What is your goal in life?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Life motivation

Happiness
34
34%
Success
4
4%
Fame
2
2%
Power
3
3%
Provide for loved ones
1
1%
To have loved ones
12
12%
Other
18
18%
To Make the World A Better Place
25
25%
 
Total votes: 99

SneakyMongo
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:31 am UTC

What is your goal in life?

Postby SneakyMongo » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:14 am UTC

What motivates you to get up every day, face the grind, so on.
Last edited by SneakyMongo on Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:33 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Oh no, we're caught in the cross-fire
Wait, the werewolves have machine guns?
-Spoony Experiment

User avatar
kinigget
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 pm UTC
Location: the wild wild west

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby kinigget » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:22 am UTC

I put "happiness" but my actual goal in life at this time is to scare as many people as I can. Which makes me happy.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

User avatar
Hans
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 3:11 am UTC
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Hans » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:24 am UTC

I said other; I want to make the world a better place, even if only slightly. Rather sappy, perhaps, but true.
Don't look or you'll collapse my wave function!

User avatar
Naurgul
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:50 am UTC
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Naurgul » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:26 am UTC

'Make the world a better place' should have been an option, I would go for it as well.
Praised be the nightmare, which reveals to us that we have the power to create hell.

User avatar
kinigget
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 pm UTC
Location: the wild wild west

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby kinigget » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:26 am UTC

so should "make the world a weirder place" which is what I was going for.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

SneakyMongo
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:31 am UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby SneakyMongo » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:35 am UTC

Naurgul wrote:'Make the world a better place' should have been an option, I would go for it as well.


Done!
Oh no, we're caught in the cross-fire
Wait, the werewolves have machine guns?
-Spoony Experiment

quartercirclefish
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:11 am UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby quartercirclefish » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:24 am UTC

I put Success, but not in the financial sense if that is what is meant. I'm looking for success in my chosen physics field. Which is kind of linked to fame (within the field) and making the world a better place (advancing human knowledge).

User avatar
EvilDuckie
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:29 pm UTC
Location: The Netherlands

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby EvilDuckie » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:40 pm UTC

Bit of a dilemma choosing between happiness and making the world a better place, since the things that make me happy make the world a (slightly) better place. Or at least I'd like to think so... I'm a badminton trainer, training the youth groups at our club, and I get a kick out of teaching those kids something. So yeah, it's a little thing, but it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.
Quack!

User avatar
Beacons!
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:17 pm UTC
Location: The Grand Unifying Intermahweb

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Beacons! » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:43 pm UTC

Fame, but not in a Paris Hilton way. I'd like to get a theorem/equation/paradox with my name on it forevermore. Like that Noisettes song says "Scratch your name into the fabric of this world before you go".
"Woof!", explained the dog

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5943
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Angua » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:06 pm UTC

Other, as I have no idea what drives me.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
roc314
Is dead, and you have killed him
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 am UTC
Location: A bunker, here behind my wall
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby roc314 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:16 pm UTC

No one's put gaining knowledge yet? That's a pretty major goal of mine, to accrue as much knowledge as possible. I wouldn't say it's my only goal in life, but it's definitely one of the most important ones.

I guess a related secondary goal would be to advance human knowledge.
Hippo: roc is the good little communist that lurks in us all
Richard Stallman: Geeks like to think that they can ignore politics, you can leave politics alone, but politics won't leave you alone.
suffer-cait: roc's a pretty cool dude

User avatar
Devilsaur
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:45 am UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Devilsaur » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:37 pm UTC

Some people act and do to compensate for what they can't have. Some social workers strive to fix others because they can't fix themselves, some people give and give because they never received.

I picked to have loved ones.

SneakyMongo
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:31 am UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby SneakyMongo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:41 am UTC

roc314 wrote:No one's put gaining knowledge yet? That's a pretty major goal of mine, to accrue as much knowledge as possible. I wouldn't say it's my only goal in life, but it's definitely one of the most important ones.

I guess a related secondary goal would be to advance human knowledge.


So....did you put other?
Oh no, we're caught in the cross-fire
Wait, the werewolves have machine guns?
-Spoony Experiment

User avatar
roc314
Is dead, and you have killed him
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 am UTC
Location: A bunker, here behind my wall
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby roc314 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:54 am UTC

SneakyMongo wrote:
roc314 wrote:No one's put gaining knowledge yet? That's a pretty major goal of mine, to accrue as much knowledge as possible. I wouldn't say it's my only goal in life, but it's definitely one of the most important ones.

I guess a related secondary goal would be to advance human knowledge.
So....did you put other?
Yes. It fit best.
Hippo: roc is the good little communist that lurks in us all
Richard Stallman: Geeks like to think that they can ignore politics, you can leave politics alone, but politics won't leave you alone.
suffer-cait: roc's a pretty cool dude

User avatar
negatron
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:20 pm UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby negatron » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:28 pm UTC

"To become a packet of pure light energy" should be one of the options. "Other" doesn't quite convey the motive.
Image
I shouldn't say anything bad about calculus, but I will - Gilbert Strang

User avatar
Chfan
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:26 pm UTC
Location: American East Coast

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Chfan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:36 pm UTC

Neither does "Otter."

I think the ultimate goal of life is to be happy. Even if you do become rich and famous, it's so you'll be happy, right? If you make the world a better/weirder place, you're happy, right? Even selfless things are somewhat self-serving.

I voted for "Happiness," but "To reproduce so there's some semblance of me actually mattering to this world's history" should probably be an option too.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

User avatar
Naurgul
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:50 am UTC
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Naurgul » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:28 pm UTC

Chfan wrote:I think the ultimate goal of life is to be happy. Even if you do become rich and famous, it's so you'll be happy, right? If you make the world a better/weirder place, you're happy, right? Even selfless things are somewhat self-serving.
That's exactly the reason that happiness almost shouldn't be on the list. It applies to everything because in the end emotions are used by humans as an incentive to achieve goals. Unless you're like a drug addict and trying to find things that make you feel 'happy' and then exploit them and harvest the feeling, this shouldn't be the option to choose.
Praised be the nightmare, which reveals to us that we have the power to create hell.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:30 pm UTC

At this point, inertia.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

SneakyMongo
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:31 am UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby SneakyMongo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:43 pm UTC

Naurgul wrote:
Chfan wrote:I think the ultimate goal of life is to be happy. Even if you do become rich and famous, it's so you'll be happy, right?


That's the entire point of the thread. So far the only real counter point in any strength is altruistic.
Oh no, we're caught in the cross-fire
Wait, the werewolves have machine guns?
-Spoony Experiment

User avatar
Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 am UTC
Location: Albuquerque, NM.

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Mr. Beck » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:53 pm UTC

negatron wrote:"To become a packet of pure light energy" should be one of the options. "Other" doesn't quite convey the motive.
Is Negatron gonna fusion himself, or find a chunk of antimatter? Only time will tell.

User avatar
Seda
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:07 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Seda » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:07 am UTC

This about sums it up.


goal.gif
goal.gif (115.58 KiB) Viewed 3403 times
Aum

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby xndrew » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:40 am UTC

I put happiness, but that's a lie. I want to wake up when sun is rising, plop onto the floor by my bed, shower, feel the crack of an egg on the side of a frying pan, suck the milk off the ends of my mustache, read books, get dressed, walk around, wave at people, shake hands and give hugs, ride a bike, jump on a trampoline, kiss girls, watch movies...

User avatar
Affableprechaun
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:23 am UTC
Location: Gainesville, Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Affableprechaun » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:52 am UTC

Provide for loved ones. I mean, I want a lot of those other things, but what keeps me going through my hard times? Why do I get up every day no matter what happened the day before? My little sister. She needs me. And my goal is to one day provide for my wife, and my kids. I have many goals, and that is just one. But a big one. The biggest perhaps. I think it is important to have your biggest goal be outside of yourself. Provide for others. Make their life better. A noble goal. I only hope I will achieve it.

User avatar
segmentation fault
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:10 pm UTC
Location: Nu Jersey
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby segmentation fault » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:18 pm UTC

survival.
people are like LDL cholesterol for the internet

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby xndrew » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:34 pm UTC

Well while I'm here I'll
do the work- -
and what's the Work?
To ease the pain of living.
Everything else, drunken
dumbshow. -A.G.

User avatar
Naurgul
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:50 am UTC
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life? - GLaDOS

Postby Naurgul » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:48 pm UTC

segmentation fault wrote:survival.

What's your point, anyway? Survival? Well then, the last thing you want to do is hurt me. I have your brain scanned and permanently backed-up in case something terrible happens to you, which it's just about to. Don't believe me? Here, I'll put you on:
segmentation fault wrote:Hellooooooooo!

That's you! That's how dumb you sound! You've been wrong about every single thing you've ever done, including this thing. You're not smart. You're not a scientist. You're not a doctor. You're not even a full-time employee! Where did your life go so wrong?

PS: Sorry, had to be done, this not being SB and all.
Praised be the nightmare, which reveals to us that we have the power to create hell.

User avatar
Fledermen64
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:29 pm UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Fledermen64 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:33 pm UTC

Assist in or see the beginning of self sustained human colinization of extra-terrestrial environments. If I wind up being happy than awesome but fuck it all this is what matters to me.
"I just want to say before I do this that I have no idea what I'm doing and I love you all very dearly. Ok lets light this bitch and hope for the best"
-Myself before a homemade 4th of July fireworks extravaganza

User avatar
Quadropus
Posts: 572
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:30 pm UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Quadropus » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:38 pm UTC

Thinking about it, I don't think I have a goal in life.

Continuing to exist and trying to enjoy it is about as good as it gets I suppose...
Image

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

User avatar
ASmileWithoutACat
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:53 pm UTC
Location: Perhaps over your head... or maybe behind you.
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby ASmileWithoutACat » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:29 am UTC

I don't think it's a goal, really, but I think I do have a reason that I continue to exist.

It's either stubbornness or bloody-mindedness or just sheer perversity (as in Finagle's Law (get your mind out of the gutter so there's more room for me)).

I hang around to spite the universe (and the university) that continually refuses to give me a reason to do so.
You know it's all beginning
To feel like pretending...

Happy yesterday to all!

User avatar
Luthen
Posts: 2021
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:42 am UTC
Location: Dealing with xkcdian immigration
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Luthen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:04 am UTC

Voted "Make the world a better place" because that would be my ultimate goal, aiming for a course through fame and success in science. I figure that happiness and loved ones will be happen as long as I'm true to myself (excuse me while I go throw up, that was so cheesy). Plus I'm generally a fairly happy and content person, so happiness would kinda be pointless as a stand-alone goal.

Though gaining knowledge and skills may have made my choices difficult.
My fancy new blog Image I am not a vampire! Image PM my location for a prize!*

rnew: ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOAVATAR!
*Terms + conditions changeable

User avatar
lethesoda
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby lethesoda » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:17 am UTC

To instigate a Seldonocracy; a government run by psychologists.
Image
Spoiler:
Trapdoors. They make a difference.
The difference between "I'm leaving you" and "ZOMG YOU'RE A NINJA SWEET *secks*" -Kazuke

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby xndrew » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:57 pm UTC

I have a new goal in life, and sorry lethesoda, this isn't an attack on you, but I've never heard of it till now, and it's to make sure a Seldonocracy is never in place, ever.

elminster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: London, UK, Dimensions 1 to 42.
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby elminster » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:04 pm UTC

To make a significant contribution to technology.

Naurgul wrote:
Chfan wrote:I think the ultimate goal of life is to be happy. Even if you do become rich and famous, it's so you'll be happy, right? If you make the world a better/weirder place, you're happy, right? Even selfless things are somewhat self-serving.
That's exactly the reason that happiness almost shouldn't be on the list. It applies to everything because in the end emotions are used by humans as an incentive to achieve goals. Unless you're like a drug addict and trying to find things that make you feel 'happy' and then exploit them and harvest the feeling, this shouldn't be the option to choose.
I agree.
I submit that, in essence, every life goal can be achieved by being a brain dead person only capable of experiencing unfathomable joy (Relative to normal person and persisting till death) . To everyone else you would simply be mentally handicapped person, unable to complete any tasks for his/her self and would require help 24/7, but, since you're not able to see other peoples perspective, it wouldn't make the slightly bit of difference. You may disagree with it now or claim that such a person would be selfish (If you knowingly did that to yourself), but it's only because you have the ability to see from your current perspective.
Image

Mr.RobLikesBrunch
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:28 pm UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Mr.RobLikesBrunch » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:04 pm UTC

I have no "ultimate goal". I'm alive, and living and simply take things as they come.

There's no "reason" to live and there's no "reason" to try to *cough* Make the world a better place *cough*. How could there be? We're on a rock, floating through space. There's no reason for anything. We all die, that's the end (I believe once you're dead, that's it- a state of utter unconsciousness). The universe will continue infinitely without you. Why do we try to achieve anything at all, if in the end, there's no reason for it?

It doesn't matter when we die, because once we do die, we won't know we were ever alive, because we will be dead.

However, we are irrational; if that even makes sense- because technically nothing is rational and nothing is irrational- everything is just everything, unjudged and uncategorize, because it can't be. All realities are valid because there is nothing to deem one right over another. So, it's fairly hard to talk about something like this if, like I have, robbed the meaning of many defining terms. So let's put meaning back into the, even though it doesn't make "sense" (although of course it does, because it makes sense to us, which is a perfectly valid reality because it exists. There is no "ruling" truth.)

So. We are irrational. Although I think that it doesn't matter when I die because when you die you never knew you were alive, and since death is inevitable, at one point, I won't know I was alive because I'm dead, and time will be meaningless as I won't be in a conscious state to ponder and appreciate...because well..I'll be dead. Decaying in the ground.

Yet, despite these factors, despite the meaninglessness and the pointlessness of life, I work hard and I do my share and I form relationships, and I buy things, and I read, and I learn. It's so trivial yet it's the basis of our lives. It's completely insane and asinine, really.

So I say. Don't try to change the world at your own cost. Don't do anything unless it's what you want to do and if it makes you happy. Live life as it comes, and realize that in the end nothing matters- so risk it all.

So quite frankly, anyone that put "Make the world a better place" is an idiot. I can't find any rational whatsoever to justify that. Of course it could make you happy, but then your goal isn't truly making the world a better place, but rather, making yourself happy; utilizing your *believed* benefit to the world as a device to gain such a mental state.

(I know I went completely off-tangent there >.> *cough* not that it matters *cough*)

I'm just a kid in High School, then again, and I'm sure many of you have much more sophisticated arguments when it comes to stuff like this. So let's hear it. Anyway, we're not "designed" (as if we could be) to think about stuff like this. We're designed to survive. That's it. I'm sure that everyone thinks we're very enlightened, we've built particle accelerators, flown men to the moon. But in reality, I'm sure we're encompassed in a great pool of ignorance that we cannot escape as it is our very nature. We're beings meant to survive, not to think about the universe.

Then again, I'm saying that within the pool of ignorance, so it's almost like a..."loop" because everything I say is simply of that ignorance, and describing a fault due to ignorance is also ignorant since it stemmed from the same birthplace as the ignorance. :shock:

I'm not making any progress upon the issue simply due to my nature. You can't, it doesn't make sense- nothing does. Analyzing any of it is simply trivial, we're human. How can we understand anything more...we're limited by nature. BUt then again, I'm limited so when I talk about this things, as if I'm "above the issue" I'm really not...and saying I'm really not is still not really correct because I'm not really and can't deny something because that denial comes from the source of the limit itself, and what I just said does too <--- and that too <-- and that too (times infinity).

We just can't perceive it.
Last edited by Mr.RobLikesBrunch on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:06 pm UTC, edited 4 times in total.

WraithXt1
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:26 pm UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby WraithXt1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:18 pm UTC

Though I do lack motivation to do any one thing in life, I suppose I am motivated by my desire to be happy, which in turn requires money, which requires a job, which requires a degree, etc etc.

So really my life is driven by the fact that I want a really to have comfortable place to live and relax and a lot of free time...

User avatar
Pirate.Bondage
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:14 pm UTC
Location: On my pirate ship. Yarg.
Contact:

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:51 pm UTC

To make the world a better place, one simple act of kindness at a time. And no matter what anyone says, it DOES make a difference.

Standing up for, and defending, those who always seem to be targets for abuse and ridicule is something I literally do daily. I've seen the results; people stop teasing the kids and the kids eventually start standing up for themselves.

That isn't always the case, but mostly, so it's worth it to me. Kids are so cruel.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

The Cat

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby The Cat » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:06 pm UTC

Drink, smoke, smoke pot, sail, fly, travel around the world, hike, swim, ski, snowboard, skydive, bungy jump, scuba dive, ride horses, surf, water ski, wake board, fish, golf, camp, kite board, fly ultralights. Then around 40, once I've settled down a little bit, provided I'm still alive, get a job and raise some untamed hell children of my own. If there is a god, karma is going to be a bitch.

SneakyMongo
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:31 am UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby SneakyMongo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:09 am UTC

Mr.RobLikesBrunch wrote:How could there be?


Make one.
Although arbitrary, it will still exist.

Mr.RobLikesBrunch wrote: Why do we try to achieve anything at all, if in the end, there's no reason for it?


We must imagine Sisyphus laughing.

*grumbles about lazy kids*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Sisyphus

Mr.RobLikesBrunch wrote:Of course it could make you happy, but then your goal isn't truly making the world a better place, but rather, making yourself happy; utilizing your *believed* benefit to the world as a device to gain such a mental state.



Untrue. Someone could believe helping others to be, arbitrarily, the highest ideal. Above happiness, pleasure, life, everything.

Mr.RobLikesBrunch wrote:But in reality, I'm sure we're encompassed in a great pool of ignorance that we cannot escape as it is our very nature. We're beings meant to survive, not to think about the universe.



Yet here we are.
Oh no, we're caught in the cross-fire
Wait, the werewolves have machine guns?
-Spoony Experiment

User avatar
ethraax
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:19 pm UTC

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby ethraax » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:45 pm UTC

I still have people I want to show up. And I'm not leaving until I do.
Meowgan wrote:It's just like knitting, but with less knitting.

User avatar
Hackfleischkannibale
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:51 pm UTC
Location: not the moon... yet.

Re: What is your goal in life?

Postby Hackfleischkannibale » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:16 pm UTC

My goal in life is
to somehow, sometime, write a
haiku that ain't dumb.

Having loved ones and success, probably. I'm mainly egocentric, but not with a capital E.

And to MrRobLikesBrunch: If your old definition of altruism doesn't describe anything to you (because, ultimately, you want to do these things and are therefore making yourself happy), just note this and find a better one.
If this sentence makes no sense to you, why don't you just change a pig?


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kosakadrins, speising and 28 guests