placebo effect?

If you drink red wine, which is seen as a somewhat sophisticated spirit, you expect to act more sophisticated, "snobby" and just overall more appreciative of the "finer things" in life, such as cheese as mentioned earlier.

Other drinks, such as tequila, which is seen as a "manly" drink, makes you expect to act more manly and brutally.

Absinthe makes you expect to act insane, vodka makes you expect to act.. err.. Russian?
the same thing goes for all of the other spirits - they all have some stereotypical way of making people act.

Your body doesn't care if you drink 80 ml of ethanol, 80 ml of ethanol, 80 ml of ethanol or 80 ml of ethanol.
I don't twist the truth, I just make it complex.
mrbaggins wrote:There are two tools in life, duct tape and WD40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:33 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
sophyturtle wrote:Double Blacks are actually not vodka drink, but malt beverages if I remember right.
I call them alcoholic candy.

I believe the technical name is Alcopop.

And they're way too damn sweet.

I've been known to buy them in crates of 15, for the express purpose of getting absolutely wankered, a property which stems from their being incredibly agreeable to drink (quickly), and high in sugar making you hyper too! I basically become the ultimate dancing fool due to them, I love it!

I tend to drink strong dark Bitter (I blame my cumbrian father) which can havea very relaxing effect, with truely staggeringly bad hangovers.

Super strong lager, (Tennents Super anyone?) tends to make me more malicious, in a fuuny but not out and out nasty way.

Rum (Morgans Spiced) will make me very chatty, and smiley.

Vodka seems to have little effect on me, other than the physiological effects of alcoholic beverages.

Absolute Ethanol (spirit distilled to 95.6% purity) causes intense physical pain on consumption, but is otherwise like vodka.

I suspect that the above "effects" are more to do with my intent and state of mind when buying the alcohol.

22/7

Postby 22/7 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:39 pm UTC

pollywog wrote:Alright, since you're so fucking manly (lol. It's you. What the hell am I saying?) we'll do it the fun way. Snort a line of salt, take the shot, and squeeze a citrus fruit of your choice into your eyes.
Fuck yeah we will. You bring the salt (we'll need one of those big cylinders. Don't bring any weak-ass salt shakers. I want big crystals, too. If I can't feel them cutting the tissue inside my nose, I don't want anything to do with it) and I'll bring the citrusy fruit. Oh, and I think instead of taking the shots out of shot glasses, we should just put a catheter in the bottle, stick the other end in a vein, and turn the bottle upside down.

So basically we'll be snorting salt and squirting citrus in our eyes while slowly poisoning ourselves. We'll feel like rock stars.

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

MoonBuggy

Postby MoonBuggy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:11 pm UTC

Bobber wrote:Has anyone considered the possibility of a placebo effect?
Your body doesn't care if you drink 80 ml of ethanol, 80 ml of ethanol, 80 ml of ethanol or 80 ml of ethanol.

Possibly, but there's a whole lot more in there than just ethanol - I'd always just assumed that the excessively complicated interactions between your brain, your liver and the ethanol were dependant on whatever other mess of chemicals make up your given drink.

Or maybe magic. That works too.
Michael McClary, in alt.fusion, wrote:Irrigation of the land with sewater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:14 pm UTC

T - 10 seconds: slightly buzzed
T: drank one shot of Habushu
T + 15 minutes: just sober enough to know that I shouldn't drink for the next hour
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:39 pm UTC

22/7 wrote:So basically we'll be snorting salt and squirting citrus in our eyes while slowly poisoning ourselves. We'll feel like rock stars.
Dude, you and me, we are rock stars.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

0range

Postby 0range » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:56 pm UTC

Belial wrote:Lucid is a semi-decent brand, I totally would've made that trade.

Yeah, I have to admit that I developed a taste for it. At least, I was still willing to drink it despite it's faint liquorish taste and the pounding stomach pains it gave me.

Stuff is expensive though!
"A person who persists in believing what is not true or disbelieving what is true can waste a lifetime of effort on something that is without hope of success."

E. Jayne

0range

Postby 0range » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:58 pm UTC

Yeah, this is what I tentatively believe... mostly because I end up acting like an asshole no matter what I drink.

I was hoping someone could come out and give a definitive answer, but maybe there hasn't been a whole lot of research done on the subject.

E. Jayne

thornahawk

Postby thornahawk » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:48 am UTC

About absinthe, a quote from somebody I know, from another forum I read:

I am not disputing your remarks. I am reminded however of the similar controversies surrounding the substance thujone and the essential oil of wormwood (A. absinthium) the much demonized herbal for which absinthe is named. Supporters of the ban on absinthe maintained that absinthe drives people mad. Early toxicologists pointed to thujone as the culprit. Before and after the recent lifting of the ban in most of EU (there were places where it was never banned) and Switzerland, arguments raged about the controversy from almost every possible viewpoint. The prevailing view is that the high ethanol content along with adulterants in cheaper grades of absinthe were the toxic components. The thujone content is actually quite low and consistent with present regulatory maxima in EU. My former partner studied a lot of well preserved samples of century old absinthe by GC/MS.'

Still others, who really really wanted the legendary storied hallucinogenic properties to be true, opined that even if thujone was not so psychoactive (beyond being a mild GABA antagonist) there must be some minor and overlooked component in real absinthe that was hallucinogenic. This appears to be wishful thinking, but is damnably difficult to disprove (or prove for that matter.)

And at least at one time about 10-15 years ago there was a theory that thujone and THC shared a receptor site. This was just more wishful thinking.

I mention all this not to go OT nor to be argumentative but merely to draw parallels between the seperation science problems, and the other factors involved in evaluating problems like these. It is neither simple nor easy. I think it might be relatively easy to seperate nutmeg oil into several fractions, with identifiable and quantifiable components, and likely some overlap. These fractions might be evaluated individually for activity and thus some eliminated along with their components, thus reducing the problem set to a more manageable scope. The final assault will most likely be a highly demanding and costly prep chromatography one. This really sounds like a project for a multidisciplinary team.

19th century and early 20th century absinthe did not contain high levels of thujone. Despite the name, A. absinthium is not the primary herb used in making absinthe, it is quite secondary. The main herb is P. anisum, anise, or other species containing a lot of anethole, which is the main chemical component of absinthe after ethanol. These include green fennel and star anise.

An understanding of how absinthe is traditionally made demonstrates why larger amounts of thujone cannot be present. The herbs are milled and mixed in a steep with strong ethanol of grape origin - not fermented from corn or beets or grain etc but only from grapes. Typically, inexpensive grape alcohol is produced from the waste of wine production. The French call the resulting brandy marc, the Italians grappa. It takes a ton of pressed grapeskins to produce a liter of this, the stuff is pretty raw and is definitely an acquired taste. But absinthe cannot properly be produced from anything else, or even neutral spirits (vedka) if it is to be authentic.

The steep is diluted a bit then distilled. The essential oils pass over with the ethanol/water while the bitter principles remain behind. If the distillation is continued too long these bitter principles begin to come over and ruin the product.

The absinthe is at this point about 75-80 degree and is adjusted to 68-72 degree with water and then colorated. The coloration process is finicky and imparts the balancing flavors as well as the traditional peridot green color which is entirely due to chlorophyll and is perishable.

In order for thujone levels to be high, the amount of absinthium used would have to exceed the amount of anise/fennel/star anise (often a mix) and this simply is never done. The Scientific American article by Dr Wilfred Arnold, which postulated in the 1990s that antique absinthe contained 100 mg/Kg thujone, was entirely in error and was based on rather faulty conjecture only. Arnold was out to prove that absinthe was the cause of van Gogh's ear-cutting episode.

Antique absinthe made traditionally by the great firms of Pernod, Berger, etc. contained single digit ppms of thujone.

However the five great traditional makers accounted for only 20% of production while the rest was made by scores or hundreds of petty companies, who often used "industrial" (non-viniferous) alcohol, mixed their products up from essential oils (like modern pastis) and colored them green with hepatotoxic aniline green dye or Paris green rodenticide, and simulated the louche of real absinthe with tumeric. No wonder people went mad.

It is not correct that most contemporary absinthe is made if the Czech Republic. A few are and are invariably trash, such as Hills or Sebors. Much better absinthes are produced in Spain, and particularly in France and Switzerland. My former partner makes his Jade Absinthe labels in France on antique copper alembics. I named this product myself. I can honestly say, having no commercial interest in them whatsoever, that they are the finest in the world.

Rather ersatz absinthes are also made in Japan, Bulgaria, Russia, Brazil (where they use rum as bade, ugh!) and elsewhere.

A brand made in Ibiza is entirely from star anise, and is artificially dyed a radioactive green that strongly resembles the reanimator juice in the grade-B horror film of same name, I suspect it is sodium fluorescein.

The Swiss never stopped making absinthe despite the ban, it just went underground and was known as Le Bleu. It was bootlegged in the Neuchatel area at about 30 swiss francs a liter and bottled in second hand wine bottles with computer printed labels. I have several empties (having helped empty them).

Interestingly the Swiss never used star anise. regarding it as toxic. Their French associates in Pontarlier just across the Jura mountains did use it. I looked into this old controversy and discovered that at one time shipments of star anise were admixed with Japanese star anise, a different species and one reported to contain a toxic principle not found in Chinese star anise. This is most likely the origin of the Swiss prejudice.

Thujone's physiological effects are similar to camphor, both have been used in massive doses to induce clonic seizures as alternative to electroconvulsive therapy. It takes 500 mg-1 gram i.v.

Otherwise thujone is a mild transient GABA antagonist and therefore, is something of a risk for undiagnosed epileptics. Depressed GABA levels will result in higher electrical activity in the brain.

Some idiot chasing the Green Fairy drank 10 ml of oil of wormwood a few years ago and went into renal failure, but recovered. This was in the Pacific Northwest, [...]

Likewise some idiot in the UK filled a yard glass with absinthe and downed it, he died of ethanol poisoning. Yard glasses are normally filled with ale, not hard liquor. A yard glass of creme de menthe would have probably killed him. Absinthe was overkill.

I could not put it more eloquently.

~ Werner
John Dolan wrote:Cigarettes are insanely expensive and turn lots of poor people into cringing beggars.

E-mail!

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:08 am UTC

If you drink red wine, which is seen as a somewhat sophisticated spirit, you expect to act more sophisticated, "snobby" and just overall more appreciative of the "finer things" in life, such as cheese as mentioned earlier.

Other drinks, such as tequila, which is seen as a "manly" drink, makes you expect to act more manly and brutally.

Absinthe makes you expect to act insane, vodka makes you expect to act.. err.. Russian?
the same thing goes for all of the other spirits - they all have some stereotypical way of making people act.

If that was the case you wouldn't get so much of a worse hangover after mixing types, which you do.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:32 am UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:

If that was the case you wouldn't get so much of a worse hangover after mixing types, which you do.

Alright, Vodka is 80 Proof, let's say. 40% Alcohol. What's the other 60%?

Or, to put it another way... Turkey and Shrimp both have protein in them - so what's the difference? The different feelings one gets after eating one over another are just all in your head.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

0range

Postby 0range » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:06 am UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:If that was the case you wouldn't get so much of a worse hangover after mixing types, which you do.

Citation?

T - 10 seconds: slightly buzzed
T: drank one shot of Habushu
T + 15 minutes: just sober enough to know that I shouldn't drink for the next hour

A bottle of alcohol with a pit viper in it?! That is awesome.

E. Jayne

kaitou

Postby kaitou » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:00 pm UTC

Well, survived the single malt tasting.

Oddly enough, I tend to get drunker on wine than scotch. I have a built-in feedback system that has me stop drinking when I start to get fuzzy. Higher alcohol content give a bigger shock to the system and I stop sooner. Wine sneaks up on me.

The effect I get is that things get a little fuzzy, sort of like moving from first person to third person - like watching myself (moving to second person is a lot scarier, especially for the person I'm talking to). I also tend to forget things, like name, faces, what language I'm supposed to be speaking, what planet I'm on, what time travel era I'm in - all just minor stuff, really (except for the "language" bit, you can get in real trouble on occasion with that).

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:12 pm UTC

0range wrote:A bottle of alcohol with a pit viper in it?! That is awesome.

And the venom. It's in the drink.
31/M/taken/US

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

wst

Postby wst » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:29 pm UTC

MoonBuggy wrote:

Possibly, but there's a whole lot more in there than just ethanol - I'd always just assumed that the excessively complicated interactions between your brain, your liver and the ethanol were dependant on whatever other mess of chemicals make up your given drink.

Or maybe magic. That works too.

They took the alcohol out of Stella Artois and gave it to bulls.
Which ran around lots and got (more) aggressive.
It's not just alcheehal.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

22/7

Postby 22/7 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:24 pm UTC

wst wrote:They took the alcohol out of Stella Artois and gave it to bulls.
It's not just alcheehal.
[video needed]

Steroid wrote:
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

wst

Postby wst » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

22/7 wrote:
wst wrote:They took the alcohol out of Stella Artois and gave it to bulls.
It's not just alcheehal.
[video needed]
Eh, it was thing I was told in Enrichment/Don't dirnk and drive lesson last week. We didn't get a video :( I'll dig around though, just in case.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

22/7

Postby 22/7 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:22 pm UTC

It wasn't a citation needed kind of thing, I just really want to see them feed it to bulls and the bulls get all crazy.

Steroid wrote:
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

wst

Postby wst » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:59 pm UTC

22/7 wrote:It wasn't a citation needed kind of thing, I just really want to see them feed it to bulls and the bulls get all crazy.
Well, in the absense of bulls, we have spherical cow and felltir, who's some kid of gazelle.
I'll get the stella.
(Don't object guys! Part of the experiment is using alcohol as control! Go ooon, I'm bribing you with alcohol! (Though I can't legally buy it yet...))

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:23 am UTC

wst wrote:... some kid of gazelle puma.

Fixed.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

0range

Postby 0range » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:52 am UTC

rrwoods wrote:

Now my only problem is whether to put this below or above talking toilets on my 'Reasons to visit Japan' list. Do I get a combo if I get hammered off of the viper venom and throw up into a talking toilet?

E. Jayne

22/7

Postby 22/7 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:46 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:
wst wrote:... some kid of gazelle puma.
Fixed.
Abuuuhhh?

I knew felltir was spending too much time stalking and feasting on other gazelles...

Steroid wrote:
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:47 pm UTC

0range wrote:Do I get a combo if I get hammered off of the viper venom and throw up into a talking toilet?

SIGGED
31/M/taken/US

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:57 pm UTC

22/7 wrote:
pollywog wrote:Alright, since you're so fucking manly (lol. It's you. What the hell am I saying?) we'll do it the fun way. Snort a line of salt, take the shot, and squeeze a citrus fruit of your choice into your eyes.
Fuck yeah we will. You bring the salt (we'll need one of those big cylinders. Don't bring any weak-ass salt shakers. I want big crystals, too. If I can't feel them cutting the tissue inside my nose, I don't want anything to do with it) and I'll bring the citrusy fruit. Oh, and I think instead of taking the shots out of shot glasses, we should just put a catheter in the bottle, stick the other end in a vein, and turn the bottle upside down.

So basically we'll be snorting salt and squirting citrus in our eyes while slowly poisoning ourselves. We'll feel like rock stars.

Yeah living in California.. I gotta wonder... is there any other way to do it? Everyone I know drinks their tequila via intravenous procedures, and using rock salt (you know... the stuff they cool down ice cream with) as well as limes. Limes mixed with habenero chiles, cause that's how we roll.

You're not drunk until blood starts leaking out of more than one orifice.
uhhhh fuck.

3fj

Postby 3fj » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:28 am UTC

The only thing i could link with odd behaviour is Sambucca, which makes me fucking retarded and throw up.

Everything else makes me talkative, and i like to think (at the time) hilarious. Which in turn makes me happy.
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:58 am UTC

0range wrote:
rrwoods wrote:
Now my only problem is whether to put this below or above talking toilets on my 'Reasons to visit Japan' list. Do I get a combo if I get hammered off of the viper venom and throw up into a talking toilet?

Isn't habushu known for being incredibly, horrendously, mouth-washingly vile? Especially when they drown the snake in there (which means you've got rotted snake shit floating around in your drink)? The venom part is pretty badass though.
kira wrote:*piles up some limbs and blood and a couple hearts for good measure*
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.
*...pokes at it with a stick*

0range

Postby 0range » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:00 am UTC

clintonius wrote:Isn't habushu known for being incredibly, horrendously, mouth-washingly vile? Especially when they drown the snake in there (which means you've got rotted snake shit floating around in your drink)? The venom part is pretty badass though.

It is rather strange. Under most circumstances, if I were to find rotted feces or animal parts in my drink, I'd be inclined to legal proceedings at the least, but in this case I would pay for the right and cherish the memory. If this isn't proof of relativism, I don't know what is.

E. Jayne

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:49 pm UTC

clintonius wrote:Isn't habushu known for being incredibly, horrendously, mouth-washingly vile? Especially when they drown the snake in there (which means you've got rotted snake shit floating around in your drink)? The venom part is pretty badass though.

If it is, then this was really really good habushu. This actually tasted quite smooth.

Oh yeah, pictures of the thing: http://www.symelion.com/halloween/ (along with other pictures from the same party).
31/M/taken/US

wst

Postby wst » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:20 pm UTC

I don't know what my friends had the other night, but one of them (non-frequent-drinker) ate a whole lemon then vomited copiously (the lemon triggered it anyway), and another one snorted black pepper (ground... and he had to 'snort water' afterwards to stop the pain. Which felt like he was drowning.)

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:29 pm UTC

So your friends are idiots. Not quite sure what this has to do with the kind of alcohol they imbibed.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:35 pm UTC

I imagine that should be on the bottle:
The Surgeon General wrote:Warning: ingestion of alcohol has been shown to terminally exacerbate pre-existing cases of stupidity. Please consult your doctor before taking if you are are, or suspect yourself to be, a dumbass.
Have you given up?

0range

Postby 0range » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:35 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:So your friends are idiots. Not quite sure what this has to do with the kind of alcohol they imbibed.

Or... "Cool story Hansel."

E. Jayne

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:39 am UTC

I eat whole lemons all the time...
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Return to “General”