Have you ever been Banned? (here or anywhere)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Have you ever been Banned?

Yes
19%
No
81%

Total votes: 262

Clumpy

Re: Have you ever been Banned? (here or anywhere)

Postby Clumpy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:21 am UTC

idlehandsrome18 wrote:
Clumpy wrote:Well, I just got banned from my first real forum a couple of days ago (here) for bitching about the word filters we had up. I was always the guy to take everything pretty well and then go apeshit over something comparatively minor. Ah, well. . .

I think the mods were allowed to abuse their powers for no reason that week.

Well, basically I got caught up on not being able to have straight-up conversations for a couple of days. Reading back into the announcement thread I would have realized both the time limit and how much fun the mods were having with it. It wasn't really a big deal, however momentarily frustrating.

Beacons!

Postby Beacons! » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:10 pm UTC

Oh yeah and I've been banned from Habbo Hotel during raids, of course.
"Woof!", explained the dog

knight2417

Postby knight2417 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:19 pm UTC

Ive been banned multiple times from Club Penguin, but its surprising how far you can go without getting banned.

Sparthox

Postby Sparthox » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:36 pm UTC

I was banned on this forum for posting in the ban thread. I still have a dull ache where my heart used to be... :cry:
juststrange wrote:Same wedding, 2 cakes, 1 regular wedding style, 1 ninja turtle. No joke. And little hotdogs at the reception, the groom demanded little hotdogs.

tzar1990

Postby tzar1990 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:43 pm UTC

I've only been banned once...
From neopets... :oops:

(some jerk hacked my account and then reported me as a cheater.)
The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. ~Eden Phillpotts, A Shadow Passes

CrunchyFoodstuff

Postby CrunchyFoodstuff » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 pm UTC

Lemme see:

- Around 2000-ish: from a Dutch chat channel where I impersonated someone who was being a dick all the time. I basically trolled and exagerated his dickish behaviour, after which he threw a temper tantrum that included the marvelous line "I'll pull your head through the monitor!" :lol: ... Needless to say I wasn't able to log back in using that user name (nor could the original owner) after repeating the antics about three times...
- Around 2002: repeated auto-boot from an IRC channel owned by some dorks who didn't like me (likely IP-address-based).
- Around 2007: Temporarily banned from a large forum that I will not name because some asshole thought it would be fun to post racist stuff on three different fora using my real name, and apparently subsequently hacking one of the fora. The first two fora (including the hacked one) banned the troll. The third decided to act like a bunch of morons and ban me, despite the fact that the troll was based in the USA and posted on times I couldn't even post. :roll:

Return to “General”